Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:22:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  ~~~Official New York Yankees Fans Thread~~~
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: ~~~Official New York Yankees Fans Thread~~~  (Read 20675 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2007, 08:06:16 AM »

Things are getting hotter in Boston!

Yup, I'd say, it's officially a penant race.

Jesus....they've made up 10 1/2 games....man that's a big hole to dig out of.

The rest of the season (and the next 17 games, especially) is gonna be very interesting.  They're, right now, as good as I've EVER seen them.  The nice mix in of youth is really firing them up.  Here's hoping they stay this hot through the rest of the season (and the playoffs).  They certainly did their jobs in Cleveland.

Next up, Baltimore...who gave the sox fits.

Yeah its nice seeing the younger guys contributing. Duncan, Hughes, Chamerlain maybe Kennedy before too long. I'd like to see us take 2 of 3 from Baltimore. We then play struggling Detroit 8 of the next 12 before the Boston series. I'd like to see us gain another game or two before that showdown. Make that series really mean something big.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2007, 07:53:36 AM »

The rest of the season (and the next 17 games, especially) is gonna be very interesting.  They're, right now, as good as I've EVER seen them.  The nice mix in of youth is really firing them up.  Here's hoping they stay this hot through the rest of the season (and the playoffs).  They certainly did their jobs in Cleveland.

Yeah its nice seeing the younger guys contributing. Duncan, Hughes, Chamerlain maybe Kennedy before too long. I'd like to see us take 2 of 3 from Baltimore. We then play struggling Detroit 8 of the next 12 before the Boston series. I'd like to see us gain another game or two before that showdown. Make that series really mean something big.

Chamberlain was just nasty last night.  He's got hitters so crossed up they look like little leaguers. Here's hoping, as the league gets a better look at him, that doesn't change.  I think, if this guy proves to be the "real deal" you could be looking at our setup guy for a LONG time...and eventually  Mariano's replacement.  Time will tell (and yes, I know I'm asking a lot....but you just get that feeling with this kid).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2007, 03:29:47 PM »

"The Scooter"...Phil Rizzuto...died late last night.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2974097

The Scooter will forever be engrained in my memories of the Yankees, and my long time fandom.  I'll never forget him calling the games on NY Channel 11, while my dad and I would sit and watch.  I grew up with Phil calling the games and to me...he was the voice of the Yanks in my childhood.

RIP, Phil.  Thanks for the memories.

crying

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2007, 07:13:13 PM »

"The Scooter"...Phil Rizzuto...died late last night.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2974097

The Scooter will forever be engrained in my memories of the Yankees, and my long time fandom.  I'll never forget him calling the games on NY Channel 11, while my dad and I would sit and watch.  I grew up with Phil calling the games and to me...he was the voice of the Yanks in my childhood.

RIP, Phil.  Thanks for the memories.

crying

Oh damn that sucks. I always liked him Sad

RIP Phil
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2007, 07:13:51 PM »

Chamberlain was just nasty last night.  He's got hitters so crossed up they look like little leaguers. Here's hoping, as the league gets a better look at him, that doesn't change.  I think, if this guy proves to be the "real deal" you could be looking at our setup guy for a LONG time...and eventually  Mariano's replacement.  Time will tell (and yes, I know I'm asking a lot....but you just get that feeling with this kid).

I don't know. I think they're still intent on making him a starter.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2007, 08:29:14 PM »

The rest of the season (and the next 17 games, especially) is gonna be very interesting.? They're, right now, as good as I've EVER seen them.? The nice mix in of youth is really firing them up.? Here's hoping they stay this hot through the rest of the season (and the playoffs).? They certainly did their jobs in Cleveland.

Chamberlain was just nasty last night.? He's got hitters so crossed up they look like little leaguers. Here's hoping, as the league gets a better look at him, that doesn't change.? I think, if this guy proves to be the "real deal" you could be looking at our setup guy for a LONG time...and eventually? Mariano's replacement.? Time will tell (and yes, I know I'm asking a lot....but you just get that feeling with this kid).

Like the Red Sox were intent on making Papelbon a starter.....

Smiley

We'll see.  If he goes the rest of the season like he has so far.....I see him being their set up man for a LONG time to come....and eventually their closer.  It takes a specific type of pitcher to be a closer...ice in the blood kinda thing.  They have Hughes and reportedly Kennedy ready to step into their rotation.  I think (but we'll see) Chamberlain may just end up being developed into the next Mariano.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2007, 09:05:48 PM »

Like the Red Sox were intent on making Papelbon a starter.....

Smiley

We'll see.  If he goes the rest of the season like he has so far.....I see him being their set up man for a LONG time to come....and eventually their closer.  It takes a specific type of pitcher to be a closer...ice in the blood kinda thing.  They have Hughes and reportedly Kennedy ready to step into their rotation.  I think (but we'll see) Chamberlain may just end up being developed into the next Mariano.

If he does end up being the next closer i kinda feel bad for the kid. I mean what shoes to fill that will be. I think he can handle it but still how do you replace the best ever.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: