Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:34:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Report: Pentagon Has 3-Day Plan to Knock Out Iran's Military
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Report: Pentagon Has 3-Day Plan to Knock Out Iran's Military  (Read 23649 times)
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2007, 06:40:41 PM »

doesn't the US have lazers and shit ready at all times to blow nukes out of the air when they start flying or are they not done building them yet?

a quote from that 70s show comes to mind "if theres a war i'll see you in canada man" rofl

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2007, 06:57:46 PM »

Posturing, that's it.

Just as Iran does.

Iran is setting itself up to be its region's dominant power. I think it would use any means necessary to achieve this, including nuclear blackmail. 

Yea, Iraq has WMD too.

What is "Nuclear blackmail"?

I'm not going there at all. We have a whole other thread on Iraq. This case is different. Iran admits and the rest of the world knows they are developing nuclear technology. Iran says they wish to wipe Israel off the map. Iran from its actions is trying to become the dominant power in the region. If they had nukes, I think they surely would threaten to use them to get what they wanted from other countries.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
DevilHatesALoser
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2007, 06:58:26 PM »

doesn't the US have lazers and shit ready at all times to blow nukes out of the air when they start flying or are they not done building them yet?

a quote from that 70s show comes to mind "if theres a war i'll see you in canada man" rofl

peace

Why is that acceptable to say? ?If you live under the blanket of security your nation provides and the quality of life it gives you, why would you not defend it or answer its call. ?It sickens me that today's generation has lost its sense of duty and patriotism. ?This is why America will eventually fail, no one is willing to take a stand or do anything that requires sacrifice on their part. ?And what makes you so sure Canada would want people that run away form their civic responsibility. ?I sure as hell wouldn't advertize my country as a safe haven for cowards.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2007, 07:15:29 PM »

I'm not going there at all. We have a whole other thread on Iraq. This case is different. Iran admits and the rest of the world knows they are developing nuclear technology. Iran says they wish to wipe Israel off the map. Iran from its actions is trying to become the dominant power in the region. If they had nukes, I think they surely would threaten to use them to get what they wanted from other countries.

Israel is the fourth largest nuclear power in the world and could wipe Iran off the map in a matter of minutes. Iran knows that and is talking tough. That's it.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 07:28:20 PM by Pharmo-Years » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2007, 07:16:18 PM »

This is why America will eventually fail, no one is willing to take a stand or do anything that requires sacrifice on their part.  And what makes you so sure Canada would want people that run away form their civic responsibility.  I sure as hell wouldn't advertize my country as a safe haven for cowards.

It will fail because of liars such as yourself.
DevilHatesALoser
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2007, 07:34:54 PM »

Wow, you are on a role.  Even you know that I'm a hell of alot more in touch with America and the principles of this nation than you could ever aspire to be.  Simply put, you're a coward who has avoided difficult situations your entire life.  What is so hysterical though is the only difference between you and Haliburton is the paycheck - which just proves what a loser you are.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2007, 07:36:22 PM »

Wow, you are on a role.  Even you know that I'm a hell of alot more in touch with America and the principles of this nation than you could ever aspire to be.  Simply put, you're a coward who has avoided difficult situations your entire life.  What is so hysterical though is the only difference between you and Haliburton is the paycheck - which just proves what a loser you are.

It will fail because of liars such as yourself.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2007, 07:51:59 PM »

I got a ten minute plan, just push the button and drop the bomb.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2007, 10:27:26 PM »

Bush's "End Game"?

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2007, 10:32:47 PM »

Why is that acceptable to say?

i said it as a joke Roll Eyes

?If you live under the blanket of security your nation provides and the quality of life it gives you, why would you not defend it or answer its call.

would you wanna work for Bush? ?honestly

?It sickens me that today's generation has lost its sense of duty and patriotism. ?This is why America will eventually fail,

American youth hasn't lost the sence of duty and patriotism but they have lost the sence of taste in music though.

not me though Grin i like G'n'R

no one is willing to take a stand or do anything that requires sacrifice on their part. ?

hey, i'll be the first to volumteer to press the red button and wipe all those fuckers of the face of the earth.

And what makes you so sure Canada would want people that run away form their civic responsibility.

aren't the majority of you people up there french?

Even you know that I'm a hell of alot more in touch with America and the principles of this nation than you could ever aspire to be.

If you live in Canada then why the hell do you care? and if your so in touch with Americas ways then why don't you move here and be drafted?
(Provided there is one at the time)

I got a ten minute plan, just push the button and drop the bomb.

damn right man, i'll agree to that. beer

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
GeraldFord
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2007, 10:39:22 PM »

Wow, you are on a role.? Even you know that I'm a hell of alot more in touch with America and the principles of this nation than you could ever aspire to be.? Simply put, you're a coward who has avoided difficult situations your entire life.? What is so hysterical though is the only difference between you and Haliburton is the paycheck - which just proves what a loser you are.
Dim....yup.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2007, 10:51:47 PM »

The title of this thread makes me say, "Duh."  I would hope the Pentagon has a plan to destroy the military capabilities of any potential adversary in days.  The outrageous % of my tax money that goes into military spending (highest on this planet by a veeeeerrrrrrrry large margin) must pay for the best equipment and planning.

Now, do we launch a pre-emptive strike on Iran?  Of course not.  That would be foolish.  The US should continue down the road of economic sanctions, pursuing self-sufficient fuel reserves and alternatives to oil, building a coalition of civilized nations to condemn Iran's aggressive rhetoric especially in regards to Israel's existence, and promoting soft revolution from within Iran by its own people.  If Iran comes within a year of nuclear power capable of supporting a bomb, Israel will bomb them 25 years into reverse...and rightfully so.  Israel's a big boy that can take care of itself.  ok

Bush is stupid...but he's not stupid enough to give the orders to invade Iran.  That's my $.02. 
 peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2007, 11:58:28 PM »

Bush is stupid...but he's not stupid enough to give the orders to invade Iran.  That's my $.02. 

No, not invade, but strike aerially.  Such strikes can be more easily sold to the public and then the administration would have a new, intense justification for continuing and extending their efforts in Iraq.  They would also drastically change the dynamic of the 2008 race.  Theres plenty of benefits to this course of action for an administration desperate to reclaim its relevance and avoid further losing its war, and with little to lose.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2007, 01:24:51 AM »

No, not invade, but strike aerially.  Such strikes can be more easily sold to the public and then the administration would have a new, intense justification for continuing and extending their efforts in Iraq.  They would also drastically change the dynamic of the 2008 race.  Theres plenty of benefits to this course of action for an administration desperate to reclaim its relevance and avoid further losing its war, and with little to lose.

agreed.  no way even Bush would authorize an invasion involving troops on the ground.  this would be as low US casualty as possible, as far from civilians as possible (I hope, last thing we need is more footage for an AQ recruitment video).  This admin needs a victory - an air war/attack is the surest thing the US would have to one.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2007, 02:31:24 AM »

peace

Why is that acceptable to say?  If you live under the blanket of security your nation provides and the quality of life it gives you, why would you not defend it or answer its call.  It sickens me that today's generation has lost its sense of duty and patriotism.  This is why America will eventually fail, no one is willing to take a stand or do anything that requires sacrifice on their part.  And what makes you so sure Canada would want people that run away form their civic responsibility.  I sure as hell wouldn't advertize my country as a safe haven for cowards.

ww2, pearl harbor - i agree with you.  I don't think draft dodging was really an issue back then though.

vietnam, iraq - thats not defending your country - its being sent to the meat grinder.  if you're a soldier, you don't get to pick the wars, its your job to do as you are ordered.  if you're a civilian of age who could be drafted and you 110% disagree with the war (in my two examples, wars that never should have been started), don't you think standing up, saying that out loud, risking jail time, is actually courageous?  I think taking a stand for what you believe in takes the biggest balls.

As for duty and patriotism, I would guess the kids who signed up after 9-11 to fight in Afghanistan didn't think they would wind up fighting a bullshit war in Iraq.

If you want to talk cowards, I think we should point the finger at all the chicken hawks who are for this war but won't sign up to fight for it.  not believing in a war and not wanting to fight for it - that makes sense to me.  being for a war and telling someone else to go fight it - thats just a giant pussy/hypocrite.

DevilHatesALoser
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2007, 02:41:07 AM »

How is going to canada taking a stand?  To me that seems like aversion.  Secondly, this country is a democracy, so any military action we take is validated through the democratic process.  For the draft to be active again, Congress and thus Democracy would be responsible.  So the elected leaders of this nation would be condoning the war/military action.  If you're that much of a rebel, don't register for the draft.  Don't reap the benefits of being registered and the blessings this country offers if you're just going to run.

I'm sorry, but no one remembers those who fled to Canada during Vietnam as heroes or patriots.  If not for that moron Carter, they'd still be considered criminals - instead they're considered cowards.  Plenty of people disagreed with the war, but they answered the call and went anyway.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2007, 02:49:24 AM »

How is going to canada taking a stand?  To me that seems like aversion.  Secondly, this country is a democracy, so any military action we take is validated through the democratic process.  For the draft to be active again, Congress and thus Democracy would be responsible.  So the elected leaders of this nation would be condoning the war/military action.  If you're that much of a rebel, don't register for the draft.  Don't reap the benefits of being registered and the blessings this country offers if you're just going to run.

I'm sorry, but no one remembers those who fled to Canada during Vietnam as heroes or patriots.  If not for that moron Carter, they'd still be considered criminals - instead they're considered cowards.  Plenty of people disagreed with the war, but they answered the call and went anyway.

one of those draft dodgers became president.  And I don't mean Wubya  hihi

and surprise, you missed my point entirely.  theres a reason the vietnam war was so unpopular, theres a reason people dodged the draft.  theres a reason that actual soldiers are refusing to go to iraq to fight (while i don't think they are justified, i can sympathize with where they are coming from, but they should still fulfill their duty).  I'm talking about civilians being forced to fight a bullshit war.

and you completely avoided my comment about the iraq war chicken hawks.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2007, 02:50:37 AM »

Bigtime.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2007, 02:55:47 AM »

How is going to canada taking a stand?? To me that seems like aversion.? Secondly, this country is a democracy, so any military action we take is validated through the democratic process.? For the draft to be active again, Congress and thus Democracy would be responsible.? So the elected leaders of this nation would be condoning the war/military action.? If you're that much of a rebel, don't register for the draft.? Don't reap the benefits of being registered and the blessings this country offers if you're just going to run.

I'm sorry, but no one remembers those who fled to Canada during Vietnam as heroes or patriots.? If not for that moron Carter, they'd still be considered criminals - instead they're considered cowards.? Plenty of people disagreed with the war, but they answered the call and went anyway.

first off you need to re-read my post and the post of others SECOND you don't know shit about the people that were Vietnam. Not even the heros were remembered cause when they came home from all that bullshit our own american people came home to angry liberals hippies and the like spitting on them cause they had to kill some children. Children with bombs attached to them so they had reason to kill them. (provided there are many more reasons, but that one comes to mind)

why don't you go watch the history channel or know your facts before you try to start something about a war that happeded years ago.

btw, I think your safe though, because canada will never have a war. They'll just surender it to what ever country comes knockin' first. Maybe not in the west part of canada but the east part where all the french live, they'll be begging for a pen to sign over there land before those pussys ever pick up a gun.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 02:59:51 AM by CHINESE DEMOCRACY eventually » Logged

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
DevilHatesALoser
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2007, 03:06:58 AM »

What is there to say?  I can't expect congressman and Presidents to go off to war.  Do I get pissed off everytime I see some rich college Republican talk about how important the war is while they sip on their Natti light, you bet your ass.  As I told you all many times, I was against the war from day 1.  I was a CR, and I constantly argued with the chickenhawks.  I don't address it because it isn't worth addressing.  Just like I don't respect liberals who have never served and their opinions on how the military should be ran.  I call bullshit on both sides.  The Hannity's who are too good to serve and would never dare dawn the uniform and the Moore's who view anyone who does bear the uniform as morons who were duped.

To make it perfectly clear, I take issue with anyone who wants to send our military into harms way without ever have been part of that institution.  However that may be, that doesn't necessarily negate their arguments and make them wrong.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: