Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:48:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eddie Trunk Responds - PLEASE STOP THE GN'R INSANITY!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddie Trunk Responds - PLEASE STOP THE GN'R INSANITY!!!!  (Read 54081 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2007, 11:55:55 AM »

Personally, I think its getting a bit late in the year for the release of the album, or even another tour to be organized.

As far as I know, the albums coming out this year haven't even been announced yet.

So how can it be too late?

We don't know what the record companies are releasing in September, October, November or December yet.

It seems like they're taking a break right now. Lots of albums were released in the spring and summer until a few weeks ago. I guess they'll start releasing lots of new albums in September.

Even Billboard lists albums coming out during the first week of September, but nothing past that: http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/releases/index.jsp

/jarmo

Well, if we take into account what Axl said regarding "2 months of proper promotion" for the album in his letter, then that takes us to the begining of October as far as a release date goes, Jarmo.

At the moment, there is no official single on the airwaves, no music video in rotation, etc.

The band also just survived an earthquake and a typhoon in Japan, so Im sure it goes without saying that all the bandmembers are going to want some down time with their friends and family before they return to business arrangements, or work on the album.

Not to mention that it is still Summer time, so we can only fathom how many executives and managers at Universal are on holidays for the next several weeks, which could also contribute to work on the album being halted, if only temporarily.

For me, its just to quiet to get my hopes up for possible release sometime this Fall, Jarmo.

And as far as touring for the remainder of this year goes, unless the band has keep all their future dates underwraps, there isn't a peep about any upcoming shows out there right now, not to mention that its certainly to late in the year to hope for a multitude of venues to be vacant since concerts booked months ago are already scheduled to go down, as well as hockey and basketball seasons? starting in a few weeks.

In conclusion, and as I said in my original post, I think it would be best if the band didn't stress themselves out over a release this year, or a brand new tour this year, and instead just take their time with everything, and start from scratch in 'O8 with a World Tour in support of a brand new album ok

Wow, that sure is alot of assumptions.

this is my favorite...

"The band also just survived an earthquake and a typhoon in Japan, so Im sure it goes without saying that all the bandmembers are going to want some down time"

Are you really sure it goes without saying, I know I'm not so sure.

Your telling me that if your husband, the father of your children went through an earthquake and a typhoon, your not going to want to spend some quality time with them before they head back to the office indefinately?

So no, thats not really an assumption, but rather, a logical conclusion..

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2007, 11:58:39 AM »

Personally, I think its getting a bit late in the year for the release of the album, or even another tour to be organized.

As far as I know, the albums coming out this year haven't even been announced yet.

So how can it be too late?

We don't know what the record companies are releasing in September, October, November or December yet.

It seems like they're taking a break right now. Lots of albums were released in the spring and summer until a few weeks ago. I guess they'll start releasing lots of new albums in September.

Even Billboard lists albums coming out during the first week of September, but nothing past that: http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/releases/index.jsp

/jarmo

Well, if we take into account what Axl said regarding "2 months of proper promotion" for the album in his letter, then that takes us to the begining of October as far as a release date goes, Jarmo.

At the moment, there is no official single on the airwaves, no music video in rotation, etc.

The band also just survived an earthquake and a typhoon in Japan, so Im sure it goes without saying that all the bandmembers are going to want some down time with their friends and family before they return to business arrangements, or work on the album.

Not to mention that it is still Summer time, so we can only fathom how many executives and managers at Universal are on holidays for the next several weeks, which could also contribute to work on the album being halted, if only temporarily.

For me, its just to quiet to get my hopes up for possible release sometime this Fall, Jarmo.

And as far as touring for the remainder of this year goes, unless the band has keep all their future dates underwraps, there isn't a peep about any upcoming shows out there right now, not to mention that its certainly to late in the year to hope for a multitude of venues to be vacant since concerts booked months ago are already scheduled to go down, as well as hockey and basketball seasons? starting in a few weeks.

In conclusion, and as I said in my original post, I think it would be best if the band didn't stress themselves out over a release this year, or a brand new tour this year, and instead just take their time with everything, and start from scratch in 'O8 with a World Tour in support of a brand new album ok

Wow, that sure is alot of assumptions.

this is my favorite...

"The band also just survived an earthquake and a typhoon in Japan, so Im sure it goes without saying that all the bandmembers are going to want some down time"

Are you really sure it goes without saying, I know I'm not so sure.

Your telling me that if your husband, the father of your children went through an earthquake and a typhoon, your not going to want to spend some quality time with them before they head back to the office indefinately?

So no, thats not really an assumption, but rather, a logical conclusion..

You're speaking out of turn. Truth is, you don't know anything about the band, thier loved ones and thier relationships. I choose not to compare them to my own or pressume they are similar... or for that matter how demanding the album's release will be on them.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2007, 12:01:38 PM »

Guys!    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes didn't you read what eddie trunk said? PLEASE STOP THE GN'R INSANITY!!!!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2007, 12:02:04 PM »

I dont know anything about the bandmembers, but it sure wouldn't be a social norm not to worry about someone who went through an earthquake and typhoon, now would it?

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2007, 12:03:32 PM »

Guys!? ? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes didn't you read what eddie trunk said? PLEASE STOP THE GN'R INSANITY!!!!

I will FURTHER the INSANITY.  Tongue

You're right, and this argument is pointless.

IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2007, 12:04:52 PM »

Hey this thread is supposed to be about me,

First you guys claim i'm starting rumors, and you start bashing me,

But Eddie Did tell me he thinks its probably never coming out

why is everyone ignoring me now

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2007, 12:05:58 PM »

ROFL!!!... you jerk. Wink

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2007, 12:15:27 PM »

I don't think its ever coming out either.  But who really gives a fuck.  It's nothing we can control.  I love the new songs. So fuck it .... as long as they tour, I'll go regardless of a new album or not.  I'm sure we'll eventually get an update at some point and if not then I'm sure we'll all be alright anyway.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2007, 12:18:38 PM »

Probably because your story was made into something it's not. Which is hardly surprising considering the mentality of certain GN'R fans.

And what do you think the record company is going to do once they've received the finished album?

Sit on it?

Twiddle their thumbs?

No, of course not.

They're going to promote it.

That is, afterall, how they incite people to purchase albums, let alone, virtually any product.

What exactly is it that you know about what's going on at GN'R's record company?

You're making a shitload of assumptions to prove your non-existent point.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2007, 12:27:49 PM »

And you're avoiding a question (but that's typical)

If promotion doesn't commence once the album has been turned in, or doesn't happen during the 2 months it takes to get the album to the shelves, then what exactly does happen during that 2 month span, Jarmo?

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2007, 12:31:03 PM »

Stop the insanity.......Maybe there will be a new C.D. maybe not. ?Maybe their just waiting for minor details or maybe every thing hinges on MORE COW BELL! ? This thread went from please stop the insanity to just insane.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2007, 12:32:49 PM »

Stop the insanity.......Maybe there will be a new C.D. maybe not. ?Maybe their just waiting for minor details or maybe every thing hinges on MORE COW BELL! ? This thread went from please stop the insanity to just insane.

It definatley needs more cow bell

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2007, 12:54:15 PM »

If promotion doesn't commence once the album has been turned in, or doesn't happen during the 2 months it takes to get the album to the shelves, then what exactly does happen during that 2 month span, Jarmo?

Look, nowhere did Axl say it takes two months of promotion. You made it up!

I'm sure the promotion department at the record companies are working their asses off on various projects as we speak. That doesn't mean we know anything about it.

Do you honestly think there's gonna be an announcement on gunsnroses.com saying "ok, now we're gonna promote the album for the next two months. Stay tuned!"?

The end of the year isn't two months away. There's plenty of time to release it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2007, 01:03:51 PM »

Eddie is not used to this online GNR rumour madness, it seems like he?s shocked hihi. Anyways, it?s cool he decided to shut down this rumour.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2007, 01:17:21 PM »

Look, nowhere did Axl say it takes two months of promotion. You made it up!

I'm sure the promotion department at the record companies are working their asses off on various projects as we speak. That doesn't mean we know anything about it.

Do you honestly think there's gonna be an announcement on gunsnroses.com saying "ok, now we're gonna promote the album for the next two months. Stay tuned!"?

The end of the year isn't two months away. There's plenty of time to release it.

/jarmo

No, I didn't make that up.

In Axl's letter he talks about how the album deserves "proper promotion" and as you've stated, how "it takes 2 months to get the album to the shelves once it's been handed in."

Yes, I confused the two separate points, and for that I apologize Jarmo, however in doing so, I mistakenly believed that the logical conclusion would be that during the 2 months it takes to get the album on store shelves, promotion would in fact be taking place.

No I don't anticipate that there will be a statement on www.gunsnroses.com stating in plain English that promotion has commenced.

I think that once a single has hit the airwaves, or a video is in rotation, we can faithfully assume that promotion for the release of the album has finally begun.

Take the Harley Davidson ad for Better that never aired for example.

When that surfaced, virtually everyone thought the release of the album was imminent because the creation of such an ad, let alone the release of such an ad, would surely indicate that proper promotion had finally begun.

No, the end of the year isn't 2 months away, but it's less than 5.

If we disregard the 2 months that it takes for the album to hit store shelves, only 3 months remain.

And as I've stressed in virtually every one of my posts in this thread today, if I were in the any of the band member's shoes, I wouldn't stress about the release of the album this year, and instead carry on, as they probably are, with finalizing the other arrangements surrounding the release of the album, and make a fresh start in 2008 with the launch of a tour to coincide with the release of the album

Smiley
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 01:22:09 PM by Stoned » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2007, 01:37:12 PM »

If we disregard the 2 months that it takes for the album to hit store shelves, only 3 months remain.

And as I've stressed in virtually every one of my posts in this thread today, if I were in the any of the band member's shoes, I wouldn't stress about the release of the album this year, and instead carry on, as they probably are, with finalizing the other arrangements surrounding the release of the album, and make a fresh start in 2008 with the launch of a tour to coincide with the release of the album

Smiley

How can you disregard those two months?

Just because you've handed in the album and have to wait about eight weeks until its release, doesn't mean you have to sit at home and wait.

Two months from now is in October, two months back in time from the end of December is October.

Oh, and we can't even assume it's two months from now since we don't know what's happened since this spring.

There's plenty of time.

I don't understand what you're talking about a fresh start. I'm not sure the calendar is that important. You have to release it after January 1st instead of making that fresh start at the end of 2007? Makes no sense to me.

As far as I'm concerned, the time starts when it's released. Before and after Chinese Democracy. Not because it's January 1st.

Maybe it's wishful thinking on your part?

/jarmo

Regibold
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2007, 01:41:33 PM »

Eddie is not used to this online GNR rumour madness, it seems like he?s shocked hihi. Anyways, it?s cool he decided to shut down this rumour.

That's Eddie not being used to it, just think about how Axl feels when he reads crazy and out of control rumors on this forum, or that forum or the other forum. His whereabouts and life are being spewed all over the internet, and 3/4 of it's bullshit  Undecided
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2007, 01:43:40 PM »

That's why this site has such a highly esteemed reputation. No bullshit here - but you can't always help what comes out of some people's mouths..................

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2007, 01:44:16 PM »

That's Eddie not being used to it, just think about how Axl feels when he reads crazy and out of control rumors on this forum, or that forum or the other forum. His whereabouts and life are being spewed all over the internet, and 3/4 of it's bullshit  Undecided

Yes, I can imagine that Undecided

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Regibold
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2007, 01:45:41 PM »

Yeah I've noticed a hell of a lot less here than anywhere else, and it's a good thing too, it's gotta be damn hard to monitor the traffic that goes through here.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: