Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:10:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Fuck Off
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fuck Off  (Read 125069 times)
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #220 on: August 12, 2007, 04:07:37 PM »

To give another analogy, I think that saying I prefer the UYI-era of GN'R is like saying on an NIN forum that I think The Fragile touring band was their best. Doesn't mean I don't want to see the YZ tour, and it doesn't mean I want NIN to go bankrupt because Robin and Tommy aren't in the band anymore.
let's say that Robin is to N.I.N the equivalent of what Slash used to be for G.N.'R. ?!

But that doesn't work because Robin didn't right or record March of the Pigs or Closer or anything. He wasn't even in the band until its third album came out. He has zero writing credits with NIN where Slash has writing credits in just about every song GN'R is currently playing live.

yep, sure. Aaron North doesn't have any credit as well. Nevertheless it doesn't refrain people from saying that Robin is a better guitarist than him.? And the debate over musical? abilities is the same when it comes to NIN than when it comes to GNR : some people refuse to support the new direction of the band while some others simply accept it and support the band unconditionally.

Yeah but why do you have to support unconditionally? Isn't that insane? You have to think and judge for yourself, it's not right to just say 'This is GN'R, so I like and agree with it.' And that's what unconditional support is. Blind acts with no thought.

If a band goes in a direction I disagree with, or lies to me, can't I say I don't like it without losing credability as a fan? Love it or leave it is a stupid principle. And only a sith deals in absolutes... accept of course in the matter of if there is try hihi

Sorry, got off topic... you guys argue like the pro-war US. I don't have to accept their lies.

You guys always say that the band doesn't owe you anything except the concert, merchandise, and albums you pay for. Well, I don't owe the band anything except the money it costs to buy those things either.

Well if you don't like it here, you can get the fuck out and go to a site that loves living in the past.

Or you can make a Velvet Revolver site and talk about how they are so amazing, and that how Contraband and Libertad are such amazing albums. By, releasing two mediocre albums.

The fact remains, the album (C.D.) will be released when it is released. Just because you release two trashy albums (like in Velvet Revolvers case) does not make you a better band.

So, if you don't like that people here support the new band and want them to succeed, HereTodayGoneToHell.com is not your site.

I am glad Jarmo goes hard on the reunion retards or the constant bitchers that plague this board sometimes like influenza!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 04:15:24 PM by J? » Logged

Fuck All Y'all
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #221 on: August 12, 2007, 04:20:05 PM »

And when people say they think VR sucks in every single VR thread, how is that different? And don't give the 'it's a GNR site' excuse, because you don't go into the Bad Obsession area and post in every thread dedicated to a band you don't like.

It's their choice and also some of it has to do with the VR members themselves.

If you can't handle that fact that VR isn't considered a holy band on this site, too bad.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #222 on: August 12, 2007, 05:15:44 PM »

Funny two people now have accused me of worshipping VR. You don't know my opinon on VR. You could go search my posts for it, but you won't, so I'll just say it: I don't like VR. Contraband was ok imo and had a few good songs. Libertad is an awful album imo. Just because I don't like it, doesn't mean I want the section spammed with hate messages.

It's like when ChineseBlues called me a Scott nutswinger (and didn't get a karma point for it) because I advised him to not listen to VR or read about them if he didn't like them... you people assume too much.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #223 on: August 12, 2007, 05:17:14 PM »

It's like when ChineseBlues called me a Scott nutswinger (and didn't get a karma point for it) because I advised him to not listen to VR or read about them if he didn't like them... you people assume too much.

you had a sig yesterday that was attacking a good portion of this board calling us all nutswingers and you expect people who tell you the same to get karma?  Roll Eyes
Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #224 on: August 12, 2007, 05:20:26 PM »

you had a sig yesterday that was attacking a good portion of this board calling us all nutswingers and you expect people who tell you the same to get karma?? Roll Eyes

I got a karma point for that.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #225 on: August 12, 2007, 05:48:55 PM »

You have attacked pretty much anyone who has ever said even the slightest negative thing about scott, whether you like him or not that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.  ok
Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #226 on: August 12, 2007, 05:51:28 PM »

You have attacked pretty much anyone who has ever said even the slightest negative thing about scott, whether you like him or not that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok

I defend him when people attack him merely by saying 'he's a fag queer and he sucks looks so gay on stage'. Which is more or less what you said. If you had a real criticism, like saying his lyrics were weak or that his vocal range wasn't very wide, I would not only have let it go, I would've agreed with you.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #227 on: August 12, 2007, 05:56:14 PM »

I'm gonna make an honest heartfelt post

If it pisses off people I respect like Jarmo and some of the other mods, I feel bad cause I owe a lot to all of u but I am gonna explain a thing or two.

I have supported Axl and his vision since day one and I have always given him the benefit of the doubt. ?My beef has never been with Axl or any member of the new band. I even started threads a couple of years ago stating WHY THIS BAND IS GUNS N ROSES.

I remember making posts supporting this band by stating "If u put in a 2002 boot compared with a 90 boot" u wouldn't be able to tell me who is playing what.

I totally supported this band and I still do but I am gonna admit something here for the first time:

People like Jim Bob and what has happened to this forum has almost made me come to hate this fuckin band and it has nothing to do with the actual BAND, its just the way some people on here act.

It started for me when people started blatantly disrespecting the old members to try and make this band seem more relevant and better than they are. ?They are a great band but Jesus Christ they have done absolutely NOTHING on their own yet.

Everytime I read these Zealot like posts it makes me wanna sling my computer through the fuckin window.

I love this forum, I will never leave it or badmouth it or badmouth Axl or Guns N Roses, but there has to be a balance cause GNR IS NOT only Axl Rose and u can't talk about the present without giving credit to the past.

I've accepted the fact and have embraced the new band, but people on here who desecrate the old band make me fuckin sick to my stomach.

Plus the Out of Hand Ass Kissing by members to Jarmo like they are his bodyguard or personal slave truly drives me up the wall. U can almost feel it in some of these people's post as if Jarmo or Beta or someone is gonna hook em up with a backstage pass when GNR comes to their town as long as they stay loyal and worship at the altar of Jarmo and Axl.

Backstage with Axl would be amazing, Id eat shit for it but I wouldn't sell my soul and I kind of feel like thats what is happening around here to a degree.

The mentality of "U support GNR 100 percent regardless or FUCK OFF" attitude is a HUGE Turn off.

This forum probably means more to me than anybody else on here outside of Jarmo. It was a place that literally saved and changed my entire existance.

If I had never found this website, I'd probably be dead right now or a 300 pound mental patient. People have no idea what finding this forum and the people I've met on here have done to change my entire life.

So I say all I've said above with love and respect to Jarmo and everyone but I can't keep these feelings inside any longer.

Hopefully they won't be viewed in a negative way cause that isn't how they were intended. Just honest observations from my perspective.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #228 on: August 12, 2007, 06:02:05 PM »

The mentality of "U support GNR 100 percent regardless or FUCK OFF" attitude is a HUGE Turn off.

Sometimes you have to be blunt because some people refuse to fucking get it.

But that's how it is.

I don't need to read post after post about how the show last night sucked because of the setlist. You know, by people who weren't there!

I don't have to login here every day to read about how this isn't GN'R.

I don't need to see posts calling Axl a liar because he "promised an album to be out in March".

In addition, I don't need to log in and read posts calling Axl or any other band or crew members liars because you don't agree with what they said. Some of you are happy to believe magazines and journalists who have no idea about the GN'R camp, but you're also quick to dismiss anything that comes straight from the band as lies.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 06:05:01 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #229 on: August 12, 2007, 06:05:55 PM »

You have attacked pretty much anyone who has ever said even the slightest negative thing about scott, whether you like him or not that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.  ok

I defend him when people attack him merely by saying 'he's a fag queer and he sucks looks so gay on stage'. Which is more or less what you said. If you had a real criticism, like saying his lyrics were weak or that his vocal range wasn't very wide, I would not only have let it go, I would've agreed with you.

That's a crock of shit and you know it. I've stated time and time again that Scott's voice is shit and his lyrics are weak.

PS. Stop acting like a 12 year old and take that quote out of you're sig.  Roll Eyes
Communist China
Banned
VIP

« Reply #230 on: August 12, 2007, 06:09:08 PM »

You have attacked pretty much anyone who has ever said even the slightest negative thing about scott, whether you like him or not that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok

That's a crock of shit and you know it. I've stated time and time again that Scott's voice is shit and his lyrics are weak.

PS. Stop acting like a 12 year old and take that quote out of you're sig.? Roll Eyes

Stating his voice is shit is different then criticizing his range. And also you say that stuff over and over and its gotten rather boring.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #231 on: August 12, 2007, 06:09:22 PM »

Respect to D for opening up and tells how he feels

I too feel that this place kinda is on it's way to lose it because of some shitty things, it's not as fun as it used to be IMO it can be because i'm falling in to a fucking depression again and if i do i hope i can have this place to get my mind and thoughts away from my real life
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #232 on: August 12, 2007, 06:11:16 PM »

PS. Stop acting like a 12 year old and take that quote out of you're sig.  Roll Eyes

Stating his voice is shit is different then criticizing his range. And also you say that stuff over and over and its gotten rather boring.

I don't really care if it's gotten boring or not. As long as I'm allowed to post here I will post my opinions. And since I don't go around breaking the rules I don't see any reason why I won't be posting here in the future. So you're going to have to deal with it or find somewhere else to post, because me and my opinions are not going anywhere.  ok
slashBOG
« Reply #233 on: August 12, 2007, 06:14:19 PM »

same here,, That attitude of Support the new Gnr 100 % or fuck off is childish.. I love Gnr.. saw them last year 4 times, Traveled to see them,, but you guys are turning what used to be a great GNR board into a GNR vs VR board.. so, I cannot like the old members and the new ones at the same time?? ?can't I support both ?bands?? do I have to agree with every compliment new gnr keeps getting even though i dont agree>? fuck that.. ?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #234 on: August 12, 2007, 06:17:49 PM »

When Chinese Democracy is released, And yes I said WHEN cause I truly believe it is coming out, Are we gonna be forced to love every single song and not be able to say we don't like this or that?

Cause if thats the case I'm not even gonna bother with any threads if they have to be worship fests.

Jarmo I totally understand your stance on negativity for the sake of negativity, but to me, if a dude pays his cash for a ticket and isn't happy with what he has seen, Why is that viewed as being a hater or a non supporter? Maybe he just didn't like that particular performance?

Just check Jim Bob's posts

Its like everytime Jarmo posts, U see Jimmy Bob post right after reitterating everything Jarmo said.  Jarmo should get a fuckin leash to keep him on its getting so absurd.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #235 on: August 12, 2007, 06:25:17 PM »

As far as I know, constructive criticism to a certain degree never was the problem.

It's the lies and bullshit that is the problem.

Fair enough, you didn't like the show.

But to then say shit like "the band looked bored" or "everybody left" is just bullshit.

We're not interested in being a vehicle for people to spread bullshit about the band. That's what the newspapers and magazines are already doing.

/jarmo

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #236 on: August 12, 2007, 06:29:18 PM »

You can't really say people saying the Band look bored was bull. The band may have looked bored to that person.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #237 on: August 12, 2007, 06:30:34 PM »

As far as I know, constructive criticism to a certain degree never was the problem.

It's the lies and bullshit that is the problem.

Fair enough, you didn't like the show.

But to then say shit like "the band looked bored" or "everybody left" is just bullshit.

We're not interested in being a vehicle for people to spread bullshit about the band. That's what the newspapers and magazines are already doing.

/jarmo

Awesome

I can one hundred percent agree with every bit of that.

Just like I supported your stance on the leaks etc etc.

I agree with Timothy to a degree.

I mean hell, the VR show I went to, Slash looked bored as hell, He barely fuckin moved, same with Duff. Doesn't mean I hate them or am tryin to hurt them, Just sayin my opinion they looked like they wanted to be anywhere but in Atlanta Georgia.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #238 on: August 12, 2007, 06:31:09 PM »

You can't really say people saying the Band look bored was bull. The band may have looked bored to that person.

You mean when five other board members are saying how amazing and into it they were?

/jarmo

Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #239 on: August 12, 2007, 06:36:33 PM »

You mean when five other board members are saying how amazing and into it they were?

/jarmo

Yes.. It's all subjective

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: