Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:47:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227795 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Fuck Off
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fuck Off  (Read 126527 times)
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #240 on: August 12, 2007, 06:37:28 PM »

You can't really say people saying the Band look bored was bull. The band may have looked bored to that person.

You mean when five other board members are saying how amazing and into it they were?

/jarmo

absolutely, majority isn't always right.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #241 on: August 12, 2007, 06:41:10 PM »

You can't really say people saying the Band look bored was bull. The band may have looked bored to that person.

You mean when five other board members are saying how amazing and into it they were?

/jarmo

I guess for you the one Slash fan who went to the show with an agenda will be right and the GN'R fans who loved every minute are wrong...  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #242 on: August 12, 2007, 06:42:29 PM »

Not saying either is right or wrong . Just you can't call their opinion bull shit.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #243 on: August 12, 2007, 06:43:59 PM »

/jarmo

I guess for you the one Slash fan who went to the show with an agenda will be right and the GN'R fans who loved every minute are wrong... Roll Eyes

/jarmo

nope, but it doesn't hurt to see everyones opinion.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #244 on: August 12, 2007, 07:02:32 PM »

Not saying either is right or wrong . Just you can't call their opinion bull shit.

Stating a lie in order to make the band look bad is fine with you?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #245 on: August 12, 2007, 07:13:59 PM »

/jarmo

How the hell can it be a lie if the person was their and that is what they seen?

Now if the person wasn't their and said that then yeah they are full of it.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #246 on: August 12, 2007, 07:34:51 PM »

/jarmo

How the hell can it be a lie if the person was their and that is what they seen?

* S: (adj) exaggerated, overdone, overstated (represented as greater than is true or reasonable) "an exaggerated opinion of oneself"
    * S: (adj) exaggerated, magnified, enlarged (enlarged to an abnormal degree) "thick lenses exaggerated the size of her eyes"

/jarmo

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #247 on: August 12, 2007, 07:38:18 PM »

/jarmo

* S: (adj) exaggerated, overdone, overstated (represented as greater than is true or reasonable) "an exaggerated opinion of oneself"
    * S: (adj) exaggerated, magnified, enlarged (enlarged to an abnormal degree) "thick lenses exaggerated the size of her eyes"

/jarmo

And that can only happen if said person didn't like the show  or thought that some of the members of the band looked bored?

You could also say that some go the positive side of the field and make something sound better then it was.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #248 on: August 12, 2007, 07:40:14 PM »

Jarmo dont u do the exact same thing to VR and Scott though?

Its almost like u have drawn a line in the sand and its like GNR or bust and if u like VR FUCK OFF.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #249 on: August 12, 2007, 07:51:59 PM »

And that can only happen if said person didn't like the show  or thought that some of the members of the band looked bored?

You could also say that some go the positive side of the field and make something sound better then it was.

Wow. You really don't expect a bunch of GN'R fans to enjoy a show?

Holy shit. I thought it was obvious that a fan site isn't the place where you'll find the "objective" reviews.

Why is that such an issue to some of you?

It's like we're not allowed to say great things about the band.

Is it that old "haha, those losers are such ass kissers! At least I didn't like the show (or would never admit it in public)!" thing?

/jarmo

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #250 on: August 12, 2007, 07:57:35 PM »

Holy shit. I thought it was obvious that a fan site isn't the place where you'll find the "objective" reviews.

Is it that old "haha, those losers are such ass kissers! At least I didn't like the show (or would never admit it in public)!" thing?

/jarmo

Jesus fucking christ.

Yes I would expect a buch of Fan to enjoy the damn show. Just say that hell some might want to but not.

Why is it such an issue if some one doesn't like something about Guns N' Roses? Does That make them any less of a fan?

Was does everthing have to be black and white with you Jman. Their is a whole vast amount of colors out their ,. 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #251 on: August 12, 2007, 08:06:17 PM »

/jarmo

Jesus fucking christ.

Yes I would expect a buch of Fan to enjoy the damn show. Just say that hell some might want to but not.

Why is it such an issue if some one doesn't like something about Guns N' Roses? Does That make them any less of a fan?

Was does everthing have to be black and white with you Jman. Their is a whole vast amount of colors out their ,. 

The things we're discussing are pretty black or white.

Either you tell the truth, or you don't.

Maybe you really didn't understand how the Internet works. One guy posts something which isn't true and then somebody else copies it to another site and there we go.

"I heard Axl...."

Just earlier today I read that Axl had said he'd never perform Don't Cry again. I don't recall that and the poster couldn't provide a source. Yet he believed Axl had said that.

All it takes is one guy.....

/jarmo

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #252 on: August 12, 2007, 08:13:38 PM »

I get what you are saying . But that senerio is quite then one we were talking about. So Yes it's a lot more then being only black and white.

How the hell can you tell a lie based on your own opinion about something such as what you thought of a show.?

Now I no that Next time I see guns in concert if it sucked and I didn't like too not say a damn thing . cause I will just be labeled a liar.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #253 on: August 12, 2007, 08:17:10 PM »

When I watch a boot, I will tell u, there are things I love, things I dont love so much.

Am I being a hater cause I dont particularly like all the guitar solos they use to do? It just seemed the momentum would get stifled cause the show would be kicking ass and the momentum would just drop cause of all the long solos but then again unless its Tommy Lee flying around the arena doing a drum solo, I don't really enjoy solos all that much.

As I was saying, I thought Slash and Duff appeared pretty bored at the VR show I was at even though other VR fans thought they kicked ass the entire night.

We had different opinions, Maybe my expectations were too high, I don't know but it happens.

I for one always found myself bored watching new boots once Axl left the stage.

Im not making up shit, its just how I feel.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #254 on: August 12, 2007, 08:17:28 PM »

You obviously didn't read what I said.

People often say shit to validate their "review". So a guy goes to a show knowing damn well that he won't enjoy it, but instead of admitting his bias, he'll post a review.

And in order to make his opinion more valid, he'll add "half the crowd left before the encores and the band looked bored".

Suddenly his bullshit is making his review seem legit. I mean, no wonder the show sucked right?

Then it turns out none of those things were true....

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #255 on: August 12, 2007, 08:23:31 PM »

People often say shit to validate their "review". So a guy goes to a show knowing damn well that he won't enjoy it, but instead of admitting his bias, he'll post a review.

And in order to make his opinion more valid, he'll add "half the crowd left before the encores and the band looked bored".

Suddenly his bullshit is making his review seem legit. I mean, no wonder the show sucked right?

/jarmo

OH ok, Sorry

Yeah I agree with u on that, I know a bunch of people who hate something without even giving it a chance and that drives me crazy also.

Plus it could be the person watching the show. If they are tired, in a bad mood etc etc, they may not get the full experience. I honestly have a hard time believing a GNR show could be boring. If u are any kind of fan and see Axl in concert and don't enjoy it, U should definitely check your pulse.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #256 on: August 12, 2007, 08:25:10 PM »

/jarmo

So because some may do that  it mean all reviews that have something negarive to say are bull and full of lies?

All I am saying is that not everybody that didn't like parts of these show went their excepting to not like it.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #257 on: August 12, 2007, 09:26:48 PM »

So because some may do that  it mean all reviews that have something negarive to say are bull and full of lies?

All I am saying is that not everybody that didn't like parts of these show went their excepting to not like it.

I was answering the question about why I have issues with some of the so called negative reviews.

They are written by people with agendas.

They spend years here whining about the setlist, buy a concert ticket, whine more and use the "I went to the show, I know what I'm talking about" excuse.

I can't really see how a GN'R fan wouldn't like a GN'R show. You get to see the band you love play the songs you love. How can that be bad?

Last year, some of the whining was because they were "late". So on one night of the year, everything doesn't go according to your schedule. Is it that horrible?

It doesn't matter that you saw the show of the year, you just need to whine about one detail....

I don't understand those fans.

/jarmo

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #258 on: August 12, 2007, 09:34:26 PM »

I agree with you Jarmo.

I don't think a fan would not like a show by the gunners. Saw them last year and it was easily in my top give shows ever.

With that being said. I do think that s sometimes you can be having a bad day and even a kick ass show might not seem as good is it really is. But that is the way you seen said show.

RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #259 on: August 12, 2007, 10:29:29 PM »

And when people say they think VR sucks in every single VR thread, how is that different? And don't give the 'it's a GNR site' excuse, because you don't go into the Bad Obsession area and post in every thread dedicated to a band you don't like.

It's their choice and also some of it has to do with the VR members themselves.

If you can't handle that fact that VR isn't considered a holy band on this site, too bad.

/jarmo

How come you statements are all one sided? It's some peoples choice to like a different line up gnr , and some of it has to do with the new gnr members. If you can't handle the fact that peoples opinions are different then what is wrong with you?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: