Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:42:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Life....Theory Of Evolution...Our Existence
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Life....Theory Of Evolution...Our Existence  (Read 14866 times)
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« on: July 26, 2007, 07:35:48 PM »

I find life and the whole how we got here theories fascinating because I don't think we will ever know exactly what this was all about. to think that 65 million years ago dinosaurs walked the face of the earth still blows my mind and the sheer size of them is just amazing. Earth has been through numerous ice ages and the first hint of human life dates back only 10,000 years. I find it hard to believe I am an ancient descendant of monkey life though
When I was younger my parents introduced me into religion, they were raised baptist and catholic respectively but I could never buy into it or put all my devotion into living that kind of lifestyle.. I can't really rap my head around religion of any kind and I'm not knocking anyones beliefs actualy I'm happy you atleast have something you believe in but it just doesn't do it for me. I'm 26 and I'm searching for the meaning of life.. hihi just kinda curious if anyone has seen it or can give me a clue on how to go about finding it hihi

beer

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 07:54:37 PM »

i'm with you. I'm not a damn dirty ape, however, i am christian. Smiley

you don't have to live a certain life style to believe in God. Hell i'm a bad example of some one good. I swear and curse and i can be a down right asshole somtimes. But if you believe then you are forgivin. Thats why Jesus died on the cross cause he knows i'm not perfect and that you're not perfect so he just thought he'd die for us.

If that makes sence to you all good if not well then ask a paster or a father. Because it goes into alot more detail.

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 08:33:24 PM »

I dont think humans are suposed to know...

I think we're just a stage in the evolution, and that whatever we evolve into in a few million years might understand.
we're just amoebas in the history of universe.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 08:35:12 PM »

IKNKN, it's actually much further back than 10,000 years for humans, just sayin'.

Evolution is real on the micro and macro levels.  Don't let anyone tell you that it is incompatible with belief in God or Gods for that matter.  There are many ignorant and sometimes downright stupid people who will try and tell you otherwise.

Beware of those who tell you they have all the answers...without evidence.  That is the difference between science and religion.  One is always open to revision based on evidence.  That would be the former.  The latter is unchangeable, extremely subjective on many different levels, and inherently divisive.  There have been tens of thousands of different faiths conjured up throughout mankind's history...each believing itself to be the one true faith.  There is one scientific method.  One.   Wink

peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 10:31:09 PM »

There is no grand scheme meaning to life.  its what you make of it.  Theres a great line from fight club about how were all from the same compost heap or something like that.

I think life should be lived that when you're 90 years old you can look back on what you've done/accomplished and be happy.  thats a good life.

there certainly is no "way" to live your life.  do as you please yourself.  if you're searching for a meaning or a reason for life chances are you just haven't found yourself yet.  don't look to books (or a GNR message board, hehe) for the answers to life, look to yourself.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 11:08:35 PM »

There is no grand scheme meaning to life.? its what you make of it.? Theres a great line from fight club about how were all from the same compost heap or something like that.

I think life should be lived that when you're 90 years old you can look back on what you've done/accomplished and be happy.? thats a good life.

there certainly is no "way" to live your life.? do as you please yourself.? if you're searching for a meaning or a reason for life chances are you just haven't found yourself yet.? don't look to books (or a GNR message board, hehe) for the answers to life, look to yourself.

very inspiring  ok

couldnt have said it better myself

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
SLCPUNK
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 11:13:29 PM »

It's all about the flying spaghetti monster man.......
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 08:54:25 AM »

There is no grand scheme meaning to life.? its what you make of it.? Theres a great line from fight club about how were all from the same compost heap or something like that.

I think life should be lived that when you're 90 years old you can look back on what you've done/accomplished and be happy.? thats a good life.

there certainly is no "way" to live your life.? do as you please yourself.? if you're searching for a meaning or a reason for life chances are you just haven't found yourself yet.? don't look to books (or a GNR message board, hehe) for the answers to life, look to yourself.

The last part of what I said was half jokingly...I'm not looking for the meaning of life here at htgth.. morre I guess asking the differences between science and religion..as i have gone 26 years just living my life and not really believing in any religion and question the scientific method of evolution.. not all of evolution just human beings.. to me there is no real answer and all of the theories seem flawed and the flaws are blantantly obvious
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 08:58:49 AM by I.K.N.K.N » Logged

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 09:09:31 AM »

One must go out there and experience life.....to really discover what makes a human being truly a human being......... I think if you cut us, we all bleed.........

And if religion doesn't do it for you......take inspiration from social reformers such as Martin Luther King, Ghandi, Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela.......Kenndey for some..........John Lennon for others........

(Got that off a cereal box)!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 11:51:23 AM »

humans did not evolve from monkeys. humans and monkeys evolved from the same creature.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 11:53:46 AM »

Yes, somedays I rather spend time with the animals....

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2007, 01:36:55 PM »

humans did not evolve from monkeys. humans and monkeys evolved from the same creature.

I wish my science teacher looked like 2nafish's avatar!  That's classic!  Yes, 2nafish is correct. Thanks 2na.
BTW, IKNKN, if you are left scratching your head at the holes evolution has, that's normal.
The fossil record gets bigger every year, the genomes are revealing themselves everyday, the advanced dating methods that are being honed just further bolster what's been laid down before them.  If you are listening to pseudo-scientists on the religious side of the debate, you better be religious because God help ya, you're in trouble.  Pseudo-science permeates the debate.  If I hear another pseudo-scientist try to explain away the homo habili, australopithecus or neanderthals as "retarded humans" I'll probably scream.  Nah, no I won't, I'll just laugh.

I would suggest you hop on over to the closest university you can find (that isn't funded by televangelist rip-off artists) and I want you to audit a class on evolution or heck, even anthropology, wait, even astronomy, or yeah, geology, genetics, anatomy...the list goes on and on.  The changes that take place over tens of thousands of years (or in the case of the Universe, billions) are very difficult to conceptualize. 

People ask me (since I'm not a church-goer), "Do you believe in miracles?"  I say yes I do.  Everything around us is a miracle.  Do I believe a magical hand of a God is controlling things around me or even me?  Heck no and I think it's irresponsible to live like that. 

Do I have my own beliefs about an after-life?  Yes I do.  I don't believe in heaven or hell.  I'd like to think it involves absolute knowledge.  Beyond that, when it comes to convincing other people they should believe what I believe, I think that's bullshit.  Be a good person, help others and help others to help themselves.  Be kind, be courteous, laugh, have the ability to be self-deprecating, and never lose the desire to learn.  The more you know about everything the more you get out of life.  Be 100% honest with yourself and as honest as you can with others.....oh yeah, and one more thing, blast some Guns N Fuckin' Roses on those speakers and have a great time doing it!   yes

Yes, yes, now I must ask, what are the supposed "flaws" in evolution you're referring to "when it comes to humans but not the rest of the animal kingdom" etc. 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 01:44:25 PM »

How come the souls of animals are always pure?

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2007, 02:57:41 PM »

Pick up a couple books by Zechariah Sitchin.  Interesting stuff that could shed some light on things.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2007, 03:10:57 PM »

It's all about the flying spaghetti monster man.......
I'm with you Captain! Grin

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007, 03:55:25 PM »

to think that 65 million years ago dinosaurs walked the face of the earth still blows my mind and the sheer size of them is just amazing.

Their descendants are still around today i.e: birds. Not all of the "dinosaurs" were large.

Earth has been through numerous ice ages

There is evidence to support 4 glaciations; During the Pre-Cambrian(2bybp) , The late Ordovicion(435mybp), the Permian(250mybp), and of course the Pliestocene(1mybp)-really four cycles; the last of which probably ended 10,000years ago.

first hint of human life dates back only 10,000 years.

Depending on what one calls "human life", Man(Homo habilis) evolved 2.5mybp, whereas, Homo sapiens evolved about 1mybp.

I find it hard to believe I am an ancient descendant of monkey life though

You are not, that is obsfucation thrown in by religious assholes to confuse those who are ignorant about evolution.

and I'm not knocking anyones beliefs

I will, one has to be delusional to believe in a "magic man" in the sky who grants wishes.

SEE How do we know that christans are delusional

Oh, I almost left out, just as there are therories to explain a heliocentric solar system or gravity, there are theories to explain how evolution works, but evolution is a fact that is undesputable.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 04:04:32 PM by fuckin crazy » Logged

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
SLCPUNK
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2007, 04:42:24 PM »

Gawd is real, how else would you explain bananas?
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2007, 07:09:01 PM »

This is one way.Smiley

BTW, I loved the "Shoot The Dog" video. Funny stuff.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 09:00:34 PM by fuckin crazy » Logged

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2007, 08:33:57 PM »

I wish my science teacher looked like 2nafish's avatar! That's classic!

This is the creature, or so the catholic church would have you believe, that comes to get you if you masturbate. or give out condoms in africa.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2007, 07:02:29 AM »

I thought that was human spawn that popped out the vag. if a woman has pre-marital sex.   hihi

or, is it what happens to the physical form of humans that are sent to hell because they weren't Christians?  All those poor, poor souls who lived before Christ and the ones after Christ who were born in areas not frequented by missionaries.  They all look like 2nafish's avatar!   rofl

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: