Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:03:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Petition to get GN'R @ Rock In Rio Lisbon 2008
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Petition to get GN'R @ Rock In Rio Lisbon 2008  (Read 9339 times)
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2007, 02:31:18 PM »

I'm only responding because I see a girl in this thread getting trashed on over something so innocuous as wanting to see GNR play in her country. 
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2007, 02:56:24 PM »

I'm only responding because I see a girl in this thread getting trashed on over something so innocuous as wanting to see GNR play in her country.?

i'll second that. she wants to see them play in her own country...that's a pretty good idea....give her a break...

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2007, 03:18:24 PM »

Yay... so many portuguese people down here! How cool!  Grin

Anyway... I signed this many months ago, although I know it ain?t gonna happen. Velvet will be in Lisbon early next year and I doubt they?ll come again by the summer. As to Metallica, I?m almost 100% sure they?ll play RiR 2008 with a new album coming. As to Guns... well... they were here in the last RiR edition and unless by then the album is released, I don?t see a reason they?d come again to the festival. But I?d love to see them here again anytime.

And god... what?s the damn problem with this petition? It doesn?t say these three bands will play in the same day does it? Relax guys.... what has to happen will happen eventually, being the reunion or not... it ain?t this petition that will define whether it will happen or not.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2007, 03:32:10 PM »

Metallic a and velvet?

Why not make it just for gnr appearance?

anyways if my memory serves me correctly, the chief of RIR officially said they wanted GNR to play in the next RIR last year.
Alpachiris
Rocker

www.gnrla.com

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2007, 04:20:10 PM »

I don't understand why you want VR to be there as the opening act. Unless you think there'll be a "GN'R reunion" there?

The petition itself I could understand, we all wanna see GN'R! But then you start wishing for VR to be there and it's just too much....

Sorry, but I think it went from something I could understand to just stupid.

/jarmo

yeahh  its true!!!   hihi

Fortus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2007, 04:39:42 PM »

No sign, I dont want VR, I dont want a riot...
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2007, 04:43:52 PM »

put the damn album out and forget more live shows..they already played  a million shows already..dont be greedy
CryGirl
Headliner

Love's so estranged...

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2007, 05:15:57 PM »

Metallic a and velvet?

Why not make it just for gnr appearance?

anyways if my memory serves me correctly, the chief of RIR officially said they wanted GNR to play in the next RIR last year.

Well, if the petition was my idea, I wouldn't probably put so many bands on it.
But the whole idea came from a bunch of people in other board, so it this was the general opinion to the petition.
That would be like a dream to have all those bands together, it wil never happen, but another GN'R show is our main goal. We love them, it was an amazing show 2 years ago. That's why. Smiley
But I don't recall Medina saying that they will play again. If it is so, which I really wish for, only God knows... No news about it yet.

But thanks for understanding me (the one's who did). Really appreciate your words.
I know the guy who wrote the petition, there's nothing? wrong with it, really.
But you don't know me at all, so I guess you have the right no to be comfortable with it. That's ok. Smiley

For those who really want to help and already did it, thanks once again. Wink

peace

Fuck the press! Axl's the BEST!

www.gunsnrosesportugal.com
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2007, 05:50:24 PM »

I think having the two bands play like that is just asking for some kind of backstage fight or something of the like.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2007, 06:18:48 PM »

I think having the two bands play like that is just asking for some kind of backstage fight or something of the like.

If you know anything about what's happened in the last few years in the GN'R world, you'd figure out not to lump GN'R together with that band.

You might as well put The Beatles and Elvis in the petition too.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GUNNER
Rocker

son of a gun

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2007, 07:54:16 PM »

I'm the one o created this petition and, although I did not create this topic, I feel the obligation to explain some things and i hope you understand my poor English ...

I spent more than a half of my life being a GN'R fan, so i don't accept from anyone lessons about "how to be a fan", that's why i need to say some things:

So, what's the problem with this petition, after all? Which part don't you understand?

This is just a petition to get GN'R into RIR 2008... If you feel betrayed or if you think that I am just using GN'R to bring VR and Metallica to RIR 2008, than, you can't be more wrong.

I'm not a VR fan and i even hate Scott. I like Metallica but i wouldn't make a petition for them.

This is the part where you ask me: "So, why did you made a petition for those three bands?"

Simple. A did it for the show.
I think that RIR shoud be an even bigger event. I think that the shows should be even better. I think that the bands can't continue to be chosen in any way. I think there must be a framework and a solid criterion for choosing a band ... That?s why i passed by my own personal preferences ... That's why i had come to the conclusion that the combination of these three bands could result in an event of a larger scale.

I didn't make this petition, in this way, to have a GN'R reunion ... i like very much the new band and I think that is fine as it is ... but I understand that most fans would like to see, at the same event, GN'R and some members from the old band, such as Slash or Duff, even if they were not playing together ... Yes, it would be stupid to try a reunion of the entire old band in this way, but that's not what this petition's for...

Why did I put metallica at the same petition, too? It seems quite obvious to me. Anyone doubts about the grandeur of the last GN'R + Metallica tour?

For those who refuse to participate in the petition because they find impossible to have GNR and VR on the same event, let me just remind you that the petition is not directed to the bands, but to the organization of RIR ... Obvious shows do not need petitions ... The purpose of a petition is precisely to lead to the organization of the event the opinion of the masses ... to show them what people wants, even if it is something seemingly impossible.

For those who feel offended just because this petiton includes other bands, and for those who refuse to sign it because of that, let me just say ... I'm the one o feel offended, as a fan, , knowing that there are other "fans" who refuse to sign a petition to GN'R? regardless of they're reasons.

I do it in an unconditional way ... If there was a petition for GN'R + Bullshit, I would sign it for GN'R...

Frankly, I do not understand all this drama around a simple petition ... if you want to sign it, do it... else, don't do it.

Nobody will spam your mail-box? rofl

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2007, 08:05:45 PM »

So you don't understand when somebody says that by adding those two bands, you ruined the petition?

Your priority is to get GN'R to play at the festival (which I'm sure the organizers would love too considering the history they have with GN'R) but you want them to share the bill with a band like VR who hasn't exactly been "pro-GN'R". There's plenty of other bands out there who would deserve to play for a bunch of GN'R fans more than VR.

As I said, I understand you wanting GN'R to play in your city again.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2007, 08:09:15 PM »

yea dude you'd just have more success if you just made it about GnR.   ok 

Hopefully if they do play 2008, they don't fuck up the soundboard mix on the live broadcast.  that last one was horrid Sad   amazing show tho.
GUNNER
Rocker

son of a gun

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2007, 08:12:21 PM »

There's plenty of other bands out there who would deserve to play for a bunch of GN'R fans more than VR.

If i'll see any petition online for GN'R and any of those bands, i will sign it ?ok

CryGirl
Headliner

Love's so estranged...

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2007, 08:14:16 PM »

You should've been there with us, JimBob, where the sound was... GREAAAT!!? yes beer
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 08:16:00 PM by CryGirl » Logged

Fuck the press! Axl's the BEST!

www.gunsnrosesportugal.com
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2007, 08:17:32 PM »

You should've been there with us, JimBob, where the sound was... GREAAAT!!  yes beer

if they play 2008 i'd really try to make it for that.    i saw some clips that were shot from the audience and the sound was great there.
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2007, 08:48:18 PM »

07 sound great , better then in 01. Hope like hell they play in 08.

CD will be out when it's out. ....
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2007, 09:02:27 PM »

2001 rio was one of the best shows the band has ever done, ever....it was way better than 06'

Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2007, 09:07:09 PM »

2001 rio was one of the best shows the band has ever done, ever....it was way better than 06'

I don't know ... The band seemed more tighter at the 06 show.   Ah fuck it both shows kick ass.

CD will be out when it's out. ....
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2007, 09:10:39 PM »

I don't know ... The band seemed more tighter at the 06 show.? ?Ah fuck it both shows kick ass.

oh, i liked the 06' show, dont get me wrong. but the 01' show was much more emotional , unpredictable and i thought the band was on fire....not to take anything away from the 06' show...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: