Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:58:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  "the-team"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "the-team"  (Read 2801 times)
mdttkk
Rocker

« on: July 08, 2007, 01:41:52 AM »

Some people are trying real hard to get me to join this "team". I haven't finished reading the book yet but its basically making your own business on the internet and buying off each other i think.  You go to seminars and stuff, other than that I don't really know what they are about, and the people involved avoid giving straight up answers.  The website is www.the-team.biz, I am a bit skeptical about this, especially with these promises of making huge amounts of cash just by doing this. Has anyone ever heard of this before?
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 01:46:12 AM »

Never heard of it, but it sounds like a bad deal, to me.  The only ones really making any money are the ones selling the books, seminars, and stuff.  I think if you feel skeptical, then avoid it, by all means. 
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 01:46:25 AM »

Some people are trying real hard to get me to join this "team". I haven't finished reading the book yet but its basically making your own business on the internet and buying off each other i think.? You go to seminars and stuff, other than that I don't really know what they are about, and the people involved avoid giving straight up answers.? The website is www.the-team.biz, I am a bit skeptical about this, especially with these promises of making huge amounts of cash just by doing this. Has anyone ever heard of this before?

Yes, it's called a pyramid scheme. ?

It's best if you let Michael from "The Office" explain it. ?Try to find that episode...f'in hilarious.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 01:50:24 AM »

Some people are trying real hard to get me to join this "team". I haven't finished reading the book yet but its basically making your own business on the internet and buying off each other i think.  You go to seminars and stuff, other than that I don't really know what they are about, and the people involved avoid giving straight up answers.  The website is www.the-team.biz, I am a bit skeptical about this, especially with these promises of making huge amounts of cash just by doing this. Has anyone ever heard of this before?

The strong take from the weak, and the smart take from the strong.

It's a crock, avoid.

Edit: There is no easy way to make money. You want it, you have to work hard for it, harder than most people want to work.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 01:53:05 AM by Pharmo » Logged
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 01:58:12 AM »

thanks for your input, when my friends started talking about this i actually got a little hyped up and wanted to join this team without really putting any thought into it.  then i searched up the team on google, and although most of the pages that come up are from their official website, there are some blogs and reviews about this that tell it is just a scam.  to be honest i dont think my friends have even made any money, and u have to pay something like 200$ to join and start doing whatever.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 01:59:55 AM »

Anything that asks you to put money up front is a scam.

Anything that sounds too good to be true, probably is.

That will never change.

You had sense enough to search it out first.

Take your 200 bucks and put it in an index fund instead.
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 04:06:36 AM »

a guy i worked with was joining 'the team',  he was positive this was going to be 'the future' and that he was getting in on something that would make him a millionaire,  the premise did not make any sense to me-  you had to buy things off a website-  pretty much anything you would normally need (shampoo, clothes, tv's)...  now the person who signs you up gets a % of the money you spend on the product.. and after a while you're allowed to sign up people under your name-- and you would get a % of whatever they spend.   he tried SO hard to get me and another guy to join up- no way.
i felt like he was brainwashed by a cult,  i told him it was a scam to get his money and that the only people who actually make money are the ones putting on the seminars.   it was sad
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 07:51:15 AM »

I have some 'prime real estate' in South Florida I will sell you. Wink

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2007, 10:48:36 AM »

i haven't looked at the link you gave and only skim read your post, but its a pyramid scheme. they are bad. stay away. its a fake get rich quick scheme.

however if you're looking for a scheme that will get rich, and quick, then you'll want to invest money in my company. its nothing to do with pyramids, it harnesses the awesome energy of the trapezoid.....

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2007, 11:15:25 AM »

The A-team
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2007, 11:28:52 AM »

i haven't looked at the link you gave and only skim read your post, but its a pyramid scheme. they are bad. stay away. its a fake get rich quick scheme.

however if you're looking for a scheme that will get rich, and quick, then you'll want to invest money in my company. its nothing to do with pyramids, it harnesses the awesome energy of the trapezoid.....

I contacted my broker ... where can I send the cash.
I look forward to this investment opportunity, as everyone knows Trapezoidology is the wave of the future.? Thank you for such a fine opportunity.

P.S. Your commision check is in the mail.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 11:30:47 AM by fuckin crazy » Logged

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
SLCPUNK
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2007, 02:18:04 PM »

Please be sure to include your mother's maiden name and social security number along with the name of your first pet.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2007, 07:50:25 PM »

Yes, it's called a pyramid scheme. 

It's best if you let Michael from "The Office" explain it.  Try to find that episode...f'in hilarious.

rofl  Bill213.5 is right.  Friggin hilarious episode btw.   hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2007, 10:53:03 PM »

Just to clarify for anyone that hasn't seen that episode, it starts with Michael explaining his new business venture to his coworkers.  Michael was already screwed by a pyramid scheme a long time ago that cost him his life's savings so he was sure this time was different.  He made up this diagram explaining it and then Jim comes in and draws the pyramid around it.  The look on Michael's face was priceless.  rofl

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: