Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 08:04:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227999 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Whiskey/whisky
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Whiskey/whisky  (Read 23985 times)
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2007, 04:29:52 AM »

Ok, I was given a jug of Early Times. Now I know why. Actually the guy ask me what I drink, and I told him, but he came out with this. So, here we go:

This whiskey is very sweet ... too sweet. They have to be adding sugar to the bill. There is no way that wood(oak anyway) has this much sugar in it. Now I know why Churchill Downs uses this as their house "Bourbon"(they sell a lot of juleps) ... it ain't fucking Bourbon. They can put Ky all over the label and doesn't change a thing. In fact, if one looks close enough, that person will notice that no where does say Bourbon, but Ky is prominant.

On to the taste: other than sweet, this liquor reminds me of what socks taste like ... the kind of socks that a wino has been wearing for a month. It also lingers with something that reminds me of catpiss. This is some nasty shit ... now I know why people put cola in their whiskey. In fact, I have some gasoline that I am thinking of adding to this ... it can't hurt the taste.

In conclusion, I wouldn't give this shit to my dog. Anybody need any mouthwash?

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2007, 12:10:36 PM »

ya think it would clean my silverware??

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2007, 12:13:18 PM »

as long as it doen't wear socks

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2007, 01:34:10 PM »

no more hobo sock juice for you! get to bed Sir!

crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2007, 04:51:33 PM »

I went to the store today; my goal was to educate myself, somewhat, as to the finer points of Scotch. Once I got there, Mr. Pogue was there, with a helper, giving out free samples of his fine liquor.

After that, my intention was to purchase a bottle of his wares, but I came across the 4 Roses single barrel first ... so, my impression; mind you this is after a few. So, take it with a grain of salt.

Four Roses Single Barrel: 100?, there is no age statement, but it tastes very mature. Whether this is an artifact of the maturation process, or something peculiar to the the particular climate during production, I do not know.

This batch came from wharehouse TN; barrel #85-5J

Damn! I have a good one here. I almost hate to drink it.
Nose: has a very fruity sniff; applely and cherry

I'm having one OTR, and my taste buds have undoubtly already been burnt tonight.

This is a very distictive whiskey. Very sweet with the fruitiness coming on strong. Noticable honey with absolutely no leather. There is a slight amount of bitter on the tip and mid on the side. It lingers with a hickorish after taste that is quite pleasant. There is other flavors that I am not picking up on (due to intoxication or burnt tongue). Oh yeah, apple. It reminds me of eating green apples as a child.

If you enjoy fine whiskey, and don't mind spending a dollar or two, this is definately a treasure you will come to cheerish. While it is very difficult to find, it is well worth the effort once it tis located.   Cheers

My little pretty:

Tried to find this for two weeks and can't. Not even Binny's has it. Where did you say you get this? Should I be looking in the Irish or is it from another country? Now I really want to try it.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2007, 04:54:53 PM »

Ok, I was given a jug of Early Times. Now I know why. Actually the guy ask me what I drink, and I told him, but he came out with this. So, here we go:

This whiskey is very sweet ... too sweet. They have to be adding sugar to the bill. There is no way that wood(oak anyway) has this much sugar in it. Now I know why Churchill Downs uses this as their house "Bourbon"(they sell a lot of juleps) ... it ain't fucking Bourbon. They can put Ky all over the label and doesn't change a thing. In fact, if one looks close enough, that person will notice that no where does say Bourbon, but Ky is prominant.

On to the taste: other than sweet, this liquor reminds me of what socks taste like ... the kind of socks that a wino has been wearing for a month. It also lingers with something that reminds me of catpiss. This is some nasty shit ... now I know why people put cola in their whiskey. In fact, I have some gasoline that I am thinking of adding to this ... it can't hurt the taste.

In conclusion, I wouldn't give this shit to my dog. Anybody need any mouthwash?

When I was 16, a dude bought us a pint of early times - still had to ask people to buy. My friends had to go home so I got stuck drinking it by myself. I actually got alcohol poisoning from it. I threw up everywhere. Had to go to the hospital but I threw up so much by the time I got there, they didn't even need to do anything. They could have mixed drinks with my, well you know...

Needless to say, I didn't touch whiskey for years and years. Now, it's another story but I still will never, ever touch that stuff. You couldn't even pay me to drink it.

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2007, 09:25:52 PM »

Tried to find this for two weeks and can't. Not even Binny's has it. Where did you say you get this? Should I be looking in the Irish or is it from another country? Now I really want to try it.

Unless you live in Kentucky, New York, or Japan, you won't be able to find it. It is restricted to those markets at present due to production limitations. You probably can't find the single barrell except in Ky and Japan. You might be able to find it online. 4 Roses did have a limited European distribution for one of their brands, but I can't remember which one.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2008, 02:31:57 AM »

I have adapted the "Happy Birthday" song thusly:

Merry Christmas to me
Merry Christmas to me
Merrry Christmas, Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas to me

Please enjoy the larger picture, as it's quite lovely.  Bowmore 12 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky, from Islay. 

For those who don't drink Scotch, Islay produces the peatiest and smokiest of all Single Malts, which are a personal favorite.  This is the fourth Islay distillery from which I've purchased a full bottle, out of eight that are currently operating.  The serving is shown in my brand spankin' new Glencairn Whisky Glass, the first glass specifically designed for tasting whiskies, and engraved with the name of my favorite distillery (Lagavulin...also on Islay). 

Needless to say, I'm a tad enamored.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 02:39:19 AM by freedom78 » Logged

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2008, 02:18:42 AM »

\ and smokiest of all Single Malts, which are a personal favorite. This is the fourth Islay distillery from which I've purchased a full bottle, out of eight that are currently operating. The serving is shown in my brand spankin' new Glencairn Whisky Glass, the first glass specifically designed for tasting whiskies, and engraved with the name of my favorite distillery (Lagavulin...also on Islay).

If you were a woman, I'd fuck you ... maybe.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2008, 09:06:33 PM »

\ and smokiest of all Single Malts, which are a personal favorite. This is the fourth Islay distillery from which I've purchased a full bottle, out of eight that are currently operating. The serving is shown in my brand spankin' new Glencairn Whisky Glass, the first glass specifically designed for tasting whiskies, and engraved with the name of my favorite distillery (Lagavulin...also on Islay).

If you were a woman, I'd fuck you ... maybe.

What's your stance on she-males?

Anyway, I thought you a Bourbon man.   

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2008, 02:52:11 PM »

Ok. I tried Knob Creek this holiday season and the shit is strong. Damn. Two drinks and I was medium drunk. I stopped and went to wine or it could have been a bad night. The whiskey is very good. Very strong and mild.

Although, as soon as I unload my pictures from my camera, I have to show you guys this bottle of tequila we got as a gift. It looks like a bong with two types of tequila in it - a light tequila on the outside and a dark tequila on the inside - both very good and smooth. It costs about $70 a bottle but the bottle is so freakin cool, I will have to post. I can't remember the damn name. I'll post the picture next week when I remember to download the damn photos.

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2008, 02:53:18 AM »

^Try cutting it with a little water. It is good stuff. I've been drinking a lot of that and 4 Roses lately.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2008, 10:22:24 PM »

Dead soldier.

In front of my humidor, and, yes, immediately below can be seen a book by Mr. Rogers.  rofl

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2008, 11:46:04 PM »

It is a martini kind of night. I quit the stoogies a few years ago ... and still jones when I hear the words humidor. Give me a sec and I will post a pic of my liquor cabinet.

It is lacking in something clear, but there is a good selection of Bourbon. beer
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 12:00:54 AM by fuckin crazy » Logged

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2008, 12:40:31 AM »

It is a martini kind of night. I quit the stoogies a few years ago ... and still jones when I hear the words humidor. Give me a sec and I will post a pic of my liquor cabinet.

It is lacking in something clear, but there is a good selection of Bourbon. beer

That's an impressive bourbon collection.

Upon moving back home about 6 months ago, we found that our kitchen has two Lazy-Suzans.  We immediately turned one into a spinning liquor cabinet which we refer to as our Lazy-Boozen. 

Anyway, it's currently stocked with:

1 random bottle vodka
1 random bottle gin
1 handle Bacardi dark rum (because dark rum makes a MUCH better rum n' coke)
various liqueurs
1 handle Cuervo gold (not getting much use in the winter)
1 bottle Lagavulin 16 yr Single Malt (my personal fave)
1 bottle Bowmore 12 yr (quickly becoming a fave)
1 bottle Edradour 10 yr (Scotland's smallest distillery)

I just killed my Ardbeg 10 yr, and am already eager to replace it with something new.  As Islay malts are already twice represented, I may go Speyside for my next purchase, though I've been wanting to try Springbank, as well.

I'm currently out of bourbon/American/Canadian whiskey, either for mixin' or sippin'.  As far as mixed drinks go, I tend to go from rum and coke to whiskey and coke, so the run currently fills that need.  The vodka is mainly used with cranberry juice or tonic.  The gin is generally used in tonics, but if I get the appropriate stuff, I'll mix up a martini, too.

Don't get me started on beer.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2008, 01:35:54 AM »

The gin is generally used in tonics, but if I get the appropriate stuff, I'll mix up a martini, too.

Martinis, and others, are kind of my way of implying that I take my liquor "neat". Though, I have been known to use water as a cut.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2008, 01:43:59 AM »

The gin is generally used in tonics, but if I get the appropriate stuff, I'll mix up a martini, too.

Martinis, and others, are kind of my way of implying that I take my liquor "neat". Though, I have been known to use water as a cut.

I would never mix a single malt, and abhor it being served with ice (fucking heathens).  Same with good bourbon.  I'll make a gin and tonic, but the quality of the gin still shows through in that drink. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2008, 01:45:38 AM »

Ahh, a man who knows his liquor. cheers!

Though, I shouldn't admit it, I have been known to heat my whiskey up in a sauce pan in an effort to release the essential oils of the liquor ... try it.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 01:48:53 AM by fuckin crazy » Logged

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2008, 08:39:12 AM »

I live about 30 miles from the Borbon Capital of the World, Bardstown, KY.  I am not much of a fan of the stuff as a result of a horrible next day after too much Jim Beam.  My wife likes Woodford Reserve and I have had some and it is not too bad, pretty smoothe.  In Bardstown they have a Heritage Museum that walks you through the process behind the magic and they give you a free sample.  Bardstown also has a Bourbon Festival in the fall.

Anyone know how to get some ral absinthe here in the States?  I have a bottle from Spain that I have been sitting on since 2001 and would like to get more.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2008, 12:40:52 AM »

I live about 30 miles from the Borbon Capital of the World, Bardstown, KY.
Heaven!!!

I am not much of a fan of the stuff as a result of a horrible next day after too much Jim Beam.
Try your wife's favorite beverage.

My wife likes Woodford Reserve and I have had some and it is not too bad, pretty smoothe.

I never really cared for wheaters, but ...

Anyone know how to get some ral absinthe here in the States?  I have a bottle from Spain that I have been sitting on since 2001 and would like to get more.

Absinthe can now be bought legally in the States, but it is just like the stuff from Europe. They haven't really made the "real" stuff for nearly a hundred years. However, it can be found in Asia.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: