Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 02:44:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [RUMOR] Brazillian tour on 2nd half of 2008 (updated 14/04)?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: [RUMOR] Brazillian tour on 2nd half of 2008 (updated 14/04)?  (Read 28260 times)
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2008, 02:08:23 PM »

Thanks for the info, I hope it comes true for the fans in South America. That being said, I do hope as well that this time the tour (wherever it may be) will be in the same timeframe as the album's release...GN'R shows in South America are always an event, that'd be cool.

zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2008, 02:39:17 PM »

well, GNR never missed RIR without real issues, so maybe this will really happen

DemocracyRose
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2008, 03:07:49 PM »

Sorry for the lame ass translation:

Will they come?

(...)

Another one who has "good chances" (says a producer) to be here is the Guns N' Roses, at the beginign of the second half of the year.

Whole article (in portuguese): http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/folha/ilustrada/ult90u359387.shtml

=======

Well, this is a really reliable source (I mean, the newspaper). But I dunno about their source, so, take it as a grain of salt. Also, shall I remember you that last year we had several rumors about shows in Brazil and nothing happened?

Maybe people here wouldn't be interested, but if this is true, it may be a good sign of things starting to moving again. Maybe with the album too. Here's hope!? peace

Thanks for info.  Smiley

Is "the plan" only one concert or a full South American tour?
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2008, 03:29:11 PM »

Sorry for the lame ass translation:

Will they come?

(...)

Another one who has "good chances" (says a producer) to be here is the Guns N' Roses, at the beginign of the second half of the year.

Whole article (in portuguese): http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/folha/ilustrada/ult90u359387.shtml

=======

Well, this is a really reliable source (I mean, the newspaper). But I dunno about their source, so, take it as a grain of salt. Also, shall I remember you that last year we had several rumors about shows in Brazil and nothing happened?

Maybe people here wouldn't be interested, but if this is true, it may be a good sign of things starting to moving again. Maybe with the album too. Here's hope!? peace

Thanks for info.? Smiley

I don't think they'd know, even if GnR had set a date or two already.

They could be booking venues for some gigs, right...? Or is it too early for possible late summer gigs (I don't think it is)?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2008, 03:36:38 PM »

well, GNR never missed RIR without real issues, so maybe this will really happen
Often I see this misunderstanding... This has nothing to do with RIR. Since 2004 (the one missed due to Bucket's departure), the Rock In Rio event is nothing but a brand and it's no more in Brazil - the last two were in Portugal and seems like the next one is gonna be in Spain. I know it sounds crazy because of "Rio", but the city Rio de Janeiro has no connection anymore with RIR.

Who knows? I don't. I just thought of a tour because it seems like it was the plan to hit more than two cities here in Brazil, although the rumors from last year turned out to be untrue or just plain scams.

rockNroses
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2008, 04:21:55 PM »

I keep my fingers crossed for the fans in Brazil. If they come go and see them you won't regret it!!!

Hope they play many shows in the new year!

And I agree with Waldorf, they really should play more dates in Germany.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2008, 05:05:34 PM »

Often I see this misunderstanding... This has nothing to do with RIR. Since 2004 (the one missed due to Bucket's departure), the Rock In Rio event is nothing but a brand and it's no more in Brazil - the last two were in Portugal and seems like the next one is gonna be in Spain. I know it sounds crazy because of "Rio", but the city Rio de Janeiro has no connection anymore with RIR.
yeah I know, I was just referring the Rock in Rio Madrid 2008 mention

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2008, 10:07:23 AM »

Yeah, I know this rumor is going on for quite some time, but there's a new source (kinda credible) saying it will happen:

Festival
The bands Red Hot Chili Peppers and Guns N' Roses will come to Brazil this year. Where and when the show is gonna happen is yet to be decided.

Source (in portuguese): http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/folha/ilustrada/ult90u391816.shtml

Sorry if its a bogus, but would be cool if someone could check this rumor.

Cuzon
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2008, 10:14:46 AM »

Cough "wheres Mysteron" cough
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2008, 10:19:58 AM »

Sure, why not?
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2008, 11:15:15 AM »

Yeah, I know this rumor is going on for quite some time, but there's a new source (kinda credible) saying it will happen:

Festival
The bands Red Hot Chili Peppers and Guns N' Roses will come to Brazil this year. Where and when the show is gonna happen is yet to be decided.

Source (in portuguese): http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/folha/ilustrada/ult90u391816.shtml

There is nothing to check until the 'where and when' parts are reported.

At best this is a promoter being bullish about the chances of GN'R playing in Brazil this year
gokken
Rocker

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2008, 02:25:02 PM »

Festival

At best this is a promoter being bullish about the chances of GN'R playing in Brazil this year

Okey, could you give us some clue about Robin? I mean, if there were a GNR tour this year, would Robin be with them playing?
Lostrose
Rocker

This here is my hetero-lifemate, Silent Bob.

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2008, 02:41:55 PM »

Does anyone feel like the only reason Dr. Pepper would make such an offer is because they KNOW something about the record NOT coming out this year?

I guess, I guess, I guess I never fuckin' learn...
Jaakko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2008, 02:46:52 PM »

Somehow it feels very odd that a soda company would have any actual info on Chinese Democracy.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2008, 03:20:15 PM »

I think the Dr Pepper subject belong to another thread.

Thanks man, I just posted because the source is the biggest newspaper here and thought it could may have some real info.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 04:58:16 PM by Voodoochild » Logged

Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2008, 03:22:44 PM »

GN'R will tour in southamerica if they release CD... that's my point and all promoters (like the one who brought maiden this year) think the same

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2008, 04:16:35 PM »

Festival

Okey, could you give us some clue about Robin? I mean, if there were a GNR tour this year, would Robin be with them playing?

I do not know.

I have posted my thoughts to the other thread. This thread is about the S America thing
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2008, 04:27:27 PM »

GN'R will tour in southamerica if they release CD... that's my point and all promoters (like the one who brought maiden this year) think the same

And you are a promoter?
Of all places in the world, Guns can always tour SA and sell out even without an album out. But the point is, the band itself doesn't want to tour without an album any more. Not that various promoters have demands on the album release, which of course would be ridiculous.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2008, 12:46:17 PM »

Thanks man, I just posted because the source is the biggest newspaper here and thought it could may have some real info.

I think it's wishful thinking from the promoter at this point.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2008, 01:32:22 PM »

Here In Chile Producers in the most important country, a couple of months ago was something pareceido comment.

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: