Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 04:54:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  was there ever a band that never reunited?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: was there ever a band that never reunited?  (Read 12763 times)
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2007, 10:27:19 PM »

As memtioned, The Replacements would be huge. Uncle Tupelo would be nice as would Buffalo Springfield. . . . .  . . . . I am still hoping the Scrantonicity split is just temporary.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2007, 12:50:17 AM »

Guns N' Roses perhaps?  Tongue

they are together now.    pretty stupid thing to say on your part.

I think you know what he means.  Why are you so sensitive about this?  Is it really that offensive to think that some people might enjoy the Appetite or UYI era lineups?

I don't think it's offensive at all, nor do I think the vast majority of those who post here would ever disrespect anything the Appetite / UYI lineup accomplished, or the tremendous musical legacy they left in their wake. 

That said, HTGTH gives the majority of us a place to focus on the active GnR of here and now.   I'd say the majority around here who are thrilled with the modern-era Guns, and occasionally, it gets insanely frustrating wading through references to reunions, the old lineup, etc..    I'm not sure "stupid" is the word I'd use, but I know that there's enough to be happy about with the touring GnR of the past two years that I'm more than happy to leave the old lineup in the past, where they belong.   Here's to CD, whenever that glorious day arrives...   peace

Please don't take me for someone who's opposed to the current lineup, because I'm not.  I've gone to see them live, I listen to the songs, and I can't wait for CD.

I agree that the constant talk about the old lineup in threads having nothing to do with them can get tedious at times.   But to talk about a reunion in a thread about band reunions seems reasonable.  The quote didn't imply a preference for the old lineup(s) over the new, but simply stated a fact: the original (Appetite) lineup of Guns N' Roses has not reunited, and the same is true of the UYI era lineup.  You don't find this idea offensive, and neither do I, but anyone coaxed to insulting other users (as you said, is it really necessary to call him/her "stupid"?) seems to find it thus.  And, considering that the quote is nearly a month old, and isn't even a part of the ongoing discussion, it seems that it was sought out for the purpose of making a point.

Anyway, I don't usually comment on these spats, but when the same users, again and again, insult others because they happen to disagree with something they say then it gets just as obnoxious as those who inject the "old band v. new band" junk into every thread in the first place.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2007, 12:55:07 AM »

CCR was a great one I never thought about....NWA couldnt because Eazy E is dead

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2007, 06:20:05 AM »

Please don't take me for someone who's opposed to the current lineup, because I'm not.  I've gone to see them live, I listen to the songs, and I can't wait for CD.

I agree that the constant talk about the old lineup in threads having nothing to do with them can get tedious at times.   But to talk about a reunion in a thread about band reunions seems reasonable.  The quote didn't imply a preference for the old lineup(s) over the new, but simply stated a fact: the original (Appetite) lineup of Guns N' Roses has not reunited, and the same is true of the UYI era lineup.  You don't find this idea offensive, and neither do I, but anyone coaxed to insulting other users (as you said, is it really necessary to call him/her "stupid"?) seems to find it thus.  And, considering that the quote is nearly a month old, and isn't even a part of the ongoing discussion, it seems that it was sought out for the purpose of making a point.

Anyway, I don't usually comment on these spats, but when the same users, again and again, insult others because they happen to disagree with something they say then it gets just as obnoxious as those who inject the "old band v. new band" junk into every thread in the first place.

aw, c'mon now.. I didn't call him/her stupid, I said they said something that was stupid.  huge difference.  And he/she said "Guns N' Roses perhaps?"   when in reality this board is here to support the band that is Guns N' Roses right now.    that is all.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2007, 07:52:56 AM »

Hey, that's not stopping Alice in Chains, is it?
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2007, 08:01:55 AM »

... would be nice as would Buffalo Springfield.

I bet Grahm Nash doesn't share your sentiment. Grin

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2007, 08:26:32 AM »

Guns N' Roses perhaps?? Tongue

they are together now.? ? pretty stupid thing to say on your part.

I think you know what he means.? Why are you so sensitive about this?? Is it really that offensive to think that some people might enjoy the Appetite or UYI era lineups?

I don't think it's offensive at all, nor do I think the vast majority of those who post here would ever disrespect anything the Appetite / UYI lineup accomplished, or the tremendous musical legacy they left in their wake.?

That said, HTGTH gives the majority of us a place to focus on the active GnR of here and now.? ?I'd say the majority around here who are thrilled with the modern-era Guns, and occasionally, it gets insanely frustrating wading through references to reunions, the old lineup, etc..? ? I'm not sure "stupid" is the word I'd use, but I know that there's enough to be happy about with the touring GnR of the past two years that I'm more than happy to leave the old lineup in the past, where they belong.? ?Here's to CD, whenever that glorious day arrives...? ?peace

Please don't take me for someone who's opposed to the current lineup, because I'm not.? I've gone to see them live, I listen to the songs, and I can't wait for CD.

I agree that the constant talk about the old lineup in threads having nothing to do with them can get tedious at times.? ?But to talk about a reunion in a thread about band reunions seems reasonable.? The quote didn't imply a preference for the old lineup(s) over the new, but simply stated a fact: the original (Appetite) lineup of Guns N' Roses has not reunited, and the same is true of the UYI era lineup.? You don't find this idea offensive, and neither do I, but anyone coaxed to insulting other users (as you said, is it really necessary to call him/her "stupid"?) seems to find it thus.? And, considering that the quote is nearly a month old, and isn't even a part of the ongoing discussion, it seems that it was sought out for the purpose of making a point.

? ?

Thanks for the well-written and reasonable response...kind of refreshing around here from time to time! ? hihi ?I agree with all that you said, and - like yourself, I try to avoid participating in any of these non-stop spats that pop up over the same old things. ?But, playing Devil's advocate, the original post only said "Guns n Roses," and it's not unreasonable for that to be interpreted as yet another poster pretending the current band doesn't exist, and worse yet, trying to take a shot at all the current band has accomplished. ?Had the original poster said it as clearly as you did - that the original (Appetite) lineup has not reunited - I imagine it would have been far less likely to have come off as abrasive to anyone. ?

So, back to reunions, then... ?
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2007, 10:51:15 AM »

Thanks for the well-written and reasonable response...kind of refreshing around here from time to time!   hihi  I agree with all that you said, and - like yourself, I try to avoid participating in any of these non-stop spats that pop up over the same old things.  But, playing Devil's advocate, the original post only said "Guns n Roses," and it's not unreasonable for that to be interpreted as yet another poster pretending the current band doesn't exist, and worse yet, trying to take a shot at all the current band has accomplished.  Had the original poster said it as clearly as you did - that the original (Appetite) lineup has not reunited - I imagine it would have been far less likely to have come off as abrasive to anyone.   

So, back to reunions, then... 

Fair enough. 

Of course, we've gotten to the point that ALL GNR fans reach.  We're nitpicking over the exact wording of a statement, looking for clues about the author's intent, mindset at the time, and, if possible, what he/she had for lunch the day it was written.  rofl

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2007, 11:15:48 AM »

Hey, that's not stopping Alice in Chains, is it?

No but I think were talking about a true reunion of original members...or at least the core...

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: