Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:06:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread  (Read 183050 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2005, 07:02:21 PM »

Singer Sammy Hagar recently spoke to Billboard.com about VAN HALEN's 2004 reunion tour and his current solo trek, which he has dubbed "The Tequila Made Me Do It".

According to Hagar, the VAN HALEN reunion didn't work out as planned, and he places the blame almost solely with guitarist Edward Van Halen.

"The VAN HALEN thing wasn't a horrible experience, but it wasn't a great experience," he recalled. "I don't get along with Eddie anymore, and that's all there is to it. I think the whole world knows that he's changed. He used to be a great guy, a fun guy, but now he's miserable and he likes to make everyone around him miserable.

He continued: "And I'm the happiest guy on the planet, y'know? Anybody who makes me miserable, I don't want to be around. That's a simple way to put it; I don't like being around Eddie. He's not any fun."

Hagar said, hopefully, that "maybe he'll change back, and then we can do it again." But he added that things definitely ended badly. "We almost got into it after the last show," he said. "They just pulled him one way and me the other. We didn't even say goodbye to each other. It was a horrible way to end the whole thing, so I just said 'Man, that's it for me. I'm not playing with people like this."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2005, 12:59:06 AM »

Does Eddie have some emotional problems, or is he drinking way too much, or what?  What happened to him?  Maybe a little does of Diamond Dave will help his spirits?   ok

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2005, 01:16:51 PM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: Sammy Hagar is excited about launching his brief "The Tequila Made Me Do It" tour this weekend, and just as excited about playing with his first band, MONTROSE. The group, which initially reunited in 2003, will play three shows with Hagar this month. The Red Rocker told Launch he expects the performances to be special. "We've done this once before, and it was phenomenal," he said. "It was so good I can't even tell you. It was better than it ever was. Well everyone's grown up. You know, we left on bad terms. You know, I got thrown out of that band ? well, everybody did. Ronnie (Montrose) threw us out one at a time. You know, after you grow up and you get through all that, and there's a new respect between all of us."

MONTROSE was formed in 1974 by guitarist Ronnie Montrose after he left the EDGAR WINTER GROUP. The original lineup recorded just one album, while Hagar was with the band for two.

MONTROSE will play the tour kickoff on Saturday (August 6) in Independence Township, Michigan, plus dates on August 13 in Lake Tahoe, Nevada, and August 14 in Concord, California.

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2005, 06:28:43 PM »

has anyone read The Dirt, the Motley Crue book.......theres a real funny part about when DLR use to go to their place n' he wouldnt share any of his coke and one day he was  cutting his shit up and something smashed on his head but he was that fucked he didnt even know.

funny shit
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 03:12:38 AM by ClintroN - NIN BOUND » Logged

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2005, 08:38:55 PM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: Sammy Hagar is ready to launch his brief "The Tequila Made Me Do It" tour on Saturday (August 6), which will be the prototype for the kind of shows he hopes to put on in the future. Besides performances by Hagar, his WABORITAS, and MONTROSE, the concerts will include beach volleyball games, a "Sammy-oke" karaoke stage, mariachi bands, and photo ops with donkeys wearing sombreros. Hagar told Launch he's out to create a "lifestyle experience" rather than just another rock concert. "We have a direction and a lifestyle and a way we want to live. It's, you know, beach by day and dancing all night, basically, you know," he said. "To me it's all about keeping my fans happy, giving them a little direction if I can find it for them and turning them on to anything I get turned onto, and that's it."

The first "The Tequila Made Me Do It" show takes place in Independence Township, Michigan.

Hagar is using the profits from his Cabo Wabo tequila brand to keep ticket prices low, and he previously told us that he hopes to make future concerts free for his fans.

Hagar will reunite with MONTROSE at two other shows, on August 13 in Lake Tahoe, Nevada, and August 14 in Concord, California.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2005, 05:15:37 PM »

has anyone read The Dirt, the Motley Crue book.......theres a real funny part about when DLR use to go to their place n' he wouldnt share any of his coke and one day he was consintrating on cutting his shit up and something smashed on his head but he was that fucked he didnt even know.

funny shit

Yeah, that was one of a hundred awesome little stories in that book.  I was surprised that Roth was hanging out with them before they even got big.  Its funny though cause the way they talk anout it, Roth was kinda like the creepy older guy who won't leave them alone and is always trying to crash there party. 

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2005, 04:40:13 PM »

After two years of research, and a lifetime of being a VAN HALEN fan, author Abel Sanchez has completed a brand new VAN HALEN book. Entitled "Van Halen 101", it is currently being published by Author House and slated for release in September 2005.

"Van Halen 101" is a comprehensive guide to the amazing history, music, impact and influence of the mighty VAN HALEN. From the birth of the Van Halen brothers all the way up to the recent 2004 tour, it's all here. The book includes a foreword by Brian May of QUEEN, as well as a tribute to Edward Van Halen by over 100 of the world's greatest musicians! From Allan Holdsworth and Steve Vai to James Hetfield and Zakk Wylde, over 100 of the baddest musicians on the planet came forward to personally share their thoughts, memories and stories about EVH. There's plenty of commentary on VAN HALEN, the band, too. In fact, here are a few excerpts of the commentary you will find inside this book:

"Without a doubt, Eddie Van Halen is the greatest guitar player who has ever lived." ? Zakk Wylde

"I always thought Edward was great. He's a fantastic guitar player." ? Allan Holdsworth

"What a wonderful musician...absolutely the pinnacle of guitar playing in our lifetime." ? Brian May

"Eddie Van Halen is certainly one of the top innovative virtuosos in history." ? Ted Nugent

"I think Eddie Van Halen is the Godfather of shred guitar. He is 'the one.'" ? Mark Tremonti

As the icing on the cake, the book comes complete with "an absolutely phenomenal" cover shot provided by none other than legendary rock n' roll photographer Neil Zlozower. Guitar World magazine's Alan Paul recently stated after receiving an advanced copy, "I liked what I read a lot. This book is a labor of love and all true VH fans will love it."

"Van Halen 101" not only covers and discusses Edward Van Halen and the band in great detail, it also features and gives major respect to many different players, including Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Allan Holdsworth and Randy Rhoads. In fact, there is even a chapter dedicated to the late, great Randy Rhoads where the author brought in none other than Kevin DuBrow, frontman for Randy's original band, QUIET RIOT. Kevin discusses everything from how he and Randy met and formed QUIET RIOT to what it was like to play the same club scene as VAN HALEN during the mid-to-late 1970s and witness their growth as a band. The book includes a detailed album-by-album discography, as well as an "FAQ" section, which focuses on and breaks down everything from the elements that make Edward Van Halen a great guitarist and the story of the Frankenstrat to the story of Edward's legendary collaboration with Quincy Jones and Michael Jackson on "Beat It" and the story of "Eruption". There's even a chapter dedicated to "tapping," which explains the history of tapping and includes fresh commentary from such legendary players such as Steve Hackett and Harvey "The Snake" Mandel.

Stay tuned for details in the very near future as to the price of this book, along with precisely where you can order it for the lowest price available.

All questions concerning this project can be sent directly to the author at: VanHalen101@hotmail.com.

MikeB
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2005, 11:11:12 AM »

God bless the great Eddie Van Halen. beer
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2005, 10:00:08 PM »

Maybe Van Halen should do a Gary Cheronr Reunion tour. That'll lift Eddie's spirits! Shocked Cheesy

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2005, 01:11:20 PM »

The Cabo Club has announced that Sammy Hagar will play his world-famous Cabo Wabo Cantina for the annual "A Shot at the Cabo Wabo and Birthday Bash".

"A Shot at the Cabo Wabo" will take place on October 1, to be followed by the "Birthday Bash" on October 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 and 13.

Sammy Hagar stated, "I need a night to recover in between shows." When asked about guest stars for this year's festivities, Sammy continued, "Mikey [Anthony], of VAN HALEN fame, will be joining us for a few nights." He also said, "Kenny Chesney is threatening to come down to Cabo again this year!"

At last year's Baja Blowout, Kenny Chesney's band tore up numerous David Lee Roth-era VAN HALEN tunes. Billy Duffy of THE CULT ripped open classic CULT riffs and almost stole the show. The guest stars often take over the stage during the yearly Cabo Wabo Rock celebrations at the seaside mega-resort town of Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.

SAMMY HAGAR AND THE WABORITAS have been touring this summer in their "The Tequila Made Me Do It". New sets, new music and Sammy's announcement of future free shows has generated lots of interest from the normally outrageous "RedHeads", Sammy's core group of fans. All of the shows this year in Cabo are free.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2005, 01:37:01 PM »

I wish they could patch things up with Dave, noting topped the original lineup.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
RichardNixon
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2005, 06:17:28 PM »

When I was a teenager my favortie bands were VH, Motley Crue, and GN'R. And while I still like VH, and the Crue (to a lesser extent) I can't really get into them anymore. They're just too dated and cheesy. GN'R is the only band I still really like.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2005, 05:22:57 PM »

Classic Rock Revisited caught up with Sammy Hagar basking in the sun and staring at the ocean during the middle of the day in Cabo San Lucas. The Red Rocker is living a dream, and one can?t help walking away from a conversation with Sammy ready to take on the world. The man brims of self satisfaction, confidence and happiness. Since departing Van Halen, Hagar has been touring with his band the Wabos, sharing with his fans the party that is his life. His new single "Let Me Take You There" is available for purchase on iTunes and has already topped the classic rock charts. Check it out and buy it by clicking Here

During our time together, Hagar and I talked about his nightly reunion with Montrose during the encore of shows with the Wabos as well as how he came to be hard rock?s version of Jimmy Buffet. Hagar loves his family, his music, his cantina and his tequila and he stands ready to build each of them into everything they can be. He loves his fans and often signs autographs and lets them sing with him on stage. He cares about his fans so much that he is on a quest to lower ticket prices while still providing a huge rock show.  Throughout this interview it is obvious to see  that Sammy really is standing on top of the world.

Oh, there is that touchy subject of Van Halen and the nasty way the last reunion tour ended. Sammy gets gut-level honest and discusses how Eddie has changed and the differences that keep them apart. Lastly, if you ever wondered who got a piece of the chick on the cover of Standing Hampton then read on and enjoy!

? Jeb Wright, September 2005
   Cover photo by Chris Schwegler

Jeb: I have always been impressed with your dedication to your fans. You are the only guy I have ever seen sign autographs while on stage performing.

Sammy: One of the things that truly drives me as a performer is that I go out there damn near feeling guilty because of all the trouble these people went through to get tickets, wait in lines, stand there in sardine-like conditions and reach in their pocket for their hard earned money. I think these people deserve more than I can even give them. It drives me and it always has pushed me. The longer I do it the more it drives me. I think, "I was here last year and I did a great show but now I have to do an even better show." I can never do less. My insecurities are such that if someone said, "Oh he did a better show when he was here last year" I would think it?s over! I am driven by weird things, and it is certainly not fame and fortune If these were situations where people were not even paying to see me, I would still be driven by that.

Jeb: What makes you different than other rock stars? You most certainly do not have Lead Singers Disease.

Sammy: I don?t think I do, but I have been accused of it by one guy. My good friend, Neal Schon of Journey, HSAS, and now Soul Sirkus, and whatever other bands he is with as he always has 16 things going at once, and I love to get together when we each have nothing going on. Every time we talk, somewhere within the conversation he will say, "You are the only fucking singer I know that doesn?t have Lead Singers Disease."

I think the reason is that I started out as a guitarist before I was a singer. I wanted to be the lead guitar player but every band I have been in, going way back to when I was 15, has always come to the point where we have to ask, "Who is going to sing?" I would be like, "I know the words to the songs so I can sing." The next thing I know I am the lead singer and because I am the lead singer, I become the rhythm guitar player and then the next thing you know I am putting the guitar down and becoming the front man. It is the story of my life. I would join another band and the same thing would happen, "Who can sing?" and I would go, "I can sing." So, I go out and start my own band where I am the singer and the lead guitar player and Ronnie Montrose comes along and says, "Hey, I don?t need another guitar player but I do need a singer." So, I become a singer with Ronnie for three years and don?t even put a guitar on. Finally, I become the lead singer and lead guitar player of my own band, but ten years later, Van Halen comes along and I am a lead singer again. Right now, my cycle is back to being the lead singer and the lead guitar player ? sort of. In the band I am in, the Wabos, I consider Vic Johnson the lead guitar player but anytime I want to take a solo I just say, "Hey Vic, my turn!" We have no egos at all. Vic is a guy who doesn?t have Lead Guitarist Disease at all.

Jeb: You guys can?t fake having fun on stage.

Sammy: I don?t think we could do it. I am not even sure it can really be done.

Jeb: Your live DVD is addictive because of that ? well the music and the tit shots.

Sammy: Well, that is part of having fun.

Jeb: I have to ask you about Montrose. You have been having him open for you or come on during your encore play the classics for the last couple of years. Are you paying Ronnie back for the help he gave you back in the beginning?

Sammy: I am doing it because I really want to do it. I do believe it is helping Ronnie and I really feel I owe him a lot. I talked to Ronnie on the phone yesterday because he is doing a new record and I promised that I would co-write a song with him and sing lead on it. Quite honestly, I don?t have time to do it. I have moved to Cabo. I told Ronnie that he would have to wait until I came back to San Francisco for Thanksgiving Vacation. He said he thought that was kind of late. So, I will go way out of my way to do it because of what he did for me. As far as getting together and playing live, that is a blast and is good for everybody. What I am going to try to for this record of his, I am doing that to pay him back. I do feel that I owe Ronnie the beginning of my career.

One thing that I want to make clear to everyone ? with as much as we ego tripped and argued until I got thrown out of that band, he encouraged me as a songwriter. Ronnie was not a songwriter ? he had a couple of riffs but no songs. He let me write songs. I also had no idea, on a business level, about things like publishing. Ronnie told me to start my own publishing company and he allowed me to do that. Most guys on the level that Ronnie was at that time would have seen a young guy like me and said, "I will publish your songs and I will be the writer." He didn?t do that to me and the songs that I wrote on the first two Montrose records supported me through the hard times when I left that band. I had about four to five years of hard times when I went out on my own and started my own band. I was trying to have a family and everything else and that is what got me through. And I will never forget that as long as I live. If Ronnie was ever in a bad situation then I would do whatever I could to help him.

Jeb: Whose idea was it to reunite the original Montrose?

Sammy: I just had a crazy idea to do it. Lynyrd Skynyrd and I were doing a co-headlining tour and after only five or six shows Gary Rossington went down. They put him out on the road too soon after his last heart attack and he had a kind of stroke on stage so they had to leave the tour. I was geared up to tour so I knew I wasn?t going to go home. I volunteered to do quite a few of the shows on my own. I waited to see how many people would return tickets and only about five or six hundred people did. At that point I said that I would play for 6200 instead of 7000 any day.

When we played in Concord, California and the rest of the Bay area, I called Ronnie because I thought it would be fun to play with him again. Once he agreed we decided to go to Kansas City and St. Louis and do a few other shows. That all came about because of the Lynyrd Skynyrd thing. We had so much fun that we wanted to do it again. It was really that plain and simple. I don?t like playing with other bands that much, I will tell you straight up. It is not that I don?t like other bands as much as it is that I like to play a longer show. I have so many songs that when you tell me I can only play an hour and ten minutes then I am in trouble ? sometimes I talk more than that during a concert. I have to play two and a half hours. It is better for me to do An Evening with Sammy Hagar. In this day and age, people think that there is no value in that for the money. They think it is better to buy a ticket to see Sammy Hagar, Nickleback and Godsmack at the same time because that is worth fifty bucks. I try to do something special in my show to make up for that. I will have Michael Anthony from Van Halen come out with me or I will have Montrose play with me. I only play with Montrose for about forty minutes. Hell, the entire first album was only thirty minutes long! I come out for the encore and we do a quick set.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2005, 05:25:28 PM »

Jeb: That brings me to a news item that was out a couple of weeks ago. You were quoted as saying that you wanted to figure out how to play free concerts.

Sammy: I do because I think it would be the ultimate. I am not sure how possible it is but in the meantime I am working towards it. Cabo Wabo and my tequila have done well. Instead of saying, "Hey, I?m now twice as rich as I was before" I go, "Now I have twice as money to do what I want to do." What I do is use a lot of that money to underwrite my production costs on tour. If you have seen my shows with the Wabos, I have a first class production. Bands on tour with similar productions are charging anywhere from $75 to $125 a ticket. Instead of doing that, I take some of that money and I pay for things like my stage. The stage is all about my Cabo Wabos Cantina so I pay for my stage being built out of the cantina money because it is a write off as a promotional expense. That frees up a couple of hundred thousand dollars and I design my stage. To drag all that stuff around is expensive so I underwrite it with the tequila company. The tour is sponsored by Cabo Wabo Tequila. Instead of getting Miller Beer to give me a couple of million dollars, which most people take and put right in their pocket, I take money from the tequila company and I pay the costs for traveling around and doing the shows. The end result is that I can keep my ticket prices down. I am trying to get them down as low as $15 to $25 a show. As far as I am concerned lawn seats are $15 maximum and I won?t charge any more than that. I am finding ways to pay for my expenses and I am passing the savings onto my fans instead of putting it in my pocket.

There is no question about it, and any anyone who knows me, knows that I am fine. These little businesses have done very well for me. I also happen to be one of those guys who didn?t get fucked out of all of his money in the music business. I had good management and I still have good management. I have become pretty savvy in business myself. It is not about how to make money but instead it is about how not to get fucked. My whole motto in life is, "I don?t want to ever take anything from anyone that doesn?t belong to me but I don?t want anyone to take from me what doesn?t belong to them." I protect myself instead of going around and trying to screw people. I just make sure that I don?t screwed in the process.

Jeb: How is playing with the Wabos different than playing with Van Halen?

Sammy: Van Halen is about four individuals own musicianship. Van Halen goes out to exploit the individual musicianship in the band and songs are geared around that. I think Van Halen is really built around their hit songs ? this is especially true of the last tour. Even if they were not Top 40 hits and were just album hits, there are certain songs that you just have to do. When you try to throw a new song in with Van Halen, the audience goes quiet on you. I?m serious, we would be up there playing "Poundcake" and everyone would be going nuts and then we would play a new one and the audience would go quiet. People come to see Van Halen for the history of the band and the musicianship.

With my band ? now this will sound crazy but I have done it in Cabo way too many times ? in my band, it doesn?t matter what songs we play. If I would go out there and play all ZZ Top songs for an hour, it wouldn?t matter; it would still be the same party. My band is all about the way we present the music. They don?t care if I don?t play Van Halen songs and they don?t care if I don?t play Montrose songs. They don?t care if I don?t play "I Can?t Drive 55." Somebody might say, "Aw man he didn?t play ?One Way to Rock? tonight" but it ain?t going to mean anything during the show and it ain?t going to mean that they won?t come back. The Wabos are all about the party and the way we present the event. The music is the catalyst.

It is like if you go to a great party and they are playing blues or old soul music or disco or whatever and you don?t give a shit because it is a great party. You just have a good time. I play hits up the ass because I have had plenty of them but we always throw in some crazy stuff. And the jams and the spontaneous stuff are outrageous. We attempt to play songs that we don?t even know, out of the blue, because I feel that particular song should be played right then. Toby Keith has a song called, "I Love This Bar" and he came out and played this with me once. I screwed the thing all up but it didn?t matter. That song has now become a staple in my set because of how many times someone has thrown a cowboy hat up on stage. I put it on and say, "Do I look like Toby? Fuck, if I look like him then I may as well play one of his songs." I would try to do that song and I would fuck it all up, but eventually I learned the song. If that isn?t crazy then I don?t know what it. Who in their right mind learns how to play a song by playing it in front of 14,000 people? That is what the Wabos are about and that is what makes it fun. We are not afraid to show our ass. If Van Halen went out there and made as many mistakes as we do and tried as many spontaneous things as we do that don?t work, then I don?t know what would happen. I am not sure if the fans would come back. They might ask for their money back.

Jeb: Are you more proud of your work with the Wabos?

Sammy: I am proud of it all; they are like my children. In your heart you may have some affection for this song over that song but overall, I am extremely proud of everything I have ever done. What I am most proud of at the moment is the success of Cabo Wabo Tequila. I am not just trying to brag about it because we are talking. I am truly impressed by how successful it is because it has nothing to do with anything I have ever done or even known about my entire life. Doing something so different and having it be so successful really makes me feel good.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2005, 05:26:51 PM »

Jeb: You are a person who really does whatever you want to do. You started your own company, you told Van Halen to fuck off, you have made solo albums and you did the Sam & Dave tour. It is really a rare human trait to have that much self confidence.

Sammy: I have to give Van Halen the credit for the self confidence. Back around the time of Standing Hampton, I was very insecure. I thought that everything could be over in about a week. I feared I would have to be back out there trying to find a job. I was not wealthy enough to say who cares at that point. Around the time of VOA I started becoming fearless. I knew I was going to make the album that I wanted to make. I don?t think there is anything wrong with my other records because I happen to think Standing Hampton is one of the best albums to be made during that era. What I am trying to say is that when I made that album, I was insecure and afraid. I was listening to my producer and my A&R guy and they were all going, ?You have to write more songs like that." So I would go write more songs in the way they wanted. They were honest to goodness songs but I was not being an artist and picking up the brush and painting whatever my heart felt.

By the time I finished VOA, I was about to make that step. Instead of making a new record, I joined Van Halen. When I joined that band, the success exploded and I was on that trip where I did whatever I wanted. I said I would dress how I wanted, write the kind of lyrics I wanted and act on stage how I wanted. I said that if somebody didn?t like it then fuck ?em. My self confidence started building and building. By the time I left Van Halen, I was fearless. I would do anything and I would try anything. I could care less if I made a record that bombed. How about that? That is when you go, "This is where it is at." It is really where everyone should be because at that point, your art is exposing who and what you really are. Every artist should be doing just that. There are clever businessmen who write songs for money. There is nothing wrong with that but it just means you are doing it for business. It means you are smart and clever and that you can tweak things like lyrics to make them more commercial. I am not downing people like that but that is not being an artist. If I am making a Sammy Hagar record then it has to be about Sammy Hagar and his lifestyle. Cabo Wabo is my lifestyle. I live here and it is what it is ? everything is kind of about that. It is about having a couple of shots of tequila before you go on stage and it is about having waitresses bring you drinks while you are playing. It is really about pretending you are on the fucking beach!

[Editors Note: At this point Sammy?s personal assistant Sarah Volk breaks into tell us it is time to wrap up the interview.]

Sammy: No, not yet! We are just having fun. Give us a couple of more. I am actually enjoying this. This is the first major interview I have done in sometime. Usually I do ten minute interviews from Cabo but today I am just laying here looking at the ocean. Honestly, I am feeling a lot more of what I mean and I feel I can better convey what I am talking about under these circumstances. This is very cool.

Jeb: Sammy, I know your focus is on your solo career and your businesses but I have readers who will kill me if I don?t ask this question. Is Van Halen done?

Sammy: I don?t know. It is right now. They can do whatever they want. If Ed and Al want to get a new singer and a new bass player then they can do whatever they want. I wouldn?t complain and I wouldn?t say that they shouldn?t have done that. What I would say is that I think it is a big mistake to do that. I would never try to run their lives like they do me. They are free to do whatever they want. The way they want to do business and the way they want to mingle with their co-band members and other people who are involved in their organization, I don?t want any part of. I am a very happy guy. I have found a happy life. If their lifestyle could fit in with mine then I would have no problem doing it again. I think it is inevitable.

Honestly, straight up, Eddie has changed a lot. Alex is okay and Mikey and I are best friends. Eddie, for me, is the problem. If you talked to Eddie then I am sure he would tell you that I am the problem. If he doesn?t like my lifestyle then I understand that. He wants to be miserable and I want to be happy ? it is really that simple. If Eddie wants to be friends again and not do this just for business or for other kinds of reasons ? I really don?t know why he wants to do it. I don?t even know if he even wants to do it. But if he wants to do it and do it for the right reasons and get together on a really good level then I would do it. I thought it was going to be great. I was all for the last reunion and it turned out to be pretty fucking tough finishing that tour out. I have to tell you that there were times on that tour that after a show it was like, "Get Sammy out that door and get Eddie out the other door." That ain?t no way to do things. I am not interested in yelling and screaming at anybody much less having someone yell and scream at me for having fun. It is like, "Hey, get the fuck out of my face, dude." There were too many rules ? lets put it like that for me. I was told that I can?t do this or I can?t do that or I can?t say this or I can?t say that. Yet, Eddie can go say and do the shit that he did? No way. Right now, it is over for me but if they want to do it on real terms and with no rules and no business shit then I am fine.

Jeb: Last one: Since I was 15 I have been in love with the girl on the Standing Hampton cover. Who is she?

Sammy: I didn?t fuck her!

Jeb: That ruins my follow up question!

Sammy: I don?t even know who she was. They brought her in and I was not even there for the photo session. They guy who is in the picture with the top hat is Moshe Brakha. He designed the cover and he was the photographer. Not only was that son of a bitch there, he got in the picture and he?s the guy that probably got some of that. That girl was fine!

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2005, 04:06:31 PM »

Former VAN HALEN frontman David Lee Roth has announced the following solo dates in November:

Nov. 11 - Saint Petersburg, FL @ Vinoy Waterfront Park
Nov. 12 - Orlando, FL @ Hard Rock Live
Nov. 14 - Hollywood, FL @ Seminole Hard Rock Live
Nov. 25 - Saint Charles, MO @ Ameristar Casino
Nov. 26 - Sault Ste. Marie, MI @ Vegas Kewadin Casino

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2005, 01:19:41 PM »

Roger Friedman of FOXNews.com has issued the following report:

The rumors were true: I can tell you exclusively that sometime next month, Infinity Broadcasting will announce that David Lee Roth is taking over for Howard Stern.

The one-time lead singer of VAN HALEN will assume the microphone in New York and several other markets where Stern's show is heard.

Still not set is where Adam Carolla, former co-host of "The Man Show", will be in place, but sources close to the action tell me that Roth and Carolla will not be together.

Roth is represented by the all-knowing, all-seeing Creative Artists Agency in Hollywood, so you know he has an ironclad contract.

The president of programming for Infinity Broadcasting, which owns Stern's show, said last winter that there wouldn't be one person replacing the notorious shock jock. And he was right. Roth and Carolla will divide up the territories so that no one person can regain Stern's monopoly of the airwaves. Carolla will likely have the West Coast.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2005, 12:12:03 AM »

Roth on the radio, that could be entertaining...but I can think of another job I'd rather have him get.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2005, 12:28:48 AM »

When I was a teenager my favortie bands were VH, Motley Crue, and GN'R. And while I still like VH, and the Crue (to a lesser extent) I can't really get into them anymore. They're just too dated and cheesy. GN'R is the only band I still really like.
Please refrain from calling the Crue "cheesy." Cheesy is a group like Trixter. 

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2005, 12:51:56 AM »

Please refrain from calling the Crue "cheesy." Cheesy is a group like Trixter.?

Yeah, Crue damn sure aren't cheesy.  Of course I dig Trixter too, but the Crue damn sure aren't cheesy.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: