Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:45:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Life....Theory Of Evolution...Our Existence
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Life....Theory Of Evolution...Our Existence  (Read 14863 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2007, 07:17:28 AM »

I dont think humans are suposed to know...

I think we're just a stage in the evolution, and that whatever we evolve into in a few million years might understand.
we're just amoebas in the history of universe.
totaaly agree
but for me there are only two theories of our excisting:

-god really made everything (god excist)

-nature made everything  (god don't excist)

Does that come straight from George W Bush University?  Ya gotta love black and white, right or wrong, good or evil with no in-between outlooks.  Disprove the possibility God or Gods set the Universe in motion 12 to 15 billion years ago.  Anything's possible.  Believe whatever you want, just don't force it on anyone else.  Don't let your personal beliefs in unprovable entities cripple scientific progress (i.e. stem cell research).  If you oppose federally funded stem cell research because you oppose the idea of the federal government spending money in an area where private companies may be more efficient, that's one thing...but this current baboon in the White House has taken his own "right and wrong" approach and has set us behind.

The very same hateful religious zealots who today march in protest against embryonic stem cell research should all be signing legal papers so that in the future when cures for terrible diseases are discovered, they will not be allowed to save themselves using the treatments.  (but you know they will...fucking hypocrites)

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2007, 07:19:07 AM »

fair enough, but for someone who says "First, I must profess ignorance in matters philosophical, but why does there has to be a reason?" - Simply saying every effect must have a cause is more than enough of an answer.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2007, 07:24:35 AM »

fair enough, but for someone who says "First, I must profess ignorance in matters philosophical, but why does there has to be a reason?" - Simply saying every effect must have a cause is more than enough of an answer.

And that should raise more questions, if you want to make it a philosopical discussion.

Cause and Effect:

You strike a match so then it lights. All the science associated with a match and flint are working at exactly the same time.

But then what is the human effect upon that action? Say if the science doesn't always come into play? For the match to be lit the rules of science should be there all time. Sometimes they are not. Have you experience times when the match has lit when you haven't expected it to?

Does it depend upon the way you hold the match.......the angle. Maths is 3D after all - you should have learnt that from The Simpsons.

Say if someone is having a 'full on' time happening in thier life. Imagine a heated scene in a room laden with energy. Someone is trying to light a match to get the 10th cigarette lit. Caught up in the heat of the moment it takes 3 attempts for a match to ignite. Two types of energy would have gone into lighting that match.

Since energy is never lost it is always changed into another form - heat energy or motion energy - does the human energy in the room have any affect upon the lit match.

Also, TIME is an entity unto itself and has a funny way of adding to the physics of any situation.....

***(and then Aristotle and co would discuss it for days upon end............ = philosophy)***

« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 08:18:32 AM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
difleha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2007, 08:09:44 AM »

First of all, you guys think that your religion is better than the rest of us. You're putting us(Christians mainly) down. That's a bad attitude, you know. Second, the reason why I have run-on sentences is because I have a severe hearing loss, dumbass. I have to work harder in life than you do, see? That means you, Axl4prez. You have to watch out what you're saying. You've threatened my belief and my disability.

The reason why mass-murder, serial rapist, bad people...can still be a Christian is because while they can still be a Christian, it is harder to have strong faith in that. You'll start to doubt because you've done those bad things, and you'll think that you won't go to heaven no matter what Jesus said about repenting.

If you guys keep on doubting and reasoning, it will be harder for you guys to believe in God's existence that way.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2007, 08:16:48 AM »

If you guys keep on doubting and reasoning....

my goodness, imagine employing doubt and reason to come to a logical conclusion. wouldnt it just be easier to live in a submissive state accepting whatever clap-trap is fed to us?
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2007, 08:35:15 AM »

The reason why mass-murder, serial rapist, bad people...can still be a Christian is because while they can still be a Christian, it is harder to have strong faith in that. You'll start to doubt because you've done those bad things, and you'll think that you won't go to heaven no matter what Jesus said about repenting.

I guess some people do need to understand their lives and actions on that sort of level. That is certainly setting youself some very high standards to maintain and live up to. All people need some motivating force.

As long as that god is also a god of forvieness.........because some people (science) can argue about self-esteem issues in these kind of instances.

According to some book, we are all born in the image of god. To rub the point in, Jesus lived on Earth as a human being (one of us) - means that we are all capable of being truly awsome human beings!

« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 08:37:39 AM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2007, 09:13:32 AM »

And the next question is.............

Well, what was it about jesus that made him so awesome? What makes any human being awesome?

Is it actions, words, actions + words, genes, environment?

What blew my mind was Live Aid in 85. The telephone and studio pledges in between acts were really full on and emtional. Everyone one just realized that they were some real human problems in the world that needed to be solved.

Some music happened - live satellite link between 3 arenas - London. Phillidelphia, Seattle? - the other person to do a live satellite thing like that was Elvis!

And then Geldof did "I Don't Like Mondays!"........

And then some music happened. Funny how there are strong links between maths and music...........

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2007, 10:04:57 AM »

And the even funnier thing about it is that Geldof of all people happens to be the unifying human link in all of it.........

Cos there certainly must be leprechauns running amok in Ireland......(the random element).........

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2007, 12:12:27 PM »

First of all, you guys think that your religion is better than the rest of us. You're putting us(Christians mainly) down. That's a bad attitude, you know. Second, the reason why I have run-on sentences is because I have a severe hearing loss, dumbass. I have to work harder in life than you do, see? That means you, Axl4prez. You have to watch out what you're saying. You've threatened my belief and my disability.

If you guys keep on doubting and reasoning, it will be harder for you guys to believe in God's existence that way.

Difleha, how the hell was I supposed to know you have severe hearing loss? 
An even better question is how the heck that causes you to compose run-on sentences!?!?  I was making fun of myself dumb-ass (dumb-ass meant in a nice way).

This following sentence hurt my head:  "The reason why mass-murder, serial rapist, bad people...can still be a Christian is because while they can still be a Christian, it is harder to have strong faith in that. You'll start to doubt because you've done those bad things, and you'll think that you won't go to heaven no matter what Jesus said about repenting.

If there is a heaven, something tells me mass murderers, rapists, child molesters, embezzlers, etc. won't be part of the fun no matter how much they "believe" in any particular religion.

Stop the madness!!!!!  People can be perfectly good people while believing or not believing in any particular religion.  When it comes to evolution, you can be a good person and not understand evolution...you'll just be mis-informed.  Sad 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2007, 12:46:25 PM »

Calling someone a dumb-ass isn't very Christian of you.....

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2007, 01:38:12 PM »

^ Exactly. Wink

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2007, 02:24:14 PM »

That was my quote, I should have left the "philosophical" part out. What I meant was, there can be an explanation; there does not have to be a reason. Reason implies there was a conscious decision made in the formation of the Universe.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
SLCPUNK
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2007, 02:35:51 PM »

Second, the reason why I have run-on sentences is because I have a severe hearing loss, dumbass. I have to work harder in life than you do, see? That means you, Axl4prez. You have to watch out what you're saying. You've threatened my belief and my disability.

How does hearing loss equal run on sentence ?

I see. Once reason is off the table, I can come to understand your version of Gawd?
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2007, 10:28:58 PM »

Ok, how is this for spooky...........

You know how I was going on about Geldof and and Live Aid last night...........well, syncronicity has just reared its ugly head. Woke up and just caught an interview with Geldof on Parkinson!!!!!

He too was talking about Live Aid saying that when he walked out on stage with the Rats he felt such a connectedness - could have been to do with the electrical loop they had running around the world...... Grin

He said he had a moment of calmness (without sounding too hippy) and hasn't been calm ever since!

The leprechauns are most certainly at play!? nervous

Re:God

Some people experience stuff in life where they are almost forced to consider the possibility God on a rational level.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 10:31:13 PM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2007, 12:53:59 AM »

Some people experience stuff in life where they are almost forced to consider the possibility God on a rational level.

Coffee and chocolate do it for me.

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2007, 12:58:53 AM »

Huh ... what ... I can't hear you.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
SLCPUNK
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2007, 02:15:50 AM »

Huh ... what ... I can't hear you.

Shocked

You are going to hell for that!

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2007, 02:18:04 AM »

My friend, I look forward to beer volcanoes and stripper factories.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2007, 02:20:53 AM »

hahahaha, well that sounds like heaven to me.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2007, 02:29:26 AM »

If only there is a bourbon lake at the base of that volcano, I have emailed Prophet Bobby about that.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: