Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:36:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Formula 1 - 2008 season
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Formula 1 - 2008 season  (Read 49146 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #160 on: October 16, 2008, 06:19:10 PM »

Hamilton's driving faces further scrutiny

SHANGHAI, Oct 16 (Reuters) - Formula One championship leader Lewis Hamilton's driving came under further scrutiny at the Chinese Grand Prix on Thursday after continuing complaints about his behaviour on the racetrack.

Toyota's Jarno Trulli and Red Bull's Mark Webber questioned the McLaren driver's conduct behind the wheel, echoing recent criticism from BMW-Sauber's Robert Kubica.

Italian Trulli told the autosport.com website he was unhappy at being held up when trying to lap the 23-year-old Briton, who could become the sport's youngest champion this weekend, in last week's Japanese Grand Prix.

"Lewis did not even watch the mirrors because he came back on the track right in front of me and he held me up for two laps," said Trulli.

"I will go in the drivers' briefing (on Friday) and I will say to (race director) Charlie (Whiting), this is what happened and I believe Lewis could have handled it in a different way because it was not fair."
Australian Webber, who last year accused Hamilton of erratic driving behind the safety car at Fuji, said the leader's wild start from pole position in Japan last Sunday had raised concerns.

"The braking areas is an issue because you cannot move around in the braking areas like that," said Webber, a director of the Grand Prix Drivers' Association.

"We lost a marshal at Monza when there were guys moving around in the braking areas and it is very hard to change your line if you don't know what is going to come. That is the only thing that we need to look at."
Fire marshal Paolo Ghislimberti was killed by debris after a pile-up at the second chicane in the 2000 Italian Grand Prix at Monza.

"The first corner in Fuji was pretty wild," said Webber. "He was having a crack, but if someone had been sitting on his right rear when he pulled out then that was a crash.

"We want to have a bit of a chat about moving around in the braking areas," added the Australian.

"I am not smashing Hamilton but it is about how you move on. Tiger Woods learns. Roger Federer learns. And Lewis is going through that."

Kubica, who crashed heavily in Canada last year and had questioned the safety of Hamilton's driving at Monza in September, clarified his position on Thursday.

"When one driver is overtaking another one and crossing his line just in front of his wheels, it's quite dangerous, especially if someone behind has to lift off," he told a news conference.

"I have been involved in an accident in a similar situation in Canada and I know what it means when a front wheel hits a rear wheel and from my point of view it's quite dangerous.

"I just say this: while nothing happens everything is fine but if something happens then I think everyone will realise. That's all."

Hamilton, who failed to score a point in Fuji, leads Ferrari's Felipe Massa by five points in the standings with two races remaining.

(Writing by Alan Baldwin in London, editing by Ken Ferris)

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #161 on: October 16, 2008, 08:36:59 PM »

I hope his career falls apart, I don't like him at all.
Hale
Headliner

« Reply #162 on: October 18, 2008, 03:06:33 AM »

I think that's a bit too much, isn't it? Considering none of us actually know them, all we know is what the media shows of them.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #163 on: October 18, 2008, 03:08:43 AM »

I think that's a bit too much, isn't it? Considering none of us actually know them, all we know is what the media shows of them.

I don't like the way he races.

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #164 on: October 18, 2008, 03:57:47 AM »

I don't like the way he races.

me either man
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #165 on: October 18, 2008, 07:52:23 AM »

He drives great Cool
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #166 on: October 18, 2008, 03:45:53 PM »

If by "great" you mean pretending he's a missile with wheels.
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #167 on: October 18, 2008, 04:15:23 PM »

By great I mean the guy who has the biggest balls on the track, can overtake with ease and is currently leading the championship for the 2nd time in his 2nd year.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #168 on: October 18, 2008, 04:27:35 PM »

I hope he chokes for the second time in two years.
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #169 on: October 19, 2008, 06:15:02 AM »

One step closer to the Championship Cool
Dickeye
Someone's always gotta be a dick
Rocker

Sittin' in a Chinese stew...

« Reply #170 on: October 19, 2008, 08:40:51 AM »

One race to go Lewis! ok

....To view my disinfatuation...

13/12/2008 - Hung out with Bumblefoot!
Tynia
Rocker

My name was AXL

« Reply #171 on: October 25, 2008, 09:52:20 AM »

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71680

McLaren confirm maiden Algarve test

By Jonathan Noble Friday, October 24th 2008, 11:04 GMT

"McLaren are the first team to confirm that they will test at the new Autodromo Internacional Algarve in Portugal in December.

The state-of-the-art facility, which is due to be officially opened on November 2, is to hold a Formula One test from December 15-17.

A number of teams are expected to attend the try out of the 4.692-kilometre track, with a McLaren spokesman confirming on Friday that his team will definitely be joining the December test.

Ferrari have also indicated there is a 'strong possibility' they will be at the Algarve test.

It is understood that teams will use the December test as an evaluation for incorporating the venue on the 2009 Formula One testing schedule. Alternatively, teams could choose to nominate the track as one of their three alternative test venues that run alongside the standard test tracks.

The Algarve circuit is already scheduled to hold major international events, and talk of it trying to lure an F1 race in the future has not been dismissed.

Portugal's deputy sports minister Laurentino Dias said earlier this year: "The Government will do its best for Portugal to become part of the world's main championships. This circuit is prepared to host a range of motor races, from the most modest to Formula One."

As well as multiple circuit configurations, the track features a high-tech water sprinkling system to simulate wet weather running".

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71688

Honda to join McLaren in Algarve

By Jonathan Noble Friday, October 24th 2008, 14:16 GMT

"Honda Racing have confirmed that they too will join the first Formula One test at the new Autodromo Internacional Algarve in Portugal in December.

The soon-to-be-completed track is to host its first F1 test from December 15-17, with McLaren having been the first team to commit themselves to the outing.

A Honda Racing spokeswoman confirmed on Friday that the Japanese manufacturer would also be taking part in the test, with Ferrari also believed to be seriously considering running there as well".

That's an intresting track!!! Portugal for F1 calendar!!!  ok
Check out the first lap made on this track in a civil car. Those ups and downs are great!

http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=T2OxBYa3POA

Warsaw, you're fuckin' amazing! W. Axl Rose 15.06.2006
Tynia
Rocker

My name was AXL

« Reply #172 on: November 01, 2008, 12:15:17 PM »

http://www.turunsanomat.fi/f1/?ts=1,3:2001:0:0,4:34:707:1:2008-10-31;4:35:0:0:0;4:36:0:0:0,104:34:573806,1:0:0:0:0:0:

Something special for you Jarmo  ok  Wink

And here English translation from one of the Polish F1 forums. My two favourite drivers get together  Grin  ok beer

THE LOVE FOR KARTING AND RALLY MADE KUBICA KIMI'S FRIEND

TS-SPECIAL

Turun Sanomat, Sao Paulo

HEIKKI KULTA

Robert Kubica has a new friend on the F1-grid - the Polish guy and the 29 year old Finn have a lot more in common that just personalities.

-It was unbelieavable to see how a mutual first love - karting - can get these guys together. Their eyes were sparkling from excitment and they seem to still know everything that goes on on the karting-level, Kubica's manager Daniele Morelli smiles.

Kubica has just started his own karting-team in Italy and who would be better to give hints than Raikk?inen, who has a longer experience of his own BMW- and F3-teams.

Turun Sanomat got the year's driver Kubica's special interview in Interlagos.

What kind of relationship do you have with Kimi?

- I used to think Kimi was a different person than now when I have been talking with him longer.

- Kimi is a strange guy. During 3 years we exchanged only a couple words. Then we met in Singapore and Japan, sat down, started talking and talked for long. Kimi likes karting just like I do too.

- We were already joking that in our next career we will be racing together in rally. It would be totally fantastic. To be honest, I hope it happens. It would be great to some day get to race in for example Finland's WC-rally. We will wait and see what happens, Kubica says with enthusiasm.

Both Kubica and R?ikk?nen are known as men who talk very straightly about things. Neither one of them can do politics at all.

- Maybe a personality like we have isn't good for F1. I think that's the reason that we like karting so much. We agree that karting is the most genuine racing. We would both want that F1 would be more like karting still is. Karting-times were a real pleasure and gave me as a race driver the most, Kubica says.

R?ikk?nen also says that Kubica is a nice and fair guy.

- Robert knows Toni Vilander well and that way we just started talking. It was nice to talk when we have a lot of mutual interests, Kimi said.

THE TWO MOST FAIR DRIVERS ON THE TRACK

One thing Kubica and Kimi have in common is also the great respect they get from their fellow racers for their fairness on track.

- I would say that the battle I had with Kimi in Japan was in it's own class. It was very fair from both of us. We were side by side but I didn't make a move to the side. I gave him room and I would say that in that situation there was mutual respect for each other as racers and it could be set as an example for everyone.

- It isn't always like that. Some drivers behave totally wrong and try to push the other one out. Of course it's a more effective way to defend your place. But it can come back to you, Kubica reminds.

- A year ago I had also in Fuji a battle with Felipe Massa but it was much more dirtier. He tried to push me out off the track but I gave a little back. It was kind of nice in the rain.

- The truth is though that tough battles in F1 are very, very rare. If count my own experiences from this season there aren't many. That's why you remember the biggest one.

Where does the line between a fair and an unfair battle go?

- It depends on the driver. Some of us are fair, some aren't. It's difficult to say exactly where to draw the line. It depends much on the circumstances, Kubica thinks.

BRONZE WOULD BRING PLEASURE

Kubica's WDC-battle ended in China. How important is it for you to keep this 3rd place and keep Kimi behind you on the list?

- On one hand it's important and on the other hand it isn't. As a sportsman I always think that nr 2 is the first loser. If you don't win the WDC there really is nothing to fight for. But the 3rd place is better than the 4th place is. Personally the 3rd place would be a nice reward for this season when I have drove well, accomplished good results and been consistent. I would feel pleasure if I would be 3rd after Sunday, Kubica confesses.

What lacked when you aren't anymore in the WDC-battle?

- Let's say that we would have needed more of the performing ability when I wasn't able to fight right in to the end. You can't look at this season in a negative way so that something would be lacking. We did good work and on the reliability area our car was perfect. We never had technical problems during the race. You can be very satisfied in that.

Was the season like you expected it to be?

- It depends on what your expectations were. If we look at the situation after our first winter test, we were really much better than we expected. If you would have asked me after 2-3 races I would have said that it's more or less what I expected. But if I would have answered after 6-7 races after leading the serie I would say that we didn't meet our expectations. The season was long and the level of expectation changed.

THE BATTLE IN THE FRONT MADE A BETTER DRIVER

Fernando Alonso says that he is a better driver now after racing for a year in the middle group. How much better driver is Kubica after fighting in the first group for a year?

- Of course it was different when I started in the first race from the front row after a disappointing season in 2007. It was different to start from pole in Bahrain. But the racing itself is of course always the same. When you drive in the middle group there is a greater chance that someone hits your car. Fernando was used to drive up front so in the beginning of the season he had some difficulties to battle in the middle group. For me it was the other way around, I was used to fight in the middle group in 2006 and 2007. Now I have the chance to fight for the first places. It's a new experience and you always learn something new, Kubica thinks.

BMW's GOAL HAS ALWAYS BEEN TO FIGHT FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP IN 2009

- We fought for the title this year - at least I did. I want to be in the same position next year also and lead the serie after 7 first races. But it's difficult to predict when the cars will be totally different next year, the whole aerodynamic concept changes, we get KERS and we get the slicks. There are many areas that could offer a potential for success, Kubica said.

Warsaw, you're fuckin' amazing! W. Axl Rose 15.06.2006
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #173 on: November 02, 2008, 01:51:56 PM »

Lewis just got lucky as hell!

And way to go Timo.  Roll Eyes

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #174 on: November 02, 2008, 01:58:23 PM »

seriously, Oh my god!

I really thought Massa won the championship for a minute there, Lewis is such a fucking lucky bastard.
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #175 on: November 02, 2008, 02:05:58 PM »

Hamilton didn't deserve that, lol! That'll make up for last year though.
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #176 on: November 02, 2008, 02:10:51 PM »

The winner of the last 6 races - Alonso....with a clearly inferior car to Ferrari, McLaren and BMW.
That says it all!  yes

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Dickeye
Someone's always gotta be a dick
Rocker

Sittin' in a Chinese stew...

« Reply #177 on: November 02, 2008, 02:28:13 PM »

Yes!!!! Hamilton is world champion!!!!!! beer

....To view my disinfatuation...

13/12/2008 - Hung out with Bumblefoot!
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #178 on: November 02, 2008, 02:33:58 PM »

what the fuck happened glock, im gutted for massa
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #179 on: November 02, 2008, 02:56:48 PM »

Awesome race! Grin

At the very end it started to rain too much for Glock (and Trulli) on their slicks while Vettel and Hamilton were on intermediates.

Luck? Maybe yeah.. but since his Belgium points were taken, I'd say it was more karma Tongue

Either way today was probably the most bizarre F1 championship/race ending in F1 history, this whole season has been awesome and I doubt with all the new rules next year it'll be as close as this year.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: