Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 13, 2024, 04:48:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228033 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Libertad discussion
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Libertad discussion  (Read 84364 times)
Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2007, 06:30:20 PM »

The band has announced that the first single will be She Builds Quick Machine, according to a Chilean fan who saw them at Santiago.

True: And here is a clip of the song! ITS GREAT!!! *btw, at the start is some voiceover but it fades away, listen to the end solo, ITS AWESOME!!!  beer drool smoking * http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45wiR4KryZA
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2007, 06:35:34 PM »

The band has announced that the first single will be She Builds Quick Machine, according to a Chilean fan who saw them at Santiago.

True: And here is a clip of the song! ITS GREAT!!! *btw, at the start is some voiceover but it fades away, listen to the end solo, ITS AWESOME!!!? beer drool smoking * http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45wiR4KryZA

IMO the solo is the only gooooood thing.. the "what u give, is what you................." part really dont fit the song IMO at least not of what i've heard yet, i might be a lil' harsh and can change my mind later but that's how i feel now..
GeraldFord
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2007, 10:22:52 PM »

You can pre-order the import:

http://www.amazon.com/Libertad-Velvet-Revolver/dp/B000OXEOA0/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/002-3212443-0144811?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1176776206&sr=8-2
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2007, 10:25:37 PM »

It took me a few listens to really like Contraband, So the fact i hate She builds quick machines and Let It Roll hopefully isnt a bad sign.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2007, 09:54:07 AM »

Acccording to Blabbermouth, Libertad has been pushed back to July-Duff says SCQM was the single record company wanted to release, the band wanted a different song. Interesting

libertad
AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2007, 02:33:48 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0FW8c1sW5w&NR=1
let it roll
dissapointing, they are so lucky slash is tht good

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2007, 02:38:56 PM »

Acccording to Blabbermouth, Libertad has been pushed back to July-Duff says SCQM was the single record company wanted to release, the band wanted a different song. Interesting

Yeah, he said they wanted This fight could be the last fight, and judging from the 30 seconds or so from the Vlog, I think it was the better song.
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2007, 03:54:12 PM »

Yeah, he said they wanted This fight could be the last fight, and judging from the 30 seconds or so from the Vlog, I think it was the better song.

I think so too, or at least get out the door, both seem like they would be a lot more appealing and easy to digest for the public. Although I'm going to save my final judgement for when i hear the studio version of SBQM.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2007, 04:46:23 PM »

damn, these two new songs are not very good.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2007, 07:51:41 PM »

Looks as though us Aussie VR fans are getting Libertad first in the world - June 30th ok

http://www.sanity.com.au/product/rockpop.asp?sku=-930260

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2007, 07:59:59 PM »

Uh Oh People. As you may know, Libertad will be a DVD/CD or plain CD release, but read This! I got this from another forum btw:
                  Apparently Avril Lavigne's new album *Which is by Sony, which is why it affects us*, which came out the same day as NIN's and debuted at the top of the charts, came in two versions. You could get the single CD, generally for $9.99, or the deluxe CD/DVD package, for around $16.99. Seems like a pretty easy decision, right: do I value the DVD or not?

But--haHA--Sony/BMG has apparently made it not that simple a decision because they did three other things with this release:

1. They made censored and uncensored versions.

2. They didn't label the censored version as "censored" and the uncensored version as "explicit", so the customer has no idea which they're getting.

3. They issued the censored version as a single CD only. And they issued the explicit version as a deluxe, more expensive, CD/DVD package.

Way to go, Sony/BMG.

http://idolator.com/tunes/sony-bmg/why-does-avril-lavignes-label-have-to-make-things-so-complicated-255274.php
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2007, 08:04:22 PM »

Most Cd's get a censored released version too. do to Wal-Mart not selling Cd's that aren't .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2007, 08:07:18 PM »

Yeah but if they dont Tell you which is censored and which isnt.....Im gonna worried that mine is  crying FUCK YOU SONY!!!!!!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2007, 08:09:48 PM »

Yeah but if they dont Tell you which is censored and which isnt.....Im gonna worried that mine is  crying FUCK YOU SONY!!!!!!

there isn't a difference as far as the cd for Avril . the dvd thing it what caused it to have a partial sticker .

Just make sure you don't buy the thing from wal-mart.

Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2007, 08:56:29 PM »

Yeah, but the reports were from Best Buy  crying crying
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2007, 09:05:03 PM »

Yeah, but the reports were from Best Buy  crying crying

yeah but what I'm saying is that the actual music cd is the same. Just the version with a DVD has a parental sticker on it.

Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2007, 09:13:09 PM »

Nope, reports were that any profanity on the CD one was bleeped out. Click that link above you
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2007, 09:19:14 PM »

Nope, reports were that any profanity on the CD one was bleeped out. Click that link above you

really damn . whelp my bad sir.

Just ask the sales clerk at the store and if he tell you wrong go back and return the thing and kick the clerks ass.

Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2007, 10:12:15 PM »

avrils new cd has alot of bleeped out fucks and shits on the single disc version

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2007, 07:02:14 PM »

From Blabbermouth.net

VELVET REVOLVER 'Quietly Falling Apart' During Making Of New Album - May 16, 2007

Launch Radio Networks reports: VELVET REVOLVER's new album, called "Libertad", comes out on July 3, but for a while it looked like it might not come out at all. Bassist Duff McKagan told Launch that even though the band started working with producer Rick Rubin and writing songs, he was worried that Rubin and the group weren't pulling together. "I wasn't nervous, it was just kinda happening, you know," he said. "It was quietly falling apart. I don't know what my emotion was about it, so I can say it now because we all kind of talk about it. It was just a drag, 'cause we just didn't have a goal. We didn't have a date booked for the recording studio, we didn't know when we'd have a record out, we didn't know what we were writing so many songs for."

The band ultimately parted ways with Rubin and hired PEARL JAM producer Brendan O'Brien, who got the band back on track.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: