Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:28:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Formula 1 - 2008 season
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Formula 1 - 2008 season  (Read 49136 times)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #140 on: September 25, 2008, 09:30:30 AM »

http://www.formula1.com/services/play_video.html

it'd be cool to see a GNR tune as one of the themese for the upcoming races Cheesy

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #141 on: September 28, 2008, 08:45:38 AM »

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!!!!
why did they do that to massa!!!!!!!!!!!
fruck
fuckđašwgf
fuck fuck
fuck

fuck fuck fuck
damn it
fuck fuck fuck
damn
fuck damn fuck fuuuuuuurgewa
greagrae

aerg
areg
areg
rae
grea
gareioghzjreioaqjgpiaerjigojearoijgpoireajgreag
rea

fucking nelson pique jr for crashing in the damn fall
fuck trhe damnn gmechanic for screwing it all up...
fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuckf

frestjhgpiresipzgqoip0gAQWĐŽ

someone kill the cofck sucker who made up that crappy lights at the pit...
why cant they use the ordinary lollypop like normal pepole do.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 08:47:36 AM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #142 on: September 28, 2008, 09:15:51 AM »

fucking pique crashed that wall on purpose.... so alonso could get gain.

or alonso fucked up his car on purpose.

Lucky
Legend

« Reply #143 on: September 28, 2008, 10:25:25 AM »

P.S. in case your program has a lot of comertials during the race... use http://www.justin.tv/loto11
it has a live stream.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #144 on: October 12, 2008, 02:18:01 AM »

Nice to see Lewis Hamilton driving like an amateur again.

If Kimi would've been driving like him, they would've crashed in the first corner. Instead, Kimi ended up off the track and lost positions.....

Massa was driving in a similar way....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #145 on: October 12, 2008, 04:10:13 AM »

Nice to see Lewis Hamilton driving like an amateur again.

I totally agree, he blew his chances himself. Great start from Kimi though, it was just too much for Lewis to handle and he did a stupid mistake trying to take the first place back.

I had a little smile on my face when Massa hit his car..

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #146 on: October 12, 2008, 05:10:20 AM »

Hamilton made a mistake with braking too late but he didn't hit anyone.. as far as I'm concerned this was just a racing incident and not worth a penalty. Massa deliberatly hit Hamilton and both got the same penalty? It's fucking ridiculous.. Ferrari International Assistence is up their asses again like usual.

And if anyone has listened to the press conference, both Alonso and Kubica mentioned that pretty much everyone at the start braked (too) late because their tires/brakes cooled off fast because of the cool temperature.

Kimi was fast but not fast enough (like usual this season), Alonso and Kubica deserved their positions, especially Alonso.

And Massa, well as the Dutch commentators have been saying this for a while when he's up front he's really fast, but when something is not quite right he's nowhere. 'He's a very fast driver but not a racer'.

Oh and the fact that Bourdais also got a penalty shows the FIA will do everything they can to help Ferrari to the championship, Bourdais drove carefull, stayed on the inside so didn't push Massa away aswell as he didn't brake too late. Massa just drove in like he wasn't there:

« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 06:27:10 AM by IzzyDutch » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #147 on: October 12, 2008, 11:20:39 AM »

Hamilton made a mistake with braking too late but he didn't hit anyone.. as far as I'm concerned this was just a racing incident and not worth a penalty. Massa deliberatly hit Hamilton and both got the same penalty? It's fucking ridiculous.. Ferrari International Assistence is up their asses again like usual.

I agree that the penalties didn't reflect the things they did.

But it was ironic about how Norbert Haug was telling German TV before the race that Kimi wouldn't crash into Lewis in the first corner.... That's not Kimi's style.  Roll Eyes

Lewis admitted that he made a mistake.

What if he had taken himself and Kimi out of the race like he did in Canada? It could've happened if Kimi hadn't seen what was coming.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #148 on: October 12, 2008, 11:49:39 AM »

Bourdais loses points over Massa clash

Toro Rosso?s Sebastien Bourdais has had 25 seconds added to his Japanese Grand Prix race time as penalty for making contact with Ferrari?s Felipe Massa. The stewards? decision drops Bourdais from sixth to 10th in the results and elevates Massa to seventh.

Bourdais was rejoining the race after his second pit stop on lap 50 when Massa attempted to pass around the outside at Turn One. The pair made contact, tipping the Brazilian into a spin. Massa subsequently continued, finishing in eighth place.

The penalty means Bourdais? team mate Sebastian Vettel moves up to sixth place ahead of Massa, while Red Bull?s Mark Webber picks up a point for eighth. It also means Lewis Hamilton?s championship lead over Massa is cut to just five points.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #149 on: October 12, 2008, 11:53:11 AM »

Kimi said he was pushed out by Heikki, as in touched. Don't think Lewis touched anyone but he really forced people off the track on that first corner.

Yeah, ok, the penalties are favoring Ferrari, but do McLaren really deserve to win? Actually, all 4 "top" drivers this year made numerous amateurous mistakes. Whoever becomes the world champion, will be the least impressive and deserving ever. Second close will be last year's  Tongue

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #150 on: October 12, 2008, 12:10:50 PM »

What if he had taken himself and Kimi out of the race like he did in Canada? It could've happened if Kimi hadn't seen what was coming.

/jarmo

Then he should be punished, not now. And in Canada Lewis was punished (next race along with Rosberg).

There is a difference between forcing someone deliberatly off the track and having no other place to go (this is racing, stuff like this happens) in this case Lewis braked too late and overshoot the car, more or less the same as with the guys behind him only extremer. The thing is seperate the two from eachother, and then when you do penalize atleast do it constant and not like the FIA has been doing this season with extremes. There need to be rules that when you do certain things not allowed it gets a certain punishment, not getting a 25 sec stop and go penalty while someone else gets only a fine. For example the Belgium situation, here Lewis get's punished but the same situation happened in Hungary 2006 with Schumi and de la Rosa (see YouTube) and no punishment there.

It's no secret that FIA acts in ways that are in favor of Ferrari (actually the FIA admitted a few years ago that Ferrari had a 'unique' place in the F1 championship because of it's history and is treated after it). I'm surely we can all agree that again after a race in the 2008 season the talk are about FIA penalties and not the race itself. That's not good.. this has to change.

I just read a Massa interview post race, he says he finds it 'unbelievable that Lewis took high risks during the start' wasn't he the one who bumped Lewis off? and that 'that situation with Lewis was a typical race incident' and that the situation with Bourdais 'speaks for itself and doesn't need further explanation'.

I had and have respect for Raikkonen but Massa, never had and never will..

Kimi said he was pushed out by Heikki, as in touched. Don't think Lewis touched anyone but he really forced people off the track on that first corner.

Yeah, ok, the penalties are favoring Ferrari, but do McLaren really deserve to win? Actually, all 4 "top" drivers this year made numerous amateurous mistakes. Whoever becomes the world champion, will be the least impressive and deserving ever. Second close will be last year's  Tongue

Lewis didn't touch anything as the replay on Youtube shows but Heikki indeed hit Kimi.

'Yeah, ok, the penalties are favoring Ferrari, but do McLaren really deserve to win?' You said it yourself.. the team and driver who are the strongest should win, not by FIA rulings and penalties. Both Ferrari and McLaren are very close to eachother and made mistakes, according to Bridgestone the weather decides who has the fastest car (cooler temp McClaren with a base-oversteering car and hotter weather Ferrari with a base-understeering car). Lewis and McClaren are now 5 points ahead and have made the least amount of mistakes especially McClaren as a team, but those points ahead would've been a lot bigger if the FIA didn't make such a mess out of it. I want the best team and driver to win the championships, fair but exciting and close racing aswell, but the FIA has made a big mess of things this season.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #151 on: October 12, 2008, 01:42:16 PM »

I'm surely we can all agree that again after a race in the 2008 season the talk are about FIA penalties and not the race itself. That's not good.. this has to change.

Maybe if Lewis Hamilton didn't constantly "bend the rules" we wouldn't have to?

The drivers have always have this kind of gentleman's agreement. You have to pay attention in the first corner.

Yes, things happen in racing but I just can't understand how you defend what he did. He even admits making a mistake.

You think it's ok for him to take somebody else out while getting a favorable position himself?

Did you ever think that maybe if Heikki didn't have to deal with whatever shit Lewis was pulling at the start, he wouldn't have touched Kimi?

Lewis pulled the same shit in Monza. Pushing others off the track.

You can't keep doing it race after race and not expect some stewards to think you're using it to your advantage.

Robert and Kimi had a fair fight. Robert didn't push Kimi off the track, he chose a line and stuck to it. That's racing.

The difference between Robert and Lewis seems to be that Robert knows what's ok and what's not.

Massa did the same as Hamilton. Bending the rules to his advantage, cutting the chicane and crashing into another car isn't really a "race incident".

Oh, and did you notice Hamilton "racing" Alonso on the last lap?

That could've ended pretty ugly....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/formula_1/article4922887.ece

Not all drivers seem to like his way of driving.....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 02:00:31 PM by jarmo » Logged

IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #152 on: October 12, 2008, 03:11:43 PM »

Maybe if Lewis Hamilton didn't constantly "bend the rules" we wouldn't have to?

The drivers have always have this kind of gentleman's agreement. You have to pay attention in the first corner.

Again he breaked too late but it wasn't on purpose and he didn't hit anyone. It seems that nomatter what Lewis does it's never right. Well atleast he's got some balls, he drives fast and can do some great overtaking.

Yes, things happen in racing but I just can't understand how you defend what he did. He even admits making a mistake.

You think it's ok for him to take somebody else out while getting a favorable position himself?

Well it's obvious he made a mistake, which I mentioned before, the real question is if it deserves a stop and go penalty. Cause he didn't hit anyone, in contrary to someone like Kimi Raikkonen did in Monaco but escaped penalty?

Did you ever think that maybe if Heikki didn't have to deal with whatever shit Lewis was pulling at the start, he wouldn't have touched Kimi?

Have you heard Heikki's post race interview? He says he doesn't find anything wrong with the way Lewis was driving.

Lewis pulled the same shit in Monza. Pushing others off the track.

You can't keep doing it race after race and not expect some stewards to think you're using it to your advantage.

Lewis hasn't done anything dramatic in Monza.. except from driving his ass from way behind to the front.

Robert and Kimi had a fair fight. Robert didn't push Kimi off the track, he chose a line and stuck to it. That's racing.

The difference between Robert and Lewis seems to be that Robert knows what's ok and what's not.

Massa did the same as Hamilton. Bending the rules to his advantage, cutting the chicane and crashing into another car isn't really a "race incident".

Oh, and did you notice Hamilton "racing" Alonso on the last lap?

That could've ended pretty ugly....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/formula_1/article4922887.ece

Not all drivers seem to like his way of driving.....

/jarmo

You'll always have drivers complaining about other drivers, same when Schumi was still active. All I can say is I think Lewis is great for the sport.. I don't see harm in his driving other then he's fast (especially in the rain) and you know that when he's behind someone he can pull off some great overtaking. He's what F1 needs.

There's the McLaren vs Ferrari fan discussion world wide, that's understandable but what not is the fact that the FIA is so inconsistent with giving penalties and punishments. That's for me the main issue and I guess for a lot people.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 01:00:04 PM by IzzyDutch » Logged
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #153 on: October 12, 2008, 04:31:46 PM »

it was the race stewards decision not th fia's  ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #154 on: October 12, 2008, 05:59:23 PM »

Again he breaked too late but it wasn't on purpose and he didn't hit anyone.

Did his maneuver give him an unfair advantage?

It seems that nomatter what Lewis does it's never right. Well atleast he's got some balls, he drives fast and can do some great overtaking.

He doesn't handle pressure too well.

Well it's obvious he made a mistake, which I mentioned before, the real question is if it deserves a stop and go penalty. Cause he didn't hit anyone, in contrary to someone like Kimi Raikkonen did in Monaco but escaped penalty?

#1: It was a drive through penalty, not a stop and go.
#2: Kimi's incident in Monaco didn't make him get ahead of the driver. Plus the conditions were wet. It wasn't the first corner of the race in normal conditions.
#3: Kimi received a drive through in Monaco for something his team did. So he was penalized for something he had no control over. By your logic, they should've punished the team, not the driver since he did nothing wrong?

Have you heard Heikki's post race interview? He says he doesn't find anything wrong with the way Lewis was driving.

Is this the same Heikki Kovalainen who's been supporting Lewis all season. Who happens to drive for the same team? Who happened to make contact with Kimi's car because of what Lewis did?

Oh right. He surely must be totally objective!

McLaren didn't do anything wrong. Ever. Ask Ron Dennis!

Lewis hasn't done anything dramatic in Monza.. except from driving his ass from way behind to the front.

I guess you weren't watching the race....

You'll always have drivers complaining about other drivers, same when Schumi was still active. All I can say is I think Lewis is great for the sport.. I don't see harm in his driving other then he's fast (especially in the rain) and you know that when he's behind someone he can pull off some great overtaking. He's what F1 needs.

Schumacher had a lot of dirty tricks up his sleeve too.

Why do you think he respects Mika H?kkinen the most out of all the drivers he competed against? Mika was fair.

/jarmo

IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #155 on: October 13, 2008, 12:49:03 PM »

Did his maneuver give him an unfair advantage?

Seeing as he ended up like 7th or 8th position after a lap and wasn't leading, no.

He doesn't handle pressure too well.

Uh.. he and his team are handling pressure better then Kimi and Massa and their team.. which is why they're in the lead. Ferrari as a team has made some pretty big mistakes this season, one of their weaknesses is that as soon as something happens that makes sure their regular tactic goes overboard they're not anticipating well on it. Kimi, well with all the crashes and slow pace speaks for itself, Massa is incredibly fast but not a racer. When he's not in the lead he's driving invincible his laps. It took him 5 or 6 laps to overtake Button yesterday, Lewis did it direct.

With that said all three drivers made mistakes, of the 4 possible title candidates only Kubica made 1 mistake in England.

#1: It was a drive through penalty, not a stop and go.
#2: Kimi's incident in Monaco didn't make him get ahead of the driver. Plus the conditions were wet. It wasn't the first corner of the race in normal conditions.
#3: Kimi received a drive through in Monaco for something his team did. So he was penalized for something he had no control over. By your logic, they should've punished the team, not the driver since he did nothing wrong?

No it didn't make him ahead but he did eliminate Sutil who was in 4th position! Plus just like Lewis he made the simple mistake of braking too late, which is part of racing. And the conditions were the same for everyone. And for that mistake it was Kimi who did it, not Ferrari btw Kimi was behind the wheel.

Is this the same Heikki Kovalainen who's been supporting Lewis all season. Who happens to drive for the same team? Who happened to make contact with Kimi's car because of what Lewis did?

Oh right. He surely must be totally objective!

McLaren didn't do anything wrong. Ever. Ask Ron Dennis!

Pff the same thing applies for Ferrari, ask Domenicali!  And Heikki actually says that he was responsible for touching Kimi on his own. The guy ain't that fast but he's got his own opinion.

I guess you weren't watching the race....

I did, just not thru red glasses....

Schumacher had a lot of dirty tricks up his sleeve too.
Why do you think he respects Mika H?kkinen the most out of all the drivers he competed against? Mika was fair.

/jarmo

Well, for the record I have never been a Schumi fan, on the contrary actually he was my least favorite driver because of those tricks. And when Hakkinen was driving I was a big fan of him. But Schumi's tricks are not comparable with the so-called Lewis tricks.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 12:59:11 PM by IzzyDutch » Logged
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #156 on: October 13, 2008, 04:04:01 PM »

nice race. to bad for massa he only got 2 points.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #157 on: October 13, 2008, 07:34:52 PM »

Seeing as he ended up like 7th or 8th position after a lap and wasn't leading, no.

But he was ahead of Kimi. The one he pushed off...

Uh.. he and his team are handling pressure better then Kimi and Massa and their team.. which is why they're in the lead.

I think Kimi proved that he can handle the pressure last year....

Remember Brazil last year? Compare that to last weekend.

Kimi, well with all the crashes and slow pace speaks for itself

Does it?

No it didn't make him ahead but he did eliminate Sutil who was in 4th position! Plus just like Lewis he made the simple mistake of braking too late, which is part of racing.

Braking too late? He hit a damp spot.

So you fail to see the difference in blocking somebody in order to get ahead and crashing into somebody and ending your own race.

And the conditions were the same for everyone. And for that mistake it was Kimi who did it, not Ferrari btw Kimi was behind the wheel.

I guess I have to spell it out for you: Kimi received a penalty for the fact that one of his tyres wasn't properly attached to the car when the three minute warning came.

Correct me if I'm wrong, it's not the driver's job to fasten the tyres to the car?

Pff the same thing applies for Ferrari, ask Domenicali!  And Heikki actually says that he was responsible for touching Kimi on his own. The guy ain't that fast but he's got his own opinion.

Oh he's fast. Just don't fill his car up for every qualifying in order to make sure Lewis is ahead...

Well, for the record I have never been a Schumi fan, on the contrary actually he was my least favorite driver because of those tricks. And when Hakkinen was driving I was a big fan of him. But Schumi's tricks are not comparable with the so-called Lewis tricks.

Well Lewis is only trying for his second year.

And already he's getting this kind of attention....

/jarmo

IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #158 on: October 14, 2008, 12:56:40 PM »

But he was ahead of Kimi. The one he pushed off...

But it was an accident.. Lewis did not deliberatly brake to late. I have never ever seen an action like this at the start being punished with a drive through penalty, let alone a penalty at all.

I think Kimi proved that he can handle the pressure last year....
Remember Brazil last year? Compare that to last weekend.

Last year final races Kimi drove strong but there was no pressure at all.. since most people assumed he was done for the championship. And this year is different from last year, this year it's pretty bad.

Does it?

Yes. Are you saying Kimi does a good job this year? And don't blame the car..

Braking too late? He hit a damp spot.

So you fail to see the difference in blocking somebody in order to get ahead and crashing into somebody and ending your own race.

Braking to late or damp spot, it was an accident by Kimi, not intential just like with Lewis so why does Lewis gets punished and Kimi doesn't when Kimi actually also touched another car?

I guess I have to spell it out for you: Kimi received a penalty for the fact that one of his tyres wasn't properly attached to the car when the three minute warning came.

Correct me if I'm wrong, it's not the driver's job to fasten the tyres to the car?

Uh, I was never talking about the start incident with his tyres? There was nothing wrong with that, penalty was correct. I was talking about the same Sutil incident. He accidently ram Sutil off the track but did not get a penalty for that. He should have got one.

Oh he's fast. Just don't fill his car up for every qualifying in order to make sure Lewis is ahead...

Common that's bullshit.. Lewis is just the fastest fair and square. Actually it's Dutch but to prove I'm not making it up here Heiki says he's dissapointed by this years season but has learned alot especially about setting the car up and driving it the right way. So he pretty much blames himself there:

http://www.formule1.nl/nieuwsbericht/10-32-7996.html

Well Lewis is only trying for his second year.

And already he's getting this kind of attention....

Well I'd say Lewis is doing a hell of a job in F1, he's a great driver in only his second year. With good attention always comes bad attention.

I'm gonna leave it at this though, all made our points and the quotes are taking to much time to type out Tongue
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 12:58:11 PM by IzzyDutch » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #159 on: October 14, 2008, 01:27:48 PM »

But it was an accident.. Lewis did not deliberatly brake to late. I have never ever seen an action like this at the start being punished with a drive through penalty, let alone a penalty at all.

He said it was a mistake.

Something caused it. It was him braking way too late.

Last year final races Kimi drove strong but there was no pressure at all.. since most people assumed he was done for the championship. And this year is different from last year, this year it's pretty bad.

The biggest difference is the car and its handling.

Yes. Are you saying Kimi does a good job this year? And don't blame the car..

I can't blame the car? Why not?

When everybody knows how big problems Ferrari has to get the tyres and brakes working in colder temperatures.

It's kinda stupid to ignore that fact.

It's like saying the car doesn't matter at all to the driver's performance.

Braking to late or damp spot, it was an accident by Kimi, not intential just like with Lewis so why does Lewis gets punished and Kimi doesn't when Kimi actually also touched another car?

How do you know Lewis' move wasn't intentional?

He tried to use the inside track just like he tried to use the chicane to his advantage in Belgium.

Uh, I was never talking about the start incident with his tyres? There was nothing wrong with that, penalty was correct. I was talking about the same Sutil incident. He accidently ram Sutil off the track but did not get a penalty for that. He should have got one.

His penalty was a DNF in the race.

I'm sure the stewards looked at it and saw that it was a real race incident.

Common that's bullshit.. Lewis is just the fastest fair and square. Actually it's Dutch but to prove I'm not making it up here Heiki says he's dissapointed by this years season but has learned alot especially about setting the car up and driving it the right way. So he pretty much blames himself there:

You know.... Let me ask you this, how often do you hear a driver, except Alonso, say it out loud that the team isn't always 100% fair to both drivers?

Heikki wants to stay at McLaren, and he should.

You think he'll say "I wish I could actually race Lewis!"?

Of course hes disappointed! His team mate is leading the championship and he's not fighting for it.

Well I'd say Lewis is doing a hell of a job in F1, he's a great driver in only his second year. With good attention always comes bad attention.

It's only in times of struggle that you can see the real qualities of a driver.

Lewis has yet to show us what he can do when things don't go his way.

He's been driving one of the best cars for two seasons.

Let's see what happens when he has as much luck as Kimi had with that team...

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: