Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:02:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Eddie Trunk Responds - PLEASE STOP THE GN'R INSANITY!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eddie Trunk Responds - PLEASE STOP THE GN'R INSANITY!!!!  (Read 54121 times)
yourfinalanswer
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #140 on: August 07, 2007, 07:05:42 PM »

No.

I never once said that.

However, if this year is unlikely, logic would seem to indicate that next year might be the year.

Apparently, what makes it unlikely is the nice summer weather.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but summer happens every year. Right?

How come artists and record companies have managed to get stuff released all those other years even though there were nice sunny days when you'd rather stay at home and spend time with your family?

And how well did that work out Jarmo?

If memory serves me correctly, Live Era is the poorest selling album/compilation Gn'R have ever released.

Don't change the subject.

I once again proved that it's not too late.

Any idea who some of these "big bands" might be Jarmo?

(besides the Foo Fighters hihi)

What I consider big might make you laugh because they don't sell in Canada.

I'm pretty sure there'll be big albums out before Christmas.

Seems like hip hop artists I've never heard of go multi platinum....

Of course it is.

I seriously doubt all of the band members physically being in the studio or office where plans for the album's release are being organized either speeds up, or slows down the release of the album.

Ultimately, the album is capable of being released this year or its not.

Hot sauce or no hot sauce.. hihi

Ok, so you don't think the reason you gave for the delay would actually delay the album's release.

As I suspected.

Thank you.

/jarmo

I think we can all agree that it's August and the odds are against a release this year - which, again, isn't bad but just a fact.  Could it happen?  Absolutely.  Everyone is grown up here and has learned not to hold their breath for a release date. 

If it happens, it will happen when it happens. 

It's just become a simple case of the boy who cried wolf at this point.  In Axl's defense he hasn't told us any dates since last year when he said March so at this point I can't really say I feel led on.  If you keep going back to the girl who cheats on you every time and every time your heart gets broken its your own fault if you don't learn. 

After all, they say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome.   Wink
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #141 on: August 07, 2007, 07:12:41 PM »

No.

I never once said that.

However, if this year is unlikely, logic would seem to indicate that next year might be the year.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but summer happens every year. Right?

How come artists and record companies have managed to get stuff released all those other years even though there were nice sunny days when you'd rather stay at home and spend time with your family?

And how well did that work out Jarmo?

If memory serves me correctly, Live Era is the poorest selling album/compilation Gn'R have ever released.

Don't change the subject.

Any idea who some of these "big bands" might be Jarmo?

(besides the Foo Fighters hihi)

What I consider big might make you laugh because they don't sell in Canada.

Seems like hip hop artists I've never heard of go multi platinum....

Of course it is.

I seriously doubt all of the band members physically being in the studio or office where plans for the album's release are being organized either speeds up, or slows down the release of the album.

Ultimately, the album is capable of being released this year or its not.

Hot sauce or no hot sauce.. hihi

Ok, so you don't think the reason you gave for the delay would actually delay the album's release.

As I suspected.

Thank you.

/jarmo

No, what makes it unlikely is the fact that its nearing the middle of August, and we haven't heard a peep to confirm the release of a single, much less, that the album has finally been handed into the label.

With what?

So what if Live Era only had one months notice.

As I said, the lack of notice/promotion may be the very reason why it bombed on the charts.

For all we know, there could be.

I'm unaware of any though.

Like I said before, U2, Radiohead, Metallica, etc are all looking at next year as a good year to drop their "big albums."

I gave many reasons for what could potentially delay the album from being released this year, you chose to look at and ask me about only one.

Bumblefoot, etc being around doesn't help a legality get straightened out, or get Joe Blow's signature any quicker now does it?

All of the band members being together might speed up the release process, or it might not.

It certainly doesn't change the fact that time is running out.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 07:15:00 PM by Stoned » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #142 on: August 07, 2007, 07:23:02 PM »

No, what makes it unlikely is the fact that its nearing the middle of August, and we haven't heard a peep to confirm the release of a single, much less, that the album has finally been handed into the label.

Thank you Mr Record Company Executive.

As I said, the lack of notice/promotion may be the very reason why it bombed on the charts.

How well do you know your GN'R history?

Do you see anything that would make 2007 different from 1999?

Anything at all? Maybe something has happened in the past year that didn't take place in 1999?

Maybe like some tour?

Like I said before, U2, Radiohead, Metallica, etc are all looking at next year as a good year to drop their "big albums."

Could it be because they can't get them out in 2007 so it makes sense to release them when they're actually done?

Like I said before, if all the big bands are waiting until next year, there's more potential customers.

Elvis is also not releasing an album in 2007.

For the same reason, he can't finish the album....

I gave many reasons for what could potentially delay the album from being released this year, you chose to look at and ask me about only one.

Bumblefoot, etc being around doesn't help a legality get straightened out, or get Joe Blow's signature any quicker now does it?

All of the band members being together might speed up the release process, or it might not.

Oh please.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #143 on: August 07, 2007, 07:29:18 PM »

Jarmo and stoned both have points But hell none of us know what is going on . So lets stop with the whole I know more then you bull shit. Truth is we all no jack and shit right now. Maybe the album will be out this year maybe it want. Maybe Axl will blame some other person on the payroll for it not being released maybe he want.

Anything could happen .
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 07:34:13 PM by SLC Alter-ego #6.6 » Logged

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #144 on: August 07, 2007, 07:33:02 PM »

Jarmo why the hell are you acting like you know more then anybody else. Truth is we all no jack and shit right now. Maybe the album will be out this year maybe it want. Maybe Axl will blame some other person on the payroll for it not being released maybe he want.

Anything could happen .

I am?

Or you just don't like the fact that I don't share the same view on things as some of you? Who think everything is just fucked up when we just had an amazing tour and the band is sounding better than ever.

Absolutely nothing tells me the year is over in fucking August. Absolutely nothing.

Yet you have a problem with me thinking that.

Now, if you think the year is over, log out and come back January 1st.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #145 on: August 07, 2007, 07:35:23 PM »

Now "This" I love... you tell'em Jarmo

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #146 on: August 07, 2007, 07:37:39 PM »

How well do you know your GN'R history?

Do you see anything that would make 2007 different from 1999?

Anything at all? Maybe something has happened in the past year that didn't take place in 1999?

Maybe like some tour?

Could it be because they can't get them out in 2007 so it makes sense to release them when they're actually done?

Like I said before, if all the big bands are waiting until next year, there's more potential customers.

Elvis is also not releasing an album in 2007.

For the same reason, he can't finish the album....

Oh please.

/jarmo

No problem, Mr. Message Board Administrator Cheesy

A tour still doesn't validate how a rushed release and lack of promotion ala Live Era would do Chinese Democracy any good in this day and age.

If Gn'R cant get Chinese Democracy out in 2007, wouldn't it make sense to release it when it actually can be released?

Say next year?

More potential customers for Chinese Democracy too, no?

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #147 on: August 07, 2007, 07:41:58 PM »

Jarmo why the hell are you acting like you know more then anybody else. Truth is we all no jack and shit right now. Maybe the album will be out this year maybe it want. Maybe Axl will blame some other person on the payroll for it not being released maybe he want.

Anything could happen .

I am?

Or you just don't like the fact that I don't share the same view on things as some of you? Who think everything is just fucked up when we just had an amazing tour and the band is sounding better than ever.

Absolutely nothing tells me the year is over in fucking August. Absolutely nothing.

Yet you have a problem with me thinking that.

Now, if you think the year is over, log out and come back January 1st.  ok

/jarmo

ANd you don't like the fact that not everyone has the same view as you do.That door does swing both ways,sir.

Last I heard no one that is in the know"Axl"is saying  that it's this year for sure either.Hasn't been stated to be one way or the other yet. 

Hell If thought this year was over it would be January first in my bizzaro world. Now wouldn't it?

Yes the band toured a little this year. Great for them and the fans who got to see those show.Now weather they sounded better then ever is an opinion.

CSS
« Reply #148 on: August 07, 2007, 07:44:35 PM »

Seriously...

Anything could happen, and as jarmo stated, the year is far from over.

So why further discuss it? It's not even relevant to the subject.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #149 on: August 07, 2007, 07:45:47 PM »

I wouldn't say the year is far from over with it being more then half done.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 07:47:41 PM by SLC Alter-ego #6.6 » Logged

CSS
« Reply #150 on: August 07, 2007, 07:50:02 PM »

I'd say that it's the same thing... hihi

Five months is a long time, whether it's music related or not.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #151 on: August 07, 2007, 07:52:32 PM »

I'd say that it's the same thing... hihi

Five months is a long time, whether it's music related or not.

when the hell did the year calender go to 13 months???

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #152 on: August 07, 2007, 07:53:21 PM »

I'd say that I'm glad GnR is active and touring, that I love what I've heard of the new songs, and that, as soon as the album comes out, I'll buy it and be happier than I've been in a long, long time.

More than that simply isn't worth arguing about.
CSS
« Reply #153 on: August 07, 2007, 07:56:30 PM »

Four months and twentyfour days, happy? hihi

That's probably wrong either way...
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #154 on: August 07, 2007, 07:59:09 PM »

Four months and twentyfour days, happy? hihi

That's probably wrong either way...

yes I am ecstatic now . The pure joy running threw my veins right now is indescribable ok.

doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #155 on: August 07, 2007, 08:25:34 PM »

hey ya'll....

did axl ever mention that march 6 was supposed to happen in 2007....how do we know he didn't mean 2008, or 2010, or 2020.....

catch my drift niggaz?

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #156 on: August 07, 2007, 08:57:26 PM »

A tour still doesn't validate how a rushed release and lack of promotion ala Live Era would do Chinese Democracy any good in this day and age.

Oh so you're saying an active band is not a plus when you release an album?

If Gn'R cant get Chinese Democracy out in 2007, wouldn't it make sense to release it when it actually can be released?

Say next year?

Haha.

That's logical.

But where your whole point fails, is that you fail to realize it's not impossible to get it out in 2007.

You say it is and that is your proof that it should be out in 2008. You have no proof, all you keep doing is repeating your summer and holiday shit.

Just drop it already.

More potential customers for Chinese Democracy too, no?

Example: If you have five bands fighting to get you to spend that $10 on their cd or if there's only one album you want that month, which is better?

Your whole idea is ridiculous. I'm starting to think you only post it to be funny.

Let's see... In short you want the album out in 2008 because the band needs a break and because EVERYBODY else (that competes with GN'R for your record buying dollars) are releasing albums then.

Yeah, that makes sense.  Roll Eyes

Didn't you use to be called something else and now you're "Stoned"?

That might explain this "theory"....

ANd you don't like the fact that not everyone has the same view as you do.That door does swing both ways,sir.

If there's one thing I don't like it's people who come here to go on and on about how everything sucks.

Now this guy is saying the year is over because it's sunny outside.

Fuck that!

It just started as far as I'm concerned.

I've never seen August as the end of the year. Last year this time the European tour had just ended. I wouldn't be surprised if some of you were saying things were gonna be quiet for the rest of the year then too.

Look what we got after that. A North American tour.

As I said, if the world really is that dark for you, log out.

We don't need your doomsday bullshit here.

Edit: My biggest issue with this thread is the stupidity of this "theory/assumption". It's sunny so the band needs to relax, therefore it's better to release the album next year, which happens to be when everybody else fighting for the album buyers' money are releasing albums because the haven't finished recording their albums yet. Also, the fact that band members are taking a break doesn't stop the process. Several things can be taken care of without the band being physically present.

In my world, that kind of logic does not exist. I'm sorry, maybe if I started smoking something I would think it's a great fucking idea.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 09:07:02 PM by jarmo » Logged

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #157 on: August 07, 2007, 09:05:36 PM »

Haha.

That's logical.

But where your whole point fails, is that you fail to realize it's not impossible to get it out in 2007.

lol.
it's funny how you changed your tune from... "everybody who doubts a 2006 release is a hater" to.... "its not impossible to get it out in 2007" hihi

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #158 on: August 07, 2007, 09:08:58 PM »

lol.
it's funny how you changed your tune from... "everybody who doubts a 2006 release is a hater" to.... "its not impossible to get it out in 2007" hihi

In contrast to your: "Whine, whine, whine" tune?  hihi

2006 was the plan, I'll be happy to admit I believed it at the time.

/jarmo

RTK
Headliner

« Reply #159 on: August 07, 2007, 09:15:50 PM »

I seriously doubt any release this year, mostly because there have been no updates since the end of the tour, not even from before the tour.
And, seriously, come on? Believing anyone about CD who is not Axl is ridiculous, and even he can't be trusted....March 2007 anyone?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 09:17:31 PM by RTK » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: