Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:25:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread  (Read 182687 times)
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1040 on: July 02, 2012, 12:38:07 AM »

Dave is a great frontman, they would be great at the Super Bowl-poor Michael Anthony, he seems like such a nice guy, he's going to have to sit with his family and watch them play. He said they never even told him he was out of the band, they do interviews now, and don't even mention him.

libertad
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1041 on: July 02, 2012, 11:23:31 AM »

Yeah, I feel bad for Mike. He was a big part of the band. The problem here is that Eddie is a giant egotistical asshole. He gave an interview recently and basically implied that Dave wasn't that important to the band's sound.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1042 on: June 19, 2015, 11:59:15 PM »

Talk about drama. VH might just be the one band that's more dysfunctional than GNR. And Eddie makes Axl look like a saint.  peace

http://www.antimusic.com/news/15/June/19Van_Halen_Trying_To_Stop_Sammy_Hagar_From_Performing_Songs.shtml

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6605231/eddie-van-halen-addiction-david-lee-roth-touring

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6605505/sammy-hagar-eddie-van-halen-interview-response

I love it! Especially when it's some other band.  beer

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
overmatik
« Reply #1043 on: November 18, 2015, 09:59:27 PM »

The thing with Van Halen is that they are becoming a nostalgia act unless they come up with new material. This last tour, although the band was playing great, was based around old songs. Also, Dave is completely shot live, just dragging behind the band.

And is not a question of getting Sammy back, as they also struggled to come up with new material the last time they were together. In retrospect, the music in VH III was the last complete set of new music ever produced by the band, scary...
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #1044 on: November 29, 2015, 11:33:55 AM »

How disappointing this must have been for the people who went there, plus John 5 (who worked on a solo album with Dave) and Michael Starr were there (who sang in a VH tribute band).
http://www.vhnd.com/2015/11/25/eat-em-and-smile-band-30th-anniversary/
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1045 on: March 01, 2016, 10:28:52 AM »

DAVID LEE ROTH Says His New Song 'Ain't No Christmas' Could Be About VAN HALEN

David Lee Roth says that his new song, in which he offers a sad goodbye against a low-key guitar accompaniment, could be about VAN HALEN.

Lyrically, "Ain't No Christmas" sounds like Roth is closing the door on the current VAN HALEN reunion, with lines that include: "Sure looked good on paper, once upon a lie. Happily never after, and I'm not okay to drive.

"Let's put the pin back in this one, and say we both survived. Last blank space on the map I think we've arrived...

"Quittin' while you're ahead ain't quittin', and I'm quittin'."

After initially denying that "Ain't No Christmas" was about VAN HALEN ? telling the Van Halen News Desk that "It's poetry. It has nothing to do with VAN HALEN." ? he has since released a follow-up message, saying: "On second thought, if all work is autobiographic, maybe this song is about VAN HALEN..."

Greg Renoff, author of the new book "Van Halen Rising", was one of many fans who thought "Ain't No Christmas" was the singer's goodbye message to VAN HALEN. Renoff said: "Roth's vocal performance here is mournful and somber. His lyrics express feelings of bitterness and regret. My take is that the lyrics provide a commentary on Roth's recent months with VAN HALEN and perhaps a window into the future of VAN HALEN."

Rumors that Roth could possibly be succeeded by his original replacement, Sammy Hagar, have become more persistent during VAN HALEN's current hiatus.

Hagar sent a tweet to Eddie Van Halen last month wishing him a happy birthday ? and got a cordial response ? despite the bad blood that has existed between the two of them since 2004. Hagar later said that part of the reason he did it was because of the recent deaths of rock legends Glenn Frey and David Bowie.

VAN HALEN has been quiet since completing a North American tour last summer and putting out a concert set called "Tokyo Dome: Live In Concert".

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/david-lee-roth-says-his-new-song-aint-no-christmas-could-be-about-van-halen/#cg0yyiKtPkL4fvYJ.99

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: