Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:30:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Ending the war in Iraq...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ending the war in Iraq...  (Read 19802 times)
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2007, 09:30:19 PM »

My question is on universal peace keepers.

who do you propose to be these PK's?

Le French, n'est pas?! J'aime le fromage parce que c'est tres tres bon!

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2007, 02:40:24 AM »

get rid of security council of the UN.
get rid of the UK and make a real political EU with ONE mission : annoy the US.
things will roll on then.

2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2007, 05:05:16 AM »

get rid of the UK

this has been your plan all along. you dont give a rat's ass about iraq or bush or anything. All you've wanted all along was to get rid of the UK.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2007, 08:57:00 AM »

And you wonder why we hate the French.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2007, 09:25:51 AM »

That is the only way to counter US tyranny. Bravo dude for having the balls to say so.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2007, 09:35:06 AM »

That is the only way to counter US tyranny. Bravo dude for having the balls to say so.

Al Qaida and terrorism is the threat, not the US.

Maybe we should have sit on our hands after 9/11 and looked the other way?  We were attacked first.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2007, 09:39:12 AM »

The US have killed a hell of lot more people in the last 6 years than Al Quaida ever hoped to ... but that is apples and oranges

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2007, 09:41:56 AM »

Maybe we should have sit on our hands after 9/11 and looked the other way?  We were attacked first.

True but not buy the anybody in Iraq .

We wasted so much time and resource going after thewrong people that the people behind the 9/11 didn't and have not gotten what the should get.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2007, 10:12:42 AM »

they are both a threat, EU isn't needed for an united restitance either. peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2007, 10:14:29 AM »

Maybe we should have sit on our hands after 9/11 and looked the other way?? We were attacked first.

i never said we gotta get stop hunting down al quaida (wich is, maybe you forget sometimes, really not the us' problem only... even talibans fight al-quaida for f*ck sake ! ) or handle other issues. I was talking at a more global level.

I'm just saying, at a global level, smoothing down the hegemony and domination of some countires (USA, EU), strengthening the worldwide?political democracy (kill the security UN council, give the poor countries a stronger voice) and make a strong political EU (with the uk, i like them, dont take my "get rid of the uk" ramblings to seriously - their gvntment just annoys me sometimes not playing along with the team and blindly supporting the usa ).

A more balanced world. Less greedy corportation and states raping africa and the poors.
Respecting other countries sovereignty. Respecting the so-called democracy we promote and stop the sneaky worldwide financial propaganda of the NED ( a so called pro-democract "independant" organization wich does "legally" now what the CIA illegaly did back then ...)

IRAQ? what can we do ?

1. delete the american presence there
2. replace it by an international force (mix between Un and Regional) in charge of the borders/people's security (ref. lebanon eu force)
3. PUBLICLY show that the USA is leaving and giving the ressources spots back to Iraq - i mean Exxon and Total : get the fuck out !
4. Organize the region security under LOCAL countries : Iran, Gulf, Syria ...
5. DO NOT make a confessional society like lebanon it's a mess.
6. DO not complain if the outcomes is an islamic republic, its their country, their religion, their history, let them do what they want

ps: of the IMF and World Bank need to go to. These hardcore capitalistic tools have wasted money faking the help of the poor where they just organized the profit of the riches raping african' ressources.

voil? Smiley

this has nothing to do with "The French" ... my country is pretty much on your path now ....

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2007, 10:40:42 AM »

I'd like to see a nordic union, based on old scandiavian democracy, paganism and chistianity. peace
There's no need for EU for Scandinavia and i'd rather see an global union for forwarding peace and humanity that isn't limited to Europeans.
this has nothing to do with "The French"
Hows the grape hihi
I agree, a little more international contribution would be the ideal for peace beer

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2007, 01:27:32 PM »

i never said we gotta get stop hunting down al quaida (wich is, maybe you forget sometimes, really not the us' problem only... even talibans fight al-quaida for f*ck sake ! ) or handle other issues. I was talking at a more global level.

I'm just saying, at a global level, smoothing down the hegemony and domination of some countires (USA, EU), strengthening the worldwide political democracy (kill the security UN council, give the poor countries a stronger voice) and make a strong political EU (with the uk, i like them, dont take my "get rid of the uk" ramblings to seriously - their gvntment just annoys me sometimes not playing along with the team and blindly supporting the usa ).

A more balanced world. Less greedy corportation and states raping africa and the poors.
Respecting other countries sovereignty. Respecting the so-called democracy we promote and stop the sneaky worldwide financial propaganda of the NED ( a so called pro-democract "independant" organization wich does "legally" now what the CIA illegaly did back then ...)

IRAQ? what can we do ?

2. replace it by an international force (mix between Un and Regional) in charge of the borders/people's security (ref. lebanon eu force)
3. PUBLICLY show that the USA is leaving and giving the ressources spots back to Iraq - i mean Exxon and Total : get the fuck out !
6. DO not complain if the outcomes is an islamic republic, its their country, their religion, their history, let them do what they want

ps: of the IMF and World Bank need to go to. These hardcore capitalistic tools have wasted money faking the help of the poor where they just organized the profit of the riches raping african' ressources.

voil? Smiley

this has nothing to do with "The French" ... my country is pretty much on your path now ....

US should also help fund rebuilding it (but pay local companies, not haliburton/foreign contractors).

i like your ideas.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2007, 02:06:07 PM »

I'm just saying, at a global level, smoothing down the hegemony and domination of some countires (USA, EU), strengthening the worldwide political democracy (kill the security UN council, give the poor countries a stronger voice) and make a strong political EU (with the uk, i like them, dont take my "get rid of the uk" ramblings to seriously - their gvntment just annoys me sometimes not playing along with the team and blindly supporting the usa ).

IRAQ? what can we do ?

voil? Smiley

US should also help fund rebuilding it (but pay local companies, not haliburton/foreign contractors).

i like your ideas.
yes!
the only "chance" destroyed countries have is the rebuilding growth base they can expect and basically 0% unemployment ... that was the luck of france, the luck of germany ...

what do you see in torned dow african/middle east countries after they get carpet bombed by the west or by internal (west fueled) wars? American and europeans corporation sending their troops to get advantage of it. Building pipelines and factories. Building road for their trucks and making sure there are landing space for their carriers ... school ? hospitals? nah ....

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2007, 04:03:43 PM »

The US have killed a hell of lot more people in the last 6 years than Al Quaida ever hoped to ... but that is apples and oranges

The death of one is a tragedy, the death of millions is just a statistic - Joseph Stalin

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
DevilHatesALoser
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2007, 04:23:11 PM »

WAT-Ever, how many times does communism need to be tried and fail before you acknowledge it's bullshit?  No one is raping the starving countries in Africa.  Foreign investment is the only thing that keeps it afloat.  You could remove the entire continent and it would virtually have no effect on the world economy.  Western involvement is helping that continent grow and develop.  I have a major problem throwing money at 3rd would countries and allowing them to use it how they see fit - that was part of the whole problem with France in Iraq before the war, remember?  If someone asks for my help, they get my help, not just a blank check.  You don't help a junkie get off the streets by handing him $5 and walking away.  The junkie would just go buy more junk.  You help them by walking them through the process. 

I see no problem in making a profit and bring the 3rd world into the 21st century.  It's nice and fine to sit there in your nice apartment, with your model girlfriend and Corporate paycheck and advocate social reform.  It's a whole other game to actually put your money where your mouth is.  So I suggest you give up your hedonistic lifestyle and go these countries that are being raped by the west (specifically the USA).  Take all the abundance of McJob working folks here who got their outlook on life through Michael Moore movies and other forms of entertainment.  As soon as the sacrifces leaves adcademic thought to their wallets, I bet their outlook changes.
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2007, 04:45:31 PM »

WAT-Ever, how many times does communism need to be tried and fail before you acknowledge it's bullshit?  No one is raping the starving countries in Africa.  Foreign investment is the only thing that keeps it afloat.  You could remove the entire continent and it would virtually have no effect on the world economy.  Western involvement is helping that continent grow and develop.  I have a major problem throwing money at 3rd would countries and allowing them to use it how they see fit - that was part of the whole problem with France in Iraq before the war, remember?  If someone asks for my help, they get my help, not just a blank check.  You don't help a junkie get off the streets by handing him $5 and walking away.  The junkie would just go buy more junk.  You help them by walking them through the process. 

I see no problem in making a profit and bring the 3rd world into the 21st century.  It's nice and fine to sit there in your nice apartment, with your model girlfriend and Corporate paycheck and advocate social reform.  It's a whole other game to actually put your money where your mouth is.  So I suggest you give up your hedonistic lifestyle and go these countries that are being raped by the west (specifically the USA).  Take all the abundance of McJob working folks here who got their outlook on life through Michael Moore movies and other forms of entertainment.  As soon as the sacrifces leaves adcademic thought to their wallets, I bet their outlook changes.

fair enough ... i'll answer tomorow when i have more time.

ps: oh and the ab-hominem arguments don't make sense to me.
so i have 2 big computer screens and work for l'or?al. am i then not allowed to have opinions on the world? i am obligated to be associated to the system i am in?
Only "poor" people can complain about capitalism?
I know i am not in darfur right now helping starving kids. i know that. i still have the right, in all sincerity to believe what i believe.
maybe i'm going to quit l'or?al and go to darfur some day ? you don"t know.

I am my vote, my consumer behavior, my refusal of television, the vacations i chose to do, my refusal of fast food, there are a lot of things in life that can, at some level, be coherent with your opinions.
And yes, of course, i am not 100% coherent. but who's not.

anywa, it's not about me. it's about ideas.
and i'll get back to your arguments tomorow.

PEACE

MCT
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2007, 06:29:17 PM »

I have a philosophical question - if there were world peace, would the war in Iraq end?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2007, 04:48:29 AM »

Finally, I agree with you!

AQ did attack us, you are correct.

Not Iraq.

And you wonder why we hate the French.

You may speak for the fox-news-bots, but that is it.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 05:15:05 AM by Pharmo » Logged
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2007, 05:31:39 AM »

WAT-Ever, how many times does communism need to be tried and fail before you acknowledge it's bullshit?? No one is raping the starving countries in Africa.? Foreign investment is the only thing that keeps it afloat.? You could remove the entire continent and it would virtually have no effect on the world economy.? Western involvement is helping that continent grow and develop.? I have a major problem throwing money at 3rd would countries and allowing them to use it how they see fit - that was part of the whole problem with France in Iraq before the war, remember?? If someone asks for my help, they get my help, not just a blank check.? You don't help a junkie get off the streets by handing him $5 and walking away.? The junkie would just go buy more junk.? You help them by walking them through the process.?

the more i read that post the more it amazes me. The 21st century have witnessed a radical change in how the western countries apprehend the "african" problem, and not for the best ... we could say a "liberated" point of view , liberated from all moral constraints and self-criticism.

And your post is a perfect example of how our generation (i assume you're in your 20s) handle the issue.
And it's sad.

Let's go step by step.

WAT-Ever, how many times does communism need to be tried and fail before you acknowledge it's bullshit??
1- I didnt acknowledge communism.
2- What "has been tried" is dictatorship with so called first generation communism. Of course it's hard for you to understand that communism refers to a social-economical system whereas what you talk about in history are political system. Now you'll stop thinking "stalin" when someone says "communism" - Joseph McCarthy is dead dude ...
3- Because "capitalism" works so well: look around the world. The average GDP of africa has decreased (yes, decreased) since 1960 under the orders of the World Bank and the IMF forcing them to embrace free market and unchained capitalism (even the USA put boundaries to their economy ...)
4- One of the great argument in favor of free market by the early thinkers was : it will be bring world peace. it did not (quite the opposite i would say). Inequalities have increased by 20% roughly. And the major environnmental issues are, and it's a general consensus, linked to our liberated worldwide economy. Poor people are poorer and rich are richer. Now if that suits you ... have fun.

No one is raping the starving countries in Africa.?
Uh ... Kidding right?

Foreign investment is the only thing that keeps it afloat.?
First, it is not afloat. It's skinking.

Western involvement is helping that continent grow and develop.?
Let me tell you how things work there.
1- Western european countries have dominated this continent through the colonial era. They have cut this continent like a big cake, making no fuss about ethnicities, natural borders, tribes ...
2- Western european countries have then, gradually, incoherently, given the "independance" back to these people while working 3 paramaters: creating illegitimate governements that were still sworn to the refering "white" master, creating de-facto violent local opposition and drowning these countries in local power struggle (thus unable to focus on social developement).

A very common argument is to put the blame on the irresponsible immature governments in Africa. " It's their fault ! they are corrupted, nothing is done for the people, the governments are all war lords ... ". True. They're our friends, we have placed them there and keep the busy.
This argument is very strong in the 21st century, trying to put a smoke screen on our part and our responsability.

I would really love for you to see the truth behind the "western involvment helping that continent".

Africa is a rich land. Very rich. And we know it.
Taking advantage of the unstability we created there (above) we plant our corporation there stealing the ressources.
We fix the prices ridiculously low. We use the ressource and make sure their economy does not change.
For example, the international community have made sure that the agricultural economy of africa dies. We don't want them to promote agriculture. What happens? We sell our tomatoes to them.

The big actors here are the World Bank and the IMF (the tools we use the "help").
These organizations come with money to these countries and say " here are 5 billions.... now we give it to you only if you open your economy, you let Total build that oil factory, dont tax em too much, keep salaries low ... ".
Just imagine what would be the reactions of American or French Governement if a "foreign" country want to "harvest" ressources on our land?
America have blocked chinese companies from getting close to handle Harbors.
France make sure no foreign companies get too close from Electricity/Gaz coroporation.
Why? because energy/harbors are strategical elements in a countriy's sovereignty.
And here we are completly controlling the amazing energy ressources of africa and telling them that the governements have nothing to say in these matters just let free market decide. We don't even follow this crazy free market at home for fuck sake !!!

The big Jihad of the WorldBank and the IMF is to promote hardcore free market in these countries that will only benefit the western countries.
The X billions we give are : nothing compared to what we make on the side, interested (create debts) and a tool of promoting our vision of the world.

We dont build schools or hospitals or infrastrucure. We build factories that make stuff we need and cargo airports to bring the uranium back to our home. That's it. Nothing that is coherently making these countries grow, we're keeping 'em low, dependent on our money.

No really, you are so far from the truth it's amazing.
It's funny cause i was reading, this morning in the metro, and article from Le Monde Diplomatique (http://mondediplo.com/) named :" Africa, behind the common misconception".
This continent has a lot to think about, and must get its shit together to stand on its feet. Some say it may need to lose some of its ancestral social habits. But one prerequesite is too get free from the claws of the west.

Now your comparison of Africa with a junkie is just pure insanity.

PEACE
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 05:33:26 AM by WAT-EVER, i'm totally buggin » Logged

DevilHatesALoser
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2007, 02:48:37 AM »

So then you acknowledge that some society's or cultures are better controlled through methods such as colonialism?? African governments seem incapable of resolving internal problems such as the AIDS epidemic and continual genocide.? Regardless of how you spin it, for Africa to prosper and survive, it needs western aide.? I see no problem with the west aiding Africa in a way that makes them a beneficial ally.? It's a catch 22 with the west.? If we help impoverished nations we are attacked, if we do nothing, we are attacked.? The reality is there is no reason for the govt to send millions if not billions of dollars in aide if there is nothing to be gained in return.? If you want nothing back, turn to charity.
It is the responisbility of of each government to do what is in the best interest of their nation and citizens, not what is best for people who contribute nothing to their own survival.? That is part of Darwin's theory of evolution you're so proud of.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 02:56:38 AM by King Nothing » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: