Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:02:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R references in movies and on TV
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R references in movies and on TV  (Read 297367 times)
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #300 on: October 17, 2008, 02:50:54 PM »

Whats the betting that in the future a "I waited for Chinese Democray - so you'll keep" type line will be worked into a script for film/TV

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #301 on: October 17, 2008, 05:07:21 PM »

This is for a radio show and may have been mentioned before, but after the Howard Stern Show on Sirius they have what they call "The Wrap Up Show".  They review the events of the show each day.  At the end of the show they often play "You Could Be Mine" or "Mr. Brownstone".  Another example of someone with good taste in music.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #302 on: October 19, 2008, 12:03:05 PM »

The Story of the Guitar - Sunday 19 October
10:20pm - 11:20pm
BBC1

"In the final programme of the series the guitarists talk about how they find their own sound, and how the guitar has changed their lives. Since its invention, the electric guitar has unleashed a seemingly inexhaustible sonic invention among guitarists.

Featuring Muse's Matt Bellamy, who turns out to be following in his father's space age footsteps, Tony Iommi from Black Sabbath, who talks about the invention of heavy metal, David Gilmour from Pink Floyd, Pete Townshend (Perhaps equally famous for smashing guitars), Johnny Marr from the Smiths on 'the mother of all riffs', Slash and The Edge from U2 among many others."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00f3564

[Wasn't sure whether this should be in the ex-Gunners section but seeing as how they're bound to show some vintage GN'R action thought it'd be okay here.  Feel free to move, if not...]

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #303 on: October 22, 2008, 09:54:06 PM »

A cool little 1984 exploitation film entitled SAVAGE STREETs just got released on DVD.  Some of the extra features include commentary tracks with the actors/producers/etc.

During the film, there is a scene where a rock band is playing in a club and a fight breaks out.  On one of the DVD commentaries, one of the actors says something like --  "Now, if this were a few years later, that band would've been Guns N Roses, and Axl would've jumped offstage and brawled with them, and all hell would've broken loose!"

Something like that anyway.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #304 on: October 25, 2008, 04:00:00 PM »

I don't know if this has mentioned yet, but during an episode in the 11th season of the Simpsons, Otto gets married and shows up to his wedding dressed exactly like Slash from the "November Rain" video wedding.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #305 on: October 25, 2008, 05:20:43 PM »

last week a swedish TV personality Kristian Luuk made his kinda yearly joke nowadays that "the producers of the show has given him the breaking news that guns n' roses record chinese democracy has been delayed"  hihi

he has said it at least 3 years in a row now at the season endings on his different shows the fucker Tongue
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #306 on: October 31, 2008, 06:50:49 PM »

The "reporters" on TMZ are dressed for Halloween and one of them is dressed as 1987 Axl.  This kid already had the same hairstyle so he just basically put on a bandana and a GNR tee.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #307 on: November 01, 2008, 12:20:28 AM »

ON Halloween's Show...

not word for word but...

"So Guns N Roses singer Axl Rose is going to release Chinese Democracy after 17 Years. 17 Years!! Wow... I'm not gonna say he's old, but when he sings "Paradise City", he's singing about Boca Raton, FL.

*For those outside the US... South Florida has the highest population of retired old, rich people in the US. They come here to retire.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Pine Barrens
« Reply #308 on: November 01, 2008, 12:35:17 AM »

That's pretty funny.

I would get ready for more jokes to come, this is only the beginning.  Wink

The last laugh, though, I think will belong to the man with the #1 album in the country come December.
reed2009
Headliner

« Reply #309 on: November 01, 2008, 02:14:52 AM »

good one leno, good one idiot

scraped
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #310 on: November 01, 2008, 03:02:04 AM »

The fact that Jay Leno is mentioning this, shows there is real interest and news on CD is making headwaves.     Late night talk show hosts crack jokes about EVERYTHING going on.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #311 on: November 01, 2008, 03:14:26 AM »

The fact that Jay Leno is mentioning this, shows there is real interest and news on CD is making headwaves.

The fact that they used to be the biggest band in the world and now a talk show host is using them as a punchline?   hihi

There is interest in CD, but Jay Leno making a joke doesn't prove this.  Like you said (immediately afterwards), these guys make jokes about EVERYTHING.  Axl is an easy target.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #312 on: November 01, 2008, 03:28:38 AM »

The fact that Jay Leno is mentioning this, shows there is real interest and news on CD is making headwaves.

The fact that they used to be the biggest band in the world and now a talk show host is using them as a punchline?   hihi

There is interest in CD, but Jay Leno making a joke doesn't prove this.  Like you said (immediately afterwards), these guys make jokes about EVERYTHING.  Axl is an easy target.

he'd make jokes about the age of members of the Rollings Stones or Aerosmith too (he probably already has).

They haven't put out an album of original material since 1991.    Of course GnR is a huge band, but they've been out of the public spotlight for the most part and the fact that Jay is bringing Axl up in his nightly routine shows the latest GnR news hasn't gone unnoticed.       
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #313 on: November 01, 2008, 04:33:08 AM »

he'd make jokes about the age of members of the Rollings Stones or Aerosmith too (he probably already has).

They haven't put out an album of original material since 1991.    Of course GnR is a huge band, but they've been out of the public spotlight for the most part and the fact that Jay is bringing Axl up in his nightly routine shows the latest GnR news hasn't gone unnoticed.       

Yeah, he always uses the Rolling Stones for age jokes.

Jay doesn't care, he makes fun of people, then has them on his show one week later and he basically sucks off his guests.

Conan is a fan so I can't wait until he starts talking about Axl and CD.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #314 on: November 01, 2008, 06:38:56 AM »

haha, good one. made me think of Jerry Seinfelds parents in the show and the place they live.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #315 on: November 01, 2008, 06:49:42 AM »

haha, good one. made me think of Jerry Seinfelds parents in the show and the place they live.

Del Boca Vista!

Take the pen, Hillel!
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #316 on: November 01, 2008, 09:08:34 AM »

Jay Leno is a jerkoff who will be off the air in a year

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #317 on: November 01, 2008, 09:37:02 AM »

Offense shouldn't be taken, its his job.  And I bet more than a few people first found out that CD was coming out from watching Jay Leno.  Let him joke all he wants, its publicity.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #318 on: November 01, 2008, 10:03:25 AM »

Yeah, he always uses the Rolling Stones for age jokes.

Jay doesn't care, he makes fun of people, then has them on his show one week later and he basically sucks off his guests.

Conan is a fan so I can't wait until he starts talking about Axl and CD.
lol thats exactly what my hubby said.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #319 on: November 01, 2008, 10:04:45 AM »

Offense shouldn't be taken, its his job.  And I bet more than a few people first found out that CD was coming out from watching Jay Leno.  Let him joke all he wants, its publicity.
Exactly!! Doesn't matter what kind of publicity it is as long as he getting it.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: