Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:01:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy listed at Amazon, HMV, Play.com etc.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy listed at Amazon, HMV, Play.com etc.  (Read 43756 times)
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #220 on: April 06, 2007, 07:52:37 AM »

Tool's last album sold something like 550,000 copies in it's first week, and was essentially #1 in every country.

To me, if Chinese Democracy can get numbers like that right out of the gates, then it will most definately be dubbed a success by the general public.

yeah that was a year ago i think. and no CD will not sell like that the first week.

Dude are you smoking crack? CD will sell way more copies its first week. May I remind you that the greatest hit album that had absolutely no promotion has sold like 4 million copies and debuted at like number 3 in 2004......Dude CD will definitely debut at number one and might sell like 7-8 hundred thousand copies its first week.....

Do you realize that the majority of the WORLD doesnt even know who is in guns n roses right now. Just because the hard core fans who post on the internet care mainstream rock fans dont. not yet anyway

so who bought the Greatest Hits? us?

you just proved my point. GREATEST HITS! AFD and UYI. The orignal GNR. How many people bought the greatest hits just for SCOM and Jungle? Do you honestly think that CD will sell that way when it first comes out?
elmir
VIP

« Reply #221 on: April 06, 2007, 08:12:09 AM »

Do you honestly think that CD will sell that way when it first comes out?

yup....it will have no problems with sales.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #222 on: April 06, 2007, 09:42:11 AM »

700,000 1st week? wow that would be something special. Some of the hottest acts out today cant sell like that. That would be great
elmir
VIP

« Reply #223 on: April 06, 2007, 09:59:29 AM »

700,000 1st week? wow that would be something special. Some of the hottest acts out today cant sell like that. That would be great

my prediction is that CD will have a similar rise to fame as AFD....in the beginning it may be looked at as the odd one out....and then suddenly it will explode....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #224 on: April 06, 2007, 10:08:35 AM »

why not? tesla's last album sold 300 000 in its first week

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #225 on: April 06, 2007, 10:13:15 AM »

Tool's last album sold something like 550,000 copies in it's first week, and was essentially #1 in every country.

To me, if Chinese Democracy can get numbers like that right out of the gates, then it will most definately be dubbed a success by the general public.

yeah that was a year ago i think. and no CD will not sell like that the first week.

Dude are you smoking crack? CD will sell way more copies its first week. May I remind you that the greatest hit album that had absolutely no promotion has sold like 4 million copies and debuted at like number 3 in 2004......Dude CD will definitely debut at number one and might sell like 7-8 hundred thousand copies its first week.....

Do you realize that the majority of the WORLD doesnt even know who is in guns n roses right now. Just because the hard core fans who post on the internet care mainstream rock fans dont. not yet anyway

so who bought the Greatest Hits? us?

you just proved my point. GREATEST HITS! AFD and UYI. The orignal GNR. How many people bought the greatest hits just for SCOM and Jungle? Do you honestly think that CD will sell that way when it first comes out?

uh.. when the greatest hits came out, i recall reading a lot of buzz on the web about how "true fans" weren't gonna buy greatest hits cuz they already have all the albums. I never bought the greatest hits either. In fact, i do distinctively remember a lot of hardcore fans detesting the greatest hits album and refusing to buy it. So the greatest hits' success can be credited to the casual fans and the general public who wanted to sample some gnr material.

now whether CD will sell alot or not is a complete different question imo. We all know that us fans that post here are gonna go out and buy a copy the day it comes out. no question about that. But i have a feeling that most of the general population will look at all the wait and controversy and the general ill feelings towards axl rose orchestrated by the mainstream media and they'll think twice about dishing out their money for CD. I think most people will do what they do now regarding new bands. They'll download a few songs and if they like it, they might buy the album, and if not, they'll just put the songs they like on their ipods.

so sales could really go either way. we'll never know until it happens. i personally couldn't care less about commercial success. its all about the music. and that's how it should be.

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
tp4ever84
Headliner

GNR For Fucking Ever

« Reply #226 on: April 06, 2007, 11:41:11 AM »

I really don't care what you guys think about it but its just a fact, they are the biggest selling band right now.  I love GNR a million times more.  Hybrid Theory has sold 24 million copies and is the biggest selling cd of the 21st century so far, Reanimation sold 860,000 copies its first week, Meteora sold 810,000 copies in its first week and 11 million all together, Live cd and Linkin park/Jay-Z mashup both were #1 their first week.  So it would be pretty damn tuff to beat them out the week their new cd comes out and probably the next few weeks afterwards. 

Guns N' Roses for fucking ever!
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #227 on: April 06, 2007, 12:07:37 PM »

I really don't care what you guys think about it but its just a fact, they are the biggest selling band right now.  I love GNR a million times more.  Hybrid Theory has sold 24 million copies and is the biggest selling cd of the 21st century so far, Reanimation sold 860,000 copies its first week, Meteora sold 810,000 copies in its first week and 11 million all together, Live cd and Linkin park/Jay-Z mashup both were #1 their first week.  So it would be pretty damn tuff to beat them out the week their new cd comes out and probably the next few weeks afterwards. 

i'm as much a gnr fan as the next person but how can you say for a "fact" that gnr's the best selling band right now when there's no new album to sell? until that comes out and sells a bijillion copies its first week, its all speculation.. not fact  Smiley

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Brendan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #228 on: April 06, 2007, 12:27:28 PM »

I really don't care what you guys think about it but its just a fact, they are the biggest selling band right now.? I love GNR a million times more.? Hybrid Theory has sold 24 million copies and is the biggest selling cd of the 21st century so far, Reanimation sold 860,000 copies its first week, Meteora sold 810,000 copies in its first week and 11 million all together, Live cd and Linkin park/Jay-Z mashup both were #1 their first week.? So it would be pretty damn tuff to beat them out the week their new cd comes out and probably the next few weeks afterwards.?

i'm as much a gnr fan as the next person but how can you say for a "fact" that gnr's the best selling band right now when there's no new album to sell? until that comes out and sells a bijillion copies its first week, its all speculation.. not fact? Smiley

I think he was referring to Linkin' Park there ;-)
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #229 on: April 06, 2007, 04:32:35 PM »

I really don't care what you guys think about it but its just a fact, they are the biggest selling band right now.? I love GNR a million times more.? Hybrid Theory has sold 24 million copies and is the biggest selling cd of the 21st century so far, Reanimation sold 860,000 copies its first week, Meteora sold 810,000 copies in its first week and 11 million all together, Live cd and Linkin park/Jay-Z mashup both were #1 their first week.? So it would be pretty damn tuff to beat them out the week their new cd comes out and probably the next few weeks afterwards.?

i think linkin park has sold something like 17 million copies in the US total album sales. And limp bizkit was right there also. So lets not get to high on the linkin park rollercoaster. GNR has sold 40 million US maybe. I would love to see CD go up linkin park's new album. But then agian if an american idol contestant cd comes out that week they will both lose.  Tongue
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #230 on: April 06, 2007, 04:48:05 PM »

Linkin Park don't have the fan base they had 2001-2004... The mighty bizkit is a laughing stock and Fred Durst is hated as much as Axl Rose.. Great Promotion , Great single, CD could get 750,000 its first week... but you don't want it to drop to 150,000 in its second week? and drop it's third and so on... Chocolate Starfish sold 1,050,000 it's first week and had a 82% loss it's second week and only sold 5 million copies..which is great but it sold 1/5 it's total in 1 week.. because it was super hyped.? i hope GnR don't do that

« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 04:50:59 PM by I.K.N.K.N » Logged

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
monkey in a boat
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #231 on: July 23, 2007, 11:58:32 AM »

It'll probably come & go like all the rest of them thus far, but I thought some of you folks might like to know anyway.

I just came across this link with 17th September as a slated release.

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/1125209/Chinese-Democracy/Product.html

Like I say, not holding my breath, and there's been no official announcement, but thought I'd pass on the news...
Misya Rose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #232 on: July 23, 2007, 12:03:28 PM »

OMG!!!

GNR Milan, Gods Of Metal 4th June '06
VR Milan, Gods Of Metal 2nd June '07
AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #233 on: July 23, 2007, 01:35:40 PM »

honestly if todays news said CD would be out tomorrow they would easily push at least 700,000 in the first week. Theres so much hype around the record its legendary. The fact is just because somebody says "im not gonna buy it because it took so long" is bullshit. When it arrives it will sell/

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #234 on: July 23, 2007, 01:47:55 PM »

It'll probably come & go like all the rest of them thus far, but I thought some of you folks might like to know anyway.

I just came across this link with 17th September as a slated release.

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/1125209/Chinese-Democracy/Product.html

Like I say, not holding my breath, and there's been no official announcement, but thought I'd pass on the news...

This i actually believe..........16 years later to the day.............. Use Your Illusion - Original Release Date: September 17, 1991
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #235 on: July 23, 2007, 02:03:44 PM »

I wish,.but no way.  Not enough time to promote..
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #236 on: July 23, 2007, 02:12:51 PM »

I wish,.but no way.? Not enough time to promote..

there's bands that don't promote their album properly....  hihi

but also GNR promotes themselves pretty good with the name Guns N' Roses and the frontman of the band.. but yeah i think there's couple of more months before we have the record in our hands
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #237 on: July 23, 2007, 02:18:23 PM »

I wish,.but no way.? Not enough time to promote..

there's bands that don't promote their album properly....? hihi

but also GNR promotes themselves pretty good with the name Guns N' Roses and the frontman of the band.. but yeah i think there's couple of more months before we have the record in our hands

9/17 would be a couple months...  I think word will come soon.  The tour's last show was only 2 days ago - I think almost all of us believed we wouldn't hear anything till after the tour.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #238 on: July 23, 2007, 02:27:21 PM »

Whenever it comes out , it will sell big. I know a lot of people that are just average fans of the band that are constantly asking me about whether it's ready or not.  I've browsed some of the other band's message boards and have seen threads on GNR, and people have an interest in this record.
The overseas sales will be ridiculous, the lunatics on these boards will all buy it.

Good single, good promotion will only add to the enourmous amount this thing is going to sell

Just an opinion
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #239 on: July 23, 2007, 06:13:47 PM »

my vote is either then or november 28th

and i've heard both of those dates from a friend of a friend of a friend of another friend who then replied said info

long story. Hope its true

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: