Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 08:35:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227834 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  BUY Product
| | |-+  Cd.com ?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cd.com ?  (Read 29441 times)
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2007, 02:07:34 PM »

Ok... I have to say that the last couple of months have been difficult for cd.com.... I wasn't really happy with the decision that sladdi and BP got to part ways....

Knowing that BP is really tired to make a full explanation post about the situation as he has been working on bringing CD.com back since Friday night, let me say our side of the story...

BP got a server some months ago in order to host the gnr tracker with lots of bandwidth, memory, space etc... As the cost of this server is really high per month, the income of the cd.com ads is going towards to that bill and the rest of it it's covered my BP's "pocket" and user donations from the tracker...

At that time I asked him why he is not moving the forum at his server instead of paying hosting and I was surprised to hear that sladdi is hosting the forum at a friend's server and that BP doesn't have access to it... He then made clear that sladdi's friend is not charging him for hosting and that's why they were hosting the forum there...

Following that I suggested Sean to talk with sladdi about equal access to the forum files. So Sean asked sladdi to give him access to his server or even better move the forum at Sean's server in order to benefit the better bandwidth, have professional emails chinesedemocracy.com when email users, work on new things like private section etc etc....

Sladdi refused to give access or move the site and Sean felt like he doesn't own his own site... and Sean feels that he has a responsibility to maintain the users (members).

Many discussions were done during all these weeks when suddenly sladdi suggested some days ago to overtake the ads of cd.com in order to gain some money for himself... I understand that he might needs the money for any personal reasons but Sean made him clear that the money from the ads go to the server and as there was no way to work things out, he suggested to part ways. Sean told sladdi to put the forum under newgnr, as with the rank position the newgnr has, he can earn lots of money... considering how much money newgnr gets in daily basis....

There were lots of arguments and sladdi decided to lock Sean out of the forum, close the forum and keep all the database files for himself... thank God Sean run a backup through the admin panel and he was able with lots of work to restore the website today...

By reading sladdi's announcement I was AGAIN surprised to see him writing that he did the most work on cd.com considering that most sections of the forum were created by Sean such as CD.com support, The Green Room, The Garden (was always at cd.com and was Sean's idea to keep it), Bands and Artists, Artists & Thinkers and East Village along with all the international boards... 

Also all the graphics were made by Bessam and we really thank him for continuing working with cd.com

Another note is that gunsnroses.us had about 3.ooo members when the merged happened and not 1.000 as sladdi mentioned...

There was no intention from our side to part ways and Sean redirected the domain on Friday night when Sladdi shut down the forum. We always considered sladdi as family and that's why we asked him to be our best man on our wedding. He has been more than just a friend and partner to Sean all these years and to me since I met him... I never expected something like that happening and I hope that soon we will leave all these things behind.

CD.com will launch an even better layout soon and I really wish the best to sladdi and his new (?) solo project...

Sincerely yours,

- Demy

http://chinesedemocracy.com/forum/index.php/topic,33157.msg832140.html#msg832140

oh and vess you better keep your mouth shut when you don't know shit... you always had a weird agenda against BP, weird when you never talked with him...

leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2007, 03:23:26 PM »

I have nothing else to say to you than the fact that you look gorgeous? yes
Yes, try to put all drama behind and try to focus on the postives. This is one of them.

If anyone doesn't understand all that is happening is because of nickel n' diming and power in the gn'r community (both current but especially future), then they should seriously start worrying about their intellectual abilities.

BTW, having put things like this on your web site isn't really nice:

HOLIDAY SEASON 2007 - SHOP GUNS N' ROSES
Support Guns N' Roses by supporting GUNSNROSES.US. Shop this holiday season through our Amazon.com Store. GNR STORE

Do you really need GN'R lawyers attention now?

Happy Holidays!

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2007, 03:33:46 PM »

Support Guns N' Roses by supporting GUNSNROSES.US. Shop this holiday season through our Amazon.com Store. GNR STORE

Thats just affiliate marketing... its not illegal. 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2007, 04:42:59 PM »

Well maybe not illegal, the wording is a bit weird in my opinion.

I'd say it like: "Support my site by buying GN'R products at our Amazon store".....

Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2007, 04:46:13 PM »

Not illegal, but not cool either. It's pretty much what Romano does by making money off GNR. And as we all know, BP has always been against that, right?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2007, 05:04:26 PM »

Not illegal, but not cool either. It's pretty much what Romano does by making money off GNR. And as we all know, BP has always been against that, right?

well mygnr.com is basically one giant ad.   it gives off the appearance that its sole purpose is there to make money, not run as a fan site.     

i don't see anything wrong with using one or two ads on a site, it does cost money to maintain a site.  as long as its tasteful and the ads are built around the site, not the site built around ads.. JMO.   Everyone has different opinions on it.   

And of course thers sites like this one that never use ads, and thats definitely respectable.    And I agree Jarmo, it could be worded better.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2007, 05:57:58 PM »

well mygnr.com is basically one giant ad.   it gives off the appearance that its sole purpose is there to make money, not run as a fan site.     

i don't see anything wrong with using one or two ads on a site, it does cost money to maintain a site.  as long as its tasteful and the ads are built around the site, not the site built around ads.. JMO.   Everyone has different opinions on it.   

And of course thers sites like this one that never use ads, and thats definitely respectable.    And I agree Jarmo, it could be worded better.

I'm not really talking about the google ads though, I'm talking about the "store" thing. That's one thing I totally disagree with on any fan site.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2007, 08:50:18 PM »

So since Sladdi is now newgnr.com and BP is now CD.com can i sign into both using my one account? i can get into newgnr just fine but i'm wondering about CD.com cause it won't let sign in there headscratch

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2007, 08:59:16 PM »

BP got a server some months ago in order to host the gnr tracker with lots of bandwidth, memory, space etc... As the cost of this server is really high per month, the income of the cd.com ads is going towards to that bill and the rest of it it's covered my BP's "pocket" and user donations from the tracker...

A dedicated server just to host the tracker?

Nothing else?

As far as I know, the whole idea of BitTorrent is that the files aren't hosted on the web server....

I guess it gets a lot of traffic then.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2007, 09:06:10 PM »

Blueheartweb hosted sites must be really expensive........

since all of yours are and have been for quite some time tracing back to your own hosting, that you resell. (cd.com, the tracker)

i hope all those ads for scalped tickets in 06 paid the huge blueheartweb bill for that tracker

on a site note, Good Luck Sladdi, we all look forward to what you have planned for NewGNR! Thanks always for your hard work

« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 09:08:00 PM by gnr2006 » Logged
EstrangedReality
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2007, 09:47:31 PM »

As far as I know, the whole idea of BitTorrent is that the files aren't hosted on the web server....

Exactly.

You only need to pay a lot for bandwith if your tracker has a huge number of users constantly browsing the site - a tracker like The Pirate Bay, OiNK (R.I.P.), Demonoid, Dime a Dozen, etc. I find it really hard to believe that there are thousands of users all active at the same time on this small tracker eating up tons of bandwith. The GN'R fanbase is only a few thousand consistent users across two main forums, and I doubt even a quarter of them were active on this tracker.

blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2007, 03:31:41 AM »

I have nothing else to say to you than the fact that you look gorgeous  yes
Yes, try to put all drama behind and try to focus on the postives. This is one of them.

If anyone doesn't understand all that is happening is because of nickel n' diming and power in the gn'r community (both current but especially future), then they should seriously start worrying about their intellectual abilities.

Happy Holidays!

Yes, this is called affiliate marketing and as far as I know many websites have the same thing listed? including newgnr.com. Just click at the http://www.newgnr.com/store ...

The GN?R lawyers can contact Sean for anything that has to do with GNR.us and CD.com. They also have a special account for the forum that they can read things that you can?t ? like deleted threads and others.

Also, let me remind you some things from our last chat? Sean and I are almost never online the weekends. The thread you were talking about when you resigned from cd.com was moved back from another admin and not from Sean. Sean immediate deleted everything as soon as he was aware about what was happening. You don?t know him. You have never talked to him except from the times you were asking about more moderating rights? or should I say administrative rights as you had exactly the same rights with all the mods. There is also a proof that another admin asked you not to remove that thread ? yet ? that day? you had receive a pm that day? Sladdi also promised that was going to talk to you about that entire situation? I don?t know if he ever did.

A dedicated server just to host the tracker?

Nothing else?

I guess it gets a lot of traffic then.

/jarmo
A dedicated server for the entire GNR.us network? I guess you know that the tracker is under that. And yes a tracker needs a dedicated server for many security reasons; bandwidth, ports? plus most hosting companies don?t want to host trackers and simply delete them. They are shutting them down. Shared hosting is not reliable and it wouldn?t work. This way there is complete control over ports etc.

tonya_ytzerman
tiger
Rocker

Her Most Evilness

« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2007, 05:58:23 AM »

Also, let me remind you some things from our last chat? Sean and I are almost never online the weekends.
Yeah, especially last Saturday and Sunday you weren't online, like when those hackers put a forum on your servers, and then they made a new design for it too. Someone really should've called you. What are you talking about, anyway?

A dedicated server for the entire GNR.us network? I guess you know that the tracker is under that. And yes a tracker needs a dedicated server for many security reasons; bandwidth, ports? plus most hosting companies don?t want to host trackers and simply delete them. They are shutting them down. Shared hosting is not reliable and it wouldn?t work. This way there is complete control over ports etc.
If you have the tracker on blueheartweb, where's the problem with hosting the tracker? And good to know that you call your own shared hosting unreliable... As goes for the bandwidth etc issues I second Jarmo, gnr2006 and others - but I don't own a webhosting company, so who am I to know. Plus, the gnr.us tracker really shouldn't have (had) anything to do with the cd.com forum, so what's the issue anyway.

Seems like there's tons of dirty laundry, nice to know you're washing it at last - though I didn't necessarily expect you to let everyone watch it too. You should sell tickets  rofl.

[size=0]shiftless when i'm idle[/size]
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2007, 06:47:24 AM »

Also, let me remind you some things from our last chat? Sean and I are almost never online the weekends.
Yeah, especially last Saturday and Sunday you weren't online, like when those hackers put a forum on your servers, and then they made a new design for it too. Someone really should've called you. What are you talking about, anyway?
If you have the tracker on blueheartweb, where's the problem with hosting the tracker? And good to know that you call your own shared hosting unreliable... As goes for the bandwidth etc issues I second Jarmo, gnr2006 and others - but I don't own a webhosting company, so who am I to know. Plus, the gnr.us tracker really shouldn't have (had) anything to do with the cd.com forum, so what's the issue anyway.

Seems like there's tons of dirty laundry, nice to know you're washing it at last - though I didn't necessarily expect you to let everyone watch it too. You should sell tickets  rofl.

it's really funny how you think you know everything... sladdi took the forum down on Friday night and didn't want to cooperate... that's why we spent this weekend online... maybe you don't know the meaning of the word "almost"... also note that cd.com wasn't online until the time that sladdi sent out a message that included lies to all the member list of cd.com... at the begging cd.com was up with no graphics at all... and later last night a draft template was updated... maybe you don't understand that what sladdi did was stealing...

the server that the tracker and the GNR.us site is hosted is dedicated and not shared... we never offered services for hosting trackers at blueheartweb... and again... exactly like you said... you don't own a hosting company and no you don't know...

The gnr.us tracker never had to do anything with chinesedemocracy.com... I don't know why you said that... all I said is that the dedicated server was bought for the tracker as it is a dedicated server it would be fair the forum to be hosted there so both Sean and Sladdi would have equal access as Sladdi's friend didn't want to give access to other person than him...

As I said to another board, it's funny how Sladdi claims that he pays for hosting when he doesn?t. That?s why the forum was hosted where it was. Because it was free!!!! If his host now asked for payments, that I doubt it, he could had just move it at Sean?s server that it would be free. (as Sean asked him many times so they can have equal access to cd.com). If again he had to pay for newgnr.com for bandwidth or whatever, he could again have moved his site at Sean?s server for free. But NO. He wanted everything for himself. Not equal access, no changes at the forum, no more mods and the ads for himself.

so please, back off... you can support sladdi to whatever point you want... and I have stant up for him many times and he knows that... but spreading lies it's not exactly good...

concerning the laundry you might want to look after yours... I washed mine and ironed them too  Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 06:49:10 AM by blueheart » Logged

tonya_ytzerman
tiger
Rocker

Her Most Evilness

« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2007, 07:23:53 AM »

Suddenly, we're clarifying a lot of things, aren't we?

it would be fair the forum to be hosted [on the tracker-dedicated server] so both Sean and Sladdi would have equal access as Sladdi's friend didn't want to give access to other person than him...
So it doesn't have to do with Sladdi being the mean, evil, power-hungry bastard - rather with his friend, who gives him a server for free and - understandably - doesn't want people he doesn't know to have access there.

he could had just move it at Sean?s server that it would be free.
Hmmm, a couple of posts ago you said it costs $200 a month. Interesting. But again, I don't own a webhosting company...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 07:34:44 AM by tonya_ytzerman » Logged

[size=0]shiftless when i'm idle[/size]
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2007, 07:48:08 AM »

it would be fair the forum to be hosted [on the tracker-dedicated server] so both Sean and Sladdi would have equal access as Sladdi's friend didn't want to give access to other person than him...
So it doesn't have to do with Sladdi being the mean, evil, power-hungry bastard - rather with his friend, who gives him a server for free and - understandably - doesn't want people he doesn't know to have access there.

Hmmm, a couple of posts ago you said it costs $200 a month. Interesting. But again, I don't own a webhosting company...

Technically neither does blueheart, she owns a reseller company. She doesn't really own the servers as far as I know, some other company does...
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2007, 07:49:11 AM »

Hmmm, a couple of posts ago you said it costs $200 a month. Interesting.

you don't get it... right? The site was hosted at sladdi's server and only sladdi had access. That was ok because it was a solution at no cost for both of them. Few months ago... when Sean got his server (to host the gnr.us!!!) asked sladdi to move cd.com over there so they can both have equal access and some other things... but SURPISE!!! apparently sladdi didn't want Sean to have access and not his friend... 

The server does cost 200 $ and that's the hosting for the tracker!!! as it is a dedicated server sladdi wouldn't have to pay anything for hosting so it would be again free for him... same goes for the newgnr... Sean would had no problem to host sladdi's site at his server at no cost... BUT AGAIN... He is currently hosting his website for free so there was no need for that... whatever happened... happened because he needs the money. And I do understand that due to the fact that currently he is not working and he has his college bills... but I really believe that GNR community is not about making money for personal benefit. The money from the gnr.us and cd.com goes towards the bill of hosting plus a serious amount that goes out of our pockets each month...

and because you don't know me or my husband... be aware that I have done and offer many things to support the band, the forum and the gnr.us site... oh... also the greek forum that Christos is running when I made and paid for the lighters and for advertising his site at the biggest greek online community... and again for advertising the GNR concert in Athens ...

there is no personal benefit and whatever we do is for supporting our favorite band

and yes... we are clarifying things but I guess you lack of understanding... maybe it's time to get rid of your blinkers...

blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2007, 08:09:23 AM »

Technically neither does blueheart, she owns a reseller company. She doesn't really own the servers as far as I know, some other company does...

Personally, I don't own anything... BP has a dedicated server for his sites and pays a monthly fee to the data center that his server is located. That fee is 200$ per month and technically he can do whatever he wants with this server... He used to have a reselling account for simple hosting packages... he had that before getting the dedicated server and he wasn't happy with it (as I said before that kind of servers are unreliable). Reseller account are servers that have many sellers on it. That's not what Sean do... 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2007, 09:42:28 AM »

The money from the gnr.us and cd.com goes towards the bill of hosting plus a serious amount that goes out of our pockets each month...

By hosting you mean the dedicated server you use for your hosting company that also hosts GNR.us sites, such as the tracker, as well as paying customers' sites?

I can understand that many hosts don't want to allow such thing on a shared server, but your posts are a bit misleading when you claim the server was purchased for the tracker alone. Just my opinion.  Smiley

/jarmo

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2007, 09:57:50 AM »

^I dont see what is that business of yours....
and this thread is about the forum, not the servers.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: