Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 02:48:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228017 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VELVET REVOLVER Confirmed For KROQ L.A. INVASION
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VELVET REVOLVER Confirmed For KROQ L.A. INVASION  (Read 27954 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2007, 04:19:55 PM »

You think he may still be using those same amps?  Crazy.  I don't care what the reviews say, I am excited to see them in a couple weeks!!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2007, 06:14:18 PM »

You think he may still be using those same amps?? Crazy.? I don't care what the reviews say, I am excited to see them in a couple weeks!!

Ya, I wouildn't doubt it.

If not the same amps the same cabinets and road cases.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2007, 08:56:42 PM »

For anyone who watched the webcast:

Did there seem to be distance between the band members, particularly Scott and the rest of the band?

I noticed that there was little to no interaction between Scott and the band and not much among the band members when I saw them last Friday in Concord, CA.  It was concerning because it reminded me of what I saw in GN'R back in '92.

Ali
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2007, 09:19:36 PM »

scott seemed sick

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
CSS
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2007, 02:08:42 AM »

It bothers me that they choose to tune down in every other song.

But I thought that they sounded good either way, if not great.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2007, 02:10:40 AM »

scott seemed sick

Well, there was more than sickness the night before.  Scott being sick doesn't explain the complete lack of interaction between him and the band I saw.

Ali
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2007, 02:04:27 PM »

It's funny, I saw an amp they were using that said GUNS-N-ROSES on it.....
It's hard to believe they are still using stuff from 15 years ago that shouldn't belong to them to begin with.

Musicians tend to "own" their own gear so the theory of them "using stuff from 15 years ago that shouldn't belong to them to begin with" is off the mark.

Still, you think they would at least paint over the GNR on the cases.? It really invites comparisons when fans have that staring at them from the stage.? Maybe the band doesn't care.? If that's the case, more power to 'em.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2007, 03:08:35 PM »

From a review of the show...sounds like comments here.

One wanted to like Velvet Revolver, the quintet featuring ex-Guns N' Roses members and Stone Temple Pilots singer Scott Weiland, but the band's set failed to ignite. Slash's guitar chewed through the mix like a buzz saw, but most of the time the music was more of a dull, thudding roar. Weiland's obsession with using a megaphone and his off-putting stage manner didn't help.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Ali
Legend

« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2007, 04:10:38 PM »

From a review of the show...sounds like comments here.

One wanted to like Velvet Revolver, the quintet featuring ex-Guns N' Roses members and Stone Temple Pilots singer Scott Weiland, but the band's set failed to ignite. Slash's guitar chewed through the mix like a buzz saw, but most of the time the music was more of a dull, thudding roar. Weiland's obsession with using a megaphone and his off-putting stage manner didn't help.

I have to say that it annoyed the shit out of me when he was using the megaphone on "It's So Easy".  I think it took away from the song, which in the case of the show I saw, was arguably the most passionate and energetic song of the night.

Ali
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2007, 02:19:43 AM »

I have to say that it annoyed the shit out of me when he was using the megaphone on "It's So Easy".

I've been saying that for years, the megaphone has to go, he overuses that. My brother in law even complained about it after we saw them in St Paul last month and he rarely complains about concerts.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2007, 02:25:39 AM »

its cuz he aint got the pipes to scream.  so he yells into that stupid megaphone.

holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2007, 12:34:51 AM »

its cuz he aint got the pipes to scream.  so he yells into that stupid megaphone.

Yeah it was really obvious on Its So Easy, he couldn't scream like Axl does at the end of the song so he used the megaphone and it didn't turn out real well IMO. It seems like he is using it more these days though and thats not a good thing.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2007, 04:57:14 AM »

yeh the megaphone wuld be cool for like ONE song, maybe two.    and defintely not a GnR song which these peoples shouldn't be playing in the first place.
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2007, 05:37:33 AM »

People have been playing other people's songs since the beginning of time. Both Slash and Duff have writing credits on "It's So Easy", so you could even argue that they are playing their own songs. I can't understand why some people on this board have a problem with that. Would you tell Hendrix to stop playing "All Along the Watchtower"?

(Edit for a typo)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2007, 10:45:23 AM »

People have been playing other people's songs since the beginning of time. Both Slash and Duff have writing credits on "It's So Easy", so you could even argue that they are playing their own songs. I can't understand why some people on this board have a problem with that. Would you tell Hendrix to stop playing "All Along the Watchtower"?

(Edit for a typo)

You only mention one song.

They play more than one GN'R song you know?

Anyway, they mention It's So Easy as an example of where Scott has to use a megaphone because he doesn't have the range to sing it properly.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2007, 11:07:35 AM »

They have writing credits for Mr Brownstone too. Whatever.

I don't see what the big problem is. Even if you deem these songs as not "belonging" to Slash and Duff, they still have as much right to play them than any band who covers someone else. Do you have a problem with GNR playing "Knocking On Heaven's Door", "Live and Let Die", "Mama Kin", "Nice Boys", "Down on the Farm" etc?
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2007, 11:23:35 AM »

There are certain songs that just have Guns N' Roses written all over them.

In considering the longstanding rift/history between the old members and Axl, it's just inappropriate under the circumstances.

A number of songs simply 'belong' to Guns N' Roses and all that the name stands for. (notice present tense).

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2007, 01:21:10 PM »

In considering the longstanding rift/history between the old members and Axl, it's just inappropriate under the circumstances.

A number of songs simply 'belong' to Guns N' Roses and all that the name stands for. (notice present tense).

Well, there's not much point arguing with that logic.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2007, 12:47:50 AM »

Well, there's not much point arguing with that logic.

What logic?  There's nothing inappropriate about it. 
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 12:07:36 AM by lynn1961 » Logged
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2007, 01:13:16 PM »

The problem is not that VR plays GN'R songs.
The problem is that those (otherwise average) GN'R songs are the highlights of their shows even for the unbiased critics.

By average I by no means mean bad. Just that those are not the big guns of GN'R.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: