Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:07:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227756 Posts in 43244 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2007-2008 NBA Season
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2007-2008 NBA Season  (Read 88882 times)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« on: September 30, 2007, 10:25:33 PM »

Basketball is on it's way.... What are your thoughts on the new season?

As far as Toronto is concerned, it doesn't appear that the referee scandal has decreased interest in the sport since we may be looking at 40 sell-outs.  I just picked up tickets to see Phoenix and the Lakers.... hopefully injuries won't prevent me from seeing the superstars.

How do you think Boston will fair with the new "big three"?  I'm confident that Toronto takes the division and I could see Chicago finishing on top of the East at the end of the regular season.  As for the West..... well, Dallas should have motivation this year.  The Lakers?  They will be a mess.  As will the Knicks.

I'm getting excited.   ok
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 10:40:48 PM »

Eazy, I'm just not excited about the NBA anymore.  Sad

When I think of the NBA that I followed when I was growing up, you just couldn't beat it.  The league is a mess nowadays.

And I honestly think they should disallow zone defenses.  I think the game really slowed down when they implemented that rule.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 10:07:51 AM »

I'll admit the game isn't at it's peak right now... but it's not absolutely terrible.? I still can't wait for things to get rolling.

The 3 stars in Boston alone should be enough to tune in and see what happens... You can check out how much the drama in NY and LA is going to affect the teams... How Dallas is going to rebound from it's playoff collapse... the Suns are always entertaining.... and that draft class of 2003 (Lebron, Melo, Bosh, Wade) are all starting to get in a groove which should be awesome to watch.? I think ticket sales and viewing have been increasing for the past handful of years, too.

Did your interest gradually fade once they started allowing zones?? I don't think teams use them too often... and a team like Phoenix certainly isn't fazed when they're putting up 100+ points a game.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 10:34:16 AM »

There's a rumor that Gary Payton may make the "Big 3" into the "Big 4".

We'll see.

I'm a long time (and recently suffering) Celtics fan.  I'm pretty happy with what they've done in the off season....now we have to see what happens during the season.  If they are as good as their potential is.....they should be able to run the table in the East.  The west is still MUCH stronger, though...and that's going to prove to be a challenge.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 10:53:05 AM »

yeah boston looks excitin' .. i'm a heat fan.. mostly cuz of shaq, shame he aint half of what he used to be.. chicago will be dangerous, Big Ben's the man yes I still can't stand kobe in lakers Undecided shame about that rookie with his injury or whatever.. and when miami wont win it i root for the cavs ok

there it is hihi
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 12:17:05 AM »

Yeah, I didn't notice it at the time, but when I look back on things, my interest started fading around 2003 or so. 

Remember in the 90's?  EVERY team was capable of putting up numbers just like Phoenix.  The gameplay was fast and more exciting.  Players these days have forgotten about fundamentals.

The turnover ratio is just horrendous.

I'll admit there are a lot of exciting stories around, but players these days are so fragile.  Look at Ray Allen, he might go down and ruin Boston's chances.

I just think I was spoiled growing up.  Remember the NBA on NBC?  Those were the days!  hihi
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 09:47:12 AM »

I'll admit there are a lot of exciting stories around, but players these days are so fragile. Look at Ray Allen, he might go down and ruin Boston's chances.

I just think I was spoiled growing up. Remember the NBA on NBC? Those were the days! hihi

I think if any of the three go down it will ruin Boston's chances....

I do remember the "good old days", NBA on NBC was awesome... Today may not be AS good, but there are some great rising stars.  Maybe you just need to find the inner kid in you.   hihi
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 05:33:58 PM »

Heat deal Walker to T-Wolves, get Davis

Antoine Walker's turbulent time with the Miami Heat is over.

The Heat traded the three-time all-star forward to the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday in a five-player deal that came one day after Miami completed a winless pre-season.

Walker, backup centre Michael Doleac, oft-injured forward Wayne Simien and a conditional first-round draft pick were sent to Minnesota for former Miami swingman Ricky Davis and centre Mark Blount.

The deal gives Miami the third scoring option it wanted in Davis. The Heat will try to fit him in alongside Shaquille O'Neal and Dwyane Wade - the 2006 finals MVP who'll miss a few more weeks while recovering from knee and shoulder surgeries.

Walker helped the Heat win the 2006 NBA title but hasn't always had the easiest time dealing with Heat coach Pat Riley's strict conditioning standards. He was briefly suspended last year because his body-fat measurement wasn't within team limits, and he came to training camp this month not in the shape Riley wanted.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 11:11:43 AM »

The Heat are in trouble.... A first round sweep in last years playoffs.... An injured D-Wade.... An aging Shaq who can't carry a team by himself.... A handful of free agents that took off over the summer.... and now an 0-7 record in the preseason.

I know preseason means nothing, but still, the outlook isn't very good for the team who were NBA champions a few years back.   Shocked
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 08:37:32 AM »

tip off tonight
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2007, 10:24:33 AM »

I'll be attending the Raps home opener tomorrow... can't wait.  Boston will be in town on Sunday, can't wait to see how they look on the court in the regular season!
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 08:45:28 PM »

shaq should have retired after the heat won the championship Undecided
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 11:51:20 AM »

shaq should have retired after the heat won the championship Undecided

... a loss to Seattle WITH Wade.... you may be right.

The Celtics are 7-0, best start in 35 years, SOMEONE here must be paying attention?
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2007, 08:03:21 AM »

celtics killed the knicks last night
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 08:03:25 AM »

Shaq to PHX

The Phoenix Suns today acquired four-time NBA Champion Shaquille O?Neal from the Miami Heat in exchange for forward Shawn Marion and guard Marcus Banks, pending completion of physical examinations by both teams.
?We?re thrilled to add a player and person of Shaquille?s quality to our roster,? President of Basketball Operations and General Manager Steve Kerr said. ?We believe this addition strengthens our team. We thank Shawn and Marcus for their contributions to our team. Shawn in particular has been a tremendous player for this organization the past eight-and-a-half years and his impact both on and off the court in Phoenix will not be forgotten.?
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 08:25:11 AM »

Ya I seen that...I'm not really sure who wins there....I mean the players do...Marion wanted out and i'm sure Shaq couldnt be happier going to a winning team...but team wise you look at the names and assume Phoenix won...but Shaqs gettilg pretty old...It'll be interesting though

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 09:05:02 AM »

shaq is my alltime favourite and will always be..

..but i think miami won on this one.. thinking about the future shaq is as said getting old, this season; phx will continue to win so nothing much will change for them, but miami might lose a little less this season, and win a little more the next

kinda cool with 2 new twin towers though with amare and shaq (if shaq can play Undecided)
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 11:25:30 AM »

..but i think miami won on this one.. thinking about the future shaq is as said getting old, this season; phx will continue to win so nothing much will change for them, but miami might lose a little less this season, and win a little more the next

kinda cool with 2 new twin towers though with amare and shaq (if shaq can play Undecided)

I've always been a huge Shaq fan myself from day one (I still have my Orlando Magic's jersey), but I agree with you.  It was super-wise for Miami to get rid of him, unfortunately Shaq has run out of Diesel and he should have hung it up two years ago.  It's not like he needs the money or another title.  I'd rather have seen Shaq go out at the top of his game, then see him pissing around as a novelty act. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 12:16:53 PM »

I've always been a huge Shaq fan myself from day one (I still have my Orlando Magic's jersey), but I agree with you.  It was super-wise for Miami to get rid of him, unfortunately Shaq has run out of Diesel and he should have hung it up two years ago.  It's not like he needs the money or another title.  I'd rather have seen Shaq go out at the top of his game, then see him pissing around as a novelty act. 

I dont think of Shaq as a novelty act.not yet anwyay( he is a far cry from Emmit Smith and Jerry Rice)...Phoenix is taking a big risk..HOWEVER if it pays off they are going to look brilliant.....I dont really sweat them getting rid of Marion, because they have 3 or 4 players on that team that bring exactly what Marion does anyway...they NEEDED a big man...and everyone knows that a MOTIVATED Shaq is very dangerous.....Im a Utah Jazz fan and i thought acquiring Korver was GENIUS and nobody talked about it...well they are 16-2 since they got Korver and have won 10 in a row...i am also not happy to see Shaq back in the West
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 01:19:33 PM »

Phoenix just blew their shot at a championship!  rofl

I love Steve Kerr, but that was a dumb move.  Shaq is going to slow down their high octane offense, miss crucial free throws, and spend more time on the injured list.

Shaq and Amare are the Twin Towers?

The real Twin Towers are Gasol and Bynum.  Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: