Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 07:51:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is the old GNR lineup on the new RS cover?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is the old GNR lineup on the new RS cover?  (Read 65718 times)
sukeberon
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2007, 12:41:09 PM »

wtf! not that 1 either  hihi

I was close... Same photo shoot...
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2007, 12:49:21 PM »

Very cool.

Maybe some Release News?...ah fuck I doubt it.

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2007, 12:49:31 PM »

we suck on this one  Embarrassed
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2007, 12:53:42 PM »

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2007, 12:55:49 PM »

I wonder if the article will be just a retrospective or if they got any of the guys to give some quotes or contribute to the article at all. It is safe to assume Axl didn't, but I wonder if the other 4 might have talked about the album at all. Has anyone gotten a chance to read it who has the magazine already?
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2007, 01:05:39 PM »

This actually could be a good thing - promotion wise for Axl
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2007, 01:10:39 PM »

another pic from the same photoshoot? Grin
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2007, 01:10:48 PM »

How does this do anything positive for Axl and the direction he is heading? Flashing pictures of the old band on the cover and calling them Guns N' Roses undermines and hurts him, and is in no way helpful.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2007, 01:22:46 PM »

How does this do anything positive for Axl and the direction he is heading? Flashing pictures of the old band on the cover and calling them Guns N' Roses undermines and hurts him, and is in no way helpful.

It says Guns N' Roses on the cover and his picture is on it.  How is that hurtful in any way?

Ali
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2007, 01:34:06 PM »

It says Guns N' Roses on the cover and his picture is on it.  How is that hurtful in any way?

Ali

It's harmful because that's not Guns N' Roses anymore.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Ali
Legend

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2007, 01:36:45 PM »

It says Guns N' Roses on the cover and his picture is on it.? How is that hurtful in any way?

Ali

It's harmful because that's not Guns N' Roses anymore.

I don't agree.  I think people will see the cover and be "Appetite was great.  What about that new album?"

Ali
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2007, 01:40:11 PM »

Although, I love the photo and I think they look really beautiful. That cover don?t make me happy I would prefer to see a new photo of Axl or the current lineup of GNR.
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2007, 01:42:52 PM »

I sense the emergence of the ol' "old vs. new" argumentent erupting here anytime soon.  Why don't we just take it for what it's worth: a celebration of the 20th Anniversary of one of the greatest rock records of all time!  Nuff Said!

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2007, 01:44:09 PM »

I should re-phrase - ?If Axl is going to use the next couple of months to actually promote the release of Chinese Democracy - then having this picture on the cover of the most famous Rock & Roll magazine a month or two BEFORE the actual promotion, could be a good thing - yes

** And I don't care what's on the cover, who's being interviewed, - I will bet you my bank account that there is a mention of Chinese Democracy within this article - good or bad - it will be there
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2007, 01:45:10 PM »

I don't agree. ?I think people will see the cover and be "Appetite was great. ?What about that new album?"

It creates confusion as Jarmo has said. He saw GNR last week in Japan, and it was not the line-up that is on that cover. Covers like that only serve to stoke nostalgia in people and remind them that GNR now is not the line-up that recorded the greatest album in rock history. It makes Axl's job to sell the new line-up that much harder when a major publication keeps throwing stuff like this in his face.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2007, 01:50:04 PM »

I don't agree. ?I think people will see the cover and be "Appetite was great. ?What about that new album?"

It creates confusion as Jarmo has said. He saw GNR last week in Japan, and it was not the line-up that is on that cover. Covers like that only serve to stoke nostalgia in people and remind them that GNR now is not the line-up that recorded the greatest album in rock history. It makes Axl's job to sell the new line-up that much harder when a major publication keeps throwing stuff like this in his face.

I don't think it creates any confusion unless you have been living under a rock.  Everyone who follows rock in the least knows that lineup isn't together anymore.  I think Axl may be able to get on the cover again, but not until the album is set for release or has been already released.

Ali
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2007, 01:52:00 PM »

Whew, I'm glad this turned out to be something.  Now I don't feel like a schmuck for starting a thread about it.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2007, 01:53:36 PM »

I don't agree.  I think people will see the cover and be "Appetite was great.  What about that new album?"

You're the one creating confusion.

The cover is celebrating 20 years since the release of Appetite For Destruction.

Guns N' Roses played a bunch of those songs at the shows I saw in Japan, and the fans fucking loved the shows.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2007, 01:53:45 PM »

This is the double edged sword of keeping the GnR name.  This news article doesn't change anything
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2007, 01:55:55 PM »

Anyone else notice how fuckin' cool Izzy looks in that pic beer

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: