Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 07:29:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R references in movies and on TV
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R references in movies and on TV  (Read 300601 times)
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #180 on: April 14, 2007, 05:05:47 PM »

There are GNR fans everywhere!   beer

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
insane478
Opening Act

The Man With No Name

« Reply #181 on: April 14, 2007, 07:43:19 PM »

in the cartoon ?Camp Candy?, a group of called rock ?Guns & Snake? and its singer was called ?Alex?

*** THE LEFT HAND OF THE DEVIL ***
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #182 on: April 17, 2007, 01:20:53 PM »

i'm not sure of this but i think that in an episode of the simpsons that i watched today, marge was hlding a dollarbill, and on it it said GNR, i'm not 100% sure but i think it said that, i was slow to recognize it
anythinggoes
« Reply #183 on: April 19, 2007, 01:48:56 PM »

At the end of Jackass 2 if you listen to the audio commentary (yes im sad enough to do that) Johnny Knoxville says a special thank you to Tommy Stinson for allowin them to use one of his songs.   
AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #184 on: April 19, 2007, 03:41:13 PM »

A while ago Versus (OLN at the time) was airing "The Season" i think. A canadian show about hockey parents and in one episode the dudes wife was hiding the life savings in the car and he was looking for something and before finding the life savings he pulled out a walmart UYI cd.

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
Loki
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #185 on: April 21, 2007, 01:37:02 AM »

Was watching a recent episode of CSI and there was a braclet found at a murder with the letters AFD on it, and in the same episode a musician was amurdered and his name was IZZY

June 7- Hammersmith Apollo
June 9- RDS Dublin
July 10- GNR & Rolling Stones Nurnberg - CANCELLED
July 18- Sheffield Arena
July 21- Glasgow SECC
July 29- Wembley Arena
July 30- Wembley Arena
gummyfish
Rocker

« Reply #186 on: April 21, 2007, 10:36:18 AM »

the drummer in the metalocolypse show is visually based off axl. and hes from a band called snakes N' barrels.
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #187 on: April 21, 2007, 03:08:59 PM »

In an episode of Saved By the Bell, where the teachers and students swap places for a week; Zack becomes Principle.... He decorates his office with posters, right behind his head is an early poster of GNR. ?I found that quite cool when I saw it
I think that's pretty sweet lol

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #188 on: April 26, 2007, 12:40:03 AM »

My mom told me that while I was out barbequing, they had a GN'R question on Jeopardy.

Q. What song did Guns N' Roses cover for the 1994 movie "Interview With A Vampire?"
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #189 on: April 26, 2007, 12:47:07 AM »

I watched a Black Crows dvd and Chris Robinson had a UYI II T-shirt. Smiley

Jacksonsbro
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #190 on: April 26, 2007, 02:23:15 AM »

Here is the scene with Marge and WTTJ
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Bp9ibwabZ8
LOL at Marge's eyes
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #191 on: May 06, 2007, 02:41:16 PM »

well, when everybody's talking abouit the leaks i figured i can post in this thread

Yesterday i wathed the Backyard Babies DVD Jetlag the movie, a dvd about the band backyard babies and such.. i already knew that the band is big fans of GNR and there were some references, at every hotel they stay at the rooms must have a GNR poster framed, and another thing was that whe the DVD was over and the list of people they wanted to thank for making the dvd possible Del James name were there, pretty cool

backyard babies was also on the afterparty in stockholm where gnr was last summer in after the stockholm gig and they are among GNR's top friends on myspace wich all makes me wish for a BYB to open for GNR in the future, they'd fit great and they know del james and we all know del knows axl pretty good
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #192 on: May 06, 2007, 10:32:31 PM »

On Temptation "Sale of the Century" last week Axl was one of the faces on the board. He had the washing machine behind him I think.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Megaguns
« Reply #193 on: May 07, 2007, 03:57:25 AM »

Last night on the news our Aussie troops in Iraq were training, shooting guns and stuff, The reporter says " they like to shoot their guns and listen to guns n roses" While paradise city was belting out of a tank in the background.

It was cool.... i wonder if our aussie troops actually know that GnR are coming to Aus?
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #194 on: May 07, 2007, 04:42:30 AM »

Last night on the news our Aussie troops in Iraq were training, shooting guns and stuff, The reporter says " they like to shoot their guns and listen to guns n roses" While paradise city was belting out of a tank in the background.

It was cool.... i wonder if our aussie troops actually know that GnR are coming to Aus?

Probably not. Better send them home so they can go to the concerts! peace

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #195 on: May 07, 2007, 02:49:28 PM »

Wikipedia trumped us all this time around. I forgot this one totally

"The title of the album [UYI] was the focus of a joke on an episode of the sitcom Arrested Development that aired well over a decade after the CD's release. When magician Tony Wonder (played by Ben Stiller) had to come up with a name for his home video, he decided to name it Use Your Illusion II, citing that Use Your Illusion I had already been taken, apparently unaware of the fact that Use Your Illusion II is also the name of an album. In the end, he used the title Use Your Allusion."

also

A band I despise, TREEPHORT, actually did something pretty funny and called their last album "USE YOUR ILLUSION III" the artwork is very similiar except the backround guy is holding a gallon of milk and puking into the trash can and the guy in the forground is not reading but instead lighting his genitals on fire (both those antics were used consistantly onstage during Treephort shows).
Here is the cover art:
http://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=56678&
bigblue88112
Headliner

"All the way from California" -- 11/10/2006

« Reply #196 on: May 07, 2007, 09:15:10 PM »

First post in while!  Anyways...

I was just watching "How I Met Your Mother".  It was a wedding episode.  The bride's ex-boyfriend wanted to break up the wedding and win her back.  He says something to the effect of "Since I can't write any poetry myself, I've decided to share the words of another.  It is entitled 'November Rain' by W. Axl Rose."

Democracy is coming:  November 23, 2008

"Then again, this is Guns N' Roses, where the laws of physics do not apply."
--Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #197 on: May 07, 2007, 09:16:33 PM »

First post in while!  Anyways...

I was just watching "How I Met Your Mother".  It was a wedding episode.  The bride's ex-boyfriend wanted to break up the wedding and win her back.  He says something to the effect of "Since I can't write any poetry myself, I've decided to share the words of another.  It is entitled 'November Rain' by W. Axl Rose."
She also said something to the light of, "While my husband is walking down the aisle singing Guns N' Roses lyrics."

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #198 on: May 07, 2007, 11:09:43 PM »

I do not know if this has been posted yet but Axl Rose and "November Rain" are mentioned on Monday's episode of "How I Met Your Mother".
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #199 on: May 08, 2007, 12:09:33 AM »

not to be rude but.........so what Roll Eyes yeah its cool that they're getting mentioned more but this doesn't help CD

that'da been cool though if they mentioned CD or something like that though

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: