Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:10:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Relationship Question
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Relationship Question  (Read 19416 times)
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« on: November 11, 2007, 09:19:43 PM »

Hello fellow Gunners. I had a simple question involving a girl I hope I could get some advice on.

I am currently a Junior in College. I am without a girlfriend recently for the first time since I started here. A few weeks ago, I met a girl that I found to be very cute. We have hung out some and have plans to continue to do so in the future. I have found myself extremely attracted to her.

However, she started a relationship with a guy less than a week before we met. I have never once been one to meddle in another person's affairs, but I really don't want to see this girl get away.

My question is whether I should pursue, and if I should what I should do. I like this girl alot but would have to be a dick, and if I should leave it alone then I will. I have not really been in this situation so I thought I'd ask my friends here for some help.

Thanks.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 10:02:08 PM »

I say go for it.  She just started dating this guy a week ago, so they're not engaged or anything.  I think you should pursue her as long as you don't do anything evil or horribly deceptive regarding this other guy.  If you have plans to continue hanging out in the future, than I think you still have one foot in the door. 

Also, you could just be honest with this girl and say you like her and you want to date her.  Tell her you want to throw your hat in the ring.

Good luck!

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 10:03:36 PM »

i can't help ya much on that note there but if i were you i'd let it play out and hopefully something happens where you can expose this other dude for the dick he is (may be (idk)).

but buck up man i sure you'll get much advise here

Good luck what ever happens ok

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
GunnerOne 84
VIP

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 10:19:20 PM »

No, I don't plan to do anything terrible to the other guy. I don't even want her to cheat, I just want to get with her after they are over. I've thought about telling her but not sure if it's the best idea.

Thanks for the help so far!

Chief
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 10:29:13 PM »

I totally agree with this post.. i say go for it and see what happens, hopefully its good!

I say go for it.  She just started dating this guy a week ago, so they're not engaged or anything.  I think you should pursue her as long as you don't do anything evil or horribly deceptive regarding this other guy.  If you have plans to continue hanging out in the future, than I think you still have one foot in the door. 

Also, you could just be honest with this girl and say you like her and you want to date her.  Tell her you want to throw your hat in the ring.

Good luck!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 10:29:34 PM »

Just be her friend...it doesn't sound like you are too intense yet or if they are yet...play it out and see what happens. In the meantime, show her what a great guy you are. Chicks really dig guys who can make them laugh and put them at ease. Be yourself, hang out with her when you get the chance and make her feel good about hanging with you. Try not to talk shit about the other guy cuz that could throw up red flags for her. Be her friend and if she sees you how you want her too, she may change her mind about the other guy. Keep yourself definately in the picture Wink

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 10:36:31 PM »

Lisa's right.  Take it from an old-timer like me.  Be yourself.  Be a gentleman.  Have fun man, you're in college. 

If she just started going out with this guy, it's not like they are "exclusive."  Make yourself available and see how it plays out.

My best advice to you would be...never settle.  I never did, and it totally paid off.  You are going to be attracted to a lot of chicks throughout your life.  Does she seem like the kind of person you're compatible with?  A lot of guys make the mistake of hooking up with anything that gives them wood...bad mistake.  I wish you luck dude!   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
GunnerOne 84
VIP

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 10:43:00 PM »

Thanks man.

I am always making the effort to be a gentleman when I am around her or talking to her. I am almost positive she has no idea I am interested. I definitely don't want to settle here, I did that last time around. I had no intention of getting with anyone for a while, she just happened along and I was hooked instantly.

She seems very compatible with me, although we don't know each other to well yet. We do have a lot of the same interests and invite each other to different things. At this point I would just love to take her out one night and see how it would go. But she is gorgeous and extremely nice, and would hate to not have a shot at her.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 11:28:23 PM »

Best of luck to ya!  I'm psyched for you.  Sounds like you've got a good outlook on things.

"I had no intention of getting with anyone for a while..."  Isn't it funny how that works?  When ya least expect it...POW!  It hits ya.  Women rock.   yes

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
GunnerOne 84
VIP

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 11:36:57 PM »

Best of luck to ya!  I'm psyched for you.  Sounds like you've got a good outlook on things.

"I had no intention of getting with anyone for a while..."  Isn't it funny how that works?  When ya least expect it...POW!  It hits ya.  Women rock.   yes

Yes it definitetly does. She stopped over my place one night for a party and got all dressed up-way over dressed for our party but I didn't mind haha , and I was just floored by her. And I was just like uh oh I'm in trouble now.

Women do rock. 

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 07:19:24 AM »

Gentleman?

This is where you fail.

Other than that listen to lisa.

I try to explain the gentleman thing; I got friends who are real nice to girls, a.k.a. gentleman, they don't get the pursue.

Not one. The women they have ain't due pursue.

I've had my moments. Actually I've told my friends "that one I will have." And I have. Every time. So maybe I havent been able to keep 'em, but I've had them. And I'm not talking one night either.

So I haven't done this by being a "gentleman", but rather going for the bad boy-thing. You all know how the saying goes.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 07:24:26 AM »

Gentleman?

This is where you fail.

I try to explain the gentleman thing; I got friends who are real nice to girls, a.k.a. gentleman, they don't get the pursue.

I've had my moments. Actually I've told my friends "that one I will have." And I have. Every time. So maybe I havent been able to keep 'em, but I've had them. And I'm not talking one night either.

So I haven't done this by being a "gentleman", but rather going for the bad boy-thing. You all know how the saying goes.

This guy speaks the truth.

Boys, never take advice from women on how to get women.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
rds.06
Jackie!!!
Rocker

"I'm Melting"

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 08:48:28 AM »

Gentleman?

This is where you fail.

Boys, never take advice from women on how to get women.

Very true.

My advice is, play it cool, become friendly with her but not to friendly, you dont want her to enjoy your friendship so much that she doesnt want to ruin it by getting in a relationship with you.

Make her laugh and let her no your available, that means do not talk to her about girls you were with or girls you might like. Just let her no your single. Thus giving her an alternative to her present boyfriend.

Dont try and fuck things up between herself and her boyfriend for a while, as its in its early days and chances are it will fall apart naturally, if you do try mess things up make sure your not obivious in doing so.

My golden rule is not to become to friendly with her as this has happened to me a few times and your left with a hot girl that just wants to be friends, and that is the worst outcome. ?

If you get bored with waiting get her & yourself drunk and just tell her how you feel. If she turns you down blame the drink. If all else fails use your friendship to hook up with some of her friends.

Good luck. Keep us updated. ?ok ?

"to live with fortune and fame"
GunnerOne 84
VIP

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007, 04:02:19 PM »

Well, I think have a decent plan of attack. We are supposed to get together twice this week and hang out. I'd like to tell her how I feel and see what she says to me.

However, we are both involved in a co-ed athletic team here at the university, which is how we met. We were a female short and we didn't know her but she stepped in and really helped us out. Our first playoff game is the 26th, and I i really don't want to mess up the team for this, cause I Don't want to screw the people that play for me.

So I figure I will wait until we are eliminated or win the title (hopefully this) and let her know then. It will give me some more time to feel her out, and not make things messy. Once the season ends I can tell her, and if it goes ugly I guess we can part ways.

Anyone think I'm crazy or is this a good idea? I don't ever stress about females, but I'm pretty much a wreck with this one. Thanks.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2007, 06:02:24 PM »

Gentleman?

This is where you fail.

Sin Cut, I love ya man!  In a non-gay way of course. Smiley  Sin Cut reminds me a lot of a buddy of mine.  He scores.  He's the guy who when he sets his mind to it, gets the girl almost every time.  I'm not that kind of guy.  I'm selective almost to a fault.

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is that if you want to get girls, Sin Cut's the man with the best advice.  If you want to get "thee" girl the "right" way (long-term of course) I like my approach.

Being in college affords you a great opportunity to get to know girls really well before you're even "dating."  It's awesome.  To be able to connect on a friend level first is amazing.

By the way, you brought back great memories.  My wife and I were teammates back in college,...co-ed football.  Great stuff, battles between dorms, etc.  Great memories.   yes

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2007, 06:12:42 PM »

Don't let her go dude, go talk to her, ask her questions about herself how's she doing in life what colours she likes stuff like that, she will talk a lot, and I mean A LOT, so pay attention cause in one of those talking she'll give you hint of what she really wants now, study her body language if she notice that you're checking her out she wont know exactly what you want, and she will like the intrigue, anyway other thing take her dancing, or to some bar a few beers is ok, maybe a little chit chat, always make her talk so you can know what she wants and how she is. Remember you are like a salesmen and you're selling yourself  Wink  peace

Peace and good luck.

No man can be my equal
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2007, 06:29:47 PM »

Gentleman?

This is where you fail.

lol i was  expecting you to go.

"right this is my advice, tell the guy he pisses you off, kick his ass and ride off with the girl into the night!"

html sucks
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2007, 09:23:09 PM »

I'm going to get hammered for this, but what the hell. Dude, you're a Junior in college. What are you ...23 or 24? Hose everything you can get your hands on. If you have to spend over a couple of weeks on it, move on to the next. Keep a couple in play at all times. When you get older, you will look back on these days with fondness. They will all be out of your life by then anyway.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
SLCPUNK
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2007, 09:26:18 PM »

I concur.

BIGTIME.
mallrat
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2007, 09:28:53 PM »

Just make sure you keep your swimmers in their own pool.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: