Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:50:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 187380 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2003, 12:13:02 PM »

Bon Jovi rock but there no match to Gn'r, they haven't been too good since Cross Road
Michelle
Miss Agreeable Austrian
Legend

Axl's Girl

« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2003, 12:16:54 PM »

Bon Jovi rock but there no match to Gn'r, they haven't been too good since Cross Road

True, and Cross Road was already a kinda best of album anyway...

It's a miracle how long we can stay in a world our mind's created, in a world that's full of shit - Coma
Sydney
Rocker

All we need is a little patience

« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2003, 12:17:24 PM »

I love Bon Jovi (going to see them Hyde Park, 28 June) but they come no where near Guns n Roses!! don't think another band could for me!
theblues
Bad Brad
VIP

Jason Becker rules

« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2003, 02:54:42 PM »

I dont like Bon Jovi per say and I dont think they are anything like GnR.

God gave us great music - Thanks to GnR that is
Andrew
Ewok
VIP

Art Student

« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2003, 03:45:35 PM »

I must admit i do like them, saw them at Milton Keyens Bowl, they where really good.  GNR much better btw
theblues
Bad Brad
VIP

Jason Becker rules

« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2003, 05:12:31 PM »

Is it just me or does Jon have lots of trouble hitting the harmonies in concert?   [no]

God gave us great music - Thanks to GnR that is
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2003, 05:23:05 PM »

Seriously though, I never liked his music, maybe if I was a 15 year old chick with acne problems or a male who deep down is a repressed homosexual, I'd love him forever more. Undecided

*Cough*Bullshit*cough* Wink

Nah im going to see them in Hyde Park in July...Just for the experience really and my best mate loves them.

There new stuff is shit, but there old stuff, well it revolutionized the industry in some ways.

I by no means love him though, im just up for seeing any rock related gig at present and it also means 3 days in London and time off work....Who the fuck in there right mind would miss that chance...? Undecided

I know what id rather be doing! Cheesy

Axlhogg
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2003, 06:25:43 PM »

maybe if I was a 15 year old chick with acne problems or a male who deep down is a repressed homosexual
Well, that can't be true.  I like them...

They're cheesy, which is what makes them great.  So rubbish that they're good.  Except they are very good musicians, and Jon does have a fantastic voice.

Just a fun band. [ok]
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2003, 06:42:00 PM »

I use to like Bon Jovi 15 years ago and then GNR came along and I was like "Bon Jovi who?".  [rofl]

Why don't you just....
Michelle
Miss Agreeable Austrian
Legend

Axl's Girl

« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2003, 10:16:11 AM »

I like their first three albums.  After that, they became overcommercialized kiddie pop.

When I first heard "It's My Life", I SWEAR I thought it was the Backstreet Boys.

Haha, yeah! That's absolutely true [ok] I also think that they have had some good stuff back in the days, but their current album is just bullshit. I have to "admit" that I have seen them twice in concert and it wasn't too bad. And I'll go and see them again at the end of may when they'll come to Vienna for a show. I mean, we barely have good rock concerts here at all so I'm happy with anything that is happening here and there are by far worse things than Bon Jovi. Fortunately they played old stuff for the major part of the shows I've been to - I hope that they will this time too...

It's a miracle how long we can stay in a world our mind's created, in a world that's full of shit - Coma
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2003, 10:11:00 PM »

Okay well I could be cool and say GNR is better and all of hat but no I'm not.... musically GN'R is way better yeah.

Lyrically... Bon Jovi beats Gn'R easily.

Bounce is a good album and its coming back up the charts... Bon JOvi's albums have all sold 1,000,000 each (excep for Bounce)

Gn'R did have 1 album flop so I don't want to hear how much better Gn'R is then bon JOvi.

BOth bands are good either way tohugh so whatever...
Best Bon Jovi album...
These Days

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Michelle
Miss Agreeable Austrian
Legend

Axl's Girl

« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2003, 08:06:04 AM »

Lyrically... Bon Jovi beats Gn'R easily.

Bounce is a good album and its coming back up the charts... Bon JOvi's albums have all sold 1,000,000 each (excep for Bounce)

Are you really saying that lyrically Bon Jovi beats GN'R??? Huh Well, ok then, I don't really know how you can come to that concusion...

Bounce is a good album? Can't really agree on that one either. I think Bounce is a piece of shit if you ask me, sorry, but it really is in my opinion. I think that Bon Jovi once was a pretty good band with some good rock songs. They've never come close to GN'R but did have some good stuff back in the days - unfortunately they've become more of a pop act than anything else. [peace]

Cristina
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2003, 08:10:57 AM »

I think that the lyrics department is probably where Bon Jovi comes out weakest when compared to GN'R.  I have to agree with Michelle on this...

And although I AM a BJ fan, their latest album feels a little... weak, or rushed... I dunno...
Michelle
Miss Agreeable Austrian
Legend

Axl's Girl

« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2003, 08:20:07 AM »

I think that the lyrics department is probably where Bon Jovi comes out weakest when compared to GN'R.  I have to agree with Michelle on this...

And although I AM a BJ fan, their latest album feels a little... weak, or rushed... I dunno...

Thank you! Smiley

Anyway, I didn't wanna say that Bon Jovi's lyrics suck or something like that, but I couldn't see them close to GN'Rs' and for Bon Jovi's latest album... well, yeah, I think it sucks major ass compared to their earlier albums. It's maybe still much better than the major part of the pop shit out there but not as good as they could probably be.

Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2003, 09:29:28 AM »

Anyway, I didn't wanna say that Bon Jovi's lyrics suck or something like that, but I couldn't see them close to GN'Rs' and for Bon Jovi's latest album... well, yeah, I think it sucks major ass compared to their earlier albums. It's maybe still much better than the major part of the pop shit out there but not as good as they could probably be.

I think you're totally fucking stupid. I mean they're album had little promotion and it still sits in the 70's on the charts. So you can take that in the ass. If they release You Had me From Hello then can you say hit single? Acoustic hit single? No you probably couldn't because you're being too closed minded. So we'll wait until they tour and then we'll see a #1 album.

Later...

But don't damn me
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2003, 09:36:01 AM »

I think you're totally fucking stupid.
Yo mums a ho an u like 2 fuk chikens.

So you can take that in the ass.
Bet she can't.

Oh, and shut up.
Michelle
Miss Agreeable Austrian
Legend

Axl's Girl

« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2003, 10:12:59 AM »

I think you're totally fucking stupid. I mean they're album had little promotion and it still sits in the 70's on the charts. So you can take that in the ass. If they release You Had me From Hello then can you say hit single? Acoustic hit single? No you probably couldn't because you're being too closed minded. So we'll wait until they tour and then we'll see a #1 album.

Well, thanx for responding that friendly... I guess you've had a bad day... Their album had little promotion? Ok, I don't know exactly how much promotion they had but in my opinion you can't say wether an album is good or not by the promotion. If the music sucks there can be lots of promotion and it will still suck. And I'm sorry, but Bounce sucks if you ask me. I don't wanna bash Bon Jovi here (I will even go and see them live when they come to my city), but they for sure have had much better albums than this one. [peace]

MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2003, 10:20:24 PM »

Quote from: Thorned_Rose

I do think they are pretty good. One thing I can say for sure is that Jon Bon Jovi can sing better then Axl Rose. Anyone agree? Later...
[/quote

I do not think Bon Jovi can sing better than Axl Rose at all.  [no] Oh since you a big Bon Jovi fan what is the name of that new vidoe they have? I seen it today for the first time. I did not like the song but, the video was funny how the guy bull shit's to that girl. Dam did that guy get fucked all day in that video.  [hihi]  [hihi]  [hihi]   [peace]  I'm not a Bon Jovi fan for the record.  Grin  

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2003, 09:15:38 AM »

If the music sucks there can be lots of promotion and it will still suck. And I'm sorry, but Bounce sucks if you ask me.

Well hey thats cool Michelle, I mean... it is your opinion but I think I'm very very good on analyzing some stuff. I don't care who you ask, if you do promote an Album well then it will help people buy it. To be good in the first place is putting out an album all together. So you know Bon JOvi have confidence, Crush sold 7 million world wide which is pretty good. They played at the Superbowl and the opening game. Thats it no touring yet. Yet they still are on the charts. And yes charts do matter, they reflect on who buys it, aka who listens to you. So give me a break on that. You probably have heard 2-4 songs on Bounce. I have the album and I think that there are 3-5 hits on there. Like I said You Had Me From Hello is equivelant to Patience. It will be too, it should be.

On The lyrics... you've got to be kidding me. Bon Jovi's lyrics are a little better then Guns N' Roses.
Bed of Roses
Livin' On a Prayer
Never Say Goodbye
Runaway
Keep the Faith
Dry County
I'll Be There For You
Always (Awesome Song)
All About Lovin' You
Tokyo Road
Living in Sinn
Stick to Your Guns
Blaze of Glory (JBJ)

Those are some of the one's I can remember so give me a break, and those songs are very strong lyrically. Enough said. Bon Jovi has released these albums since 1994. (Total Albums)
Crossroads (94)
These Days (95)
Crush (00)
ONe Wild Night (01)
Bounce (02)

GN'R
Use Your Illusion (Complication)
Live Era (87-93)
Chinese Democracy (06) <--- lol!!!

A live album and a complication compared to 3 studio albums and a live and a greatest hits... cough cough... whos better? *COUGH*

[drooling]

But don't damn me
Michelle
Miss Agreeable Austrian
Legend

Axl's Girl

« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2003, 10:37:10 AM »

Yeah, I know what you mean. Sure, promotion matters a lot and if you're in the charts or not does also matter a lot and probably makes more people buy the fuckin' album. But to me personally it doesn't matter how much promotion a record has or that it is on #1 in the Billboard Charts. I don't value an album by it's success or by how well it sells.

And I'm sorry, but you're wrong. I have heard the Bounce album from beginning to end (I've heard all Bon Jovi albums from beginning to end coz my best friend is a die hard Bon Jovi fan). And even that she really is crazy about the band and Jon himself she's true enough to herself when it comes to lyrics. Bon Jovi doesn't have bad lyrics at all, I don't wanna diss them, but they don't even come close to Gn'R if you ask me. Dizzy has listed just a few songs that are all far ahead of Bon Jovi.

And your last statement... I also disagree that you value a band by the number of records they've put out? I much rather have one good album like Appetite than have five shitty albums released one after the other.

[peace]
« Last Edit: March 04, 2003, 10:38:23 AM by Michelle » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: