Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:03:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Rock In Rio 4 Cancelation/Buckethead departure
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock In Rio 4 Cancelation/Buckethead departure  (Read 13061 times)
CSS
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2007, 05:27:25 PM »

So...

What's your point, exactly?

Buckethead already had a record company deal, so why should he have signed with Sanctuary?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 05:29:01 PM by CSS » Logged
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2007, 09:49:18 AM »

thats axl's view (as written by merck). believe what you want from it.
Some guy posted that on another board as well. He said that someone told him exactly that - some kind of "insider", if I'm not wrong, told him that buckethead only wanted to promote himself.
Axl said he spoke with people that actually had spoken with Buckethead. I can't see any reason to not believe in this. But then, I might be wrong.

That was always the vibe/impression that I got from the washup of the whole situation - that he simply used GN'R to further his own personal career.  I have mixed emotions about it.  On the one hand I think that the guy is an extremely talented guitarist, on the other, the whole image of him personally I don't think fitted with GN'R.

The aloofness and appearance of him I think may have helped to ostracise people from accepting the new line up somewhat during his time with the band.

I feel the same way, while BH was a very talented guitarist, his image and persona really did not fit with GNR.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2007, 06:23:52 PM »

I don't think it matters if Buckethead was only using it to promote himself. He was a contracted musician - by the nature of his job any work he does will help him in his career in general. I don't think there are many who would turn down a role in Guns N' Roses as a great career move. Just because he wanted to promote himself doesn't mean he can't be a star of the album. If he is going to be all over the album, playing on almost every song, he deserves and should be in the band, regardless of his intentions. Its farcical that Axl might release the album where one of the main stars is no longer in the band.

If Buckethead had always planned to leave as soon as he got enough publicity then that would be a different story,although if he believed the album was close to completion as Axl was saying at that time then it would have been strange timing. I guess we'll never know for sure.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 06:34:58 PM by estrangedpaul » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2007, 06:29:13 PM »

Yeah and when Robin quit as Axl stated "The band was able to take the material further than they would've been able to do with Robin.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: