Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 01:37:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227993 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Glitterati
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Glitterati  (Read 1396 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« on: October 25, 2007, 04:13:23 PM »

Surprised this band doesn't have a thread already, i thought either mrlee or myself would of created one already.

Well they are a great English Rock Band from Leeds and have so far released one album which had some class tracks on Here Comes A Close Up, Heartbreaker, Betterman.  If you a fan of bands like Roadstar you'll like these, i was blown away when i saw them play Download a few years back.

They have a new album due this year with some demo's of tracks on their myspace, although 2 members were announced to of left yesterday so that might hold things up nervous

http://www.myspace.com/theglitterati

Heartbreaker

You Got Nothing On Me

Back In Power

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 05:36:22 PM »

to be honest, i never really got into them, or had albums by them to listen to, i should work on getting some material

they still dont have the other album out?

i checked there site like over a year ago , damn it must be taking time.

html sucks
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 09:12:00 AM »

They were probably my favourite 'new' rock band of the past 5 years.  They managed to bring some classic influence without sound dated in the way that Roadstar / The Answer do (in my opinion).  Unfortunately they were victims of the usual major label shit and also the press deciding to hype them massively and then not follow through on the support once the album came out. 

Gutted that Jamie and Nic have left.  My band was supposed to be supporting on two dates a couple of weeks back and couldn't do it - now I really wish we'd done it as they were the last gigs with that line-up.

I have seen them three times and played with them once and they have never failed to impress me.  I'm looking forward to hearing the new album - I just hope they have the determination to carry on despite having to get new members and work out financial stuff.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: