Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:04:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 187351 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1800 on: June 10, 2010, 03:46:48 PM »

They will never get the respect they deserve but their success is undeniable.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1801 on: June 13, 2010, 03:13:00 AM »

Damn, I just dissed Bon Jovi on their facebook page..

world ending maybe??

I pride myself on being honest and not letting my fandom get in the way if something is going down i think is bullshit.

Bon jovi lifted service fees on tickets WOO HOO, thanks alot guys... doesn't help us in the US.

so i blasted them

told them how hypocritical it is to sing about the Tommy and Gina and the Work For The Working Man when their ticket prices are fucking outrageous. just ridiculous

i had 2 seats halfway down stadium, front row and paid 800 bucks for 2 tix

that is just insane.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1802 on: June 13, 2010, 12:56:27 PM »

world ending maybe??

I pride myself on being honest and not letting my fandom get in the way if something is going down i think is bullshit.

Bon jovi lifted service fees on tickets WOO HOO, thanks alot guys... doesn't help us in the US.

so i blasted them

told them how hypocritical it is to sing about the Tommy and Gina and the Work For The Working Man when their ticket prices are fucking outrageous. just ridiculous

that is just insane.
Apparently you haven't heard.  Tommy USED to work on the docks.  Now apparently he's doing quite well for himself and can afford the luxuries life has to offer.  Jon just doesn't write that song because it's not as fun to sing, and tougher to relate to for us common folk.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1803 on: June 13, 2010, 03:26:46 PM »

world ending maybe??

so i blasted them

that is just insane.

I agree D, i saw that post by them as well. So what they lifted service fees for a month. Even with that the ticket prices were still insane. WIth no service fees my tickets to the Dallas show would've been 390 instead of 450 big fucking whoop.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1804 on: July 12, 2010, 06:48:53 PM »

Jon Bon Jovi injures leg at New Jersey concert

AP
10 hours ago

New Jersey rocker Jon Bon Jovi didn't even need "Something For The Pain" to finish a concert in his home state, despite tearing a calf muscle toward the end of the show.

Bon Jovi injured himself toward the end of the band's 2 1/2-hour concert at the New Meadowlands Stadium in East Rutherford on Friday night, then limped back and forth across the stage for an encore, "Livin' On A Prayer."

The singer, who grew up in Sayreville, N.J., injured his leg during a cover of the Dave Clark Five hit "Glad All Over." About halfway through the song, he leaned heavily on his microphone stand to support his injured leg.

"My calf muscle just blew out! Whoa!," he said from the stage. "I got another leg. I don't need this one."

A video posted on YouTube shows the 48-year-old singer limping back and forth across the stage, flexing his foot as he assures the crowd he's OK.

"Don't you worry, folks," he said. "I ain't got nowhere to go. I'm old. What can I tell you? But I'm still good-lookin'!"

After taking a final bow at the front of the stage with fellow band members, Bon Jovi hobbled off with the help of keyboard player David Bryan, who wrapped his arm around Bon Jovi's back.

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvKhJF1cb9U

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1805 on: July 12, 2010, 07:05:39 PM »

Gonna be interesting how he finishes the tour. Guess he will wear a walking boot and probably play more guitar i would imagine.

robd788
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1806 on: August 26, 2010, 05:01:39 AM »

New Bon Jovi greatest hits out November 9.  First single What do you got.

http://www.bonjovi.com/story/news-band/bon_jovi_greatest_hits_to_be_released_in_november_worldwide-1
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1807 on: August 27, 2010, 03:37:34 PM »

http://cdn.sparkart.net/bonjovi/content/mp3/WhatDoYouGotV2T1Final.mp3

Brand New Song

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #1808 on: November 10, 2010, 09:19:15 PM »

Live broadcast from NYC tonight on...

www.youtube.com/bonjovi
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1809 on: November 11, 2010, 12:40:20 PM »

"What do you got" sounds like hes purposefully trying to sound like some hard done to hillbilly with that title lol!

html sucks
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1810 on: November 11, 2010, 01:03:11 PM »

Loved the concert. They kinda sucked on Letterman the other night seemed kinda stiff but were great last night.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1811 on: February 06, 2011, 04:14:49 PM »

There's a story circulating that Jon Bon Jovi is in talks to buy 15 percent of the Atlanta Falcons for $150 million.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1812 on: February 07, 2011, 01:17:50 AM »

world ending maybe??

so i blasted them

that is just insane.
Question is, why did you pay that kind of money to see a band?

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1813 on: February 07, 2011, 01:38:09 AM »

world ending maybe??

so i blasted them

that is just insane.
Question is, why did you pay that kind of money to see a band?

i had the money and they are awesome live.
Id pay that to see GNR,Bon Jovi or Prince. as long as i had it to spend.

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #1814 on: February 08, 2011, 09:00:11 PM »

I'm going to the tour opener tomorrow, shame it's being broadcast on YouTube - I'll be there regardless!

Smiley
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1815 on: February 23, 2011, 10:40:41 AM »

Just scored 10 dollar tickets for Bon Jovi tomorrow night at the Garden, Finally an employee special for a show I want to go to!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #1816 on: February 23, 2011, 11:01:18 AM »

Just scored 10 dollar tickets for Bon Jovi tomorrow night at the Garden, Finally an employee special for a show I want to go to!

Hook a fellow HTGTH'r up!

hihi
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1817 on: February 23, 2011, 11:52:29 AM »

Hook a fellow HTGTH'r up!

hihi

haha i totally would. tix are gone though, there were only a few and everyone in the office snatched em up
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1818 on: February 25, 2011, 01:29:20 PM »

Ok saw Bon Jovi last night, and they were great, Jon sounds awesome, the band was tight, HOWEVER I do have a problem, would love to hear some of the Bon Jovi fans opinions on this.  Is it just me, or are the guitars WAY too low in the mix these days?  When they play the classic songs it sounds like they are playing through the same rig they played "Lost Highway" on and it just weakens the whole performance.  'SWW","NJ" and "Keep the Faith" all had a real crunchy heavy guitar sound, and when they play the songs now, it definitely feels watered down for mass consumption for the Faith Hill, Rascal Flatts crowd(which makes up a huge part of their fan base)  It seems they are really catering to the whole middle  age contemporary fan base, not that there is anything wrong with those fans, but the classics just don't feel the same anymore. 

I love Bon Jovi, and the band sounded great, played almost 3 hours, nonstop song after song, I just didn't like the soundboard mix.  It sound quality was really good, just not the "sound" I like, what do you guys think?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1819 on: February 25, 2011, 05:31:43 PM »

It sounded great in Dallas when i saw them back in April.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: