Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:04:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227811 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Formula 1 - 2007 season
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Formula 1 - 2007 season  (Read 28685 times)
elmir
VIP

« Reply #140 on: October 25, 2007, 05:25:31 AM »

the real reason why he had trouble at the start:

Lewis Hamilton has allegedly confessed to accidentally shutting down his MP4-22 during the Brazilian GP, which McLaren later claimed was a gearbox failure.

Going into the eighth lap of the grand prix, Hamilton's McLaren lost power for roughly 30 seconds dropping him down from fourth to 18th place.

The team later reported that the rookie had suffered a temporary gearbox failure.

Hamilton, though, has now allegedly confessed that it wasn't a failure but he had in fact accidentally turned off his car.

"My finger slipped on the steering wheel and I accidentally pressed the button used for the starting sequence," he reportedly told French-language daily newspaper La Presse.

"The car went into neutral and I had to reinitialise the system, that is, reload the gearbox management program."

McLaren have offered no comment on the story. But it is worth reminding readers that only yesterday Ron Dennis spoke out angrily about the amount of inaccurate reports appearing on the internet...

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #141 on: October 25, 2007, 01:12:35 PM »

"I feel sorry for Lewis after his performances this year as a rookie. Raikkonen is champion. I just hopes he starts talking more."

- Bernie Ecclestone

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/motorsport/2007/10/25/ron-blew-it-for-lewis-89520-20005386/

Poor Bernie, haven't understood that the secret to winning an F1 championship is driving, not talking.

Ferrari didn't hire Kimi to talk.

People watch F1 to see exciting races, not because somebody's talking about pointless things between the races.

Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Tynia
Rocker

My name was AXL

« Reply #142 on: October 30, 2007, 07:44:53 PM »

"I feel sorry for Lewis after his performances this year as a rookie. Raikkonen is champion. I just hopes he starts talking more."

- Bernie Ecclestone

Ferrari didn't hire Kimi to talk.

I love the way Kimi's talking lately? Cheesy He's quite open about his feelings and talking just the things which seem to be most important to him!
Bernie must be fucking satisfied with that? hihi

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/10/24/kimi-so-happy-it-hurts/

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/10/30/raikkonen-to-return-in-december/

I also like the way he smiles? Grin? Cool

Justice exists!!!? Tongue? ok FIAmilton go home!

Kimi so much afforded to be the 2007 champion? love!!! Congrats!!! (The Mclaren appeal won't make no difference, cause they don't have strong evidence!)

But still the best overtaking of the final race belong to One And Only Mr. Robert KUBICA? Grin

http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z4-9gD5HKo

(specialy for you guys with some Polish commentary? Wink? ok)

PS Jarmo, did you drink all your vodka that evening? Wink? Grin ?

Warsaw, you're fuckin' amazing! W. Axl Rose 15.06.2006
elmir
VIP

« Reply #143 on: November 19, 2007, 05:55:17 AM »

and its official.

Kimi crowned Champ after McLaren appeal is rejected
Friday 16th November 2007

Kimi Raikkonen's status as 2007 World Champion has been confirmed after the FIA Court of Appeal rejected McLaren's right to appeal the result of the Brazil GP.

Had the BMWs of Nick Heidfeld and Robert Kubica as well as the Williams of Nico Rosberg been disqualified after allegedly using illegal fuel during the race, Lewis Hamilton would have been promoted to fourth place - a gain sufficient for him to 'win' the championship by a single point.

However, in a curious judgement, the Court of Appeal have upheld the result - and thus Raikkonen's status as champion - by concluding that 'the appeal lodged by Vodafone McLaren Mercedes is inadmissible',

Confirming the judgment, a statement read: "Following a report from the technical delegate indicating the temperature of fuel pumped into the cars number nine Nick Heidfeld, number 10 Robert Kubica, number 16 Nico Rosberg and number 17 Kazuki Nakajima, was more than 10 degrees centigrade below ambient temperature, the stewards of the meeting met to consider whether a penalty should be imposed.

"Having heard the evidence they decided not to impose a penalty as they had sufficient doubt as to both the temperature of the fuel on board the car and to the true ambient temperature.

"Having heard the explanations of both parties and having examined the various documents and other evidence, the court decided that the appeal lodged by Vodafone McLaren Mercedes is inadmissible."

McLaren had called into question the decision of the stewards at Interlagos not to punish Williams and BMW Sauber for apparently using 'cool fuel', so gaining a performance advantage.

Rosberg, Kubica and Heidfield finished fourth, fifth and sixth respectively in Brazil behind race-winner Raikkonen, with Hamilton seventh and so missing out on the title by a point from the Finn.

McLaren continually maintained in the build-up to the appeal there motive was for clarity of the regulations, and not for Hamilton to win the title in the courtroom.

However, after initially arguing whether McLaren's case was first admissible, and then the merits of their action, the team's lawyer Ian Mill QC called for disqualifcation of the three drivers and a reclassification of the championship.

That prompted Ferrari's lawyer, Nigel Tozzi QC, to brand McLaren as "naked opportunists," further suggesting they are "shameless hypocrites devoid of any integrity".

The four judges - John Cassidy from the United States, Vassilis Koussis from Greece, Jose Nacedo E Cunha from Portugal and Jan Stovicek from the Czech Republic - listened to four hours of legal argument at the hearing.

Their verdict concludes a miserable season for McLaren, notably as the team were fined ?50million and stripped of all constructors' points in the 'spygate' case.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: