Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 09:46:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227976 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver--album #3
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver--album #3  (Read 32518 times)
hellfirecan
Headliner

My dog dreaming is running...

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2007, 10:11:41 AM »

Wow, what a short attention span.  Tongue

I personally tend to listen to the albums for a while.

/jarmo

wow...will be interesting to see you views on that if and when Axl releases CD and, like has been reported here, he has enough material for three albums, he releases another right away if you will buy it or not, or wait until you have had your fill of CD

pasnow
VIP

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2007, 10:14:54 AM »

So the latest album has only been out for about three months and people are already looking forward to the next one.

I guess Libertad was that good that you can't wait to hear more of the same?

Or not?

So Axl's been claiming to be working on a new album for over a decade and you still believe it's coming out??  I guess those leaks are soo great you'll keep waiting another 10 years. Weren't you counting down the Tuesdays left in 2006 also?! Wow, what a short attention span YOU must have!! smoking Cool
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2007, 12:07:37 PM »

Axl, Axl, Axl...

rofl

Nowhere did I say I don't buy new albums while I still listen to the previous one.

If one of my favorite artists releases a new album every week, I'd buy them on the day of the release.

But it doesn't mean that on Tuesday I'm already looking forward to next Monday after only listening to the new album maybe a couple of times.

I guess with VR I might, but they're not one of the bands I'd call favorites.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2007, 03:24:09 PM »

The only complaint I have is the predictable arrangements of intro, verse, prechorus, chrous, verse, prechorus, chorus, bridge, solo, chorus. Almost every song on libertad follows that arrangement, and it so easy to identify each part, you know automatically whats coming next.

Well yeah... actually if you take a close look at the songs you?ll see that, in almost all of them, the solo starts in the last min of the song (like 1.50min/1.00min). Kinda predicting and boring yes... They should diverse a bit more on the songs, no doubt about that. They can do that as we saw on Messages. But hey! Till now I?m quite happy with the band and its two albums. The only thing I?m sad about is the fact that I haven?t seen them live yet.  no
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 03:31:35 PM by Ines » Logged

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2007, 03:32:10 PM »

I guess with VR I might, but they're not one of the bands I'd call favorites.? hihi

/jarmo

But they were, weren?t they?

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2007, 03:40:37 PM »

I guess with VR I might, but they're not one of the bands I'd call favorites.  hihi

/jarmo

But they were, weren?t they?

Nope. Velvet Revolver has never ever been one of my favorite artists. Maybe you just assumed they were because I went to see them.

Did you know the day before I saw VR in London in 2004 I saw Mark Lanegan and that show made a bigger impression on me than any of the VR shows I saw?

Some people around me went on and on about how great it was, sure it was a great show at the time, but Lanegan was special.

VR is not Guns N' Roses, Pearl Jam, Nine Inch Nails, Mark Lanegan or even Depeche Mode.

There's a lot of other artists who's music I like too. But I'm not gonna bother listing them since it's not really the topic.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2007, 04:08:13 PM »

Yeah... fair enough.  ok  But I gotta press this button again- you have seen VR 5 times right? If someone tells me they went to see some band 5 times I must assume they like it, that they ain?t indiferent to them. That would be quite weird if it was the contrary. I mean... 5 times is quite a lot. So I gotta ask you this: what made you see them 5 times?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2007, 04:46:27 PM »

what made you see them 5 times?

It was an excuse to go to London twice within six months.

I like London, I like traveling, I like going to concerts, I enjoy meeting friends and some of them were going to these shows....

I didn't even go because it was VR basically. It was just because of the GN'R connection. Couldn't really care less about seeing Matt, but I hadn't seen Duff or Slash since they left GN'R.

Slash canceled a show I had tickets for in 2000. Two days before the show they moved it elsewhere so I didn't get to see them. You think I'm a huge Snakepit fan too?  hihi

Anything else you wanna know?

/jarmo

Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2007, 04:56:34 PM »

what made you see them 5 times?

It was an excuse to go to London twice within six months.

I like London, I like traveling, I like going to concerts, I enjoy meeting friends and some of them were going to these shows....

I didn't even go because it was VR basically. It was just because of the GN'R connection. Couldn't really care less about seeing Matt, but I hadn't seen Duff or Slash since they left GN'R.

Slash canceled a show I had tickets for in 2000. Two days before the show they moved it elsewhere so I didn't get to see them. You think I'm a huge Snakepit fan too?? hihi

Anything else you wanna know?

/jarmo

So you never ever liked VR?

(last question I promise  Wink)

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2007, 05:04:32 PM »

I thought a few songs on Contraband were good when it came out, but overall I thought the album lacked focus.

I can't stand their front man.

So it's kinda hard to "like" them when I think the singer is overrated and his whole act is a fucking pose.

/jarmo

Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2007, 09:09:08 PM »

the day after a new record comes out im already looking forward to the next one

Wow, what a short attention span. Tongue

I personally tend to listen to the albums for a while.

/jarmo

i like listening to as much music by bands i like as i can

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2007, 10:22:30 PM »

If there is a third album, it will be more like Contraband.

Hopefully they won't bow to pressures from the record label when making this album.

I'm not sure what you mean by that? Because anyone in the music industry will tell you that the label would have wanted a record like Contraband as the second album, seeing as how Contraband sold so well.? Why do you think SBQM was the first single?? The record label beleives VR's was because Contraband was a mass-appealing album and probably demanded or preferred the same record again.? But obviously no musician with any respect for himself wants to repeat themselves on the next album, but be more creative and try different things.

I mean, that maybe they won't listen to RCA and put out a WEAK first single like they did with SBQM.

Maybe Slash can try and work a bit harder instead of having Clive fucking Davis come in and give him some direction with his solo's.

They might not go in such a "diverse" direction and just put out a straight ahead rock album like CB.  Maybe they can achieve gold that way....
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2007, 07:30:17 PM »

If there is a third album, it will be more like Contraband.

Hopefully they won't bow to pressures from the record label when making this album.

I'm not sure what you mean by that? Because anyone in the music industry will tell you that the label would have wanted a record like Contraband as the second album, seeing as how Contraband sold so well.  Why do you think SBQM was the first single?  The record label beleives VR's was because Contraband was a mass-appealing album and probably demanded or preferred the same record again.  But obviously no musician with any respect for himself wants to repeat themselves on the next album, but be more creative and try different things.

I mean, that maybe they won't listen to RCA and put out a WEAK first single like they did with SBQM.

Maybe Slash can try and work a bit harder instead of having Clive fucking Davis come in and give him some direction with his solo's.

They might not go in such a "diverse" direction and just put out a straight ahead rock album like CB.  Maybe they can achieve gold that way....

dont you mean platinum?

but yeah, clive fuckin davis. SBQM didnt have a solo on it until Clive wanted one. He probably wanted one on every song, made tht band change arrangements here and their. Fuck him if he did.
slashvr86
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2007, 12:16:44 AM »

that was get out the door actually
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2007, 03:40:32 AM »

the more i come to this forum the more i come to the conclusion this is a place for axl n' roses fans, not gnr or rock fans   Embarrassed

that's only my opinion

peace and keep on rockin'!!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2007, 10:20:13 AM »

the more i come to this forum the more i come to the conclusion this is a place for axl n' roses fans, not gnr or rock fans   Embarrassed

that's only my opinion

peace and keep on rockin'!!!

My opinion is that you're an idiot since Axl is in GN'R.

GN'R plays rock n' roll.

So, if you like the music Axl makes, you like the music GN'R makes and it's called rock music....

peace

/jarmo

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2007, 10:56:56 AM »

damn, jarmo you used the "idiot" shit, not cool.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=48897.msg1000497#msg1000497

hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2007, 12:49:41 PM »

Yeah, but I only do it on special occasions such as this.

Obviously, for this guy being a GN'R and rock fan is different from being an Axl fan.

/jarmo

darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2007, 03:45:15 PM »

I'm not saying he's right, but he does have a point. Some people here think GNR is Axl, which it isn't. It's a band. But their loyalty is to one person and one person only. And there are a few of those flamers here, especially some of the people that are in the VR section just to bash VR cause they think that's what Axl wants. I think his post was dedicated to those poor misguided souls.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2007, 03:56:16 PM »

I'm not saying he's right, but he does have a point. Some people here think GNR is Axl, which it isn't. It's a band. But their loyalty is to one person and one person only. And there are a few of those flamers here, especially some of the people that are in the VR section just to bash VR cause they think that's what Axl wants. I think his post was dedicated to those poor misguided souls.

Axl, Axl, Axl....

His point is that you can be a GN'R fan and hate Axl.

Then you don't like GN'R. You like the GN'R that once existed and only exists in your mind these days.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: