Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:57:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Hollywood Rose (the roots of guns n' roses)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hollywood Rose (the roots of guns n' roses)  (Read 4863 times)
Axlfan982
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: December 05, 2007, 12:02:38 PM »

I was just wondering if anyone here has this CD, and what they thought about it?  I'm not real sure how I feel about it yet.  I think I need to listen to it a couple more times.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 07:43:41 AM »

Its cool to have, but I dont listen to it that much. Axl wasnt exactly the great vocalist that he would become.
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 09:42:00 PM »

Love it! To hear Axl and Izzy from the early days is really Awsome. They are demos and should be taken as that. Some of those songs were unreleased. I feel fortunate to be able to have these songs in such high quality. Considering Axl didn't want this CD released makes having them even more special.
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 05:41:24 AM »

very raw stuff with a hyperactive drummer.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 06:33:21 PM »

I was just wondering if anyone here has this CD, and what they thought about it?? I'm not real sure how I feel about it yet.? I think I need to listen to it a couple more times.

it does show if they kept that line-up they wouldn't have done anything Lips Sealed
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 08:35:35 PM »

Its cool to have, but I dont listen to it that much. Axl wasnt exactly the great vocalist that he would become.

I disagree completely.  Axl was great even then.  The vocals were very, very good.  Raw and powerful.  He had been singing since he was a kid, so his voice was a pretty well-honed instrument by then.

Ali
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 11:29:19 PM »

You don't get much for your money (each track appears 3 times as I different mix). That said, I like it very much. Rocker is GREAT!

Regarding the money issue, I traded for it used on lala.com, which was, I thought, a good way to get it without paying a lot for just five songs.

But I like it.  I can't honestly say I've done a super close comparison of all the mixes, but it's nice to have three tracks that aren't on any GNR release, as well as the different version or "Anything Goes." 
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 11:32:31 PM by freedom78 » Logged

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 08:01:41 AM »

I love these recordings, all of them...the different mixes have nice variations, some emphasising Axl's voice the others the guitars and the originals are just great raw demos. This is the rock sound I grew up loving and is close to the type of sound coming through on Appetite. Of course Appetite sounds a hundred times better!!

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 05:50:21 PM »

I love this material... the sound of Hollywood Rose is different that early L.A. Guns n' Guns N' Roses because of the style of the guitars... H.R is metal, sounds like NWOBHM (kinda like Judas Priest)... after hearing this I understood why Axl rejected Slash the first time for sound "too bluesy": that's because the sound of HR was so different... with Slash the band turn more "bluesy" n' conevrt into a kick ass Hard Rock band... (also was importante the punk influence of Duff)
qcmyoungwill
Headliner

Sippin' a drink and feelin' fine

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 07:40:46 AM »

HR's version of Anything Goes (My Way Your Way) is INSANE! 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: