Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:14:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  1-18-08
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1-18-08  (Read 3496 times)
The Dog
Legend

« on: July 09, 2007, 11:05:55 PM »

I don't know why, but I am borderline obsessed with this.

Anyone have any thoughts as to what this movie is/is about?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dOsLD_KlQrw

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 11:57:34 PM »

I don't know why, but I am borderline obsessed with this.

Anyone have any thoughts as to what this movie is/is about?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dOsLD_KlQrw

Never heard of it, but here's a conjecture:

1.) It looks like a Blair Witch style "War of the Worlds" story. 
2.) At 0:14 in the trailer, there is a male silhouette that walks across the screen.  Maybe they intentionally made a really shitty movie, so they could MST3K it?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 12:25:23 AM »

I......................must find out more....................................!

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 03:06:36 AM »

that preview was damn cool, i wanna see that shit.

heres the imdb page on it-  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1060277/
it says its a monster attacking the city- 
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 09:46:35 AM »

yeah there are a lot of forums and youtube videos dissecting the trailer.  Apparently there are a few spin off sites.

1-18-08.com

ethanhaaswasright.com

slusho.com (someone in the trailer has a slusho shirt on)

My guess is its Blair Witch meets Signs - a monster attack movie from the regular Joe's POV.

Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 10:55:15 AM »

this movie looks fucking awsome.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 05:03:15 PM »

looks fucking lame
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 05:05:12 PM »

looks fucking lame

Agreed. Big fuckin' deal. Turn off the internet hype machine now. Snakes on a Plain, anyone?
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 06:40:28 PM »

yeah there are a lot of forums and youtube videos dissecting the trailer.  Apparently there are a few spin off sites.

1-18-08.com

ethanhaaswasright.com

My guess is its Blair Witch meets Signs - a monster attack movie from the regular Joe's POV.

The Ethan Haas sites are nothing to do with the movie. They're part of the marketing campaign for Alpha Omega, a role-playing game being produced by Mind Storm Labs. They popped up the day after the 1-18-08 teaser, hence the confusion.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 07:29:43 PM by 25 » Logged
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 06:43:12 PM »

As for the movie; No way of telling if it has potential to be good or bad, the teaser was filmed way before principal photography began. The marketing is clearly going to be very annoying though.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 07:00:58 PM »

it would be very interesting if the whole movie was shot from the perspective of that video camera that was carried around during the teaser.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2007, 07:10:21 PM »

it would be very interesting if the whole movie was shot from the perspective of that video camera that was carried around during the teaser.

I believe that's the idea. It's only a $30,000,000 movie, after all.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 08:24:10 PM »

1-18-08.com

ethanhaaswasright.com

The Ethan Haas sites are nothing to do with the movie. They're part of the marketing campaign for Alpha Omega, a role-playing game being produced by Mind Storm Labs. They popped up the day after the 1-18-08 teaser, hence the confusion.

yup, i just read that today.  nice publicity they got from all of this.

apparently there are more sites that have yet to be found that people CAN find if they look in the right places..... the search continues...

RebelRose89
Rocker

It's Showtime!

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 11:57:37 PM »

it looks like a pretty cool movie- the trailer served it's purpose, I'm now hooked!

Go Sabres - Go Bills - Go White Sox
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2007, 09:43:38 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEIKY-EahoY&NR=1

Better quality version

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2007, 09:50:36 PM »

yeah, paramount put out the high def version b/c the lower ones are too hard to find "clues" in.  seems they made it too hard as most people seem REALLY stumped! haha.

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2007, 10:58:57 PM »

If the marketing monkeys learn anything from this campaign it ought to be that viral marketing needs to be direct and self-evident. I feel sorry for all of the people who've had their personal sites and email accounts harassed endlessly just because they share a name or theme similar to this movie and its characters. And this is only week one, there's five more months of this ahead. JJ Abrams better have a hell of a pay-off in store for the rabid masses investigating his little marketing mystery or he's going to create a whole bunch of "enemies" with little to do other than bash him on messageboards all day.

I'm still hoping for a Cthulhu/Dagon-ish movie at the end of all this. If it turns out to be Blair Witch Vs Godzilla I'll be less than impressed.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2007, 11:05:57 PM »

If the marketing monkeys learn anything from this campaign it ought to be that viral marketing needs to be direct and self-evident. I feel sorry for all of the people who've had their personal sites and email accounts harassed endlessly just because they share a name or theme similar to this movie and its characters. And this is only week one, there's five more months of this ahead. JJ Abrams better have a hell of a pay-off in store for the rabid masses investigating his little marketing mystery or he's going to create a whole bunch of "enemies" with little to do other than bash him on messageboards all day.

I'm still hoping for a Cthulhu/Dagon-ish movie at the end of all this. If it turns out to be Blair Witch Vs Godzilla I'll be less than impressed.

whatever it is, it'll NEVER live up to the hype.  I think people are expecting a big name monster.  if its something totally unrelated and new that we never even get to see that much (like blair witch) then yeah, the internets will be alive with angry dorks with nothing but spare time and a high speed connection to make their angry youtube rants!!  hihi

RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2007, 06:39:32 AM »

It's the release date for Chinese Democracy and Axl is tearing shit up in NYC to celebrate...I mean c'mon it's been 15 years!!!  hihi

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: