Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:19:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Paul Black on early GN'R/Izzy
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paul Black on early GN'R/Izzy  (Read 4408 times)
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« on: August 09, 2007, 09:13:52 AM »

LINK TO METALSLUDGE INTERVIEW:http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1282&Itemid=52

BBG: Why did you leave L.A. Guns when you were about to sign a record deal?

Paul: I was the main songwriter, along with Tracii, and I started the band but right about the time we were about to get signed ?Guns n? Roses had just gotten signed ? and we all kind of continued to be the bad boys of rock n? roll. We did a lot of partying, me and Izzy (Stradlin, Guns n? Roses rhythm guitarist) we?re doing a lot of heroin together. Right before we were getting ready to be signed to Polygram; me and Izzy had gotten busted copping dope. We spent some time in jail. Really, just overnight in jail but we were facing charges and that sparked a lot of rumors that Guns n? Roses would lose their deal with Geffen over the drug and heroin use. It was very apparent that I was very strung out on drugs and partying a little too much, and it scared our label. Basically our management, a guy named Alan Jones, was friends with Phil Lewis. Alan said that L.A. Guns could have record deal, but "you need to let us put our singer in there." So our management bought a ticket for Phil Lewis to fly over (from England) so he could replace me. Tracii always said that he felt really bad that he didn?t stick up for me, and I guess he felt Phil was filling the job good enough. That happened 20 years ago and its all water under the bridge now. Tracii and I have buried the hatchet and become friends again. It caused a lot of bitterness, because not only was I replaced, but they also used my songs for the first two records, which were really successful. Phil Lewis got the credit for my songs. To this day, he?s still taking credit for my songs. I sued them and got my credit back, but the lawsuit dragged out for three years and I couldn?t sign my new band when I was in a lawsuit with a major label, and it caused bad feelings all around. I think it probably held L.A. Guns back a little too. We don?t know what the future holds for L.A. Guns and this lineup, but we have a tight unit right now. Tracii?s son (Jeremy) is doing a great job on bass. He?s 24 years old. Full of energy, looks great, he?s just like we were back in the day.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 09:22:09 AM »

maybe ex-gunners or something Huh
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 12:15:43 PM »

tracii's son in 24years old?! god damn!! wich means he must have been 17/18 when he got him.... 

cool peace

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
isa
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 07:57:24 PM »

pretty bad, what they did to him, n according tracii's son, woa tracii is a little younger than Izzy n Axl, n yes he might have him when he was 17, but good that he's a rocker too ok
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 09:12:36 AM »

Nice read. Thanks for posting.

Fuck 'Em All.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 01:38:08 AM »

Yes, I've always thought that Tracii was older than Axl.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 11:28:45 AM »

phil lewis is still the shit even if he didnt write all the songs.

html sucks
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: