Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:17:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 184757 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1820 on: February 26, 2011, 05:36:31 AM »

I saw them on the Lost Highway tour in Australia a few years ago, and the guitar sound was awesome, all of Richie's squeals and shredding sounded great on the old stuff they played

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #1821 on: February 26, 2011, 11:10:11 AM »

shoulda went last night...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1822 on: February 28, 2011, 12:56:51 AM »

Holy Shit Bodhi, did u go to the 2 encore 30 song show?

JESUS what I'd give to see that!

Bootleg somebody please!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1823 on: February 28, 2011, 10:27:53 AM »

Holy Shit Bodhi, did u go to the 2 encore 30 song show?

JESUS what I'd give to see that!

Bootleg somebody please!

yeah it only cost me 10 bucks too..employee discount  Grin  but I dont think it was that one, i went to the Thursday night show.  The performance was great, I just thought the guitars were buried a little in the mix.  But Bon Jovi was spot on as always.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1824 on: February 28, 2011, 11:50:09 AM »

I ac tually really love the "Lost Highway" CD but i think they play way too much of it live. I think they do cause its easier on Jon's voice. he hasn't been the same since late80's early 90's when he royally screwed it up doing all those shows. Doesn't help he still smokes. Past 4 or 5 years though, he has done a lot 0f v0cal coach work, cause his voice is definitely back being very powerful and good. it was lagging a bit on the Have a nice Day tour.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1825 on: February 28, 2011, 04:15:06 PM »

He needs to quit the cigs. Axl was smart and did it. Jon should too. Jon smokes A LOT too. I saw their When We Were Beautiful documentary. He was lighting a cig every few minutes.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1826 on: March 07, 2011, 10:04:12 AM »

Just bought that Bon Jovi night 2 MSG show for 25 bucks.

Great HD quality 30 fucking songs! I would've paid 50!

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1827 on: April 30, 2011, 12:45:19 AM »

Richie Sambora Opts Out Of Bon Jovi Tour
By Paul Cashmere
4 hours ago (Sat, 30 Apr 2011 10:16:24 +1000)

Bon Jovi will continue their American tour without lead guitarist and founding member Richie Sambora.

Sambora has opted out of the current tour and checked himself into rehab.

The band issued the following statement: "Our support for Richie is absolute. He is, and will remain, a member of Bon Jovi. Although he will be absent from upcoming shows for the time being, we very much look forward to his healthy return. In the meantime, we will keep our commitment to our fans and continue our tour."

Bon Jovi?s next show is tonight (Saturday, April 30) in New Orleans. A replacement for Sambora was not announced and Richie is still very much a part of the band.

Bon Jovi had the highest grossing tour in the USA last year. They clocked up $201 million in ticket sales. Richie Sambora last checked himself into rehab in 2007.

It is not known when Sambora will return to the band.

http://www.undercover.fm/news/14540-richie-sambora-opts-out-of-bon-jovi-tour

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1828 on: April 30, 2011, 02:19:34 AM »

FUCK this sucks. Glad i didn't buy tickets to Atlanta show. Isn't bon jovi without Richie. wouldn't be the same.

Bobby Bandelero i guess will take over guitar.. Jon probably will bring someone in I'd imagine.

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1829 on: May 01, 2011, 10:14:04 PM »

Richie Sambora Opts Out Of Bon Jovi Tour
By Paul Cashmere
4 hours ago (Sat, 30 Apr 2011 10:16:24 +1000)

Bon Jovi will continue their American tour without lead guitarist and founding member Richie Sambora.

Sambora has opted out of the current tour and checked himself into rehab.

The band issued the following statement: "Our support for Richie is absolute. He is, and will remain, a member of Bon Jovi. Although he will be absent from upcoming shows for the time being, we very much look forward to his healthy return. In the meantime, we will keep our commitment to our fans and continue our tour."

Bon Jovi?s next show is tonight (Saturday, April 30) in New Orleans. A replacement for Sambora was not announced and Richie is still very much a part of the band.

Bon Jovi had the highest grossing tour in the USA last year. They clocked up $201 million in ticket sales. Richie Sambora last checked himself into rehab in 2007.

It is not known when Sambora will return to the band.

http://www.undercover.fm/news/14540-richie-sambora-opts-out-of-bon-jovi-tour

I honestly thought that all of the members of Bon Jovi were clean.  Undecided

Granted I've not seen alot of them, but from the stuff I have seen the last few years, they all seemed to have mellowed and turned into straight, clean musicians...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1830 on: May 03, 2011, 12:11:07 AM »

http://www.undercover.fm/news/14574-bon-jovi-replaces-richie-sambora-with-phil-x

Bon Jovi Replaces Richie Sambora With Phil X
By Paul Cashmere
19 hours ago (Mon, 02 May 2011 18:33:52 +1000)

Phil X is the new guitarist in Bon Jovi replacing Richie Sambora, at least for the time being.

Phil who you say? So do we!

Phil Xenidis was the guy who replaced Rik Emmett in Triumph and has played with Rob Zombie, Tommy Lee, Kelly Clarkson, Alice Cooper and Daughtry.

As a songwriter Phil co-wrote ?Tired? on the Tommy Lee ?Tommyland: The Ride? album. He has also performed with Lee on Ellen and The Tonight Show.

Bon Jovi announced the temporary departure of Richie Sambora on Friday, the day before they resumed their American tour in New Orleans. Sambora has checked into rehab. It is unknown how long he will be out of Bon Jovi.

The last date of the current Bon Jovi tour is July 31, in Lisbon, Portugal.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1831 on: June 06, 2011, 11:54:50 PM »

http://www.undercover.fm/news/15008-richie-sambora-released-from-rehab

Richie Sambora Released From Rehab
By Music-News.com, Paul Cashmere

Richie Sambora has been released from drug rehab and is now free to rejoin Bon Jovi.

The Bon Jovi guitarist received treatment for exhaustion and to aid his sobriety in April and May. The American rock band completed their The Circle Tour last year and Richie reportedly began struggling soon after it ended.

Details of where Richie received help haven't been released but he arrived in New York yesterday.

'Sambora told our photog at JFK he was feeling good - which was evidenced by the fact he signed dozens upon dozens of autographs for fans,' reports TMZ.

Richie had flown from Los Angeles to New York and is apparently planning to reunite with his bandmates Jon Bon Jovi, Tico Torres and David Bryan. They are scheduled to perform in Croatia on Wednesday as part of their Live 2011 tour and it's thought Richie will take to the stage with them.

The 51-year-old previously received in-patient treatment for alcoholism, checking into Cirque Lodge in Utah in 2007. That decision to get help came after his high-profile divorce from Heather Locklear, which was finalised just days before the musician's father died of lung.

It's thought he began drinking again shortly before he checked into a facility in April.

'Richie recently has been drinking too much, and wants to get his life together,' a source said at the time.

bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1832 on: July 26, 2011, 01:20:29 PM »

Bon Jovi my second favorite band...TO be honest,Bon Jovi is the most popular rnr band right now...Thez can fillout stadiums across the globe...These guys playing more than 25 years...I watched them in Zagreb and that was with GNR in Belgrade the best show in my life
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1833 on: August 18, 2011, 10:38:33 AM »

"Slippery When Wet" tuns 25 today!  Here is a retrospective interview with Jon and Richie.

http://www.bonjovi.com/story/news/listen-to-exclusive-interview-with-jbj-and-richie-sambora
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1834 on: August 19, 2011, 06:52:03 PM »

Everybody start voting Bon jovi

Can't let Michael Jackson win this.. He lip synched that performance

as rock fans lets band together and win this!

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1835 on: August 19, 2011, 10:56:36 PM »

Everybody start voting Bon jovi

Can't let Michael Jackson win this.. He lip synched that performance

as rock fans lets band together and win this!
While I agree that lip synching is lame, MOST pop acts do it.  The focus is on the performance and the dancing, not the vocals.  And obviously a LARGE appeal to Michael Jackson was his dancing.  So I don't think it's as big a deal as if Bon Jovi, or some other rock act would've done it.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1836 on: November 15, 2011, 02:48:40 PM »

This one's for you D:

Corey Taylor with guest Billy Morrison covering "Dead or Alive" unplugged last night at Corey's solo gig in Anaheim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqyMk6FQ37c&feature=youtu.be

That dude can flat out sing.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1837 on: November 15, 2011, 05:21:40 PM »

Pretty Cool

Amazing how great that song still holds up.

robd788
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1838 on: June 18, 2012, 05:52:20 AM »

According to Jon:

New single in January 2013 with a new album and tour in March 2013.

Richie's solo album will be out in September 2012 with a few small shows around US and Europe in the pipeline.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1839 on: June 21, 2012, 12:48:28 AM »

Fingers Crossed it kicks ass and they don't further go poppy like a couple those greatest hits songs sounded.

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: