Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:53:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Motley Crue thread - everything about them discussed here  (Read 316030 times)
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #1940 on: April 30, 2013, 03:23:34 PM »

Going to the crue on Thursday...can't wait! Has anyone been to any of the Canadian shows so far? If so, how was the show? This will be my 4th time seeing them.

Let me know how it is...I'm going to see them may 11 in oshawa...Will be my 6th Crue concert since 2005
I've checked out reviews for the shows so far...the one MAJOR surprise is absolutely NO PYRO AT ALL! Really weird for motley to not have one spark of pyro. Other than that pretty good reviews... 17 songs, about 1.5 hours and no encore.

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #1941 on: April 30, 2013, 03:28:09 PM »

Doesn't even compare to a 30 song, 3 hour guns show...but still looking forward to it.

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1942 on: May 02, 2013, 09:33:13 AM »

No pyro? are you kidding me?

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #1943 on: May 03, 2013, 01:13:32 AM »

The show was AWESOME!! No pyro...no problem...still a great show! I've seen them 4 times now and this was the best Vince I've seen, tommy was great and funny, mick kicked ass and Nikki owned the stage much like Dj does with GNR.

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1944 on: May 13, 2013, 02:46:34 PM »

Can anyone post any good reviews of of the show?

Wished they did another studioversion of shout at the devil the way Vince sings it now.

Going to the crue on Thursday...can't wait!

Lucky bastard! Tongue

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1945 on: May 13, 2013, 05:58:13 PM »

Live Wire w Vince peace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frF8JXtoK_4

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1946 on: November 07, 2013, 09:16:47 AM »

Looks that kill, vocals only

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQfrFauLS4U

JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #1947 on: November 07, 2013, 11:32:31 PM »

Their residency this year was AWESOME! I saw 2 shows about half way through the residency and they were the best Motley shows I've seen by far! I saw them on their carnival of sins tour, roots of all evil with Aerosmith, crue fest 1, and earlier this year on their Canadian tour...but these shows at the residency were by far the best. The amount of fire was unbelievable...I can't even explain how much there was and the band sounded awesome...even Vince was decent. But it was still light years behind what GNR did with their residency. GNR shows 3 hours, motley crue shows 1 hour 20 minutes. No comparison.

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #1948 on: January 28, 2014, 10:25:27 PM »

MOTLEY ANNOUNCES FAREWELL TOUR!!!   Shocked  Shocked

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/01/28/motley-crue-calling-it-quits-planning-huge-farewell-tour/

Motley Crue is done rocking together.

The band, who has been together for 33 years, announced on Tuesday that they are retiring, but they will do a massive farewell tour first.

Vince Neil, Nikki Sixx, Tommy Lee and Mick Mars made the announcement at a heavily promoted press conference on Tuesday afternoon.

"We just want to go out on top. Leave a legacy behind," Neil said, according to band's verified Twitter account, which posted constant updates from the event. "We won't be doing any more concerts after this. This is the final tour."

Sixx added, "This is a huge celebration for us. It's going to be a really fantastic tour."

They have more than 60 tour dates planned, so it will be a drawn-out goodbye to the band that brought us hits like ?Girls Girls Girls? and ?Shout at the Devil.?

Motley Crue first got together in 1981, and they became internationally famous a few years later with the rise of MTV.

They released nine studio albums during their time together and recent reports have stated that their tenth album will be released in 2014.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1949 on: January 29, 2014, 09:14:53 AM »

MOTLEY ANNOUNCES FAREWELL TOUR!!!   Shocked  Shocked

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/01/28/motley-crue-calling-it-quits-planning-huge-farewell-tour/

Motley Crue is done rocking together.

Norwegian article (nrk = the statechannel)

http://www.nrk.no/kultur/motley-crue-legger-opp-1.11504448

you all can use the googletranslatorstuff but it says that motley breaks up, goes on farewelltour and that the band had little musical talent (except tommy) but were one of the coolest bands in the 80's. It also says Vince needs reality-dietshow and that it is mostly nikki's accountant that will truly will miss motley at this stage. Tongue fukken swedes hihi
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 09:23:03 AM by norway » Logged

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1950 on: January 30, 2014, 12:36:31 PM »

CBS NEWS January 29, 2014, 9: 22 AM
Motley Crue band members take legal steps to plan tidy end to group's long run

Rock fans are getting their first chance to buy their final tickets for Motley Crue. After more than three decades of head-banging, the group is calling it quits. But the end of an era in music also marks the beginning of a groundbreaking business move.

The music was jazz -- not rock 'n' roll -- but the so-called funeral the band threw for itself in Hollywood was also vintage Motley Crue. The guys who helped put the glam into rock announced they are hanging up their heavy metal.

Asked why it feels right to end the band now, lead singer Vince Neil said, "We're still relevant and we still sell out arenas all over the world, and we don't want to go out on the bottom. We want to go out on top."

Vince Neil, Nikki Six, Tommy Lee, and Mick Mars form one of the most successful metal bands of all time. Since 1981, Motley Crue has recorded nine albums and sold more than 80 million copies.

The Crue is now launching a two-year world tour. But in front of the cameras Tuesday, they signed a  formal "cessation of touring agreement" saying this is their final tour -- not a so-called farewell tour.

Bass player Nikki Sixx said, "It's just kind of known in the music industry that a farewell tour means 'for now.' We just didn't even want that farewell word even around...it just stinks."

They don't want to be Cher. She launched her farewell tour in 2002. It's been dubbed the "Never Can Say Goodbye Tour" because she's still at it. The Eagles have been saying goodbye for a decade.

Other bands such as Journey have changed lead singers, and don't stop touring. Motley Crue's legal agreement prevents that.

Drummer Tommy Lee said, "There's quite a few bands -- we won't mention their names -- hobbling around with two members, one original member. That's not how we envisioned us going out at all."

Doug Mark, the band's attorney, said, "This is a unanimous decision, and that never happens."

Asked if he's ever seen a band do this, Mark said, "Never once."

CBS News sat down with Motley Crue at the famed Whiskey A GoGo on the Sunset Strip. It's where they played some of their first gigs and gained notoriety for being notorious.

They've suffered the lows of prison, the highs of, well, being high on heroin, and broke up because they hated each other. But along the way, they also built a multimillion-dollar business, and turned their band into a corporation.

Motley Crue manager Allen Kovac said, "It's been said that Motley Crue is a bucket of nuts and bolts."

CBS News' Ben Tracy remarked to Kovac, "The phrase 'savvy business men' is not something you think of when someone says Motley Crue."

Kovac replied, "Or any band, if you really look at it. They own their masters. They own their publishing. They've had best-selling books. I think people should thinking differently about Motley Crue after this."

They may still have that hair, but they are also a band of aging Baby Boomers. Mick Mars has a painful spinal condition. They want to retire before becoming rockers better suited for rocking chairs.

Sixx said, "We're a rock band but we have something we are proud of and we talk about dignity. I know when I wear a Led Zeppelin shirt, I am happy to put that Led Zeppelin shirt on. It's not, 'Well, they kind of suck'."

So Motley Crue plans to go out with a bang.

"Right to the end," Sixx said. "And you know, whether you love us or hate us, we've done pretty damn well."
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1951 on: February 11, 2014, 10:23:06 PM »

Motley will always be one of my favorites but this has been a mess for years. I'm glad they're going away now. Tommy looks so repulsive nowadays.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #1952 on: February 12, 2014, 04:15:37 PM »

M?TLEY CR?E held a press conference on January 28 at Hotel Roosevelt in Los Angeles where they announced that the band will launch its "Final Tour" later this year, with the group planning to play 72 shows in North America in 2014 and more overseas in 2015. Making it official, the four members of the band had their lawyer draw up a formal "cessation of touring" agreement that goes into effect at the end of 2015 and prohibits the members of the group from going on the road again under the M?TLEY CR?E banner.

No mention was made of whether the CR?E will record a new album to go along with the tour, although the group hinted at the possibility.

Asked by Classic Rock magazine if there will be a new studio CD to coincide with the upcoming trek, which is scheduled to kick off in early July, M?TLEY CR?E bassist Nikki Sixx said: "We've written some songs. But this is difficult to say and probably harder to hear: when you spend nine months working on an album, all the work that goes into it and recording it, mixing it, mastering it, then you release it and it falls on deaf ears.

"Radio is so fuckin' formatted, if you don't have a banjo and a beard, they're not playing you over here. If you're this kind of band at this stage of your career, you can't be played on Active Rock; if you've been around for more than fifteen years, you're classic rock, but classic rock radio doesn't play new music. You just think, 'Fuck, man, this sucks.'

"I have the belief that I would rather have less music reach more people through different opportunities, whether it be through movies, through sponsorships or co-sponsorships through integrated marketing with other types of companies that want to use your song specifically to reach tens of millions of people. I'd rather work on two songs under that plan than do eleven songs that only reach 100,000 people."

M?TLEY CR?E in 2012 released a brand new song called "Sex" to coincide with the launch of the band's North American co-headlining tour with KISS.

Written when the group was together during their residency in Las Vegas in February 2012, "Sex" was the first studio track from the CR?E since their June 2008 release of "Saints Of Los Angeles". The song was recorded at M?TLEY CR?E drummer Tommy Lee's studio called The Atrium in Calabasas, California.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/nikki-sixx-explains-why-there-will-probably-be-no-new-motley-crue-album/#c02V0TEYSyFlUvgs.99

nikkis got a hell of a point

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #1953 on: December 31, 2015, 03:18:09 PM »

http://loudwire.com/motley-crue-farewell-show-shot-full-length-concert-film/

MOTLEY'S FINAL PEFORMANCE IS TONIGHT!  They will be filming the final show for a theatrical film.

Motley Crue have been saying their touring farewells to fans around the world over the past year-plus, but tonight (Dec. 31) marks their final concert as they set up to take the stage one final time. There?s no doubt that the finale at the Staples Center in Los Angeles is one hot ticket and sadly not everyone will be able to get in. But for fans unable to attend, the next best thing has been announced. The band will be shooting their final performance at the Staples Center for an upcoming full-length concert film.

The band has enlisted Christian Lamb, who has worked with Madonna in the past, to direct the concert portion of the film, while Jeff Tremaine, the director of the band?s upcoming film based on their The Dirt biography, will handle the documentary segment of the film.

In addition to the live performances of your favorite Motley Crue hits for the final time, viewers will be treated to exclusive interviews and behind-the-scenes footage from the final week of the tour. The group has already played a pair of Staples Center shows this week to collect some of the footage.

The band members signed a binding legal document prior to the announcement of ?The Final Tour? stating that this would be their last run, thus avoiding any backslide that has happened with other acts in the past who decided to hang it up only later realizing they wanted to continue.

Those who have caught Motley?s performances on the run know that the band?s theatrics are at an all-time high, with drummer Tommy Lee?s latest drum attraction being the ?Cruecifly.? Watch video of the drum roller coaster as well as some of the other tour highlights in the trailer below.

Live Alliance is expected to premiere the film in theaters worldwide as well as on Pay Per View formats in 2016. To stay up to date with the film?s release, subscribe at either Motley?s Fanbridge page or their actual website.
overmatik
« Reply #1954 on: January 01, 2016, 11:13:49 PM »

OK, so it's finally over.  Smiley I hope they keep their word and do not return. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the band, but Vince's performance in the last years were absolutely abysmal, packed with pre-recorded vocals and the like.

Now Mick will be able to focus on his solo album, and if the rumours are true and John is the singer on it, then we might as well get the best Motley Crue album since 1994!  peace
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #1955 on: January 03, 2016, 11:04:58 AM »

I'm sad its over, but glad they went out on top...I got to see them 10 times since they reunited in 2005 and every show was the best, This last show in Toronto made me just want to see them every year for the rest of my life, it was unreal. RIP Crue

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1956 on: January 28, 2016, 03:44:00 PM »

New solo album for Vince Neil this year...

"It was energetic. It was different. It was raw," Neil says about the music. "We were M?tley Cr?e and there was nothing like it. Every guy had to be that guy. M?tley Cr?e was a motley crew. It had to happen with only those people, and I'm proud I was one of them. I'm just thankful that people have embraced the music so long, and I'm thankful for the people who have been so loyal to the music."

When asked about his next act, Neil hints at some new material, and the possibility of road testing some of those songs on his current tour, although he stopped short of saying that.

"I'll say that we're recording some stuff for a new record this year," Neil says. "You often hear some surprises at our shows. I don't want to give away some of those surprises, but let's just say you might have struck a nerve that could ring true. ... I think there's always room for this type of music. Some of the things we are working on will be in that same vain. The music is exciting. It's good, fun, nasty, raw energy and good songs. That's what is so important ? good, fun songs. I mean, who wouldn't want to go out and not have a good time? Not me. So I'm thankful to be playing everywhere I am."

http://www.thenewsdispatch.com/features/on_the_go/article_a69bd611-c473-535e-8cd4-f2d5fdd14473.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1957 on: January 28, 2016, 07:04:00 PM »

^^^

M?TLEY CR?E's VINCE NEIL Is Working On New Solo Record

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/motley-crues-vince-neil-is-working-on-new-solo-record/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #1958 on: January 28, 2016, 07:13:15 PM »

His first solo album was garbage.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1959 on: January 29, 2016, 03:54:30 PM »

Both of his solo albums are garbage arent they?  Songwriting ain't his thing. hihi
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: