Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:06:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R references in movies and on TV
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R references in movies and on TV  (Read 297397 times)
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #320 on: November 01, 2008, 01:04:48 PM »

haha, good one. made me think of Jerry Seinfelds parents in the show and the place they live.

Del Boca Vista!

Take the pen, Hillel!

I couldn't possibly...? brilliant stuff!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #321 on: November 01, 2008, 10:32:04 PM »

Oh, listen to the whiny ass bastards talking shit about Jay Leno.  How DARE anybody crack a simple joke about Axl, despite the fact that he's given comedians enough fodder for a lifetime of jokes.

But for once, I actually concur with my longtime nemesis Jim Bob.  The fact that Jay Leno is mentioning Axl is good news for Axl and his album.  As the saying goes, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

It doesn't matter if Leno cracked wise on Axl, the bottom line is that three million people heard Leno say that Axl is releasing a new CD soon.  That's great publicity, and (as someone else said) Conan O'Brien is sure to folllow suit as well.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 10:47:05 PM by Bridge » Logged
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #322 on: November 02, 2008, 08:10:52 AM »

Oh, listen to the whiny ass bastards talking shit about Jay Leno.  How DARE anybody crack a simple joke about Axl, despite the fact that he's given comedians enough fodder for a lifetime of jokes.

But for once, I actually concur with my longtime nemesis Jim Bob.  The fact that Jay Leno is mentioning Axl is good news for Axl and his album.  As the saying goes, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

It doesn't matter if Leno cracked wise on Axl, the bottom line is that three million people heard Leno say that Axl is releasing a new CD soon.  That's great publicity, and (as someone else said) Conan O'Brien is sure to folllow suit as well.
There is a difference between mean spirited attacks, lies, and other crap - and a guy that tells (tries to tell) jokes for a living poking fun at Axl.  A lot of people watch for the monologue ONLY, and GnR got a free ad at peak viewing time.  People should lighten up.  Perhaps Jay should put little laughing emoticons on-screen after he drops a bomb, just to let the anti-social basement dwelling techno-crats know he told a joke.
 hihi

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #323 on: November 06, 2008, 07:10:55 AM »

Last night one of the fighters (Nissen Osterneck) entered the cage to Chinese Democracy on Versus World Extreme Cagefighting. He was actually the first fighter the enter the cage for the first fight, sadly he lost. Later that night they played Welcome to the Jungle when returning from a commercial break.

SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #324 on: November 07, 2008, 11:58:12 PM »

With a picture of an Obama crowd in the background:

"New Rule: Never give up hope! I never thought it would happen, you never thought it would happen...but you will be able to tell your grandkids that in November of 2008....Guns N' Roses finally released Chinese Democracy!"

That's Gold, Jerry - GOLD!  beer

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #325 on: November 08, 2008, 12:07:19 AM »

Free publicity rules.
GeraldFord
« Reply #326 on: November 08, 2008, 02:02:28 PM »

With a picture of an Obama crowd in the background:

"New Rule: Never give up hope! I never thought it would happen, you never thought it would happen...but you will be able to tell your grandkids that in November of 2008....Guns N' Roses finally released Chinese Democracy!"

That's Gold, Jerry - GOLD!  beer

Here's the link:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=qKPSM-N7iwc
GeraldFord
« Reply #327 on: November 08, 2008, 02:04:18 PM »

The Leno comment wasn't really that much of a jab.
Black Betty
Headliner

« Reply #328 on: November 08, 2008, 02:47:37 PM »

hihi Let the Leno's of the world say what they will, that's their job description. This record needs all the publicity it can get, things are very quiet otherwise. Just be nervous when (if) they stop.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #329 on: November 15, 2008, 08:37:58 PM »

YCBM was played during the Rangers game at MSG.  ok

Edit:  They played WTTJ when the Rangers tied the game!!!  Grin

« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 09:32:00 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #330 on: December 01, 2008, 11:41:07 PM »

something about Americans needing to learn to be patient with world affairs.. they gave Axl Rose 17  years
Colbert: he did achieve chinese democracy.. now time for afghani democracy

or something to those lines. im sure we'll get youtube videos soon

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #331 on: December 02, 2008, 12:41:06 AM »

YCBM was played during the Rangers game at MSG.  ok

Edit:  They played WTTJ when the Rangers tied the game!!!  Grin

Isn't WTTJ played at every sports game everywhere?

NY Giants always play it, as do the Devils.
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #332 on: December 02, 2008, 04:35:18 PM »

I heard "Sweet Child O' Mine" mentioned on Johnny Bravo last night.  My wife and I kind of looked at each other and laughed.  Then Dave Mustaine was on Duck Dodgers...  Kind of weird...

-Larry
cattye
Headliner

queen of tumbledown

« Reply #333 on: December 26, 2008, 11:15:12 AM »

So my husband is playing the "Fall Out 3" video game.  He was in some subway part and he says "Hey".  On the wall was grafitti sayig G N R.  Pretty cool.

Forgive them that tear down my soul
Bless them that they might grow old
And free them so that they may know
That it's never too late
Deb Rose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #334 on: December 26, 2008, 07:27:55 PM »

I didn' t read the whole thing, so sorry if someone already mentioned these:

In this one episode of Gilmore Girls, Lorelai goes over to Christopher's house and it's all messy because of his little kid and she says: " Ok, so when did Axl Rose leave??"

And in another episode, one that Sebastian Bach is playing the guitarist in Rory's best friend's band , the lead singer doesn't want to start the gig and the rest of the band is pushing him to and he says something like: "No one tells Axl Rose when he should start the show"

=P

Gilmore girls was so lame, but I watched it and always remember these lines... and the one already mentioned about Stephanie Seymour's dress in November Rain.

I've got an itchy finger
And there'll be hell to pay
I?m gonna pull the trigger
And blow them all away
bruin25
Opening Act

« Reply #335 on: December 27, 2008, 03:59:26 PM »

ESPN's Page Two did a year-end retrospective on "the year that wasn't."

"Aug. 8: The world turns its focus to Beijing, where an army of acrobats, dancers, martial artists and schoolgirls enter the iconic Birds Nest Olympic stadium to stand in line for the long-awaited release of Guns N' Roses' "Chinese Democracy." The album is tangled in controversy, however, when journalists discover Axl Rose's performance in the title-track video was lip-synched by a 9-year-old Chinese girl with buck teeth."

hihi
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #336 on: December 29, 2008, 07:11:29 PM »

I remember years and years ago I was watching that sit-com, Step by Step. Anyone remember that show? Anywho, the eldest daughter got into some trouble somehow and the father grounder her and stopped her from going to the Guns N' Roses gig. And she sooked the whole episode about wanting to see GN'R.
 I think I was 9 when I saw that. Long Long time ago.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #337 on: December 29, 2008, 07:23:07 PM »

ESPN's Page Two did a year-end retrospective on "the year that wasn't."

"Aug. 8: The world turns its focus to Beijing, where an army of acrobats, dancers, martial artists and schoolgirls enter the iconic Birds Nest Olympic stadium to stand in line for the long-awaited release of Guns N' Roses' "Chinese Democracy." The album is tangled in controversy, however, when journalists discover Axl Rose's performance in the title-track video was lip-synched by a 9-year-old Chinese girl with buck teeth."

hihi

What a great idea for a video!!!  beer

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #338 on: December 31, 2008, 12:57:13 AM »

I was just watching Howard TV (Howard Stern's on demand channel).  There was an episode covering Artie Lange's book signing tour for his book, "Too Fat To Fish".  For the New Jersey book signing they cut to a familiar face waiting in line, Bumblefoot.  He said something to the effect. "Hi, this is Ronny, Bumblefoot, whatever the f--k you wanna call me, from Guns N' Roses.  I just wanna congratulate Artie Lange on his #1 book.  Congratulations!"  That's like the 3rd time Ron has come up either during the Stern show or on Howard TV in the past couple months.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #339 on: December 31, 2008, 05:11:28 AM »

Funny stuff I just noticed on Spotify:

Marco Beltrami (you've heard about him, right?) has a song on the '3:10 To Yuma' motion picture soundtrack called: 'Chinese Democracy'. It's just instrumental and no, it doesn't sound like GnR  hihi

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: