Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:32:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R references in movies and on TV
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R references in movies and on TV  (Read 297386 times)
Annie
« Reply #380 on: March 03, 2009, 07:18:23 PM »

"The Underground Comedy Movie", 2000
Slash acts in this movie

"Titans", 2000
"Welcome to the jungle"
is played at begening
unconfirmed

"Loser", 2000
Actor mentions "Axl Rose"

"End Of Days", 1999
Soundtrack contains :
"Oh My God"

"Never Been Kissed", 1999
One of the Newspaper employees where Drew's character works said that says that she loses her virginity in the back of a van at a Guns N Roses concert.

"Big Daddy", 1999
Soundtrack contains :
"Sweet Child O' Mine" by Sheryl Crow
+
A re-recorded version of "Sweet Child O' Mine"
mixed with the recording

"Can't Hardly Wait", 1998
Soundtrack contains :
"Paradise City"

"Private Parts", 1997
Scene where Slash appears:
When Howard Stern does his Fart Man act
on stage, he then goes backstage and this is where you briefly see Slash.

"Grosse Point Blank", 1997
Gun's N' Roses Live and Let Die comes on
outside the store, then Paul McCartney's
version inside the store.

"Selena", 1997
Soundtrack contains "Welcome to the jungle".

"Big Bully", 1996
Tom Arnold gives Rick Moranis an Evel Knievel doll from when they were kids. The son of Rick's character ask's who's Evel Knievel. Rick says he was the original drummer for GNR

"First Wives Club", 1996
Scene where Guns N' Roses is mentioned:
A lady finds many bottles of hard liquor
in the garbage and asks:
"Who'd you party with? Guns N' Roses?"

"Empire Records", 1995
One if the actors is asked who his
favorite singer is, he replies Axl.
He further defends his choice by
talking about Axl.

"Interview With The Vampire", 1994
Soundtrack contains:
"Sympathy For The Devil",
Performed By Guns N' Roses

"True Lies", 1994
Scene where Guns N' Roses is mentioned:
When Arnold is complaining about his daughter, his friend tells him "Look, Axl Rose is her father and Madonna is her Mother!"

"Brainscan", 1994
Furlong is surprised finding his friend outside the frontdoor gasping; "Man, is it You?!". His friend replies "No, it's AXL ROSE you idiot!"

"Airheads", 1994
The mention in the end that they
want the GN'R director.

"National Lampoon Last Resort", 1994
An old lady and her husband get on a bus a they sit in the front seat. The old lady looks behind her and sees a fat couple in there late 30's that have pirate hats on. The old lady says "Ahh! It's Guns N' Roses." The fat lady with pirate says "No honey where the Morgey's."

"The Program", 1993
Soundtrack contains:
"Welcome To The Jungle"

"Encino Man", 1992
Guy suggests calling ice man "Axl"
and performs the signature Axl dance.

"Wayne's World", 1992
Guy has GNR T-Shirt in scene.

"Terminator 2", 1991
Official soundtrack contains:
"You Could Be Mine"

"Cape Fear", 1991
Girl sits in the room with
"Patience" on the radio.

"Days Of Thunder", 1990
Soundtrack contains:
"Knocking On Heavens Door"

"State of Grace", 1990
Soundtrack contains:
"Sweet Child O' Mine"

"National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation", 1989
Daughter has a guns n roses
poster in the backround

"Casualties of WAR", 1989
Soundtrack contains:
"Michael J. Fox makes a speech,
which is included in Madagascar"

"Lean On Me", 1989
Soundtrack contains:
"Welcome To The Jungle"

"Dead Pool", 1988
GNR members make two brief
appearances in the movie: at a rock
star's funeral and on a boat.
Soundtrack contains:
"Welcome To The Jungle"

"Vanishing Point", 1971
The song "Breakdown" from
the Use Your Illisusion II album
has quotes from this movie :
"There goes the challenger being chased
by the blue blue meanies on wheels..."

"Cool Hand Luke", 1967
The speech at the beginning of the
song "Civil War" is from this movie.

Something Missing ?

Yes i just watched don't tell mom the babysitter is Dead and in it the kid has on a gnr tshirt and on the wall outside his room is the coolest gnr poster i've ever seen
Great summary. there were AXL/GNR mentions in past episodes of HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER. YES DEAR and that old show of Christiana Applegate's back in the late 1990's where she wanted to name her son after Axl and she was a GNR fan. She had to miss the concert because she was going into labor and she said, "Don't worry we'll see Gunsnroses again, they're like the ROLLING STONES. they'll be around forever."
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #381 on: March 03, 2009, 10:54:57 PM »

I remember Yes Dear.  That was a good show.  I'm pretty sure it wasn't Christina Applegate though. 
Annie
« Reply #382 on: March 03, 2009, 11:08:31 PM »

I remember Yes Dear.  That was a good show.  I'm pretty sure it wasn't Christina Applegate though. 
Christina Appegate had a show called Jesse. The episode I remember was from Feb 2000 and was called Jesse' Gives Birth. It was really funny because she was 17 and pregnant and wearing an AXL ROSE bandana.
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #383 on: March 03, 2009, 11:29:23 PM »

Ahhh, I was confused.  I remember Jesse, too.  That was also a good show.  Dang, I watch too much tv!
Annie
« Reply #384 on: March 03, 2009, 11:30:11 PM »

Ahhh, I was confused.  I remember Jesse, too.  That was also a good show.  Dang, I watch too much tv!
Me too.
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #385 on: March 03, 2009, 11:33:01 PM »

I just realized that if I had been pregnant when I was 17, I very well may have been wearing an Axl bandana too!  There was a time when I swore I'd name my kids Axl and Patience!!!
Annie
« Reply #386 on: March 03, 2009, 11:35:21 PM »

I just realized that if I had been pregnant when I was 17, I very well may have been wearing an Axl bandana too!  There was a time when I swore I'd name my kids Axl and Patience!!!
I love it. Did you or would you?
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #387 on: March 03, 2009, 11:40:08 PM »

No... sadly, my husband was determined that our son's name had to sound good coming over the loud speaker during football games.  All we could agree on was Zack.  Our daughter was going to be named Patience because that was/is our song.  We had planned that since 1989 when we first got together.  My mother had other plans though.  She knew a woman with that name that she did not like at all, so she swore she'd call her Pat if we named her Patience.  We wound up with a mixture of my maiden name, Meredith, and my husband's middle name, Daniel:  Meredith Danielle.  We call her Dani.

But when we renew our vows one day, we are playing Patience.  Didn't get to the first time around.  Parents had a fit, and we were young, and they were paying, so ya know...  Next time, we're doing what we want!!!
Annie
« Reply #388 on: March 03, 2009, 11:42:12 PM »

No... sadly, my husband was determined that our son's name had to sound good coming over the loud speaker during football games.  All we could agree on was Zack.  Our daughter was going to be named Patience because that was/is our song.  We had planned that since 1989 when we first got together.  My mother had other plans though.  She knew a woman with that name that she did not like at all, so she swore she'd call her Pat if we named her Patience.  We wound up with a mixture of my maiden name, Meredith, and my husband's middle name, Daniel:  Meredith Danielle.  We call her Dani.

But when we renew our vows one day, we are playing Patience.  Didn't get to the first time around.  Parents had a fit, and we were young, and they were paying, so ya know...  Next time, we're doing what we want!!!
Those are very nice names. How could anybody not like Patience?
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #389 on: March 03, 2009, 11:47:38 PM »

Thanks!  As for the name, it's not that she didn't like it.  She just associated it with someone she didn't like.  The song?  They all liked it, but had a problem with us playing GnR in the church!!!  Go figure!  Also, back then, I think both sets of parents associated that song with our teenage relationship, which was like hell in a handbasket, and they didn't want any reminders!  14 years later, it's a reminder of how far we've come!
Annie
« Reply #390 on: March 03, 2009, 11:49:41 PM »

Thanks!  As for the name, it's not that she didn't like it.  She just associated it with someone she didn't like.  The song?  They all liked it, but had a problem with us playing GnR in the church!!!  Go figure!  Also, back then, I think both sets of parents associated that song with our teenage relationship, which was like hell in a handbasket, and they didn't want any reminders!  14 years later, it's a reminder of how far we've come!
Cool story. Thanks for sharing.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #391 on: March 11, 2009, 09:02:33 AM »

Yesterday they played Better (an edited version to show only with the instrumental parts) on Big Brother Brasil. They used to play If The World a lot in the past weeks...

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #392 on: March 12, 2009, 02:12:38 AM »

They played a little bit of Welcome To The Jungle on the daily show tonight to go along with Stewart's "fued" with CNBC's Jim Cramer. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
GNRFAN20
« Reply #393 on: March 12, 2009, 10:44:00 AM »

Yesterday they played Better (an edited version to show only with the instrumental parts) on Big Brother Brasil. They used to play If The World a lot in the past weeks...

Brazil have always liked Guns.
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #394 on: March 16, 2009, 07:33:58 PM »

Gnr reference just on  Jeopardy. Something about a "Feast" that went on to be the biggest selling debut album of all time. The contestant buzzed in immediately and answered it correctly.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #395 on: March 16, 2009, 08:11:06 PM »

What is, Appetite For Destruction. 

I'll take GNR trivia for $1,000 Alex.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #396 on: March 17, 2009, 02:35:12 AM »

axl's name popped up during the George Lopez show
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #397 on: March 17, 2009, 03:02:38 AM »

On Married with Children, they make a mention of Guns N' Roses and "isn't that Axl with his shirt off". I wish I could remember which episode it was...anyone recall?

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #398 on: March 17, 2009, 06:01:54 AM »

On Married with Children, they make a mention of Guns N' Roses and "isn't that Axl with his shirt off". I wish I could remember which episode it was...anyone recall?

Haha! I remember that one too...

As I recall, Bud tries to get Kelly's attention and says something like: "Hey, isn't that Guns N' Roses on the TV? Doesn't that Axl-guy ever wear a shirt??!    Smiley

Stavanger-rock-city!!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #399 on: March 17, 2009, 11:14:31 PM »

How I remember it is Bud wanted to get Kelly to do something, and as a reward he would let her watch a Guns N' Roses video.  Axl might even take his shirt off.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: