Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 08:39:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228005 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The last days of Kurt Cobain
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The last days of Kurt Cobain  (Read 16359 times)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2007, 09:34:57 AM »

Trent Reznor was the revolution. Nirvana was devolution.

oh please, i can count on one hand the number of bands they influenced. Manson and stabbing westward....c'mon.  After grunge it was just lame attempt after lame attempt to be "the next big thing".  things might have been cool at the time, but they got so played out so quickly.  hard to believe limp bizkut used to be cool.  or that people actually bought kid rock records.  or that creed sold millions of albums. 

early pearl jam and Korn, tool and pantera are the only good things that came out of the 90s.

NIN was there 5 years before Nirvana...  Tongue
nirvana influenced retards... just like George Bush does.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2007, 09:37:39 AM »

Axl was even influenced by Kurt

Say what?
GeraldFord
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2007, 10:13:56 AM »

Say what?

Absolutely. Kurt was swimming with dolphins are far back as 1991. Axl just jumped on the bandwagon!
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2007, 01:13:17 PM »

Trent Reznor was the revolution. Nirvana was devolution.

oh please, i can count on one hand the number of bands they influenced. Manson and stabbing westward....c'mon.? After grunge it was just lame attempt after lame attempt to be "the next big thing".? things might have been cool at the time, but they got so played out so quickly.? hard to believe limp bizkut used to be cool.? or that people actually bought kid rock records.? or that creed sold millions of albums.?

early pearl jam and Korn, tool and pantera are the only good things that came out of the 90s.

NIN was there 5 years before Nirvana...? Tongue
nirvana influenced retards... just like George Bush does.

What's your point?? Why bring politics and basically bashing Americans whether you realize it or not into a Curt Cobain thread.? I may not be a big fan of Nirvana either but your statement has nothing to do with this thread.? Stay on topic my young friend.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2007, 01:25:01 PM »

Say what?

'tis true.? I can't find the original interview but Axl was talking about a particular day on tour where he was really down and he was able to get through it because of Nirvana's music -- something to that effect.? He said how it must have been such a huge "mind fuck" to rise to fame the way they did and that he wanted to support Kurt Cobain any way he could.? If anyone remembers which article this is, please let me know.? Also, I had read at the time that he tried to book Nirvana as the opening act for the GnR/Metallica tour.? I think it wasn't until Kurt Cobain started attacking Axl in interviews that the feud began.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 01:31:38 PM by Natasha23 » Logged
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2007, 04:11:14 PM »

Say what?

'tis true.? I can't find the original interview but Axl was talking about a particular day on tour where he was really down and he was able to get through it because of Nirvana's music -- something to that effect.? He said how it must have been such a huge "mind fuck" to rise to fame the way they did and that he wanted to support Kurt Cobain any way he could.? If anyone remembers which article this is, please let me know.? Also, I had read at the time that he tried to book Nirvana as the opening act for the GnR/Metallica tour.? I think it wasn't until Kurt Cobain started attacking Axl in interviews that the feud began.

That?s true, and i can really understand Nirvana for not taking part in the GNR/Metallica toru..Nirvana was just as big as the other 2 in 1992,,But it would have been really cool to see..

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2007, 06:09:47 PM »

Say what?

That?s true, and i can really understand Nirvana for not taking part in the GNR/Metallica toru..Nirvana was just as big as the other 2 in 1992,,But it would have been really cool to see..

I don't know if I agree with that 100%. Nirvana were becoming huge around that time but I am pretty sure theres no chance they could have filled any of the places GnR and Metallica were playing seperate, let alone on the same bill. I'm actually pretty sure they never did play anywhere that big. It's the same situation as AFD coming out and being huge but guns were still opening for Aerosmith. That said, it woulda been an amazing opportunity for them at the time (not that they ended up needing it) and I wonder how Dave and Noveselic felt about having to turn it down because Kurt had a problem with Axl for seemingly no other reason than Kurt being pretentious. It's that weird paradox a couple people have mentioned already and cited Kurt as being hypocritical, and I think it was even in his diary they published, where Kurt is doing the things you do to become famous yet acting like he hates all of it to try and stay true to some independant art thing.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2007, 06:30:28 PM »

that sums up the entire grunge movement though!!!  here were all these guys coming out with the "deep" lyrics, jeans and flannels, very "normal" "down to earth" guys but they were all raking in the cash the same way the 80s musicians were.  they just weren't making over the top videos like November rain and don't cry.  the image was different but pearl jam, nirvana, stp, sound garden were far from these moody independent depressed deep musicians they all wanted us to think they were. 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2007, 09:58:01 PM »

that sums up the entire grunge movement though!!!? here were all these guys coming out with the "deep" lyrics, jeans and flannels, very "normal" "down to earth" guys but they were all raking in the cash the same way the 80s musicians were.? they just weren't making over the top videos like November rain and don't cry.? the image was different but pearl jam, nirvana, stp, sound garden were far from these moody independent depressed deep musicians they all wanted us to think they were.?

I think Vedder, Cornell and Weiland were posers to a degree but COBAIN KILLED HIMSELF

HELLO

I don't think his depression etc was an act.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2007, 10:04:27 PM »

so killing yourself gives you street cred?  Can you please tell Fall Out Boy that?  rofl

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2007, 11:17:44 PM »

so killing yourself gives you street cred?? Can you please tell Fall Out Boy that?? rofl

I think act ually killing yourself does give u street cred

Same reason 2Pac and Biggie have the street cred they will always have.

I mean Kurt always seemed so depressed and so miserable, so the fact he killed himself kind of proves he was for real.

I hate how people say "He Cursed fame but embraced it"

Thats real easy to fuckin criticize when u havent walked a mile in his shoes.

I don't care how REAL U ARE, Fortune and fame will tease even the most distraught and uninterested person to a degree.

I think Cobain realized he was becoming everything he ever hated which had a huge part in his suicide. Embracing the fame,money etc left him so conflicted cause half of him wanted to stop but the other half wouldn't let him so he did the only thing he could:

He killed himself.

Don't get much more credible than that.

Fall out boy! LOL! What A Gay ass shit band.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2007, 12:25:05 AM »

He was 4 days into a dope sickness, the most painful time, also the time when the brain chemistry is most out of whack. He was trying to get clean, does anyone know if he used that morning. That always causes a lot of regret when trying to get clean.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2007, 12:39:23 AM »

artists that die or are killed in their prime are always revered more than those that are are past the high point in their careers.  dying early doesn't mean you were good, it just means nobody had time to see you turn to shit, get old and your abilities decline.  same goes for athletes and actors...

they had 2 studio albums, thats really not a lot is it?

if fred durst shot himself in the head after their second album, would you see people wearing "fred forever" shirts?  You might.

stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2007, 01:40:55 AM »

He was 4 days into a dope sickness, the most painful time, also the time when the brain chemistry is most out of whack. He was trying to get clean, does anyone know if he used that morning. That always causes a lot of regret when trying to get clean.

So he should have adjusted his dose accordingly then.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
CSS
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2007, 02:01:49 AM »

Yeah...

That's the easiest thing on earth when you've been a drug addict for years.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2007, 02:06:46 AM »

Sad, he was trying to get clean........4 days in......poor guy.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2007, 02:15:25 AM »

There would have been no need to adjust it, his tolerance would have been the same;

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2007, 02:31:17 AM »

oh; I see.....

So, what my student wrote about there being enough heroin in his system to kill 3 people is true then.

Say, did River Phoenix die in the same year?

« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 02:35:20 AM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2007, 02:52:14 AM »

oh; I see.....

So, what my student wrote about there being enough heroin in his system to kill 3 people is true then.

Say, did River Phoenix die in the same year?

River died in 1993.  I had heard that because he lived such a healthy life style, he thought his body would be more equipped to handle doing drugs. 
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2007, 02:57:40 AM »

oh; I see.....

Definitely, to some one without a tolerance. I've seen people with enough dope to kill 10 "normal" people in them. So he did use before he died then. Heroin has a very short half life and then is metabolized to morphine like substances. If someone didn't use for 4 days, there would be no metabolites in their system.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: