Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:19:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Rock In Rio 4 Cancelation/Buckethead departure
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock In Rio 4 Cancelation/Buckethead departure  (Read 13058 times)
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« on: August 03, 2007, 04:42:22 AM »

I didn't remember that and I'm sure people still don't know this statement. I didn't know that Buckethead was/is such an asshole trying to promote himself.
anyway... got it from gnrontour.com (I just don't remember this statement, but I read it before).

Axl's statement regarding the cancelation:

The band has been put in an untenable position by guitarist Buckethead and his untimely departure. During his tenure with the band Buckethead has been inconsistent and erratic in both his behavior and commitment - despite being under contract - creating uncertainty and confusion and making it virtually impossible to move forward with recording, rehearsals and live plans with confidence. His transient lifestyle has made it impossible for even his closest friends to have nearly any form of communication with him whatsoever. Last time I talked to Bucket, he called to tell me he had bought a bootleg DVD off EBay and how proud he was to be in Guns and how impressed he was with everyone's performance. Then, in February we got word from Brain that Bucket had called him and said he was back in Guns!? Apparently, according to Bucket he had been "Gone" but had turned himself around and was really excited to do Rio-Lisbon and a European tour. Somewhere in the following month things changed once again. According to those who have actually spoken with Buckethead it appears his plans were to secure a recording contract with Sanctuary Records which I encouraged my management to make available to him, quit GN'R and to use his involvement in the upcoming Guns release to immediately promote his individual efforts...Nice guy!

There is not a member of this camp that is not hurt, upset and ultimately disappointed by this event, and more to the point - if not this individual, certainly this individual's choices. Regardless of anyone's opinions of me and what I may or may not deserve, clearly the fans, individuals in this band, management, crew and our support group do not deserve this type of treatment. We as a whole, definitely feel that we afforded Bucket every accommodation perhaps so much so that it may be that we or more precisely, I may have done Guns a disservice and unintentionally allowed Guns to be put in this position.

On behalf of Guns N' Roses and myself I apologize to the fans who planned to see us at Rock In Rio - Lisbon. The festival and its tradition mean a lot to me personally and I sincerely do not enjoy being robbed by one of our own of the opportunity to be the first artist to play it for the third time. I would also like to express my gratitude to those who chose to embrace Buckethead's role in Guns and support our new line up. We greatly appreciate Bucket's contributions and remain open to "discussions" as there are obviously several issues to resolve. In the meantime rather than dwelling on the negative, Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months.

Sincerely,

W. Axl Rose

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 04:44:39 AM »

thats axl's view (as written by merck). believe what you want from it.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 04:49:24 AM »

Some guy posted that on another board as well. He said that someone told him exactly that - some kind of "insider", if I'm not wrong, told him that buckethead only wanted to promote himself.
Axl said he spoke with people that actually had spoken with Buckethead. I can't see any reason to not believe in this. But then, I might be wrong.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 04:59:56 AM »

Some guy posted that on another board as well. He said that someone told him exactly that - some kind of "insider", if I'm not wrong, told him that buckethead only wanted to promote himself.
Axl said he spoke with people that actually had spoken with Buckethead. I can't see any reason to not believe in this. But then, I might be wrong.

That was always the vibe/impression that I got from the washup of the whole situation - that he simply used GN'R to further his own personal career.? I have mixed emotions about it.? On the one hand I think that the guy is an extremely talented guitarist, on the other, the whole image of him personally I don't think fitted with GN'R.

The aloofness and appearance of him I think may have helped to ostracise people from accepting the new line up somewhat during his time with the band.
suicide
VIP

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 05:04:17 AM »

There are always (at least) two sides to every story. This is only Axl's side.

I believe the RIR 4 show could still have taken place if the band had done any effort in finding a replacement for Buckethead.

And do you think Thal, Fortus, Brain, Stinson, ... sell less albums now then before their involvement in GN'R? Nah, everyone benefits! I'm sure that's not the only reason these guys (including Buckethead) became members of the band. Also remember Buckethead came from a totally different scene and his fans weren't all that excited for him and Brain to join GN'R.

I guess Buckethead made the right decision when he quit GN'R since, after all these years, there still isn't an album. That's not his fault. Also read the last lines of Axl's statement: "... this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months."

Buckethead has released some great solo stuff over the last years. Better than waiting for CD to come out!
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 05:06:05 AM »

some guy said that what axl said was right.
Hypird
Headliner

Hanoi Rocks

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 05:06:18 AM »

GNR also tried to get Bucket back 2006

"Just because I don?t sleep
Doesn?t mean that I?ve stopped dreaming"
suicide
VIP

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 05:43:35 AM »

Also think about this: why did Buckethead leave GN'R when he did? If he was only in it to promote himself why didn't he wait for the album to come out?

Now only the people who are really into GN'R (like us) know about him, not the general public. And why would the GN'R fans continue to buy his albums when they felt cheated because he was only in GN'R to "secure a recording contract with Sanctuary Records" and "to use his involvement in the upcoming Guns release to immediately promote his individual efforts"?

If he had waited for this new band to become popular he'd sell way more albums! If you talk about Slash or Axl, people probably know who they are. Talk about Buckethead, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal or Richard Fortus and you won't get the same reaction.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 05:45:01 AM »

Also think about this: why did Buckethead leave GN'R when he did? If he was only in it to promote himself why didn't he wait for the album to come out?

Now only the people who are really into GN'R (like us) know about him, not the general public. And why would the GN'R fans continue to buy his albums when they felt cheated because he was only in GN'R to "secure a recording contract with Sanctuary Records" and "to use his involvement in the upcoming Guns release to immediately promote his individual efforts"?

If he had waited for this new band to become popular he'd sell way more albums! If you talk about Slash or Axl, people probably know who they are. Talk about Buckethead, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal or Richard Fortus and you won't get the same reaction.

Well one reason i'm sure he left was because of no album.... And probaly sick of axls shit....
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 06:36:29 AM »

"Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months."

yeah right... next few months...
talk about march 6th...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 06:49:20 AM »

I believe the RIR 4 show could still have taken place if the band had done any effort in finding a replacement for Buckethead.
IMHO, they didn't because they wanted to left the door open to Bucket. Once they put a replacement like Ron (after a lot of time of waiting), there's no place nor chance for Bucket anymore.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 06:53:44 AM »

IMHO, they didn't because they wanted to left the door open to Bucket. Once they put a replacement like Ron (after a lot of time of waiting), there's no place nor chance for Bucket anymore.

Yeah but why schedule such a big show, with the status of BH in such limbo?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007, 06:57:04 AM »

Who knows? Maybe it wasn't like that when they agreed to play. Maybe was a naive move to take him back to the band...

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2007, 07:16:13 AM »

how does BH's departure give a "surprising" opportunity for recording to move on one extra step?

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 07:18:00 AM »

How are people still drawing negativity from something that happened three years ago?

There's a lot more exciting things going on..
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 07:26:19 AM »

like what? AFD lineup reunion wannabe?!
Axl's shoe size?

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2007, 07:42:13 AM »

Like what?

Are you serious?

If you don't know why, you really shouldn't be here.  Go dwell on the past somewhere else.
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2007, 08:19:04 AM »

Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months.

hihi yeah Axl, a few months have passed since then! But we still love ya Grin

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2007, 08:35:57 AM »

Like what?

Are you serious?

If you don't know why, you really shouldn't be here.  Go dwell on the past somewhere else.

yeah right.
what really are we supposed to talk about?
album being released soon?
Well, I've been talking about the album release since 2000, so sorry I dont share your enthusiasm.

what else is there to talk about? You getting your first period?!

stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2007, 08:38:46 AM »

Why, have you got yours?

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: