Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 04:06:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227996 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  *POSSIBLE* *MINOR* Tidbit about CD... Will There Be A Harp?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *POSSIBLE* *MINOR* Tidbit about CD... Will There Be A Harp?  (Read 17441 times)
mesha
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2007, 01:56:34 AM »

Glad to hear "This I Love" still exists ok

hell yeah, it's one of those songs that even if you've never heard them you really wanna hear them (ok that's for all songs but you know how i mean)

when this song comes out first thing i would want to ask axl is what changes he made since it is supposed to be a uyi song
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2007, 06:25:36 AM »

Glad to hear "This I Love" still exists ok

hell yeah, it's one of those songs that even if you've never heard them you really wanna hear them (ok that's for all songs but you know how i mean)

when this song comes out first thing i would want to ask axl is what changes he made since it is supposed to be a uyi song

Thats what Im looking forward to most,
is before/after chinese democracy comes out,
all the interviews/press/publicity Axl is  going to do (and of course the rest of the band)

It is just going to be so kick ass to see Axl out their in the limelight again, after all, he deserves and needs all the positive attention he can get!

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2007, 01:23:40 PM »

This I love is a ballad!!!!!

Holy Fuck!!!!!!! With your level of Genius, why the fuck havent u found a cure for cancer or AIDS by now?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2007, 01:24:11 PM »

I have always wondered if the piano intro that Axl played on the 02 tour before NR was a piece from This I Love.

I really hope that piano piece is a part of a song. I also hope the guitar solo that Robin and Bucket did at Rio together is a song. I enjoyed that as well.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
madagas
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2007, 01:26:27 PM »

I like wiffleball and saw a great Johnny Cash special last night. hihi
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2007, 01:27:41 PM »

thing is, this playa has been created more then one topic about this, he's here to start shit yet he's still around

Holy Fuck!!!!!!! With your level of Genius, why the fuck havent u found a cure for cancer or AIDS by now?

i can't tell if you're sarcastic Shocked Wink

I also hope the guitar solo that Robin and Bucket did at Rio together is a song. I enjoyed that as well.

it kinda sounds like "i could have lied" by RHCP, but only kinda
Regibold
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2007, 01:33:14 PM »

I know harpist/vocalist Patti Hood is supposed to be on this song. http://www.pattihood.net/html/resume.html
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2007, 01:37:47 PM »

Its not alot, but I can tell you that it is a ballad. .

and how do you know this?  we've never heard the song to know what it is.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2007, 01:39:18 PM »

Maybe it's techno!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2007, 01:43:18 PM »

It's a song about his favorite pillow.
jamesdm
Rocker

Lizard King - The One

« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2007, 01:57:27 PM »

That song would be on the 3rd disk on CD  hihi
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2007, 02:22:11 PM »

I wrote This I Love.  Tongue

[Making Of joke ends here...]

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2007, 06:45:21 PM »

Here's an interesting post Gigger made regarding "This I Love" a few years ago:

Before anyone gets excited this film was released in 1998 and the song didn't feature on it! And whilst I appreciate it is old it's never been publicly known until recently. But here are the two articles on it:

http://www.sp1at.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=425

Guns n Roses were offered a soundtrack spot

Sp1at.com can exclusively reveal that the soundtrack for the Robin Williams film "What Dreams May Come" was meant to feature the as yet unheard Guns n Roses song "This I Love".

Last week, in a Sp1at interview Dave Dominguez revealed that during his time working with the band the song was intended for a "Robin Williams film" but he did not give any further details. Sp1at's intrepid reporters followed this up and found out that this was the case. Sp1at contacted the office of Dawn Soler, the musical supervisor for the film, and she confirmed that this indeed was "true".

Unfortunately for Guns fans the film got its cinematic release in 1998 and did not feature music from the band. The song "This I Love" which Axl Rose described in 1994 as the "hardest" song he's written has yet to see the light of day. Although Howard Karp, who worked on the song in 2000, has told Sp1at in the past that it is a "simple piano track".

In the 7 years that have passed since the release of "What Dreams May Come" Guns n Roses have released only one new studio track, "Oh My God", which featured on the soundtrack of the film "End of Days".

http://www.sp1at.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=429

Dawn Soler talks about the GnR song "This I Love"

Dawn Soler, the musical supervisor for the film "What Dreams May Come" has been speaking exclusively to Sp1at about working with Guns n Roses's Axl Rose.

When asked whether she could recollect any of the song that she probably hasn't heard for around 7 years she unfortunately said "Oh boy that was a long time ago", she was also unsure how the oppourtunity to work with Axl came along in the first place.

However, she assure me that Axl "was really into the film" and rather interestingly suggested that he "wrote the song for it". This contradicts an interview from 1994 where Axl said he had already written the song, which many fans speculated was about Dylan, the son of Axl's one time partner, Stephanie Seymour.

However the film did not make the final cut despite Dawn's fondness of the Guns n Roses track, the reason she gave Sp1at was that "the director was a pill and didn't get how cool it would be".

If any Guns n Roses fans feel the need to send hate-mail to that director then I believe his name is Vincent Ward and he lives in New Zealand.*

The new Guns n Roses album "Chinese Democracy" is currently rumoured for release between April and July depending on which reports you choose to believe. Whether the song "This I Love" will ever be released is unsure and for that we have Mr. Ward to blame.

*Sp1at feels the need to point out that it doesn't condone people sending hate-mail to idiot directors*

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=18736.msg319133#msg319133

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Hoosizzit
Opening Act

Here Today...Hopefully Tomorrow

« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2007, 07:06:10 PM »

Let me be the first to say................CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW Shocked

August 2 1988      Indianapolis, IN
May 29 1991        Noblesville, IN
December 2 2011 Cincinnati, OH
December 8 2011  Indianapolis, IN
June 4  2014         Las Vegas, NV
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2007, 08:25:46 PM »

It's a song about his favorite pillow.

The ballad My Favorite Pillow is good, yes.....but My Second Favorite Pillow "a story of jealousy," and My Least Favorite Pillow "an angry song of anger," well, they blow the original out of the water!

I have wondered the same thing as Younggunner.  The '02 intro before November Rain live was fucking magic.  I really hope that's a part of something to be heard on a GNR album.   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2007, 07:07:44 AM »

wow, I find that quiet affensive, making a joke , sarcastic or not about aids or cancer
joking about a serious matter like that doesnt get you kicked off this board?

Cool... ill remember this for future references  ok

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
DuffRock
Rocker

www.cafepress.com/patiencepays

« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2007, 08:18:38 AM »

wow, I find that quiet affensive, making a joke , sarcastic or not about aids or cancer

Cool... ill remember this for future references  ok

jeez...    lighten up, it wasnt a joke made at AIDS/cancer sufferers expense

btw, its spelt 'quite offensive'

BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2007, 11:11:36 AM »

btw, it's spelled

/my two cents

Wink
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2007, 11:14:30 AM »

It had nothing to do with aids or cancer, get a grip.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2007, 11:17:55 AM »

How crazy would it be if I got banned for that! hihi hihi hihi

That song has definitely been the song I want to hear for whatever reason.  It just, to me, seems like it could be one of the greatest GNR songs ever.

I don't know why exactly, seeing as we have no clue as to what its about or how it sounds, but something about it gives me high expectations.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: