Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:33:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R references in movies and on TV
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R references in movies and on TV  (Read 297392 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #360 on: February 09, 2009, 07:41:33 PM »

There was an Axl Rose mention on ESPN's "Around The Horn" today.  Tiger Woods recently had a baby boy that they named Charlie Axel Woods.  The question was posed, which name would you call the boy, Charlie or Axel (since Tiger obviously isn't Woods real first name).  Woody Paige didn't like the name Axel, saying "what is this like Axl Rose?"  To which Jay Marriotti responded, "yes I like that.  Axl Rose, a little rock and roll vibe".  These aren't specific quotes, but it was something to that effect.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
benfolds4980
Opening Act

« Reply #361 on: February 09, 2009, 08:50:41 PM »

over the last 4 or 5 days, ive seen multiple Nascar commercials on ESPN which have Welcome To The Jungle playing the entire time.  No words, no intro, it just comes right in with the opening guitar and the song plays throughout the entire commercial.  Then at the end its just "Nascar 2009", almost like " enough said ".   Im not a nascar fan really but the commercial is cool and obviously with WTTJ on it I stop and stare at the tv every time its on.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #362 on: February 10, 2009, 09:10:13 PM »

In the new horror movie My Bloody Valentine 3D, one of the main characters is named Axel Palmer Wink

Just to clear this up....  That's NOT a GNR reference, that's a reference to the original 1981 My Bloody Valentine film, in which the character was named Axel.  Yes, this 3D movie is yet another shitty remake, like every fucking horror film these days
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 10:27:39 PM by Bridge » Logged
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #363 on: February 15, 2009, 11:09:02 AM »

The Albany River Rats, AHL Hockey team, skated onto the ice to Chinese Democracy last night...don't know if this is the first time, but first I have heard.  Sorry about posting here (it was on TV, though)...I thought there was a more appropriate thread somewhere, but couldn't seem to locate it.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #364 on: February 15, 2009, 11:27:31 PM »

This may have already been mentioned, but I noticed it today when my husband and I were watching the move "Friday Night Lights" for the thousandth time.  A guy in the stands at one of the football games has on a GnR shirt.
Annie
« Reply #365 on: February 17, 2009, 10:37:46 PM »

There was a recent episode of FAMILY GUY called Ocean's 3 and a half. Stewie made a music video that had subtle tributes to NOVEMBER RAIN, PATIENCE, ESTRANGED and DON"T CRY. You can watch it on the FOX website. It's really cute.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #366 on: February 17, 2009, 10:53:35 PM »

There was a recent episode of FAMILY GUY called Ocean's 3 and a half. Stewie made a music video that had subtle tributes to NOVEMBER RAIN, PATIENCE, ESTRANGED and DON"T CRY. You can watch it on the FOX website. It's really cute.

I didn't catch anything GN'R related in that video.
Annie
« Reply #367 on: February 17, 2009, 10:58:33 PM »

The falling leaves, Stewie walking down the street, trashing the hotel room, the grave RIP Stewie, playing acoustic guitar, falling off the bridge, floating down into the water, the girls on swings and the swings become empty. It is subtle, but it is there. I read about this on mygnr and I watched for myself.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #368 on: February 17, 2009, 11:13:39 PM »

The falling leaves, Stewie walking down the street, trashing the hotel room, the grave RIP Stewie, playing acoustic guitar, falling off the bridge, floating down into the water, the girls on swings and the swings become empty. It is subtle, but it is there. I read about this on mygnr and I watched for myself.

Axl only smashes a telephone in Patience.  No hotel rooms are ever trashed in any known Guns N' Roses music videos.

I can name at least two other music videos by other musical groups that show them playing an acoustic guitar.

I don't recall seeing any bridge in any GN'R video.

Leaves fall, it's what they do.  I'm sure Stewie wasn't the first to ever walk down a street.  If one of the stores had a sign above that said "GUNS", I might be able to follow your logic.

Annie
« Reply #369 on: February 18, 2009, 10:37:11 AM »

Axl only smashes a telephone in Patience.  No hotel rooms are ever trashed in any known Guns N' Roses music videos.

I can name at least two other music videos by other musical groups that show them playing an acoustic guitar.

I don't recall seeing any bridge in any GN'R video.

Leaves fall, it's what they do.  I'm sure Stewie wasn't the first to ever walk down a street.  If one of the stores had a sign above that said "GUNS", I might be able to follow your logic.

I have watched the GNR videos enough times to see that the person who made Stewie's video is a creative genius who pays tribute to the great romantic videos of the late 80's and early 90's. Satire is subtle, it is not exclusively GNR but I can see the subtle references by Stewie's expressions. Falling leaves is a metaphor for NOVEMBER RAIN. Throwing the phone is taken straight out of PATIENCE. When Stewie is descending in the water it is so DON'T CRY. The abandoned swings are so ESTRANGED. Seth Mac Farlane is 35. I am sure that he was watching all those epic music videos back in the day.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 10:59:28 AM by Annie » Logged
Gorebringer666
Opening Act

King Of Kings

« Reply #370 on: February 23, 2009, 03:31:10 PM »

I remember on the Commercial for that new movie Death Race they were playing Welcome to the Jungle. Also it was played in the commercial for one of those Racing games, not sure which one but it was released on ps3 i remember that. Also On the Movie Selena when they start trashing the hotel i remember It being played. Patience was also played on Cape fear when she was talking to Max Katy on the phone with a Janes Addiction Music Video playing on the tv.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 03:33:06 PM by Gorebringer666 » Logged

"Funny how everything was Roses when we held on to the Guns..."-Breakdown
Annie
« Reply #371 on: February 24, 2009, 07:27:18 PM »

I remember on the Commercial for that new movie Death Race they were playing Welcome to the Jungle. Also it was played in the commercial for one of those Racing games, not sure which one but it was released on ps3 i remember that. Also On the Movie Selena when they start trashing the hotel i remember It being played. Patience was also played on Cape fear when she was talking to Max Katy on the phone with a Janes Addiction Music Video playing on the tv.
I went to see that movie Death Race because of the promos with WTTJ. It wasn't in the movie, but it was a pretty good movie I wouldn't have otherwise seen. The promos were totally awesome with WTTJ.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #372 on: February 24, 2009, 08:50:08 PM »

Can someone give me a link to this please? I had a look at the fox sit but couldnt see it.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Annie
« Reply #373 on: February 24, 2009, 08:56:15 PM »

Can someone give me a link to this please? I had a look at the fox sit but couldnt see it.

peace
http://www.fox.com/fod/play.php?sh=familyguy
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #374 on: February 24, 2009, 08:58:47 PM »

peace

Thanks Mate  ok

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #375 on: February 24, 2009, 09:04:11 PM »

peace

Thanks Mate  ok

peace

Bloody stupid website. It says, only available to people inside the U.S. This stupid country won't get it for fucking ages. Australian telly sucks.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Annie
« Reply #376 on: February 24, 2009, 09:16:35 PM »

peace

Thanks Mate  ok

peace

Bloody stupid website. It says, only available to people inside the U.S. This stupid country won't get it for fucking ages. Australian telly sucks.

peace
I'm sorry.  Try this on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egylsudgAt4   It's called Stewie griffin's Do it For you.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 09:38:09 PM by Annie » Logged
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #377 on: February 24, 2009, 09:43:33 PM »

peace

Thanks Mate  ok

peace

peace
I'm sorry.  Try this on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egylsudgAt4   It's called Stewie griffin's Do it For you.

Not your fault. Thanks for the 2nd link.  beer

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #378 on: February 26, 2009, 10:52:24 PM »

Probably already been said, but last night I was watching "Home Improvement" and Tim's father-in-law asked if he had gotten the tickets to the Guns and Ammo show, and Tim said, "Guns and Ammo?  I thought you wanted tickets to Guns n Roses!"
gnrfan1797
« Reply #379 on: March 03, 2009, 03:27:00 PM »

"The Underground Comedy Movie", 2000
Slash acts in this movie

"Titans", 2000
"Welcome to the jungle"
is played at begening
unconfirmed

"Loser", 2000
Actor mentions "Axl Rose"

"End Of Days", 1999
Soundtrack contains :
"Oh My God"

"Never Been Kissed", 1999
One of the Newspaper employees where Drew's character works said that says that she loses her virginity in the back of a van at a Guns N Roses concert.

"Big Daddy", 1999
Soundtrack contains :
"Sweet Child O' Mine" by Sheryl Crow
+
A re-recorded version of "Sweet Child O' Mine"
mixed with the recording

"Can't Hardly Wait", 1998
Soundtrack contains :
"Paradise City"

"Private Parts", 1997
Scene where Slash appears:
When Howard Stern does his Fart Man act
on stage, he then goes backstage and this is where you briefly see Slash.

"Grosse Point Blank", 1997
Gun's N' Roses Live and Let Die comes on
outside the store, then Paul McCartney's
version inside the store.

"Selena", 1997
Soundtrack contains "Welcome to the jungle".

"Big Bully", 1996
Tom Arnold gives Rick Moranis an Evel Knievel doll from when they were kids. The son of Rick's character ask's who's Evel Knievel. Rick says he was the original drummer for GNR

"First Wives Club", 1996
Scene where Guns N' Roses is mentioned:
A lady finds many bottles of hard liquor
in the garbage and asks:
"Who'd you party with? Guns N' Roses?"

"Empire Records", 1995
One if the actors is asked who his
favorite singer is, he replies Axl.
He further defends his choice by
talking about Axl.

"Interview With The Vampire", 1994
Soundtrack contains:
"Sympathy For The Devil",
Performed By Guns N' Roses

"True Lies", 1994
Scene where Guns N' Roses is mentioned:
When Arnold is complaining about his daughter, his friend tells him "Look, Axl Rose is her father and Madonna is her Mother!"

"Brainscan", 1994
Furlong is surprised finding his friend outside the frontdoor gasping; "Man, is it You?!". His friend replies "No, it's AXL ROSE you idiot!"

"Airheads", 1994
The mention in the end that they
want the GN'R director.

"National Lampoon Last Resort", 1994
An old lady and her husband get on a bus a they sit in the front seat. The old lady looks behind her and sees a fat couple in there late 30's that have pirate hats on. The old lady says "Ahh! It's Guns N' Roses." The fat lady with pirate says "No honey where the Morgey's."

"The Program", 1993
Soundtrack contains:
"Welcome To The Jungle"

"Encino Man", 1992
Guy suggests calling ice man "Axl"
and performs the signature Axl dance.

"Wayne's World", 1992
Guy has GNR T-Shirt in scene.

"Terminator 2", 1991
Official soundtrack contains:
"You Could Be Mine"

"Cape Fear", 1991
Girl sits in the room with
"Patience" on the radio.

"Days Of Thunder", 1990
Soundtrack contains:
"Knocking On Heavens Door"

"State of Grace", 1990
Soundtrack contains:
"Sweet Child O' Mine"

"National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation", 1989
Daughter has a guns n roses
poster in the backround

"Casualties of WAR", 1989
Soundtrack contains:
"Michael J. Fox makes a speech,
which is included in Madagascar"

"Lean On Me", 1989
Soundtrack contains:
"Welcome To The Jungle"

"Dead Pool", 1988
GNR members make two brief
appearances in the movie: at a rock
star's funeral and on a boat.
Soundtrack contains:
"Welcome To The Jungle"

"Vanishing Point", 1971
The song "Breakdown" from
the Use Your Illisusion II album
has quotes from this movie :
"There goes the challenger being chased
by the blue blue meanies on wheels..."

"Cool Hand Luke", 1967
The speech at the beginning of the
song "Civil War" is from this movie.

Something Missing ?

Yes i just watched don't tell mom the babysitter is Dead and in it the kid has on a gnr tshirt and on the wall outside his room is the coolest gnr poster i've ever seen
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: