Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 04:49:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228059 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GNR picture book (Reckless Road)
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR picture book (Reckless Road)  (Read 155493 times)
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #480 on: November 28, 2007, 10:14:50 AM »

FYI . . .

I ordered my book (Axl Cover) on 11/21 and I just got the notice that it shipped today. The eta is 12/03.  So it appears as if they are taking orders and shipping them in a timely manner.

Wake up. . . .time to die
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #481 on: November 28, 2007, 11:02:19 AM »

FYI...

The ones that ordered them all still haven't got them! rant rant

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
lipeguns
Rocker

This guy wanna pinch my ass! Ha! Ha! Ha!

« Reply #482 on: November 29, 2007, 02:12:39 PM »

FINALLY! My Book arrived 50 days after shipping! Grin Grin Grin

It's incredible, amazing, awesome!!! ok beer ok
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #483 on: November 29, 2007, 06:19:08 PM »

Mine arrived yesterday, about a month after my shipping confirmation email and i live in hamilton ON.

The book is great, the only complaints i have is the size, it looks smaller than slash's bio...can't see right now as i lent that book to a friend allready.  Also I was hoping for more backstage and off stage photos.  Other than that, Marc Canter did a good job on this and i'm glad slash had someone in his life like Marc.   looking forward to checking out the enhanced parts eventually.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #484 on: November 29, 2007, 07:01:27 PM »

FYI...

The ones that ordered them all still haven't got them! rant rant

same here. i hope they ship them out before the year is over
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #485 on: December 02, 2007, 09:51:18 AM »

So, when can we expect to see some more content uploaded?  I'm sure that getting all the books shipped out to the poor people who don't have them yet is your top priority, but i'd still love to know when we can expect something?  And will we be getting entire concerts, or just fragments? 
Thanks
Don

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
recklessroad
Opening Act

recklessroad.com

« Reply #486 on: December 02, 2007, 02:32:42 PM »

This project is about a book that covers the first 50 gigs. The on-line extras are something special that puts a cherry on top of this project. It gives you a taste of what the shows sounded like. As far as the whole shows that would have to be a different project and something that the band would want to do. There will be some more interviews that go up at some point and more photos and the map will soon be interactive.

recklessroad.com
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #487 on: December 02, 2007, 03:45:51 PM »

i'd still love to know when we can expect something?  And will we be getting entire concerts, or just fragments? 

I'm assuming you can own the copyrights to photos you take, and can publish them, but you can't "release" GN'R's music just like that.

I think there's a reason why bootlegs are manufactured by these shady companies in certain countries.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #488 on: December 02, 2007, 04:42:11 PM »

i'd still love to know when we can expect something?  And will we be getting entire concerts, or just fragments? 

I'm assuming you can own the copyrights to photos you take, and can publish them, but you can't "release" GN'R's music just like that.

I think there's a reason why bootlegs are manufactured by these shady companies in certain countries.....

/jarmo

Sure, but Axl has given the thumbs up to all these pictures, aside from two.  I guess since he (Marc) recorded them with the bands blessing, as long as the band are ok with it, he can release them?  They aren't property of the record company or anything, surely?  Especially those filmed before they were signed.  It just seems a shame to be sitting on these recordings, and here we have a medium that is perfect for releasing them, and people who want them. 

I guess really, i just find it frustrating knowing that out there is somewhere is the recording of Nightrain, as it was first played, and I can only hear the first few seconds! 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #489 on: December 02, 2007, 05:02:15 PM »

I don't know exactly how involved Axl was in this book. One thing is for certain, he wasn't interviewed for it, or Izzy for that matter. Since they don't appear on the web site or the book.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #490 on: December 02, 2007, 06:21:48 PM »

I don't know exactly how involved Axl was in this book. One thing is for certain, he wasn't interviewed for it, or Izzy for that matter. Since they don't appear on the web site or the book.

/jarmo

I think I remember something about Axl having approved the pictures and only taking a few out.
lipeguns
Rocker

This guy wanna pinch my ass! Ha! Ha! Ha!

« Reply #491 on: December 04, 2007, 11:33:33 AM »

Little (1MB) video of the book turning pages:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y608ug
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #492 on: December 08, 2007, 10:47:24 AM »

Last night I was watching an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm, the one where Larry sets up a blind friend on a "blind date".  Anyhow he asks the other partner in the "blind date" if she wants to get some lunch and if she likes delicatessen.  Then they flash to a shot of the Canter's Restaraunt sign, where of course the band used to hang out back in the early days.  Thought that was kind of cool.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #493 on: December 09, 2007, 06:33:16 AM »

Last night I was watching an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm, the one where Larry sets up a blind friend on a "blind date".? Anyhow he asks the other partner in the "blind date" if she wants to get some lunch and if she likes delicatessen.? Then they flash to a shot of the Canter's Restaraunt sign, where of course the band used to hang out back in the early days.? Thought that was kind of cool.

thats a fookin kick ass show,

I laugh my ass of in that,
I love the fat dude in it

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Wando
Rocker

« Reply #494 on: December 09, 2007, 06:43:58 AM »

/jarmo

I think I remember something about Axl having approved the pictures and only taking a few out.
I heard that too, I also beleive there was one picture that said "Courtesy of Axl Rose".
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #495 on: December 10, 2007, 12:03:06 AM »

/jarmo

I heard that too, I also beleive there was one picture that said "Courtesy of Axl Rose".

Correct, the Hell Revisited flyer pictured in the book was courtest of Axl. And Axl only took two pictures outta the book that he didn't want in there.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
recklessroad
Opening Act

recklessroad.com

« Reply #496 on: December 10, 2007, 12:48:36 AM »

Axl looked at the photos in the first layout of the book a while back. It was only 1 photo that Axl asked "does this have to be here" And it was  because he didn't think the person who was in the photo  had anything much to do with GNR. Its not that he didn't like the photo. He just felt that maybe it didn't belong there. At the time Axl looked at the book he remembered a few things about the shows and that info was added to the book. He was not interviewed when the rest of the cast of characters did their interviews. As far as Izzy , He was all set to come look at the photos and make some comments until he found out that we were doing video interviews. Then we lost him. I did see Izzy like 2 months later at the Black Sabbath show and he asked if everything worked out ok with the book.

recklessroad.com
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #497 on: December 10, 2007, 02:07:24 AM »

what did you tell him? No, coz alot of ppl still didn't receive their order? why not ship out what you have and ship out the stuff that isn't ready yet later?

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
ACE_is_BACK
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #498 on: December 10, 2007, 04:44:16 AM »

what did you tell him? No, coz alot of ppl still didn't receive their order? why not ship out what you have and ship out the stuff that isn't ready yet later?

There's alot more to putting a book out than you think, I can see. Do you honestly believe that an author just prints books at his house or something and then ships them out as he feels? You realize there are publishers, printers, distributors, etc? right? and all these parties all have to be on the exact same page for things to go forward (it should be easy to understand on a board revolving around gnr) If it was as easy as "just ship the books out", everyone would have their books already. Sp stop trying to be a smartass and  fuckin deal with it.
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #499 on: December 10, 2007, 05:13:24 AM »

I can deal with it when they start giving the ppl who still haven't received their PRE-ordered books updates by EMAIL of why they haven't shipped out yet (i've payed alot of money alot of months ago and still got nothing!)...or even better...reply to emails that where sent to ask about their orders!

Now i have to come to a board and read, i don't know how many, pages to sometimes find small pieces of info. But mostly i see replies of other ppl who've didn't PRE-order and got their order send out immediately.

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: