Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:59:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Students Wear Confederate Flag Shirts To Oppose Peace-Shirt Group
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Students Wear Confederate Flag Shirts To Oppose Peace-Shirt Group  (Read 6726 times)
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« on: November 27, 2007, 08:50:15 PM »

WKMG TV News
Published: November 20, 2007

COCOA BEACH, Fla: ?We?ve worn handmade peace shirts every Thursday since the first week of school, without fail,? Skylar said.

But what started out as a light-hearted gesture soon started to be taken out of context.

Students started approaching the group members, yelling obscene things at them, said Lauren.

?People just turned on us like that,? she said. ?At least 10 boys stood up and yelled things at me at once, and we couldn?t even walk through the halls without a harsh comment being made.?

The heckling began early in the school year, according to group members. They said they were putting small posters promoting peace on friends? lockers with their permission.

They thought it was OK, because the cheerleaders and football players had signs on theirs. Eventually, though, group members said they were told by the school?s administration they could no longer hang up the posters.

?People tore them down and drew swastikas and ?white power? stuff on them,? Lauren said.

Skylar had similar things written on her posters.

?Someone taped an ?I Love Bush? sign over my ?Wage Peace? sign,? she said. ?So I tore it down, threw it away, and the whole commons starting booing. I walk by later and find that someone has completely tore my sign down and placed an ?I Love America, Because America Loves War? sign up.?

Lori Masterson, assistant principal at Cocoa Beach Jr./Sr. High, said by law, the administration cannot discuss specific discipline dispositions for students but that the school works with teachers and coaches to make sure all students on campus are safe and treated fairly.

She said all students have the opportunity to form clubs and organizations on campus, but those wishing to do so must identify a sponsor and bring their written proposal to the principal outlining what the proposed group's purpose and goals are.

"As of this writing, to my knowledge, no one has submitted a written proposal with an identified sponsor for a peace club," Masterson said in an e-mailed statement.

But peace group members said they have submitted a written proposal and had a written sponsor, but they were recently turned down.

http://www.local6.com/news/14650138/detail.html

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 09:00:28 PM »

NeoCon larva...
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 07:06:01 AM »

Nazis in training. aka Young Republicans. Maybe History should be emphasized at this school.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
SLCPUNK
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 05:12:22 PM »

Nazis in training. aka Young Republicans. Maybe History should be emphasized at this school.

I fondly remember the clip of the college republicans, asking them why they weren't serving in Iraq. The one buffoon in particular stood out: Chomping his gum and staring, glass eyed, into the abyss, mustering all his strength to answer "Uhhhhhhh.........."

Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 07:10:39 PM »

I doubt these kids are republicans or democrats.  They could be just bad kids who hate hippies.  Most kids that age don't even think about politics.     
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 07:28:02 AM »

I doubt these kids are republicans or democrats. They could be just bad kids who hate hippies. Most kids that age don't even think about politics.

Apparently those do, or they just parrot the Faux News crap that their redneck parents believe is gospel.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 07:56:19 AM »

We are dealing with high school kids here - I don't think it is the great ideological rift going on, but these kids know swasticas and such will bring out the biggest reaction. They are doing it to get attention.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 05:16:26 PM »

We are dealing with high school kids here - I don't think it is the great ideological rift going on, but these kids know swasticas and such will bring out the biggest reaction. They are doing it to get attention.

Exactly.  It's not a political statement at all.  Wow, is there some paranoia here or what?
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 11:16:35 PM »

Exactly.  It's not a political statement at all.  Wow, is there some paranoia here or what?

And you know everyone of those student involved don't think this way?

Hell it could be either way . But you can't say for sure , though can you?

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 07:43:51 PM »

Exactly.? It's not a political statement at all.? Wow, is there some paranoia here or what?

And you know everyone of those student involved don't think this way?

Hell it could be either way . But you can't say for sure , though can you?

No one can say for sure.  But the smart money would be on "teenage idiots just being teenage idiots".
AbominableHoman
Headliner

Cold Hearth Breaker. Fit Ta' Burn

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2007, 06:18:31 AM »

I don't think teenagers are that ignorant. This kid was probably some southern douche bag, and wanted a reason to call into Rush Limbaugh.

Sure! F*ck it! That's your answer! Tattoo it on your forehead! Your answer to everything!
www.myspace.com/guns_n_roses
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 10:47:22 AM »

I don't think teenagers are that ignorant. This kid was probably some southern douche bag, and wanted a reason to call into Rush Limbaugh.

Wow, this board has some really ignorant people.  I don't mean that as an insult, just an observation.  The ignorant shit that is spewed here sometimes is just amazing.  I know it's because it's the internet and being ignorant here is meaningless.  I just hope that in your real lives, you're not so damn extreme.   Imagine labelling everyone from the South as racist hate mongers.  Some of you need to travel before you put your opinions here.
AbominableHoman
Headliner

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2007, 01:03:03 PM »

Wow, this board has some really ignorant people.  I don't mean that as an insult, just an observation.  The ignorant shit that is spewed here sometimes is just amazing.  I know it's because it's the internet and being ignorant here is meaningless.  I just hope that in your real lives, you're not so damn extreme.   Imagine labelling everyone from the South as racist hate mongers.  Some of you need to travel before you put your opinions here.

Hmm. I've lived in the south?

Sure! F*ck it! That's your answer! Tattoo it on your forehead! Your answer to everything!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2007, 01:45:30 PM »

I know it's a stretch, when you see a "I love Bush" sign and think the kid happens to be a republican. Crazy huh?

I'm also going to go out on a limb and say that the kids with the peace shirts were no fan of our current president or his policies.

It only mirrors what is going on in the real world: People wearing peace shirts asked to leave because authorities felt they were "disruptive". Which is completely insane when you think about it.

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2007, 03:23:29 PM »

Some of you need to travel before you put your opinions here.

haha, you have no idea. I've lived around dumbfuck rednecks in Dixie most of my life.

Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2007, 03:51:54 PM »

haha, you have no idea. I've lived around dumbfuck rednecks in Dixie most of my life.

Well I grew up in New England and lived there for 34 years, and then I moved south 2.5 years ago.  There are dumb fucks in both places.  And there are good people in both places.  And all of that crosses both political parties.  The term "red-neck" was originally a refrence to hard working people who were exposed to the sun every day working the farms and fields.  Good people no doubt.  Now the term is used to refer to ignorant hate mongers.   It's too bad.

I'm not fan of Bush or the moves he's made as president, but the absolute hatred you all show is something I just can't get into myself.  I was no fan of Clinton either (actually voted for Dole then Gore so what do I know?).  But to hate these guys is so foreign to me.  These guys (and I mean anyone who has the job of president) have one of the toughest jobs on this planet.  I think each one makes decisions that they think are in the best interest of the USA.  While we may disagree with the war in Iraq, I think Bush believed it was the right move.  And I don't buy that he was motivated by a personal agenda.  There are too many people involved in the decision making process for personal agendas to rule at the end of the day.  Hell, even Mrs. Clinton agreed with it at the time.

My point I guess is that there is too much broad stroke labeling here.  These teenagers are idiots and may well be hate mongers, but they are not political animals.  If I saw an "I love Pelosi" sign on a locker, and I wanted to cause trouble, I'd cross out "Pelosi" and write "Bush" regardless of my poltical stances.  Same goes for a peace sign.  If I say a sign that siad "I love Bush", the opposite wouyld be true.  These are kids being idiots guys, nothing more.   Every evil act in the world is not caused by a conservative.  And every peaceful act is not caused by a liberal.  This could be a great place for discussion if people would get over their e-toughness and stop labeling with such a broad brush.
AbominableHoman
Headliner

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2007, 07:09:34 PM »

I'm not fan of Bush or the moves he's made as president, but the absolute hatred you all show is something I just can't get into myself.  I was no fan of Clinton either (actually voted for Dole then Gore so what do I know?).  But to hate these guys is so foreign to me.  These guys (and I mean anyone who has the job of president) have one of the toughest jobs on this planet.  I think each one makes decisions that they think are in the best interest of the USA.  While we may disagree with the war in Iraq, I think Bush believed it was the right move.  And I don't buy that he was motivated by a personal agenda.  There are too many people involved in the decision making process for personal agendas to rule at the end of the day.  Hell, even Mrs. Clinton agreed with it at the time.

It doesn't matter that he "believes" is the right move,  if he can't discern between logical intelligence, then he's a horrible president. I supported both of his elections, but the dudes obviously horrible, what does that horribleness entail, I'm not quite sure. Either he is motivated by personal agendas, or he's one of the flat out most inept presidents of all time.

Anywaaaaaays, I'm sure this is beating a dead horse 'round there parts.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: