Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 09:51:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Trouble Within Velvet Revolver?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trouble Within Velvet Revolver?  (Read 75834 times)
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2008, 12:03:35 AM »

SCOTT WEILAND Explains SUNDANCE Concert No-Show - Jan. 22, 2008

BLABBERMOUTH.NET has received an official statement from VELVET REVOLVER's publicist regarding frontman Scott Weiland's absence from the band's concert Sunday night (January 20) at the 944 Magazine's party at Tao during the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah. It reads as follows:

"On Sunday, January 20, the private plane that Scott was traveling on from Miami (where he performed the night before at the AROD Family Foundation and Bay Point Schools benefit) to Utah was diverted because of bad weather. The pilot wouldn't fly from Miami to the Salt Lake City Airport because of extremely poor visibility and a potential poor weather system that made it dangerous for the plane to fly to Salt Lake City. Two hours into the flight, it was diverted to the Van Nuys Airport (in Los Angeles).

"Scott, the band and management tried to find a flight to take him from Van Nuys to Salt Lake City in time for the band's show, but this was not possible. By the time Scott landed at the Van Nuys airport, it was too late to make any connecting flights. VELVET REVOLVER's tour manager also looked into private flights for Scott, but a crew was not available in time for an immediate departure that would have brought him to the show on time."

Thanks FunkyMonkey for posting the above, to help clear up some of the speculation going on.

I think this was more of a private type of show, anyway, and it sounds like they kind of put a "Camp Freddy" kind of vibe into it, so it worked. 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2008, 11:17:40 AM »

^^I guess time will tell.

And then there are still the STP reunion comments.

Apparently Billy Morrison said recently on Camp Freddy Radio, "I happen to know some things. I mean, it's no secret, half of LA knows STP have venues on hold."

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2008, 11:36:49 AM »

From the...

Speculation from inside the band's camp

It sounds like VR were not sure.

Yeah, I figured as much, but I was wondering if there were any rumors or anything else out there.

Ali

Cheesy

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

On the Circuit: Scott Weiland Goes Missing

More postings from Park City, and things are starting to get weird. How weird? Weird enough that lead singers with a history of strange behavior totally blow off a scheduled gig. Let us explain. Velvet Revolver played Sunday night at Tao, though not everyone made it to the stage. Scott Weiland was nowhere in sight and an unidentified gentlemen joined Slash and the boys to sing. The regular band members did not seem pleased with the situation. After an encore of Mr. Brownstone, the singer thanked the crowd for coming to see "Velvet Revolver". Slash reacted by saying "This isn't Velvet Revolver" and quickly walked off stage. So where is Mr. Weiland? Rumors abound - back in rehab, missed his flight, got arrested the night before in Park City - but no one could tell us for sure. We have been checking the local park benches and bus shelters to no avail.

http://downbythehipster.blogspot.com/2008/01/on-circuit-scott-weiland-goes-missing.html

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2008, 12:11:30 PM »

Hmmmmm..... Something sounds..."odd".
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2008, 01:32:14 PM »

Sounds like a end to VR. I'm not too sad about it. I mean I would like 1 more album from these guys so bad... STP would be cool to see.

Weiland sounds like a dick and I don't quite like him anymore in VR.

STP and VR with a new singer? Lets only hope.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2008, 10:14:06 PM »

From Velvetrevolver.com

A Note From Scott

I truly apologize on behalf of the band for our inability to perform at the scheduled party during the Sundance Film Festival. I performed the previous night in Miami in support of the "A-Rod Family Foundation", and afterwards a jet was arranged to fly myself and a couple of the crew members to the festival, where I was looking forward to performing. Not only was I hoping to ROCK, but I also wanted to snowboard AND have some well...good and clean fun! Seriously, though...I even already had my "one piece" long johns on (no shit!!). Now...the problem was that the pilot of the private jet would not...I mean absolutely would NOT fly us to Park City due to the low visibility and poor weather conditions. We did everything in our power to make it happen. At last minute, Matt tried to hook up a flight from L.A. to Park City, but the owner of the plane could not find a crew in time.

I'm sorry...we all are. Who knows...maybe this happened for a reason.

-SW

Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2008, 11:52:00 PM »

what the hell does maybe this happened for a reason mean?

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2008, 12:10:14 AM »

Very good question.  That is bizarre.

Ali
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2008, 12:16:27 AM »

Ali

Because maybe the poor visibility may have caused them to crash or something bad happen.  Saying maybe better off nobody got hurt.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2008, 12:18:28 AM »

Ali

An educated guess says he meant not ending up like Buddy Holly, JFK Jr.....insert plane crash victim here...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Ali
Legend

« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2008, 12:30:01 AM »

Ali

Because maybe the poor visibility may have caused them to crash or something bad happen.  Saying maybe better off nobody got hurt.

Yeah, but then why didn't he just say that in the end they were probably better of for not taking the chance?

You could also very easily interpret that as maybe he didn't end up at the show for a reason.

Ali
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2008, 12:42:39 AM »

Ali, I thought that too, but, why would he and the band express such remorse if that were the case???  Which goes back to the fate thing keeping him out of the plane.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2008, 01:10:51 AM »

Ali

Yeah, but then why didn't he just say that in the end they were probably better of for not taking the chance?

You could also very easily interpret that as maybe he didn't end up at the show for a reason.

Ali

for native speakers, "that" is implied.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
LT4
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2008, 01:56:18 AM »

It seems odd that he couldn't make it into Salt Lake given the numerous instrument approaches
and current weather conditions at the time.  However this would have put him 45 minutes away
thus too late to perform.  If he was asking the pilot to fly to Park City. the closest airport would
have been Heber which does have an instrument approach though requiring  a 2000 ft ceiling.
Plus the runway in Heber is a very narrow short bugger for a Cessna let alone a Jet,  I don't blame
them for not even trying it.  Better safe then sorry.  Kudos to the guys for being responsible and
performing for their audience. 
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2008, 02:41:42 AM »

^ I would wager that you are a pilot. Thanks for the info.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2008, 08:13:14 AM »

Hmm, well I would say that the higher probability of his little statement means he was supposed to not leave because he might crash like others are thinking here.

Other, and maybe a even more underlined note... that he thinks we won't pick up on is that maybe it's a sign that he isn't supposed to be in VR anymore and so on.

Obviously it looks like he said it because of the weather and his safety, but he could of said it meaning that in also with his STP reunion hint going on.

Who knows? I say VR is broken up or on a hiatus in the next 6 months for sure.

Peace

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Ali
Legend

« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2008, 11:45:10 AM »

Ali

Ali

for native speakers, "that" is implied.

For native speakers?  What exactly is that supposed to mean?

I am a native speaker, FYI  Roll Eyes

When you read a comment like that on the heels of Weiland announcing the upcoming STP reunion, it just makes me wonder as to what he actually meant.

Ali
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2008, 11:47:06 AM »

Don't VR have a tour upcoming for Europe?
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2008, 01:19:17 PM »

Yeah they're headlining the ROCKNACHT Festival in Germany on March 29th.  Seems to me like all is well in VR land.....

VELVET REVOLVER will headline the 22nd Rocknacht festival, set to take place March 29 at the Palladium in K?ln, Germany. The festival billing is as follows:

VELVET REVOLVER
THE HIVES
GOOD CHARLOTTE
THE FUTUREHEADS
JOLLY GOODS

Tickets are 47 euros plus cover charge from www.noisenow.de.

Although there has been no official confirmation from anyone involved, VELVET REVOLVER singer Scott Weiland made news over the weekend by telling the Miami Herald to be on the lookout for a STONE TEMPLE PILOTS reunion in the months ahead. The band members are reportedly on good terms again after their less than friendly break-up in 2002, and Weiland told The Pulse of Radio a while back that he wouldn't rule out getting back together. "I think that there is always that distinct possibility," he said. "I have to say it would never come in the way of VELVET REVOLVER, but I don't think that the story has been completely told. I'm unhappy with the ending of the story."

Weiland made his comments at an all-star gala event benefiting the AROD Family Foundation, on Saturday (January 19) at the Ritz Carlton hotel in South Beach, Florida.

Although he was supposed to perform with VELVET REVOLVER on Sunday (January 20) at a party in Park City, Utah during the Sundance Film Festival, Weiland was a no-show for the gig. The vocalist's flight to Utah was diverted because of bad weather. The band carried on with the show, inviting audience members and singer Donovan Leitch to pitch in.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=89175

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2008, 01:26:17 PM »

Thursday January 24, 2008

Duff McKagan on Weiland and STP re-formation rumours

Classic Rock just tracked down Duff McKagan, Velvet Revolver bassist, and quizzed him about VR singer Scott Weiland's recent 'antics'.

Here's what Duff had to say:

On the Sundance Festival:
?I sang It?s So Easy and I Wanna Be Your Dog and then we were panicking a bit over what to play so Matt [Sorum] got up and sang Patience, Matt?s a great singer, he really is. Why wasn?t Scott there? Scott missed his plane, yeah, let?s say that, Scott missed his plane??

On Stone Temple Pilots re-forming:
?That?s the rumour that I?ve heard too, good for him. You can?t plan ahead in this thing and if you do you?re going to be disappointed. Don?t get me wrong, I love playing live and we love this band, but I don?t have expectations any more. This is a great band and I?m proud to be a part of it, but it doesn?t define me any more.?

Stay tuned for further developments.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/page/classicrock?entry=duff_mckagan_on_weiland_and

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: