Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:11:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227801 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion  (Read 183861 times)
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« on: December 31, 2007, 09:35:49 PM »

figured I'd make one...

go Yanks! beer

*edit -- changed title to reflect off-season discussion!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 05:55:20 PM by cotis » Logged
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 05:26:11 PM »

The fans are going to be BRUTAL to the yanks when they're on the road.  Everyone hates them enough as it is, but with all the juice rumors/accusations it's going to be tough (and kinda funny) for them on the road.

heres something i'll put ANY amount of money on....  My Pirates will NOT make the world series Smiley

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 07:52:39 AM »

Hey, just popping in before we hit the road and "marking" the thread.

Can't wait to see Roger's interview this Sunday.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 09:31:14 AM »

I read where Canseco has a new book coming out called "Vindicated" that will name more names.  It is supposed to come out on openning day 2008.

Who would have thought that he would be the only one telling the truth??
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 10:13:57 AM »

The fans are going to be BRUTAL to the yanks when they're on the road.? Everyone hates them enough as it is, but with all the juice rumors/accusations it's going to be tough (and kinda funny) for them on the road.
Fortunately, The Yankees thrive in that kind of atmosphere!!! headbanger

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 10:40:47 AM »

The fans are going to be BRUTAL to the yanks when they're on the road.  Everyone hates them enough as it is, but with all the juice rumors/accusations it's going to be tough (and kinda funny) for them on the road.
Fortunately, The Yankees thrive in that kind of atmosphere!!! headbanger

hehe, very true.  They won't be the only ones hearing it either.  I'm really curious to see what (if any) the fan backlash will be.

funniest thing I've read involving the Mitchel report was some dude writing his paper saying "with all of the Baltimore players named in the Mitchel report, can we stop calling these drugs "performance enhancing"   hihi

....or something like that. 

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 09:23:08 PM »

I was wondering when we'd switch to '08.  Pitchers and catchers in, what...six weeks?   beer

heres something i'll put ANY amount of money on....  My Pirates will NOT make the world series Smiley

I don't like seeing horrible teams in Cincinnati and Pittsburgh.  Those are old school baseball towns, and deserve better.  Of course, they can't improve or it will hurt my Cubbies.  Unless the Reds and Bucs were to move up and Milwaukee and St. Louis to move down.  Yeah...I think I'd be fine with that.  Grin

Anyway, I'm anxious to see how Fukudome will do in Cubbie blue.  I think it could be a BIG increase in revenue, because they'll now appeal to a whole new market.

Also, I heard rumors of allowing some company to buy the rights to Wrigley's name (such as SBC Park, etc.).  That's fucking sacrilege. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 10:03:35 PM »

Can you say #1 selling jersey ever!!!!!!!!!!!!  Fukudome?  Are you serious?   rofl  rofl  rofl

"with all of the Baltimore players named in the Mitchel report, can we stop calling these drugs "performance enhancing"   
^thanks Butters, very funny indeed.  yes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 10:10:36 PM »

Can you say #1 selling jersey ever!!!!!!!!!!!!  Fukudome?  Are you serious?   rofl  rofl  rofl

Yes I'm fucking serious!   rant rofl

Teams with Japanese players are the ones likely to sell merchandise to Japanese people (umm...not because they're racist)! 

In other news, I just noticed that this weeks Cubs mailbag included numerous comments regarding the potential sale of naming rights for Wrigley.  I enjoyed this one the most:

I don't often write e-mail responses to articles that I have read, but this one bothers me to the point of action. Sell the naming rights to Wrigley Field? Is nothing sacred anymore? Why doesn't Zell sell the naming rights to his children while he is at it? He could be the proud father of Disney Zell, or Nabisco Zell, or the ever popular Dell Zell.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 10:12:02 PM »

Freedom, I wasn't being hostile dude!  I was laughing at the fact his name starts with fuck you!  I just thought of a great name for a new Dome in Chicago!   hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2008, 10:28:57 PM »

Freedom, I wasn't being hostile dude!  I was laughing at the fact his name starts with fuck you!  I just thought of a great name for a new Dome in Chicago!   hihi

Gotcha. 

Actually, it's kind of Fuck-You-Do-Me (obviously not pronounced that way, but still...)

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 09:18:34 PM »

So Clemens admits to being injected with stuff, it just wasn't roids or HGH?

rofl

sounds shady to me

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2008, 09:25:04 PM »

So Clemens admits to being injected with stuff, it just wasn't roids or HGH?

rofl

sounds shady to me
Just like Gary Sheffield didn't know what that "cream" was that he was using.  And Bonds too.  Give it a rest Roger.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 05:44:13 PM »

WOW

APNewsBreak: Clemens, Pettitte, ex-trainer McNamee and Radomski asked to testify to Congress
By HOWARD FENDRICH, AP Sports Writer
January 4, 2008

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte were asked Friday to testify before a congressional committee on Jan. 16, along with their former trainer, Brian McNamee.

Also invited to appear before the House Oversight Committee were former Mets clubhouse attendant Kirk Radomski, whose allegations were a central part of last month's Mitchell report on doping in baseball. Former All-Star second baseman Chuck Knoblauch also was asked to speak to the panel.

A day earlier, the committee is to hear testimony from baseball commissioner Bud Selig, union leader Donald Fehr and former Senate majority leader George Mitchell.

McNamee told Mitchell he had injected Clemens with steroids and human growth hormone during the 1998, 2000 and 2001 seasons. Clemens, in an interview to be broadcast by CBS's "60 Minutes" on Sunday, said McNamee injected him with vitamins and painkillers but not performance-enhancing drugs.

Pettitte admitted McNamee injected him with HGH twice while the pitcher was recovering from an injury.

The panel also convened a March 2005 hearing, when Mark McGwire refused to say whether he had used performance-enhancing drugs. Sammy Sosa said he had never knowingly used illegal performance-enhancing drugs. Rafael Palmeiro denied using drugs but tested positive later that year for a steroid.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2008, 08:18:13 PM »

Who the hell "gets injected" with vitamins?  What a joke.  At least Pettite had the balls to tell the truth.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 08:28:58 PM »

He'll pull a big mac and just say he didn't know what was getting pumped into him.  if he lies in front of congress...isn't that like, bad!??!?!

but, can Roger change his story at this point now?  If he said it was Vitamins/Pain killers in public and then under oath says "shit, i don't reallly know what it was" - its pretty obvious hes full of shit.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2008, 11:57:41 AM »

HGH and steroids were not banned by MLB until recently. is that correct?

cause based on the press releases, it appears Clemens' denials to be aired on 60 Minutes include the term "banned substances." 

if HGH was not a banned substance, the term "BANNED" should not be included in the questioning or in his response.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 03:08:21 PM »

cause based on the press releases, it appears Clemens' denials to be aired on 60 Minutes include the term "banned substances." 

if HGH was not a banned substance, the term "BANNED" should not be included in the questioning or in his response.

If something is illegal, doesn't it go without saying that it can't be used to gain a competitive advantage? 

I'm sure big "collective bargaining" advocates will give that a hearty "NO!," but it seems pretty clear to me.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2008, 04:44:23 PM »

cause based on the press releases, it appears Clemens' denials to be aired on 60 Minutes include the term "banned substances."?

I could be wrong, but I was under the assumption that steroids and HGH WERE banned substances by MLB, they just didn't have sufficient testing for steroids, and absolutely NO testing for HGH.  I could be wrong about HGH though, I think I do remember reading that it wasn't a banned subsance until 2002 or something.  Steroids have never been legal though, I'm quite sure of that.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2008, 06:57:33 PM »

cause based on the press releases, it appears Clemens' denials to be aired on 60 Minutes include the term "banned substances."?

If something is illegal, doesn't it go without saying that it can't be used to gain a competitive advantage??

i don't think so. if that were the case there would be no reason for MLB to specifically list them as "banned" within their drug policy, which they now do.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: