Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 10:19:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227937 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 189754 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1700 on: October 30, 2009, 03:08:53 PM »

haha well there are different grading scales

I grade it based on the album

if I were grading them based on the greatest on Bon Jovi songs ever

then those 10's become 8's

if I compare them to Estranged's 10 they would be 6.5's

I guess most people don't think about that

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1701 on: November 04, 2009, 12:07:54 AM »

Album is a super grower

after about 5 listens, its really clicking

now it is a damn good album.

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #1702 on: November 04, 2009, 02:36:08 AM »

What about Bullet, Superman Tonight and Thorn In My Side ? Come on D, this is a great BJ album - the best of post 2000 years !

The guitars and drums are all over the place.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1703 on: November 04, 2009, 11:00:23 AM »

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=9391

by Music-News.com - November 3 2009
photo by Ros O'Gorman

Fans in the UK are outraged over the Bon Jovi ticket prices.

Bon Jovi have been blasted for 'ludicrous' ticket prices for their London residency.

The 'We Weren't Born to Follow? rockers are set to play a string of dates at the city?s O2 Arena from June 7 2010, but fans are upset they will have to pay up to a staggering ?1,300 to see their idols.

General admission to the shows costs ?45 for the cheapest seats, rising to ?200, while the price of the highest-banded premium tickets has led angry fans to call for a boycott of the concerts.

One wrote on the group?s website: 'I am going to stand up for what I believe in and use my earnings to feed my kids rather than lining some fat cat?s pockets.'

Another added: 'After writing an album about the world?s problems with the recession the prices are just a mockery.'

Despite the complaints the band?s initial five shows sold out in hours, and another nine dates in 'The Circle Tour' were subsequently added.

The high prices are in contrast to those sold by other stars for their dates at the venue.

Tickets for Michael Jackson?s 'This Is It? 50-date residency cost ?50 to ?75, with a corporate package charged at ?7900.

In June, unsold VIP Britney Spears tickets with a face value of ?100 were sold off at ?2 each to fill up the arena.

Meanwhile, Bon Jovi performed on UK TV talent show 'The X Factor? last night (01.11.09), where lead singer Jon Bon Jovi reportedly made some unusual backstage demands.

A source said: 'Jon made a big deal about his loo seat. He wanted it to be a brand new seat and his people said he wanted to see it before it was fitted upon his arrival at the studios.'

The band will complete a world tour in 2010, in support of their latest album 'The Circle?.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1704 on: November 04, 2009, 11:30:04 AM »

lol. Diva. But public loos are fuckin evil.

Jovi concert prices were ridiculous last time, thats why i didnt go see them. And it the same situation again.

html sucks
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1705 on: November 04, 2009, 04:56:53 PM »

What about Bullet, Superman Tonight and Thorn In My Side ? Come on D, this is a great BJ album - the best of post 2000 years !

The guitars and drums are all over the place.

Thorn in my side is awesome

Only songs that suck are Work For The Working Man and Live Before You Die which is a bad rip of an excellent bon jovi B side "I don't want to Live Forever"

Really liking the album now after about 5 listens.

Best songs are:
1.Love's The only Rule
2.Thorn In My Side
3. Learn To Love
4.Happy Now
5. BrokenPromiseLand
6.Superman Tonight
7.We Weren't Born To Follow
8.Bullet
9.When We Were Beautiful
10. Fast Cars
11.Live Before You Die
12.Work For The Working Man

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1706 on: November 06, 2009, 09:44:10 PM »

DAMN, just dropped 730 bucks on 2 BJ tickets in Atlanta. Section 115, Lower Arena bout midway first Row. Bought the Gold Package

They are raping us fans. Jesus

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1707 on: November 06, 2009, 10:11:50 PM »

I didn't realize that they had announced dates yet. They're coming to Dallas April 10th. Gonna see if my mom's bf wants to go with me. I've never seen them live in person but been a fan for years.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1708 on: November 07, 2009, 01:19:56 AM »

The show is amazing but damn 730 bucks......... WOO

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1709 on: November 07, 2009, 01:26:50 AM »

Yeah i saw the vip prices. The diamond one at 1,860 is insane. I'm not interested in that. The 29.60 or 45.00 tickets way up in 300 will be fine. I just wanna go and enjoy good music. The stage looks interesting. It looks like its an oval with a catwalk around the pit they can go on. Do any of those VIP packs include meeting the guys? I doesn't mention getting to in the package details.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 01:31:31 AM by Timothy25 » Logged
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1710 on: November 07, 2009, 09:44:28 AM »

I haven't liked any of the albums since Crush-I actually liked Keep the Faith and These Days in the 90's a lot, I don't care for the first single at all-in all fairness, I have not heard the album

libertad
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1711 on: November 09, 2009, 01:38:30 PM »

anyone in the NYC area also going to the album signing at Best Buy on friday??  I think im going to try and get a wristband tomorrow morning...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1712 on: November 10, 2009, 08:40:24 PM »

Kept my tradition a live today

since Keep The Faith, I have bought every BJ album on the first day of release.

This album, I was really worried first few listens.. this album reminds me a lot of These Days... I didn't care for These Days much first few listens and it quickly became one of my fave BJ albums ever

I do agree with Nico now.. this is the best BJ album of the 21st century.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1713 on: November 10, 2009, 08:52:04 PM »

I'm gonna be seeing these guys for the first time live. I can't wait. I'm going with my mom and her boyfriend. Its kinda weird to be going with my mom especially. We rarely share any interest in music. Her bf and i and my dad and i share a lot in common with music but not me and my mom.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1714 on: November 10, 2009, 09:08:33 PM »

I'm gonna be seeing these guys for the first time live. I can't wait. I'm going with my mom and her boyfriend. Its kinda weird to be going with my mom especially. We rarely share any interest in music. Her bf and i and my dad and i share a lot in common with music but not me and my mom.

Bon Jovi was maybe one of the most "fun" concerts I have ever been to in that it kind of feels like a big party. Until you see them in concert you don't realize how many hits they really have because you will know almost every song even as a marginal fan. I think that really helps in the overall atmosphere for the show. They play a pretty extensive set-list, and Jon still looks like he is having fun up there even after all these years.

I hope you have a good time but I suspect you won't come back disappointed.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1715 on: November 10, 2009, 09:45:41 PM »

Bon Jovi was maybe one of the most "fun" concerts I have ever been to in that it kind of feels like a big party. Until you see them in concert you don't realize how many hits they really have because you will know almost every song even as a marginal fan. I think that really helps in the overall atmosphere for the show. They play a pretty extensive set-list, and Jon still looks like he is having fun up there even after all these years.

I hope you have a good time but I suspect you won't come back disappointed.

I don't think i will either. I've been a big fan for years but never got the chance to see them. So i doubt there will be many songs if any i am not familiar with.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1716 on: November 11, 2009, 04:01:11 PM »

Even the songs u don't know come off great live and they won't bore u. I've always loved Bon Jovi cause they write HUGE hooks, so by the 2nd chorus, u are already singing a long even if u have never heard the song before. It truly is Arena Rock at its finest.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1717 on: November 11, 2009, 06:54:34 PM »

I'm really excited. I wish the show wasn't 5 months away though!
Chief
Legend

« Reply #1718 on: November 11, 2009, 07:34:07 PM »

730 is ridiculous!! i've seen them but no way i'd pay that much.  i guess that's why prices are high.. some people will get em.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1719 on: November 11, 2009, 09:14:14 PM »

730 is ridiculous!! i've seen them but no way i'd pay that much.  i guess that's why prices are high.. some people will get em.

In fairness to Bon Jovi. Those are for the VIP packages. Just a regular ticket for the show i'm going to ranges from 29.50, 49.50, 65.00 and 129.50. That's not too terrible. The price of the ticket also includes a copy of the new album.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: