Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:41:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  BRAND NEW DVDR I JUST GOT TODAY
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: BRAND NEW DVDR I JUST GOT TODAY  (Read 14234 times)
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2007, 05:25:36 AM »

as a result GN'R fans need some guide with listing the best (not all) sources with some quality description and comparing to other sources so that people like "droezle" wouldnt need to give away their money to cashhorny bootleg companies or download crap quality.

Someone is working on that...

GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2007, 05:58:49 AM »

but yeah, its some hard to get the best source for some newer collectors (or so) when f.e. you have to pick from ~20 different authored Ritz88 shows. as a result GN'R fans need some guide with listing the best (not all) sources with some quality description and comparing to other sources so that people like "droezle" wouldnt need to give away their money to cashhorny bootleg companies or download crap quality."

That is exactly what the GNR trading community needs!!
A guide with the best sources of a show with proper lineages and quality control!.

The guide that existed so far "by listing all the DVDs ever authored" resulted in people authoring the same SA sources, re-authoring DVDs and bad transfers!! People ended making new menus and multipe versions of each show so they that they will have something to trade or sell....A BLOODY MESS!!

GNR Community is the worst Re-authoring trading community with multiple versions of Each show..

In my opinion the following steps will help to make this community ready for the next 2008 Tour.

- Make a forum where GNR Tapers could discuss and plan the filming of upcoming GNR shows
- A group of core traders who will suport the Tapers within the community
- A DVD Guide Listing Only the Best/Quality Sources with proper Lineage:
- A "Guide" with Taping/Filming tips for those who want to try tape a show but don't know how.
- A "Guide" of how to quality Transfer Masters/VHS and Author

ROSE
VIP

Nice boys Dont Play Rock N Roll!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2007, 07:08:00 AM »

A complete list of the best quality version of each show out there in audio and dvd would be great.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2007, 08:54:02 PM »

as a result GN'R fans need some guide with listing the best (not all) sources with some quality description and comparing to other sources so that people like "droezle" wouldnt need to give away their money to cashhorny bootleg companies or download crap quality.

Exactly.

The majority of the DVD collectors dont always know what is the best version of a DVD, and then they find there are like a million versions of that DVD, most of them re-authorings of the same source.

A lot of persons are authoring the same old sources just to see their names on the GNR DVD guide or to have something ''rare'' to trade. That's idiotic, but while there is still people collecting EVERYTHING blindly, without thinking, the reauthoring will never stop.

-------------------

Every collector with a big collection, an authoring software and minimum skills is a potential ''bootleg company''. Silver pressed DVDs and CDs are in the 99% of the cases the same thing available to download for free ar trackers. Don't buy. They are not GNR insiders with access to new sources, they are not filmers, they are just people trying to make money

- Make a forum where GNR Tapers could discuss and plan the filming of upcoming GNR shows
- A group of core traders who will suport the Tapers within the community
- A DVD Guide Listing Only the Best/Quality Sources with proper Lineage:
- A "Guide" with Taping/Filming tips for those who want to try tape a show but don't know how.
- A "Guide" of how to quality Transfer Masters/VHS and Author

Agreed with all these things, specially with the one in bold. Sources with proper lineages must be a requirement both in DVD's and FLAC's at trackers. Talking about FLACs, there's an insane number of lossy sources circulating as ''FLAC'' in the GNR community and they are still being shared.

The only thing I would like to understand a little bit better is what you mean by ''supporting'' tapers. If that means giving some money to the taper to help him cover some of his expenses, that's cool and I agree with that. But ''supporting'' should not mean paying the taper his whole ''adventure'' like tickets, flight, food, accomodation, equipment...

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2007, 02:18:40 AM »

I understand how some people like collecting boots from gnr shows past and present,

but some of you guys are over fanatical with this kinda stuff...

I just dont see the whole point in having 23942 different authored, same quality boots from the same show....

I think it would be better time spent,
just finding the best 1-2 authored of each show,
and only collect that,
otherwise its as pointless as counting stars of a night...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2007, 01:13:58 PM »

I understand how some people like collecting boots from gnr shows past and present,

but some of you guys are over fanatical with this kinda stuff...

I just dont see the whole point in having 23942 different authored, same quality boots from the same show....

I think it would be better time spent,
just finding the best 1-2 authored of each show,
and only collect that,
otherwise its as pointless as counting stars of a night...

and you're entitled to your opinion. some people like having multiple shows, as some are better than others. I, for one, like collecting atleast one authoring of each show. If there are multiple sources with multiple authorings, then I get more. However sometimes when there is no 'new' shows to trade for, I just collect multiple editions of each.
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2007, 01:38:36 PM »

again like i said if u trade and collect these dvdr u always get a trader that asks for a version u might not have so i get them all

THANK GOD FOR THE BOMB    http://gnrundergroundnation.co.nr/    A COOL NEW GNR TRADING DL SITE
ssiscool
Opening Act

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2007, 10:11:10 AM »

How did you get BTD's stuff i thought he only gave it out to VIPs on banned.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: